Thread: IEI-SLE Duality Metaphors (INFp and ESTp)

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEI-SLE Duality Metaphors (INFp and ESTp)

Here's my new metaphor for IEI-SLE duality:

I personally prefer to use the metaphor of a child holding a balloon while running. IEIs are the balloon, and we provide enjoyment and entertainment for the SLE. In return, we get the feel the sensation of the wind rushing over us without the unpleasantness of trying to move ourselves--and it is very difficult for a balloon to move itself. IEIs are always floating anyway (Ni), and SLEs are always running anyway (Se), so nobody has to fight. It's natural. Plus, from our vantage point way up high, the IEI balloon can tell the SLE what obstacles are coming up without the SLE having to stop running--and I suppose it's difficult to stop running when you've built up that much momentum. And to us, we're just describing what we see, and we're excited because we're seeing so many new things. If we float up too high, and we're in danger of flying away, the SLE can bring us back down. If the SLE is about to run into a rock, we can warn her.

Also, I realize that I make IEIs look bad in this description, but I think it's because in duality, each person is convinced that the other got the short end of the stick. When I think of more duality metaphors, I'll post them.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

This description established SLEs as AHDH-tards for good in my mind. I think i like ILEs better (i read about a theory that says N with N and S with S is better as they have...the same outlook on life?).
    The truth is that i never got to interact with SLEs that much irl and maybe i am confusing them with ESFp/js .In case i typed them correctly though, i don't think a person like that would put an adequate amount of effort in trying to figure me out.maybe i'm not worth it either
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 04-08-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaknet View Post
    This description established SLEs as AHDH-tards for good in my mind. I think i like LIEs better (i read about a theory that says N with N and S with S is better as they have...the same outlook on life?).
    The truth is that i never got to interact with SLEs that much irl and maybe i am confusing them with ESFp/js .In case i typed them correctly though, i don't think a person like that would put an adequate amount of effort in trying to figure me out.maybe i'm not worth it either
    Don't take it as a serious description. It's a metaphor meant to convey something of the subjective nature of an interaction, not a serious description of either type. And I could be completely wrong. SLEs are obviously not constantly "running"; that's just a metaphor to emphasize the idea that SLEs are generally striving towards some goal. But this doesn't mean that they're hyper all of the place. Quite the opposite. SLEs are rather focused and methodical. They do tend to be genial and fun and interested in activity, doing stuff, etc., not quite... hyper (especially the Ti-subs). Hyper, in fact, is quite the wrong word for the average SLE. They seem to me generally very self-controlled, even if they're "out of control" they were aware of it beforehand and are sort of actively choosing to let loose.

Anyway, SLEs are definitely not "ADHD-tards." That's the wrong impression of them, I think.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/fl.html what a nice bunch of laddies they picked!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely don't agree with those typings. But many of those people are perfectly unobjectionable. Russel Crowe, Madonna, Marlon Brando, to name a few I remember. Brando in particular is clearly not any more hyperactive than anybody else.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This description established SLEs as AHDH-tards for good in my mind. I think i like LIEs better (i read about a theory that says N with N and S with S is better as they have...the same outlook on life?).
    The theory you read about is most like Keirsey Temperament theory, which has nothing to do with socionics. If you're confusing SLEs with SEEs, that's understandable since they share the same base function, but confusing them with ESEs is less understandable.

Sensory-logical extravert (Zhukov, The Commander) what a nice bunch of laddies they picked!
    This one looks like a female omen: