Thread: Peter Pan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Peter Pan

the boy who refused to grow up. type him!

SLE? or maybe Alpha?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IXFp lol

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some sort of EXTp. For some reason (socionics?), I could never quite fully wrap my arms around him. Now that I think about it, in the stories about him I usually am more interested in Wendy or her two brothers, or even Captain Hook, than I am in Peter. Tinkerbell's an odd little thing, too... I do think the stories are fun, though.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Some sort of EXTp. For some reason (socionics?), I could never quite fully wrap my arms around him. Now that I think about it, in the stories about him I usually am more interested in Wendy or her two brothers, or even Captain Hook, than I am in Peter. Tinkerbell's an odd little thing, too... I do think the stories are fun, though.
    Could Wendy be IEI? dual relations if he is, indeed, SLE.
    Capt. Hook: ?
    Tink: SEE
    Mister Barrie (author): ?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking Alpha, most likely ENTp. Can't say that I've read the original work, though.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE for sure. just look at that dopey grin.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xLE makes sense. At first I was thinking Alpha, just because he seems all light-hearted and fun, but if you think about what he says and does, he never really thinks deeply about his actions, and doesn't seem all that interested in abstract thought. He prefers action to contemplation. He goes around having fun, battling Captain Hook, and doing a lot of aggressively playful things. I could see him as a youthful SLE.

[Edit: C-SLE, for those who care.]
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think this is Beta, it's Alpha. I mean childhood values in that, that's the epitome of Alpha right not Beta.

I agree that Wendy is IEI though. Only because my little niece LOVES her and I really think she's my Identical.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just putting out another vote for SLE, at least for the Disney Classic.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I don't think this is Beta, it's Alpha. I mean childhood values in that, that's the epitome of Alpha right not Beta.

I agree that Wendy is IEI though. Only because my little niece LOVES her and I really think she's my Identical.
    I think the story itself has a lot of Alpha overtones, for sure. But seriously, think of what a youthful, "innocent" SLE would be like -- would he not be very much like Peter? Impish, playful, pulling pranks and getting into fights? He's a very physical character, while ILEs are more mental and abstract in their creativity.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    I think the story itself has a lot of Alpha overtones, for sure. But seriously, think of what a youthful, "innocent" SLE would be like -- would he not be very much like Peter? Impish, playful, pulling pranks and getting into fights? He's a very physical character, while ILEs are more mental and abstract in their creativity.
    But look at how he fights - dodging everything, striking back with weak blows that mostly just sting. He never actually hurts Hook, except in the ego, nor does he ever get hit (I have a nagging suspicion he does, but if so, I can't call it to mind right now). Se would be more about tanking, I would think.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    But look at how he fights - dodging everything, striking back with weak blows that mostly just sting. He never actually hurts Hook, except in the ego, nor does he ever get hit (I have a nagging suspicion he does, but if so, I can't call it to mind right now). Se would be more about tanking, I would think.
    On the contrary, I think that shows a very deft use of Se. He has great control over his ability to use force, and he can modulate the degree to which he uses it. An ILE would be clumsier -- either using way too little force, or way too much force, and not having enough control.

If I recall correctly, Peter never really gets angry at Hook -- he views the whole thing as an amusing game. He's having fun with Hook, not trying to kill him.
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hook must be LSI . . . he has a rocking mustache
    I just feel like I've done something to make you think that I care about you, like what you do or say. . . For that I am sorry

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm working on a Peter Pan show at the moment and have been thinking along similar lines of a lot of the people here. I agree SLE most likely, over ILE on the basis that he really is very concrete in his thoughts and actions. Whilst he is juvenile, this does not for me at least place him in the Alpha camp, in fact the dogmatic approach to retaining youthfulness is more beta in my opinion. I struggle to see SEI as his irrational extraversion (again from the version I'm seeing) is perhaps the most striking characteristic. He is high energy, he is impulsive. I've been kind of thinking that Hook (in the version I'm working on at least) seems gamma NT.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE, E7? I haven't read the book.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    IXFp lol
    So, ehm... you type everyone ILE except actual ILEs. Got it.

Wendy on the other hand seems like a fairly blatant caregiver. I think SEI, rather than IEI.

Hook I think is EIE. He seems very flamboyant and quite emotional. The mustache is LSI-seeking
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    infecting u with Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* KeroZen stuffs Aleksei's mouth with pieces of mustache and some super-glue!
    "Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is.
    At all counts, it forms an unconscious snag, thwarting our most well-meant intentions."

C. G. Jung

-----
    Know your body, know your mind, know your limits.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    So, ehm... you type everyone ILE except actual ILEs. Got it.
    lol I don't know why I said IXFp. His character is E7 out the yin-yang, ENTp could easily work.

Creepy-male

When I was watching the Disney film, Peter always struck me as being very cruel. Considering that my IEI flatmate is head-over-heals in love with him, I'd probably go with SLE.

SLEs can be big kids too.