Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What don't you like about your duals?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Their utter cluelessness about their sexuality is both rather appealing and sometimes problematic.
    what do you mean?

Their utter cluelessness about people and their reluctance and inability to remove themselves from situations where they can't see that what they are doing is more harmful then good.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-02-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

the good ones are pure awesome. The bad ones make me cringe. Some of the are hokey, scared men. I find myself overall less bothered with female LSEs. Men can be very conservative cavemen, or, the E1 or E6 variety, seem particularly insecure in some form or another, and it permeates through them in an unappealing way.
    That's the new Lost guy. Will you tell him he's ESTj not INFj...thanks

This guy:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...rent-type.html
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you going to do for me?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What are you going to do for me?
    Never mind, I think he may be another type all together, but I have to watch his videos.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's the new Lost guy. Will you tell him he's ESTj not INFj...thanks

This guy:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...rent-type.html

Never mind, I think he may be another type all together, but I have to watch his videos.
    It sure is a good thing I don't listen to you, isn't it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It sure is a good thing I don't listen to you, isn't it.
    LOL You are supposed to choose when you listen to me and not and I am supposed to do the same.
    -

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I am not sure who are my duals. I will just say... I LOVE IEIs!!!
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They are all very ambitious and over-achievers, it is intimidating to look at myself because I wonder if I'm good enough and I often feel embarrased that I am not. What do I have to offer to a bunch of very driven individuals?
    -

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been in a video recording mood tonight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are all very ambitious and over-achievers, it is intimidating to look at myself because I wonder if I'm good enough and I often feel embarrased that I am not. What do I have to offer to a bunch of very driven individuals?
    This is actually something I like about my dual, and I definitely relate to your sentiments.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, duality is an interesting thing. To be honest l.t.t.s, I've been trying to understand those sons-of-bitches for years and I haven't gotten very far... (I'm kidding about the sob part). It's more like knowing about their behavior, and how they respond to things, as opposed to knowing why they do it. Also, you're going for the gender that is well known for not making much sense relationship-wise, as well as not being in touch with their feely side. Not that you didn't know about this already.

I was just reading Smilex' take on the duality, and it makes sense to me and rings true. Maybe the key is to embrace the friction and go around it, rather than have control over it and try to remove it. If you want something that doesn't have relationship friction, you might be better off being with a feeler, but then you might get bored... I think that for delta NFs it's hard to just leave something be that's causing friction and find a way to go around it. In your case it's SLI, and those guys really know how to adapt to things, so they might not want to change the dynamic even if it has friction and whatnot, they just mold to it. We NFs just love something to death... literally. There might be a seed in the lemon (for the sake of this analogy, seeds are bad) but if you try to remove it, you might be squeezing the fruit dry. You can still make lemonade with the seeds, and they will drop to the bottom of the glass. (I'm hoping that this last part can mean something). Why bother with getting the seeds out? Maybe this is what's the problem with the dualizing.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    In your case it's SLI, and those guys really know how to adapt to things, so they might not want to change the dynamic even if it has friction and whatnot, they just mold to it.
    In that case, I'd think you just change it and let them adapt...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    In that case, I'd think you just change it and let them adapt...
    Yeah, that makes sense, but for some reason it doesn't seem to happen in practice .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just reading Smilex' take on the duality, and it makes sense to me and rings true. Maybe the key is to embrace the friction and go around it, rather than have control over it and try to remove it. If you want something that doesn't have relationship friction, you might be better off being with a feeler, but then you might get bored... I think that for delta NFs it's hard to just leave something be that's causing frictionand find a way to go around it. In your case it's SLI, and those guys really know how to adapt to things, so they might not want to change the dynamic even if it has friction and whatnot, they just mold to it. We NFs just love something to death... literally. There might be a seed in the lemon (for the sake of this analogy, seeds are bad) but if you try to remove it, you might be squeezing the fruit dry. You can still make lemonade with the seeds, and they will drop to the bottom of the glass. (I'm hoping that this last part can mean something). Why bother with getting the seeds out? Maybe this is what's the problem with the dualizing.
    I tend to feel that if a relationship can't survive an uncomfortable situation between parties involved, then is it really even worth maintaining? Even with duality, I don't think it will be all fairy tales and this, this does not disappoint me...
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the thing about it is that the bad things don't seem like a big deal. Like my husband has weak Fe. He never knows the right thing to say, and often puts his foot in his mouth. I talked in one thread about how he thinks it's funny and endearing to call me "woman" or "wench" instead of "honey". It isn't funny or endearing, and he seems surprised every time when I don't think it's funny. I know people for whom this would be a dealbreaker thing, but to me it just isn't a big deal. I don't like it, but I don't really care. I just say "don't call me wench" for the bazillionth time. Also, he sometimes says things at the absolute wrong time. Earlier today I was on the phone with my sister, and my husband came into the room singing "penis penis penis penis" very loudly. And all the windows in the house are open, so my sister and our neighbors all got to hear this musical ode to his penis. It's like he has no idea of "inappropriate". Oh yeah, and he just doesn't get things like thank you notes and etiquette, and that can be annoying sometimes when I have to remind him AGAIN why we have to bring a gift for the hostess when we're invited somewhere. "BUT IT COSTS MONEY." Oh yeah, he's cheap too.

