Thread: Fun mixes of types

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fun mixes of types

You know what's fun, is to go out drinking w/ 1 ENFp, 1 ISTp and 1 ESTp.

The ENFp provides fun ideas. And smoothes over any feelings-issues. Provides some Fe for the ESTp and Fi of course for the ISTp.

The ESTp and ISTp implement fun ideas, remembering where various bars are, etc.

The ESTp talks to everyone naturally, making it more fun to meet new people, and is not concerned about a bar fight and uses it as a good chance to get a drink while there isn't a line.

The ISTp is social and fun and ensures everything is comfy and everyone has drinks. Good times!!

What mixes of types have been your favorites??
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me IEE SEE
    me SLI IEE ESE
    me ESI SEI
    me IEI EII

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two LIIs walk into a bar.........
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    Two LIIs walk into a bar.........
    fall to the floor unconscious, and wake up with two nice ESEs by their side. They then proceed to see a movie together and everyone ends up happy.

... then the LIIs wake up after having water splashed on their face.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post

The ENFp provides fun ideas. And smoothes over any feelings-issues. Provides some Fe for the ESTp and Fi of course for the ISTp.

The ESTp talks to everyone naturally, making it more fun to meet new people, and is not concerned about a bar fight and uses it as a good chance to get a drink while there isn't a line.

The ISTp is social and fun and ensures everything is comfy and everyone has drinks. Good times!!

I'm so jealous, Jewels!!!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me + ISFp + ESFj = comedy trio that cannot be beat
    Me + ENTp = most of the best friendships I've ever had
    Me + INTp = at least a slight amount of romantic attraction UGH

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I'm so jealous, Jewels!!!
    I've noticed that many IEEs here seem obsessed with ISTps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    well of course! They are obsession-worthy

But it makes sense. ENFps love people and dynamics of how relationships w/ those people work. So obsessing over our duals only makes sense. It'd be like if ENFps weren't people, but were instead cars or tasty food or something -- the ISTps would be talking about us constantly on forums as well.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well of course! They are obsession-worthy

But it makes sense. ENFps love people and dynamics of how relationships w/ those people work. So obsessing over our duals only makes sense. It'd be like if ENFps weren't people, but were instead cars or tasty food or something -- the ISTps would be talking about us constantly on forums as well.
    Well, it's not healthy to want something so badly, I've found that there's a deceptive element to obsession. I might be projecting right now due to some obsession problems I'm having, so take what I say with a grain of salt .

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are addictive, like a drug. Well the one I dualized with anyway. . .Where are the others!!

I think it's the Si. . .they come across as immensely caring people, but with that Te/Fe-POLR exterior that doesn't suggest that. In a way that makes SLI seem immensely sincere about their caring, and that just touches my heart. And makes me feel a little guilty about not being that way myself. Their Te-creative also has a similar effect on me. And their Fi-HA makes them inherently want to be good/moral people, which also touches my heart. Everything else doesn't matter. I guess I just described duality

I think anyone who has experienced duality with their duals (not just ISTp's) knows the feeling. I remember the SLEs and IEIs in the beta forum were also describing each other as addictive.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's not healthy to want something so badly, I've found that there's a deceptive element to obsession. I might be projecting right now due to some obsession problems I'm having, so take what I say with a grain of salt .
    You're absolutely right that it's not healthy. Luckily I found socionics and I am able to recognize that my obsession is really just due to the fact that this guy is my dual, and all I have to do is find another dual, of whom theoretically there are lots out there. Not that it makes it any easier in practice to tell my heart to let go. I'm getting there. . .

WARNING: if you meet a dual and know that nothing can happen between the two of you, DO NOT dualize because once you do, it's too late. It leaves scars.

Anyway, not to derail Jewel's thread any further. . .

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I'm known to be good with even Beta. My friend is an LSI and we can have a blast or a nice relaxing session, even though he can say things about me that are wrong, or go on about technicalities I don't care about. He can also seem to disfavor my curious and wild imagination at times, though there are always ways around that and ideas that can be fun for the both of us. He also does not seem very polite or responsive to people when he needs to be. Then I have a hard time being with an EIE, especially if immature, as they can seem to disrupt the current of my temperament in a negative way with imposition. It feels like a competition for negative and positive space, even though I'm not doing anything, and I want to have my own space.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are addictive, like a drug. Well the one I dualized with anyway. . .Where are the others!!

