TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi I'm SEI, I'm new

Hi, I'm new.

I've been following this forum for a while and wanted to join. I'll write something about myself.

2 years ago I dicovered MBTI
    1 year ago I discovered Socionics
    Then I discovered Gulenko's subtypes

My self typing is SEI, I think my subtype is N (Ti, Fi) in the DCNH system.

My ultimate goal is to forget about psychology. Or... I dont know. As some people on this forum has stated in the past: socionics can fuck up your mind. I see my interest in personality typology as a temporary substitute for a healthy identity (I'm just referring to myself here, really).

I sometimes get the feeling that socionics is something that I shouldnt know. That certain things are best to remain hidden.

But that doesnt mean that it isnt amazing. I mean, I could never imagine that this kind of information about people and relationships actually existed! Now things that happened in the past, feelings I've had in relationships or when meeting people suddenly make sense.

I usually try to type people I meet. In a kind of impressionistic way, making a visual synthesis of all people I've typed previously and comparing it. I dont think of this explicitly when I'm doing it but that's how I would describe the process from a distance. But of course other things also: facts, career, opinions, behaviour etc. It can take a long time for me to type someone accurately. But - sometimes it is fast.

I sometimes feel like the only thing I'm REALLY good at is being nice and pleasant.

People can see me as nice, humble, interesting, reliable and smart. I'm quite good at giving a good impression.

But I also struggle to get attention. I can be invisible. Then I try to force connection with someone, but it doesnt work.

I can relate to what Maritsa33 wrote in one post in connection with S/N: "There are types who already have philosophy in their minds and types who need to take philosophy classes to get philosophy."

I'm one of those who need to take philosophy classes, I've done that. (that was a long time ago). At some point when I started typing myself in MBTI I wanted to see myself as intuitive. But I'm not, not in socionics either.

If I'm interested in something I want to gather as much facts about it as possible before I feel that I can understand it. But I can also be quite impressionistic about things.

My best friend since childhood is my activator (LII), I also have some dual friends (ILE), but they are not as close, but very easy to be with. I have one close SEI friend. I have never experienced duality in a romantic relationship, but I've been on a couple of dates whith a dual and it was amazing. It felt like... nothing! Lately I've been in a relationship with an EII (benefactor).

I hope this introduction didnt get too long. I have to end this in a SEI manner with some cool music because all these words are starting to annoy me very much (and this music is really worth listening to). Here it is and nice to meet you! And dont be too harsh, pleeeeeeease!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome to the16types, supervisee. You seem to already have a good idea of what's going on.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    My ultimate goal is to forget about psychology.
    haha yes.. I know what you mean!

Anyway, hi! :c)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    haha yes.. I know what you mean!

Anyway, hi! :c)
    Hi! Feels good someone shares my experience.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi! Feels good someone shares my experience.
    Would you please provide a VI photo I have a very strong feeling of ENTp and for the last couple of days I have been having these strong feelings; please post a picture...thank you...I am asking this because I can not view videos on my work computer.

Your emphasis on new things already tips the hat for me.
    Your dual seeking is SEI and you may think that you are that type, but I highly doubt that. Us N's like to think of ourselves as S and S types also do the same; it's a matter of serve or suit in type; and I as an EII seek my dual ESTj...and being around one for a long time also made me almost one with her....a story for another time. Dual pairs, if they have not been exposed to duality, have this odd tendency to corpulate certain patterns of their dual for themselves to overcome certain psychological need for their dual and we do this when we are not in a dual relationship.

Have you read Einstein's Dreams? What are you reading now? Do you like hands on creative things like arts and crafts?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-19-2010 at 09:50 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Would you please provide a VI photo I have a very strong feeling of ENTp and for the last couple of days I have been having these strong feelings; please post a picture...thank you...I am asking this because I can not view videos on my work computer.

