Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To make it simple...

It typed me as an ENTJ.

Te, Ni, Fi, Ti, Ne, Se, Si, Fe
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahahahahaha!!!

, , , , , , ,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus I'm in a weird mood tonight.

Also notice the introverts have more introverted functions listed higher. We'll have to see how that keeps developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Especially interesting to me is that your Fi>Ti!
    What is incredibly interesting to me is that > for Cone.

Creepy-

I got Te, Ti, Fe, Fi, Si, Se, Ne, Ni.

What Socionics type could I be?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I urge you guys to try it out and post what you get, just to give a little information on the validity of something like this.

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...nt/survey.html
    The result says that I am an INTJ (by MBTI model) i.e. " introverted Intuiting and extraverted Thinking "

Here is my test result by total lengths (of all three colors) on the chart (longest first):

Ni, Ne, Ti, Te, Fi, Fe, Si, Se

But I don't understand this "chart" (of lengths), can somebody explain to me what this "pattern" (of lengths/functions) means? Which color should I be looking at when identifying my type? Green? Blue? Red? Or, total lengths of all colors?

What's my type for Socionics, according to these "functions"? (INTP? - " introverted Intuiting and extraverted Thinking", according to Socionics?)

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...nt/survey.html

Thank you.

**My problem with interpreting them myself is that, they/the list seem so "symmetric" (unlike others'), that I wonder if these are my "real" traits? Or, is this (symmetry) just a coincident?

Ah, I thought ususally MBTI tests would tell me that I am an INTP! Kind of a surprise.

Viv

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

["Transigent"]Ah, we have some difficult ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Looks pretty darn inconclusive! I would guess xSTx maybe? The only thing that seems clear is that you are probably not Intuitive (so by default you could be S.) Also, if you were ESTj, I think your Se would be higher.

I am going to guess ISTj or ISTp?
    Wow, amazing! How did you get that?

Just wonder why not F, but S?

[
    quote="VivPhilos"]Ni, Ne, Ti, Te, Fi, Fe, Si, Se
    This seems inconclusive also. If the Ni is much larger than Ne, and Ti is very close to Te, I would guess INTp.[/quote]

Good guess and thank you, Transigent. You know what? I just went through Socionic Assistant, it came up as INTP!!

But the Ni is not much larger than Ne. I just counted grid by grid (impressed? ) and I got these figures below:

Ni : 49
    Ne : 44
    Ti : 43
    Te : 37
    Fi : 35
    Fe : 27
    Si : 19
    Se : 17

But MBTI's INTJ is the same as INTP with Soconics model by functions (i.e. both are introverted Intuitive extroverted thinking), right?

Anyway, it seems you are at least xNxp, but if you are female, I would say that you are xNTp.
    Wow, this is really interesting. Looks like you've really got it right. Yes, I am female (hehe...). But why has it got anything to do with Female/male? Also, where did you get the P from? I am really curious!

But I don't understand this "chart" (of lengths), can somebody explain to me what this "pattern" (of lengths/functions) means? Which color should I be looking at when identifying my type? Green? Blue? Red? Or, total lengths of all colors?
    I just looked at the total lengths.

They explain what the colors mean above the chart: Red - synergistic use with other processes, Blue - developed use, Green - basic use. Nothing tangible can be determined from the colors it seems. (Although my 4 concious socionics functions were the 4 functions highest in green, but there is not enough data to make a conclusion based on that.)

[
    quote]My problem with interpreting them myself is that, they/the list seem so "symmetric" (unlike others'), that I wonder if these are my "real" traits? Or, is this (symmetry) just a coincident?
    Probably somewhat of a coincidence. It is based on a "rating" scale and there are only 50 questions or so, so if you took it again, the functions would probably switch around somewhat. The test isn't really that accurate, it is just a way to get some somewhat objective data. Like when I first took this test (a few weeks ago) Ti was the top function for me, recently, it was Ne. So there is alot of variability due to the nature of the question response "type".
    [/quote]
    Got it, and thank you.

Ah, I thought usually MBTI tests would tell me that I am an INTP! Kind of a surprise.
    Probably. By the 4-scale preference you would probably test INTP, but this test uses a functional analysis method.
    Bingle (right spelling?), this explains the differences between MBTI and Socionics' Functional Analysis", I suppose.

Hell, if this test method was popularized in MBTI, they would discover the "introverted complexity 47" by themselves!

That is, take an "MBTI tested" INTP, give them this test, and there is a good shot that Ni could wind up as the top function.
    Huh...? What is "introverted complexity 47"? Are you serious or just kidding?

Thanks a lot for answering my questions, Transigent.
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*
    The ENTp Chinese Roast Duck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti, Ne, Ni, Te, Se, Fi, Si, Fe
    INTJ/ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please ignore this post.

**For some reason I can't "delete" the original post, so I delete the message instead. Sorry for the confusion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[
    quote="Anonymous"]I got Te, Ti, Fe, Fi, Si, Se, Ne, Ni.

