Thread: sigh I suppose I should check out my type for real

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default *sigh* I suppose I should check out my type for real. . .

I want people on here to try and type me by any means they believe that would help. In addition I think that JWC3 and Stan should avoid this thread because I believe that they are part of the problem of my own typing. One is kind of unsure of my typing and the other is one who thinks that socionics is simply a personality type (what I mean by this is the typing, lets say type A, he gives me makes moderate sense, but none of my relationships line up i.e. I get along great with type A's conflictor or I know two of type A's duals in which both relationships are, what I believe to be, far from duality).

I just feel like at the end of the day, though types are important, socioncs is about intertype relationships. . . So I guess if I'm wrong just let me know and I'll go by strict type descriptions and nothing else.

Anyways. should I:
    1) Answer questions?
    2) Post pictures/videos?
    3) Go buy a jump rope? 'cause I really do like to jump rope.
    4) should I tell you how much better at everything I am then JWC3?
    I just feel like I've done something to make you think that I care about you, like what you do or say. . . For that I am sorry

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

For me, you only need to post pictures, thanks.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vuze View Post
    I want people on here to try and type me by any means they believe that would help. In addition I think that JWC3 and Stan should avoid this thread because I believe that they are part of the problem of my own typing. One is kind of unsure of my typing and the other is one who thinks that socionics is simply a personality type (what I mean by this is the typing, lets say type A, he gives me makes moderate sense, but none of my relationships line up i.e. I get along great with type A's conflictor or I know two of type A's duals in which both relationships are, what I believe to be, far from duality).

I just feel like at the end of the day, though types are important, socioncs is about intertype relationships. . . So I guess if I'm wrong just let me know and I'll go by strict type descriptions and nothing else.

Anyways. should I:
    1) Answer questions?
    2) Post pictures/videos?
    The best way you could try and get people to ascertain your type on this forum is to post a video answering questions that provoke you to focus on IE information and less about your personality, funny enough. A socionics type is guessing at your thought processes, which isn't your personality.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Answer questions. If you post pictures or videos, Maritsa will type you based on that and yell at everyone who disagrees. Also, you should buy a jump rope. Yeah...go buy a jump rope, describe in detail everything that transpires during he activity including your thoughts, interactions, and thoughts on people. We'll type you based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by look.to.the.sky View Post
    A socionics type is guessing at your thought processes, which isn't your personality.
    That's a neat way to put it. I've been considering the difference between enneagram and socionics and have decided that the former is more the way we interact and the latter is more the way we view the world.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    That's a neat way to put it. I've been considering the difference between enneagram and socionics and have decided that the former is more the way we interact and the latter is more the way we view the world.
    I think this distinction can help out a lot. If we all came from this perspective, there would be a lot more clarity in both typing and understanding IEs and functions. It's my focus for however long I stick around here this time

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want this, because you suggested it and it seems like it might be type-related.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type descriptions usually only get you in the ballpark. From type descriptions, I am either IEE or IEI, as there is much in both that fits me, but by IMs, I'm clearly IEI.

Anyway, let me think of some questions. Answer whichever ones you feel like answering and ignore the rest. First of all, do you have a ballpark typing, a quadra you're leaning towards, or a club (NT, ST, SF, NF) you're learning towards?

What's a typical Saturday night for you? What's a typical Monday night?

What careers really interest you? What careers sound absolutely unmitigatedly dreadful to you?

What sorts of things piss you off most in other people?

Maybe talk about some people you know personally that you really like and that you really dislike and how/why?

What sorts of complaints have you heard about yourself? What sorts of things do you not like about yourself/wish you did differently?

Tells us about all the things you do better than JWC3.

All that should get us in the ballpark, and then we can start asking more specific questions to point us towards functions and such.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition I think that JWC3 and Stan should avoid this thread
    This will be my only post I promise.

