Thread: Type them up By ITR !

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type them up By ITR !

The Idea is to type people (fictional or real) in a video via ITR.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jean-Luc Picard and Q

Conflict ITR

Picard ESI - Q ILE

?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picard always seemed ENTj to me. Q ENTp. quasi identical? The description kind of makes sense. But maybe that's just a Barnum Effect.

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...uasi-identical

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

By IR you may suppose is other human in good or bad IR with you. It's useful as additional data.
    The type itself is better to suppose by impressions about type's traits. IR impressions should be secondary based on this, anyway.

So special theme is not needed. Intuitive impressions from famous people to suppose a type are used often and IR can be taken into account too during this approach.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    Picard always seemed ENTj to me. Q ENTp. quasi identical? The description kind of makes sense. But maybe that's just a Barnum Effect.

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/...uasi-identical
    Interesting ! It seems to me that Picard is kinda like supervised by Q. I don't know if it's because of Q's Genie like nature that Picard always give the impression of not being up to his challenges or because of an IR thing. It is said that succeeding in the usage of the PolR function can feel like a huge Ego boost. Q a priori being an ILE sociotype cariere he always pushes Picard to his limits and each time Picard successfully overcomes his challenges it's like a great accomplishment. It's a weird case that's for sure.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    By IR you may suppose is other human in good or bad IR with you. It's useful as additional data.
    The type itself is better to suppose by impressions about type's traits. IR impressions should be secondary based on this, anyway.

So special theme is not needed. Intuitive impressions from famous people to suppose a type are used often and IR can be taken into account too during this approach.
    Yes, I think it's interesting to have some example of how IR should feel like from the pov of the observer (while trying to be impartial ) just to have a better idea of how those IR can manifest. I though that of all forum members, the idea might interest you.
    Lack is the Muse of all Poets

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by godslave View Post
    I though that of all forum members, the idea might interest you.
    I take into account IR as additional data.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I take into account IR as additional data.
    Yes, I think it's a reasonable way to proceed. It's like using IR as a confirmation/refutation tool so to speak, if something doesn't fit right in IR then maybe one must reconsider the correctness of the initial typing of the subject.

Indeed, Like @Alonzo pointed it out here, people should naturally gravitate around people who resemble them in terms of values and mindsets. People should in theory feel like fish in water among their Quadra mates and each type should feel very good in an environment pertaining to the suggestive function domain. But I digress.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, possible. Q, from what I remember, also put Picard in a position to defend humanity against its barbaric past, seeing humanity’s progress as a threat to other Qs and the rest of the universe. So it’s probably hard not to get annoyed and frustrated that a godlike being is accusing you of things that other people before you did or things you may do, and expecting you to somehow convince and prove otherwise. There dynamic was odd to begin with, but maybe that was a very ILE way of doing things.