0 Thread(s)

Default True and false claims of socionics

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well according to the IGem project, which is currently exploring Information Metabolism and it's components in micro organisms and how that effects larger component, IM is really very real.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Well according to the IGem project, which is currently exploring Information Metabolism and it's components in micro organisms and how that effects larger component, IM is really very real.
    ... or ...certianly a possibility.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

provide links
    provide data
    provide sources

i don't know anything of what you're talking about. IGem project?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    provide links
    provide data
    provide sources

i don't know anything of what you're talking about. IGem project?
    Yes, dear.

http://parts.mit.edu/igem07/index.ph...EM_competition
    http://2010.igem.org/About
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Socionics is very real and very valuable.
    -

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is very real and very valuable.

...maybe.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I wasn't able to generate much on the spot, but one thing that keeps coming to mind is the idea that socionics is a theory of personality. I would call that a false claim and modify it to say that socionics is, as part of the theory, a theory on cognition, hence the emphasis on 'information metabolism:' a process of how individuals obtain information on different divisions of information, hence information elements (elements or divisions of an all encompassing body called 'information.').

And this is independent of personality but would have a large influence in how one's personality develops and changes due to what information is taken in through the course of one's life, especially in early stages of development or in critical stages of life where one's personality goes through a lot of changes, such as in adolescence.

I think a lot of confusion comes, however, from trying to associate an individual personality too much with a type when a type just describes how they take in and send out information as they process information and thus fall into the trap of pigeon-holing or whatever you want to call it.
    Yes!! I've been harping on this ever since I popped my head back in here... I feel like a lot would change if the forum in general applied this perspective to Socionics, and also reaching a common and shared understanding of the IEs.

I brought it up in the Delta forum, but I'll say it here as well, that IEs shouldn't include personality traits, or adjectives that are subjective to for each person to decide individually. Every IE should communicate the same objective meaning with undebatable terms. I think that would clear up so much, especially with mistypings.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No stereotypes? What a snore-bore!
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Their use of the term "information metabolism" does not seem to relate to the term as used in a socionics sense. Would you say otherwise?
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome.

I also think reaching a a solid and widely accepted understanding of the IMs/IEs is a worthy goal/aspiration. It is in part why I have placed most of my focus (which have been done outside of this forum and still mostly exist as head work in trying to get down to its essence, so to speak) in trying to describe these and grasp these elements in a way which cuts out how they are manifested to what they really are, what it really means to view information through each of these elements and what information is actually taken in based on these elements which I see as being different segments and different attributes of information, detaching, again, from behaviorism, personality, and the like which are merely influenced to a certain extent by these Jungian cognitive elements but are separate from it.
    Completely agree, I started a conversation about this here: An Experiment In Describing Information Elements. I guess I used the wrong approach to get minds going, but I think the idea is still the same and something I'd love to push into the light and get more people involved.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The information being spoken of is genetic information found within DNA and RNA and all that stuff which gives cells information which makes them give you blond hair, green eyes, or whatever, but in itself is a different concept from information metabolism which came as a criticism of Jung's works.

Though while the idea is similar, in a sense, to what we are talking about, it is rooted in the physical construction of organisms versus something such as cognitive mapping which I would say Model A seeks to explain. Though IMs are even more removed from that since it is a human way of dividing all information which we are able to detect based on our cognitive preferences of where our natural awareness lies. Which goes back to my idea that socio-type is a way of saying what aspects of information we are naturally most aware and unaware of. Such as how EIEs are most naturally aware of how external cues alter emotions in others or how external data influences an emotional context. Being naturally aware, they become adept at being able to read and manipulate this emotional context because it is what has been at the fore of their consciousness since their socio-type solidified. And this is true of everyone within the context of their own mapping of IMs.
    Yes, so whlst they have chosen "information metabolism" as a perfectly legitimate term to describe this fundamental gentic information, it does not reference the term as used by socionics and is being used independantly.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add more, say I'm wrong
    you are right.

to add a myth: socionics is a theory that explains everything about relationships.
    It's only about how you interact together, the chemistry, not more.