Your emphasis on new things already tips the hat for me.
    Hi Maritsa. I will give you pictures later, maybe. I can understand that you get the feeling of ENTp based on my post. But I can assure you, I am not ENTp. My post doesnt reflect my true self. I am not myself on the internet. I took time writing it. You know, revising and having time to think. These words I write are just a tiny bit of who I am.

I have spent many years in an N environment, and also many N friends. I express a lot of wanna-be-N, I know that.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read Einstein's Dreams? What are you reading now? Do you like hands on creative things like arts and crafts?
    I have read Einsteins Dreams (or half of it). I did not like it. Boring. I dont like reading intellectual stuff. I like hands on tings, makes me feel alive. But most of all I like having fun, although my introverted life style prevents me from getting it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Maritsa. I will give you pictures later, maybe. I can understand that you get the feeling of ENTp based on my post. But I can assure you, I am not ENTp. My post doesnt reflect my true self. I am not myself on the internet. I took time writing it. You know, revising and having time to think. These words I write are just a tiny bit of who I am.

I have spent many years in an N environment, and also many N friends. I express a lot of wanna-be-N, I know that.
    Hello there,
    I am sorry, dear, I don't know the situations you were in and without having known the people with whom you interacted with, I can't say that you were really in an N environment, but one thing's for sure, us N's are nothing like what you or others have perceived us to be previously. Most of us are extremely kind and generous. If you VI, then I would know for sure as to what type you really are and be able to take it from there.
    What is your normal self like?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have read Einsteins Dreams (or half of it). I did not like it. Boring. I dont like reading intellectual stuff. I like hands on tings, makes me feel alive. But most of all I like having fun, although my introverted life style prevents me from getting it.
    Good, I'm glad you found it borring, just one more proof that you not SEI. What sort of books then do you like to read?

You are 20 steps closer now to ENTp my dear with this statement about yourself that you just made
    "People can see me as nice, humble, interesting, reliable and smart. I'm quite good at giving a good impression.

But I also struggle to get attention. I can be invisible. Then I try to force connection with someone, but it doesnt work."

That philosophy statement that I made ("I can relate to what Maritsa33 wrote in one post in connection with S/N: "There are types who already have philosophy in their minds and types who need to take philosophy classes to get philosophy."'), was in thought of ENTp...I was hopeing that if Rasputin was ENTp he would relate and say that he related, but he ended up being ESTj after all and now here you are.
    -

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey dude welcome. I advise you not to listen to anything maritsa33 says, taking a brief look at her history will tell you she knows nothing about socionics. the methodology she uses have nothing to do with what the other users are discussing. shes abit of a joke around these parts. the best course of action would be to place her on ignore.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    hey dude welcome. I advise you not to listen to anything maritsa33 says, taking a brief look at her history will tell you she knows nothing about socionics. the methodology she uses have nothing to do with what the other users are discussing. shes abit of a joke around these parts. the best course of action would be to place her on ignore.
    For goodness sake, I don't do this to any of the members here, by asking them to ignor; why don't you learn to add then to delete or criticize, that's very harsh behavior and completely rude.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, I'm glad you found it borring, just one more proof that you not SEI. What sort of books then do you like to read?
    Do you mean that SEI:s should like Einsteins dreams because it satisfies their DS?

I like books which help me with discovering the world of intuition. I mean help me in a gentle way. If I have to make all the intuitive work myself I get drained.

I remember Einsteins dreams was very intuitive, but it was just too much. And overly romantic.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you mean that SEI:s should like Einsteins dreams because it satisfies their DS?

I like books which help me with discovering the world of intuition. I mean help me in a gentle way. If I have to make all the intuitive work myself I get drained.