So he isn't perfect, but his imperfections aren't a big deal to me. But if he criticized me in public, even just very occasionally, I'd flip out and I would be miserable with him. But maybe someone else would find that to be no big deal.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    I tend to feel that if a relationship can't survive an uncomfortable situation between parties involved, then is it really even worth maintaining? Even with duality, I don't think it will be all fairy tales and this, this does not disappoint me...
    True, but there's always that element of "what if."

EDIT: Btw, I have to stop posting when I'm sleepy. That last post of mine was embarrassing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Dualized duals are so much more considerate, conscientious, and kind then the ones who are not.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dualized duals are so much more considerate, conscientious, and kind then the ones who are not.
    On the contrary, they feel more free to do as they please.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of wondering if that means that she figures my husband and I, after a dozen years of marriage and two kids, aren't "dualized duals". Not sure. Is there a "shrug" emoticon?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Smartass!
    Yes, they are freer to do as they would like because they know that the other is their other half and nothing will intimidate them as long as they are honest to one another.

I want to type you as ILE.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-12-2010 at 01:41 AM.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smartass!
    Yes, they are freer to do as they would like because they know that the other is their other half and nothing will intimidate them as long as they are honest to one another.

I want to type you as ILE.
    But I'm guessing you won't go back on your IxTp typing?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what? I dont think Maritsa has really experienced duality yet.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if you could surround her with Ti mirrors

But I wonder if it wouldn't work, because she just disregards it so.

PS:
    10,000 points to myself for an inverted Don Quixote reference

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a fair amount of on this site anyhow.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahah yeah. Although, I always wonder if the "utility gain" from doing as you please is higher than the "utility loss" from suffering unintended consequences. (supposing duality zeroes both of them)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ahah yeah. Although, I always wonder if the "utility gain" from doing as you please is higher than the "utility loss" from suffering unintended consequences. (supposing duality zeroes both of them)
    ?

I'm tempted to throw a bunch of math terms at you, but I'll just ask - would you please clarify? Utility gain compared with what, utility loss compared with what?

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

I'm tempted to throw a bunch of math terms at you, but I'll just ask - would you please clarify? Utility gain compared with what, utility loss compared with what?
    If I correctly understood your sentences, you were implying that a non-dualized type would feel more free to do as he-she pleases? Perhaps you actually meant the opposite and I just misunderstood?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS:
    10,000 points to myself for an inverted Don Quixote reference
    Yeah, you're going to have to explain that .

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    If I correctly understood your sentences, you were implying that a non-dualized type would feel more free to do as he-she pleases? Perhaps you actually meant the opposite and I just misunderstood?
    Naw, you understood me correctly, I'm just not sure what point you're trying to make.

There are four "levels of utility" relevant here:

1. Utility of doing as you please without your dual
    2. Utility of doing what you must without your dual
    3. Utility of doing as you please with your dual
    4. Utility of doing what you must with your dual

So if we assume that 3)=4) and 2)>1), the most obvious thing to assume is that 1)<2)<3), but you were wondering if it might actually be 1)<3)<2)?

(Though actually, I would expect that 3)>4).)

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would expect that, and I must say I feel different when having a dual. But a friend of mine has a dual wife, and he's still the same as he used to be. Only he seems to stick on her like gum. He never goes out anymore.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, you're going to have to explain that .
    I think it was meant to put me down.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was meant to put me down.
    I don't think it was intended for you... anyhow, that doesn't explain the Don Quixote reference.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don Quixote was surrounded by shiny/reflective 'mirrors'/shields to ultimately make him see the reality of what he was doing, which also sort of ended his mis/adventures and delusions, sort of.

However, DQ is one of the representatives of ILE

So for me to suggest surrounding maritsa with stuffs in order to to make her realize things, it was somewhat ironic.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think it was intended for you... anyhow, that doesn't explain the Don Quixote reference.
    I told you it was about me; I can read his motives a million miles away, and I don't even have to be in the same room with him to do it.
    -

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I told you it was about me; I can read his motives a million miles away, and I don't even have to be in the same room with him to do it.
    Yes, it was about you; but not an attempt to put you down, rather a joke that was in line with the existing attitude toward you, and not said to you but rather said to the rest of us.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@maritsas post:

Yeah, you can also interpret "her" as being a feminine pronoun.

Also, if you were a million miles away, I doubt you'd be in the same room as me.

You still don't know what my motives were ; it wasn't a put down. You tend to interpret anything that disagrees with you as a put down, which is false and rather self serving.

my post should be interpreted as: no matter how many times you point out maritsa's logical contradictions, or particularly, how pointing out her typing of someone today is different from last week -- this all has no impact on her at all. Unfortunately.

@ Bril - yeah, that's it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@maritsas post:
    Also, if you were a million miles away, I doubt you'd be in the same room as me.
    I understand things perfectly fine, I am not MInde and I don't need understanding. I have that down. You still haven't figured out what I need anyway.

You haven't pointed out any logical contradictions to me; I have made a very good effort of pointing out consistancies.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@maritsas post:
    That's what I need from you: NOT UNDERSTANDING - GOT IT?

Extraverted logic......external dynamics of objects: focus on activity of objects (location, time, speed, etc.), what we refer to as objective parameters, leading to patterns that we call algorithms and methods. Objective parameters are like variables in an equation that form an active system occupied with variables whose values are real people and objects.

What variable's should I consider, honey, when considering how to do this honey? (Fx) Basic mathematics. You should consider how long it takes (time); "it will take you two hours at the most". The plan, the method, the construct parameters.

Questions like: How does this work? Where should we get started? When is the best time to work at this or that?

These questions are NOT what Minde asks of you.

ALL SHE ASKS FOR IS WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY...THAT'S NOT Te
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-12-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll answer "How does this work?"

You constantly bringing Minde up is not helping anything, it's rather annoying. I don't really care of your opinion about her, honestly, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped bringing her into places like this.

It's like you're taking her hostage if I say something that rubs you the wrong way : /

You certainly aren't earning my respect.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll answer "How does this work?"

You constantly bringing Minde up is not helping anything, it's rather annoying. I don't really care of your opinion about her, honestly, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped bringing her into places like this.

It's like you're taking her hostage if I say something that rubs you the wrong way : /

You certainly aren't earning my respect.
    I don't care if I annoy you. I don't need your respect; you can keep that to yourself. I am not going to work to earn you anything. You can recognize that value in me or you won't. As for how things are looking, you seem to be really dense.

I am very comfortable around Ti (aka Diane and Rod); they like pointing out logical consistancies and that's very informative.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-13-2010 at 12:46 AM.
    -