I think it's the Si. . .they come across as immensely caring people, but with that Te/Fe-POLR exterior that doesn't suggest that. In a way that makes SLI seem immensely sincere about their caring, and that just touches my heart. And makes me feel a little guilty about not being that way myself. Their Te-creative also has a similar effect on me. And their Fi-HA makes them inherently want to be good/moral people, which also touches my heart. Everything else doesn't matter. I guess I just described duality

I think anyone who has experienced duality with their duals (not just ISTp's) knows the feeling. I remember the SLEs and IEIs in the beta forum were also describing each other as addictive.
    You're absolutely right that it's not healthy. Luckily I found socionics and I am able to recognize that my obsession is really just due to the fact that this guy is my dual, and all I have to do is find another dual, of whom theoretically there are lots out there. Not that it makes it any easier in practice to tell my heart to let go. I'm getting there. . .

WARNING: if you meet a dual and know that nothing can happen between the two of you, DO NOT dualize because once you do, it's too late. It leaves scars.

Oy, this is one of those moments where it will be hard for me to say something that doesn't sounds cynical and negative, and hope you treat it impersonally . Maybe it won't come to that... I've found that the vibe your projecting leads to disappointment, at least for me it has. I remember feeling that way in the past, and maybe due to unfortunate events (unlucky if you will) things went to a 180 turn, and actually developed feelings of anger and remorse, which can be very hard to overcome. The thing is, anything that feels like a drug, that seems too good to be true, might well have an element of deception to it... So far I'm beginning to see that the good things in life go hand in hand with work, that things are as good as how much work you put into it. Eh, I'll stop now, I don't want to come off as some preacher, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no worries...you know I'm always happy to dissect ENFp/ISTp interactions, lol . But seriuosly, sheesh you're right. Once you bond like that it seems just impossible to un-bond. Makes me wonder though because some ISTps just bore me (or maybe it's because I didn't "dualize" w/ them).

But seriously, scars! yeah. you're right about that.

Though I guess if you know 100 percent it's over you can move on pretty fast. W/ my ex, there seems to still be a chance to improve things, so I'm hopeful because it's such a great match...but now I wonder if we are meant to be or if it's the duality. It's so confusing.

edit: and wow, did I not just contradict every sentence after I typed it? No Ti here...nope.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oy, this is one of those moments where it will be hard for me to say something that doesn't sounds cynical and negative, and hope you treat it impersonally . Maybe it won't come to that... I've found that the vibe your projecting leads to disappointment, at least for me it has. I remember feeling that way in the past, and maybe due to unfortunate events (unlucky if you will) things went to a 180 turn, and actually developed feelings of anger and remorse, which can be very hard to overcome. The thing is, anything that feels like a drug, that seems too good to be true, might well have an element of deception to it... So far I'm beginning to see that the good things in life go hand in hand with work, that things are as good as how much work you put into it. Eh, I'll stop now, I don't want to come off as some preacher, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
    This makes sense. You know, sometimes, when I feel very organized, I wonder if I'm an INFj, because I do like some things planned (and yes, yes, I know this isn't MBTI, but still there are similarities). But then I read something like this that is so reasonable and thought out, and realize, no, I'm not an INFj. I'm meaning that as a compliment as compared to my rambling rambles.

I also think you're perfect for ESTjs about the work outlook, as most I've known feel that way too.

And yeah, work is good and leads to rewards. But sometimes too much work is bad and gets you nowhere. I guess we need to decide the difference, and realize what's worth putting the work into. But this is of course coming from the other half of the quadra who is slightly more slacker-ish than your dual's half.

Creepy-Cyclops

Socionics has some uses, but it's only a personality theory with a lot of restrictions. I think it's important for people to remember that others are first and foremost personalities, and seperate that from type.

Dunno, random example of many possibles.

Two of the people I work with are ESTj and ESTp. The ESTj has some psychological issues which makes him VERY difficult to work with. Basically, he's a tube, and i'd choose to work with the ESTp any day.

I think socionics sells itself way too highly. It is very useful imo when given the right sense of perspective.

Oh yeah, work - it truly is important. Any 'normal' person works and integrates with society, those who don't just either got lucky or are loosers, regardless of type.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I frequently hang out with alphas, so like, maybe me, an LII, and an ESE. The ESE is like, joke machine, I'm like, backup, and the LII is like, super receptive to Fe from both of us, which of course gratifies both of us (especially since in the same friend group there are a decent amount of deltas--as mentioned on my one and only blog post--and I always feel a little Fe-repressed around deltas, which is weird, 'cause I can always Fe the shit out of people and make things work).