Looks pretty darn inconclusive! I would guess xSTx maybe? The only thing that seems clear is that you are probably not Intuitive (so by default you could be S.) Also, if you were ESTj, I think your Se would be higher.

I am going to guess ISTj or ISTp?
    Amazing! How did you get that?

Just wonder why not F, but S?

quote="VivPhilos"]Ni, Ne, Ti, Te, Fi, Fe, Si, Se
    This seems inconclusive also. If the Ni is much larger than Ne, and Ti is very close to Te, I would guess INTp.[/quote]

Good guess and thank you, Transigent. You know what? I just went through Socionic Assistant, it came up as INTP!!

But the Ni is not much larger than Ne. I just counted grid by grid (impressed? ) and I got these figures below:

Ni : 49
    Ne : 44
    Ti : 43
    Te : 37
    Fi : 35
    Fe : 27
    Si : 19
    Se : 17

But MBTI's INTJ is the same as INTP with Soconics model by functions (i.e. both are introverted Intuitive extroverted Thinking), right?

Anyway, it seems you are at least xNxp, but if you are female, I would say that you are xNTp.
    Wow, this is really interesting. Looks like you've really got it right. Yes, I am female (hehe...). But why has it got anything to do with Female/male? Also, where did you get the P from? I am really curious!

I just looked at the total lengths.

They explain what the colors mean above the chart: Red - synergistic use with other processes, Blue - developed use, Green - basic use. Nothing tangible can be determined from the colors it seems. (Although my 4 concious socionics functions were the 4 functions highest in green, but there is not enough data to make a conclusion based on that.)

[
    quote]My problem with interpreting them myself is that, they/the list seem so "symmetric" (unlike others'), that I wonder if these are my "real" traits? Or, is this (symmetry) just a coincident?
    Probably somewhat of a coincidence. It is based on a "rating" scale and there are only 50 questions or so, so if you took it again, the functions would probably switch around somewhat. The test isn't really that accurate, it is just a way to get some somewhat objective data. Like when I first took this test (a few weeks ago) Ti was the top function for me, recently, it was Ne. So there is alot of variability due to the nature of the question response "type".
    Got it, and thank you.

Ah, I thought usually MBTI tests would tell me that I am an INTP! Kind of a surprise.
    Probably. By the 4-scale preference you would probably test INTP, but this test uses a functional analysis method.
    Bingle (right spelling?), this explains the differences between MBTI and Socionics' Functional Analysis", I suppose.

Hell, if this test method was popularized in MBTI, they would discover the "introverted complexity 47" by themselves!

That is, take an "MBTI tested" INTP, give them this test, and there is a good shot that Ni could wind up as the top function.
    Huh...? What is "introverted complexity 47"? Are you serious or just kidding?

Thanks a lot for answering my questions, Transigent.[/quote][/quote]
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Te > Ti + Fe > Fi = Je > Ji
    T > F = T
    S > N = S

Probable type ESTJ/ISTP. (ie Te Si or Si Te)

Quote Originally Posted by VivPhilos
    Ni, Ne, Ti, Te, Fi, Fe, Si, Se
    based upon what you said before and this INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I am an INTJ with dominant iNtuition, simple. It doesn't bother me that this technically doesn't fit with the theory because it explains it perfectly, obviously the theory is not flexible or good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I am an INTJ with dominant iNtuition, simple. It doesn't bother me that this technically doesn't fit with the theory because it explains it perfectly, obviously the theory is not flexible or good enough.
    Maybe the Ne/Ni combo is what throws my whole function preference thing all wonky
    INTJ/ENTP

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Transigent,

Thanks for your answers!

Also, ESTx's seem to have reasonably good Se or else they would never be able to get anything done at all. so ISTj or ISTp.
    Interesting.

Females are naturally more F, so it is telling even if you scored over a-little-bit T since your gender is already disposed to F.
    Again, makes good sense - a good tactic for identifying types.

Also, where did you get the P from? I am really curious!
    Your top two were percieving functions! If you were J, at least one would be a T function.
    See...so it is possible to get (just an assumption) e.g. Ni, Ti, Ne, Te, ...? I thought all the "lengths" would be "symmetric" like mine, e.g. Ni, Ne, Ti, Te, Fi, Fe and so on... But, sure, you already said this maybe an accident.

Thanks again, Transigent.
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, anything is possible. A test is just like an experiment: messy as hell and can't really be used to prove anything. It is just extra data that could help to point you in the right direction.
    Got it and agreed.

For example, I have MBTI tested as INTP, ENFP, INFP;
    Socionics Type Assitant tested as INTp
    [/quote]

Believe or not, This is exactly my case too!

I have got the same INTP, INFP, and sometimes ENFP too with MBTI. But Socionics says that I am an INTP.

But the type that fits me best (through functional anaylsis) is none of these: it is ENTp.
    I am a little different from you with this one. The best description that fits me through functional analysis (after reading some Jung's scripts) is INTP.

So we have similar problems with this E/I thing, ah?
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's funny, I've scored INTP on every test I've ever taken. Well, except for that pesky test that you posted, Transigent.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)