Anyways. should I:
    1) Answer questions?
    2) Post pictures/videos?
    5) both 3 and 4? At the same time?
    Definitely option 5
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you buy a jump rope can I play with it one day? Can I go with you to buy the jump rope?!
    *insert witty comment here*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Answer questions. If you post pictures or videos, Maritsa will type you based on that and yell at everyone who disagrees. .
    That's about how little you know about people's personality types to say that I yell at people....hummm....WRONG!!!
    INFj's usually don't yell at people and we dislike raising our voices. Have you ever actually heard my voice to insinuate a remark like that? NO!!! Yet again another assumption made against me without a VALID proof.

Do you know that ISFp's like yourself, make excellent BOOKKEEPERS, thanks for keeping a log of the types on line, excellent job...bookkeeper.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boom?

One thing I wanted to add was I really didn't want to get into some of the things that bug me about myself. So deal with it. :-P
    I just feel like I've done something to make you think that I care about you, like what you do or say. . . For that I am sorry

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ep energy, for sure.

entp, estp, enfp or esfp.

I don't know which one yet. It's like you could be any of those 4...

Estp maaaaybe, because I personally like you from that vid and in irl we would probably get along very well. Either that or you're my semi-dual. You said you dislike loud people. I'm very quiet irl.

You said you wanted to be a principal lol that's such an ep job. Your masculine bravado 'haha I kick ass' in a joking way, also estp.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess: SEE. You remind me of my SEE brother. Like, a lot. Especially when you talk about beating people at things. That's almost exactly how my little brother talks about beating people at things, how awesome he is, etc. Also, liking small groups of people is, I've read (and observed) associated with gammas.

There was a bunch of stuff that seemed pretty obviously Se, like the bit about wanting to be a principal, deciding who's at the hypothetical party, and of course the bit about beating JWC3 at everything. The only thing that seemed vaguely not Se was the part about procrastinating, but actually everybody I know in college procrastinates, completely regardless of type, including the SLE I know best, so yeah, that doesn't really matter..

Given that Se valuing seems obvious on the surface, I think it would be helpful to determine if you're Ti-valuing or Fi-valuing. Here's my thoughts:

This may be overly subtle, but the way you reacted when you said "on the same other hand" vaguely made me think Ti-polr. You seemed vaguely ashamed in a way that made me think it was the kind of thing you'd been criticized for (painfully) before. "Not making sense" in exactly the way what you said didn't make sense (because it was self-contradictory) is characteristic of Ti-polrs, I think, when they're just talking and not paying attention, just like Te-polrs tend to make factual errors when just talking and not paying attention (at least I do).

Also, your natural response to the question about people you know personally and what you like about them was definitely Fi over Ti. Ti would be more likely to give a taxonomy: I like person x for reason y. I like person a for reason b. That was honestly the kind of response I was anticipating (because I naturally/subconsciously anticipate Ti). Your response was more Fi; you focused on a bond you have with a few other people. The fact that your natural assumption about the nature of the question/how to respond was Fi over Ti seems to me a pretty good indication of Fi-valuing over Ti-valuing.

You seem to have an awareness of how you're coming across which probably indicates an ethical type over a logical type. The whole "I want to touch someone's life, but that's not the kind of thing I talk about" thing seems SEE.

You don't seem Fe-seeking to me at all, and I think I usually have a vibe for those sorts of things.

This is more of a vague feeling type thing, but I think that you have a certain kind of introversion that SLEs don't normally have, a kind of introversion that's focused on people, relationships, etc. For a second it almost made me consider IEI (also you look vaguely like an IEI I know, but then not really), but then the normal behavior you show is more obvious Se and then sort of the underlying layer when you're thinking about things or analyzing things is more emotional/subjective/whatever. This is mostly drawn from when you were speculating about why you're friends with JWC3 and stanprollyright.

So, yeah. I'm pretty darn settled on SEE. So for a next step, maybe answer whichever ones of these questions you think might help:

Do you have any reasons why you think you might not be Se-ego? Any reasons why you think you might be Ti/Fe valuing rather than Fi/Te valuing?