My number 1 default friend group in high school which was always always fun was me, an LSI, and an ILI. We could always go to lunch and have a good time and not be bored. That was more due to how long we'd been friends I think. We haven't seen each other in months and I could go to lunch with them right now and have a great time, like time hadn't really passed at all.

Surprisingly fun is playing third wheel for my best friend (SLE) and his girlfriend (ESI, I'm pretty sure). Basically, me and the ESI connect over being ethical types (I sort of entertain her Fi, made far more palatable by her forceful, Se-influenced manner of presenting it), and then me and the SLE do our pseudo-intellectual philosophizing thing, and then they can go off and, well, boy-girl-friend-ify, and I can sit in the corner and make love to the Muse (I actually rather like being periodically ignored; I can sort of hang out with myself with other people nearby, which I quite like).

In my high school theater department, the main seniors my senior year were SEE, LSI, EIE, and me (IEI), so we had a good time together, worked well together, lots of Se in the atmosphere. We always had something to laugh about, although since the LSI and I didn't really have similar intellectual interests, I never really got the full Ti experience. Still, for sheer fun and laughs, it was a great group, and they were all really talented, which was great.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no worries...you know I'm always happy to dissect ENFp/ISTp interactions, lol . But seriuosly, sheesh you're right. Once you bond like that it seems just impossible to un-bond. Makes me wonder though because some ISTps just bore me (or maybe it's because I didn't "dualize" w/ them).

But seriously, scars! yeah. you're right about that.

Though I guess if you know 100 percent it's over you can move on pretty fast. W/ my ex, there seems to still be a chance to improve things, so I'm hopeful because it's such a great match...but now I wonder if we are meant to be or if it's the duality. It's so confusing.

edit: and wow, did I not just contradict every sentence after I typed it? No Ti here...nope.
    feelings usually aren't logical And I agree with everything you said, dont see any contradictions.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes sense. You know, sometimes, when I feel very organized, I wonder if I'm an INFj, because I do like some things planned (and yes, yes, I know this isn't MBTI, but still there are similarities). But then I read something like this that is so reasonable and thought out, and realize, no, I'm not an INFj. I'm meaning that as a compliment as compared to my rambling rambles.

I also think you're perfect for ESTjs about the work outlook, as most I've known feel that way too.

And yeah, work is good and leads to rewards. But sometimes too much work is bad and gets you nowhere. I guess we need to decide the difference, and realize what's worth putting the work into. But this is of course coming from the other half of the quadra who is slightly more slacker-ish than your dual's half.
    What I meant with the work part is that usually things that seem too easy and too "happy" have some kind of illusional aspect to them. It's almost like you force yourself not to believe something that's in the back of your mind that might be true... Honestly, I hate this type of talk even though I think it's the truth. Unless I accept it and am conscious of it, I'll be feeding my natural inclination to just isolate myself and not face the world whenever I get disillusioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Socionics has some uses, but it's only a personality theory with a lot of restrictions. I think it's important for people to remember that others are first and foremost personalities, and seperate that from type.

Dunno, random example of many possibles.

Two of the people I work with are ESTj and ESTp. The ESTj has some psychological issues which makes him VERY difficult to work with. Basically, he's a tube, and i'd choose to work with the ESTp any day.

I think socionics sells itself way too highly. It is very useful imo when given the right sense of perspective.

Oh yeah, work - it truly is important. Any 'normal' person works and integrates with society, those who don't just either got lucky or are loosers, regardless of type.
    I agree in that socionics sells itself too high. Too much reliance on it must not be good for you.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree in that socionics sells itself too high. Too much reliance on it must not be good for you.
    Nobody tried to push socionics on me or told me that duality would be the best thing in the world ; socionics didn't try to sell me on anything as far as I'm concerned ; a lot of this is mass self-delusion.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I generally like, enjoy, and find myself to be in situations where I'm with/around a lot of women. It seems natural for me. I could never be a frat boy, surrounded by so much juvenile douchebagery - granted, i have my jokes and 'guy talk', but it's only so much.

Hmm, I guess I'll post it in delta lounge - an article about how the boys are falling behind (bigtime) in terms of academic development...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Nobody tried to push socionics on me or told me that duality would be the best thing in the world ; socionics didn't try to sell me on anything as far as I'm concerned ; a lot of this is mass self-delusion.
    I didn't mean it that way, in that it's forcing you to do anything, it's just a theory. But, there have been articles I've read that lead one to believe that it is more than what I think it is.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't mean it that way, in that it's forcing you to do anything, it's just a theory. But, there have been articles I've read that lead one to believe that it is more than what I think it is.
    Yeah. There's a lot of low quality material and ways of thinking out there . . .