Thread: typing this guy I used to know

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default typing this guy I used to know

He's self-described as a simple, hands-on type of guy. He works as an electrician but his dream is to open a motorcycle repair/restoration shop. No college degree but reads a lot. Single-handedly raised his two daughters from the time they were tiny. Tall, thin frame. Free with using emoticons and exclamation marks in writing communicating over facebook. Doesn't pay much attention to details like capitalization and correct spelling. Used to be into kick-boxing. Very open about his failures and successes in life.

Drives a truck. Says he hates large corporate businesses. Seems like he says whatever pops into his head. Takes initiative--doesn't seem reticent or shy. Definitely sensing. Probably irrational. SLI, SEI or SLE?

Oh I just realized, I think he's an asker (vs. declarer). That would make him SLI I guess! Or chance he might be SEE...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea... not Si. More like Se...if he is really Sensing.
    I know quite a big number of intuitive people who are into these sort of hobbies too.
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm, okay! Well I might not know enough about him really to give a lot more information. We may get together this summer though and maybe I can pick up more clues.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would an SLI be likely to say "if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here" type of thing? I supposed it's wrong to ascribe that to be any particular type but it just strikes me as more touchy-feely than an SLI. thoughts?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    would an SLI be likely to say "if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here" type of thing? I supposed it's wrong to ascribe that to be any particular type but it just strikes me as more touchy-feely than an SLI. thoughts?
    SEI would for sure, but I'm not sure I've ever heard and SLI do that.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    SEI would for sure, but I'm not sure I've ever heard and SLI do that.
    yeah, this guy is almost tooooo sweet to be SLI...
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought is , in which case it would be a rare but not unnatural thing for an SLI to say.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like there's some Se with him. Like he moves forward, unafraid or something. He doesn't back off and do that little dance forward, backward, hot cold thing that some SEIs do. Maybe he's SEE.

oh, and would SEEs or SLIs be more likely to enjoy a "hot librarian" look for a woman? heh I'm thinking SEE maybe since their dual is ILI.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I've heard a SLI tell someone "why didn't you call me. I would've been there for you."

So yeah, possible SLI.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    yeah I've heard a SLI tell someone "why didn't you call me. I would've been there for you."

So yeah, possible SLI.
    okay. thanks. good to know.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, and would SEEs or SLIs be more likely to enjoy a "hot librarian" look for a woman?
    I think that's extremely on the "nurture" side (as in, nature vs. nurture).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    I think that's extremely on the "nurture" side (as in, nature vs. nurture).
    probably right! I was just thinking of my male ILI friend who actually IS a librarian, married to SEE wife. haha
    IEI-Fe 4w3