I remember Einsteins dreams was very intuitive, but it was just too much. And overly romantic.
    No, I loved Einstein's dream because of my model A structure

Anything that encourages information in either or is something I am fascinated with, but if you have

in your primary block, books of that nature get borring...because they are already in your mind, you produce them and the ideas that are in relation with them so they get quite borring and not interesting at all, just like I have a very hard time reading Doestevsky also EII.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Thank you Pirate. But I will listen to everyone.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, just be careful.

wouldnt want you getting misled by her BULLSHITONICS
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you Pirate. But I will listen to everyone.
    You try to be fair...there is no us or them...another interesting indication of ENTp.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You try to be fair...there is no us or them...another interesting indication of ENTp.
    Actually, I sometimes wish I was. They are so cool.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Actually, I sometimes wish I was. They are so cool.
    Does the sense of justice appeal to you?
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god stfu maritsa, being fair has nothing to do with entp. all it means is an indication of non-aristocratic behavior.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does the sense of justice appeal to you?
    I dont know. Sometimes... I guess? I dont think very much about justice. I mostly live in the world of my own feelings and cant see any more than that. I get very upset when I see that individuals are treated badly (like when people spit on beggers), but I cant really operate with words like justice. I'd like to think that justice appeals to me, but I dont know if that's how it really is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I dont know. Sometimes... I guess? I dont think very much about justice. I mostly live in the world of my own feelings and cant see any more than that. I get very upset when I see that individuals are treated badly (like when people spit on beggers), but I cant really operate with words like justice. I'd like to think that justice appeals to me, but I dont know if that's how it really is.
    You live in your own feelings and what makes you happy?
    Do you get intimidated easily?

You see my dear, if you were ENFp you would use "love" a lot; you instead use "feel" which tips off T type to me.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-19-2010 at 11:06 PM.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You live in your own feelings and what makes you happy?
    Do you get intimidated easily?
    What makes me happy? Maybe when I can forget about myself. To lose myself in activity. To meet new people I can connect to. Or romantic adventures. It doesnt happen very often. On one hand new experiences make me happy and alive, on the other hand I am scared of it. I would say that I get intimidated quite easily. I am very sensitive to critizism (like when you're questioning my type). I think I get intimidated way too easily.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes me happy? Maybe when I can forget about myself. To lose myself in activity. To meet new people I can connect to. Or romantic adventures. It doesnt happen very often. On one hand new experiences make me happy and alive, on the other hand I am scared of it. I would say that I get intimidated quite easily. I am very sensitive to critizism (like when you're questioning my type). I think I get intimidated way too easily.
    100% me. You are SEI. If you want to talk about this type of stuff, we can talk. (:
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What happends to you when you get intimidated? Do you walk away or stand your ground and argue?
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    100% me. You are SEI. If you want to talk about this type of stuff, we can talk. (:
    I think I'm SEI too. Talk to you later.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think I'm SEI too. Talk to you later.
    Yes you are ISFp.
    -

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way, welcome.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happends to you when you get intimidated? Do you walk away or stand your ground and argue?
    I really dont know? I like to think that I am the kind of person who doesnt walk away right away, but rather handles the situation smoothly, but still handles it. But in real life I guess it frequently happens that I walk away.

Actually, now I recall that I often get intimidated AFTER the situation has passed. It's like I dont understand what's happening as it passes. Then afterwards, when I'm alone, it hits me that I have been intimidated. Then I think of what I would have said and bla bla bla.

Or: if it is personal I will not stay and argue, it feels horrible, worse than death. If it is not personal I can stay and argue.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Us N's like to think of ourselves as S and S types also do the same; it's a matter of serve or suit in type; and I as an EII seek my dual ESTj...and being around one for a long time also made me almost one with her....a story for another time. Dual pairs, if they have not been exposed to duality, have this odd tendency to corpulate certain patterns of their dual for themselves to overcome certain psychological need for their dual and we do this when we are not in a dual relationship.
    I can relate to this very much but the other way around. I thought of myself as an "N", before I discovered MBTI and Socionics.

Discovering that I was S was actually a shock for me 2 years back.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can relate to this very much but the other way around. I thought of myself as an "N", before I discovered MBTI and Socionics.