Any reasons why you think you're not SEE in general?

Do you have any questions about the SEE type, Fi/Te vs. Ti/Fe, or temperaments?

Also, I or someone else can try to think of some Ti/Fe vs. Fi/Te questions if you think that would help.

Random crap:

My beta and gamma friends are obsessed with Chuck (whereas my alpha and delta friends are into Glee and my beta and gamma friends generally are not). My ILI friend is the biggest Chuck fan, but my SLE friend is way into Chuck too. Probably not type related, but shrug. Also, my brother and I tend to have arguments and we avoid each other for around 20 minutes and then we're totally cool again. May be more semi-duality related than type related, though. Also, videos are great for typing. You get so much extra info that you don't get otherwise. (not that text responses don't work or you have to make a video or anything, but I was just noticing how helpful videos are over text for typing).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I probably couldn't stand you for more than 10 minutes (more like seconds) IRL judging by your video.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is also SeFi, but it's very superficial... I don't feel like your questions really revealed too much about your type. There were some areas here and there, which is what I based my guess on. If you could do another video, that would be great, if not, that's fine

There are times when others come to an opinion or any sort of statement and we totally can't understand how they reached that conclusion, and their explanation sounds foreign to you. Do you have any experiences of this, and can you share it and what you thought about it? Try to stick away from superficial disagreements, like someone just having different tastes or just being generally dumb, it's completely about thought processes.

Is there any philosophical school of thought you particularly like, or maybe genre of literature or art period... And if so, what is it about any of those things that attracts you?

I found it interesting your tidbit about how you don't keep people in your life for more than 6 months. Kinda sad actually, hopefully that changes But either way, can you give us more insight on how you are in relationships (both friendship and more serious ones), and what important values you uphold in them?

I'm not sure how far into Socionics you are but might as well attribute a question. What do you find most appealing about Socionics, and how would you use it? What's in it for you? And what issues do you have with it? How far into understanding Socionics do you think you are?

That's all I have for now

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I probably couldn't stand you for more than 10 minutes (more like seconds) IRL judging by your video.
    What would you do to your fellow quadra companion in these 10 short seconds ?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    What would you do to your fellow quadra companion in these 10 short seconds ?
    Vomit in his mouth

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Vomit in his mouth
    No surprise there's so MANY Gammas here. Nah, just joking. What type do you think he is ?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    No surprise there's so MANY Gammas here. Nah, just joking. What type do you think he is ?
    Uhm, I don't know - I think my dislike for his presentation style could have nothing to do with his type, so he might just as well be ESFp...

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we keep to the Socionics type =/= personality rule, or more like, Socionics =/= life, it's perfectly plausible to dislike someone within your quadra, and there's a realistic chance of not liking your dual. You can understand or jive with the way people think, but not appreciate the results, or what they do with their information.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Uhm, I don't know - I think my dislike for his presentation style could have nothing to do with his type, so he might just as well be ESFp...
    Hehe. Yeah, let's just wait 'till he posts some naked pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    My guess: SEE. You remind me of my SEE brother. Like, a lot. Especially when you talk about beating people at things. That's almost exactly how my little brother talks about beating people at things, how awesome he is, etc. Also, liking small groups of people is, I've read (and observed) associated with gammas.
    That is what Stan thinks. Fine. I don't think it matches up very well through relationships. Some of the descriptions are close, but not spot on.

SLE is what I have tended to lean towards. . . For reasons I will def get into when I have a little more time.

Se valuing is possible I think. The "competitive" edge I feel with JWC3 is only with Joe. . . or people like him. It is extremely selective.

On top of that add the fact that at the time of the recording I was briefly "intoxicated" soooo I was kinda crazy haha, but it made stan and I laugh.

SilverChris, awesome questions! will do another video to answer.

In a nutshell . . . SEE - maybe, but don't like the typing very much I suppose. SLE - what I have leaned towards I'd def say Beta seems to make sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you figured out any more about your type since we last talked?
    *insert witty comment here*