Discovering that I was S was actually a shock for me 2 years back.
    You seem to be a very healthy SEI and I am so happy that you know yourself so well...many people who I VI as SEI can't even understand why they are that type; it confuses me, but it seems that because you've done a lot of reading that you know yourself very well, I am very happy to hear that.
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all of you who replied.

Now what about the music in my introduction?

You like it? No?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are probably ISFp. One thing I definately pick up from you is enneatype 4w5.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Last edited by pinkcanary; 06-10-2017 at 01:57 AM.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as an EII seek my dual ESTj...and being around one for a long time also made me almost one with her....a story for another time.
    bowchickawowwow
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Hey Nowisthetime. In my opinion you're most probably an Ne type, I assume INFj (but you resemble a bit ENTp, too). I relate a lot to some things you say, eg. I'm good at writing things because I can think about them, but thinking on the spot is not my strong point, realizing actually after the event what happened and what I should have said. But the forums offer advantage for such people, right? It's not important your live performance but if you are capable in the end.

And btw, in the street I'm the same way, for example if someone would attack me suddenly, there a the most chances that I'd be surprised and not prepared, except the case that I'd keep in mind to anticipate such thing. So I can react in two totally opposite ways - either absolutely no reaction, or totally effective.
    Like I said previously (in other threads), I like to be with my Dual, my SEI gf or any SEI, everywhere I go with them they're totally present and notice a lot of things I miss, especially remember places and how to get there - things which I use to forget quickly. This is not necessarily that they're more spontaneous, but they're actually present, which ILEs are not.

One more thing which makes me dismiss SEI (ISFp) and ILE (ENTp) is the fact that you came here to "learn something" and more than this, something "different", where these two types, especially ILE don't have a prepared attitude about this. This comes from the descriptions and dichotomy explanations, but it also can be observed in real-life. Well in the end, a good description actually describes people from real-life.
    ---

I type Einstein as a Ni (ILI) type, so imo either Ne/Si-valuing type you are - SEI, ILE or EII - it is tiresome to digest the information coming out of his writings, even if it's about merely trivial matters. Maybe it's useful to tell you that the vast majority type Einstein as ILE/ENTp but for me it simply doesn't make sense, except superficially.
    This person is the most ideal of ISFp's around, without a doubt and you're challenging his type? Sure, at first, I hoped that he was ENTp, but after the intimidation question, I was set that he was not. Please type Einstein back to ENTp, there's a lot of proof to that matter. All types can be interested in Socionics for various reasons, if this were not true, then Filatova (an INFj herself), would not have been able to make such an interesing catalog, don't you think?
    -

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I relate a lot to some things you say, eg. I'm good at writing things because I can think about them, but thinking on the spot is not my strong point, realizing actually after the event what happened and what I should have said. But the forums offer advantage for such people, right? It's not important your live performance but if you are capable in the end.
    I also agree with what you wrote. I speak very poorly, but I feel that when I write, I fully explain what I am thinking.

And btw, in the street I'm the same way, for example if someone would attack me suddenly, there a the most chances that I'd be surprised and not prepared, except the case that I'd keep in mind to anticipate such thing
    yes, if i were attacked randomly, I have nothing to say. I say nothing. Yesterday, someone tried to insult me, say that I have no friends. I ignored them, because I knew that they were wrong.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I also agree with what you wrote. I speak very poorly, but I feel that when I write, I fully explain what I am thinking.
    This is what I mean that S types are sometimes really great writers, that this is not necessarily related with type..just because someone is a great writer, that doesn't make them INFj.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Cool, well you know me and you relate to a lot of things and this actually makes me sad that you don't accept that these are common Ne traits.
    A previous thing was the fascination about the differences and similarities between us and other kinds of people, namely in a previous thread - women. I hope my answer assured you that I completely understood what you meant and I experienced that as well.
    ---

@Maritsa: meet me at the "anything goes" section, I would discuss anything else with you, but we currently have nothing to talk about Socionics.
    Hell, I will then be INFj for you Pinnochio, if it pleases the court. I love Ne. kk
    D-SEI 9w1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast