Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VI fo Keba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V.I. fo Keba

Removed by User Request
    Last edited by DeleteMePLOX; 01-23-2008 at 10:41 AM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may surprise people, but I think you are SLE and your husband is IEI. I looked at all the pics and your online journal, and two threads about your type and his type.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will give you a very detailed argument in a few hours after I do some work here. Then you can tell me if things click together.

(an hour later)
    OK, I'm back. Let me get started on a reply...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To begin with, here's what I get from the pictures:

You have a calm, confident gaze and clearly show you are looking at and are aware of whoever is taking your picture, as opposed to your husband, who is barely paying attention or is "in himself."

Both of you are rarely serious. You like to always be in some "imaginary game" with a very wide range of spontaneous emotional expression. Your husband is more of a mental fantasizer, whereas you like to turn fantasy into reality (dress up and play; experience fantasy in action rather than just sit around and think about it).

Your "games" often include faked violence, threats, strong language, and scariness, and are often about physically capturing or overpowering your prey.

You have quite a masculine edge and are more "manly" than many men. You can stand your ground and are not easily physically intimidated. J-chan by comparison is rather amorphous; you can pretty much do with him what you want. In fact, he probably gets a kick out of your faked threats and demonstrations of decisiveness. He seems to lack decisiveness. If he is IEI, then he is pretty much willing (and grateful) to follow other people who know what they want and have the will to make it happen.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other observations from what you've written.

Considering the physically demeaning things you experienced in childhood, your ability to speak about it calmly is remarkable. If you were a -type, for example, telling others about these things would make you feel helpless and childlike. But you are able to speak of them matter-of-factly from the point of view of . People can easily tell others things that happened to them through their leading function. For example, I like to tell people about the major (and sometimes painful) ideological changes I've gone through in life and in no way feel vulnerable by doing so. If you were, for example, an EII, your experience would have probably crushed you for life, and speaking about it would be extremely difficult -- like being on the verge of psychological collapse.

Many of the things you've written about yourself fit perfectly with SLE:
    ISFp's are amicable. I am kinda but not always. J-chan claims I'm not at all amicable ;; I'm optimistic and in good spirits fairly often so that's somewhat accurate. I usually just appear that way anyways. I do however impose my will on others. I'm not equally warm, caring and smiling thou, that's not me at all. I do strive to satisfy my own needs without anothers help so that is true. I have an appreciation for nature and the arts (obviously ) I don't try to infringe on the comforts of others, so that's another ISFp trait I do have (in some cases anyways, my selfishness can win me over at times). I'm not exactly a peacemaker thou, I don't like seeing people picked on but the thing is I have no problem actually getting out there and fighting someone. I have no problem saying "no" or "piss off you shriveled monkey scrotum!"
    This is all very typical. SLE's very often like using strong language and other cues that reflect just how ready they are to do what they claim (mobilization = ).

About emotionality. I see a wide range of expressiveness in your photos, but I don't really see any "warmth" or softness. SLE's are often quite choleric and can raise their voices easily, slam their fist down on the table and start complaining loudly, say things in a threatening way...
    But interestingly, all of this is "for fun," on the border between being serious and joking. They can then burst into laughter when they see that people got scared.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your artistic work and talents are a major part of your life and have "strengthened your ." This makes you different from an SLE who works in some bureaucratic structure, for example.

SLE's are usually drawn to hierarchical structures. I find it intriguing that you are in the army and are a comics illustrator.

Back to you and J-chan. It sounds like you are the one with "excess energy," while he is an energy-saver. He just doesn't feel like doing things without necessity.

You said somewhere that he lights up among other people and can be very charming and emotionally sensitive to his surroundings. This environment makes it easier for you to communicate with others informally, since on your own you tend to come across as crass and insensitive.

In informal settings, everybody seems to like J-chan! You, on the other hand, tend to attract dislike unless he's around or there are others like him who can tell that you're really not that bad at all .

Mmm. A really good example of this is when my first sergeant was grilling me. He told me I was a failure and a loser and that I would be his slave. He was trying his hardest to make me cry but I would simply stare directly into his eyes and smile. This infuriated him and amused me greatly
    This is strong - the complete opposite of what EII's are like.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being SLE makes one easily attached to "objects of consumption," and talking about consumption (of food, money, the opposite sex, etc.) is easy and natural. "Consumption talk" is necessarily coarse and impersonal.

SLE's are very impulsive. But impulsiveness makes for interesting "games" and lots of fun.
    J-chan wrote:
    Kelly is not outwardly amicable, nor does she always appear optimistic and in a good spirit. Most people ingnore her and go so far as to dislike even before knowing her. She doesn't impose her will on others, though hiding her real feelings, especially anger she does not do well, you can tell when she is annoyed. It radiates like heat from her body. She's not always equally warm, caring, or smiling, she is careful and protective of herself. She does not like to ask and moreover to demand favors, and doesn't necessarily strive to satisfy her needs through her own efforts, she typically puts those needs after the needs of others. She is always quick to lend a helping hand.
    SLE's show negative emotions more transparently than perhaps any other type. You can read it on their face and in their poses.

At the same time, they are collectivists and like to help the needy and helpless (basically, those with weak ). They like to help the valiant underdog and see him win. They like to see those around them develop their willpower, decisiveness, and the opportunities that lie in front of their faces.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing. SLE tend to be "brutal realists." They like to speak of the world in all its beauty and ugliness without backing down and giving in to people's moralistic ideas about the way things "ought" to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take this too seriously...but...

first thing that came to my mind from pics was Se. Second thing that came to my mind was more or less F instead of T. Why? I'm not sure...Well I'm no expert on this but you seem very flirty and stuff.

I haven't read enough of your posts to make up my mind though. ESTp and ESFp are good guesses. But to say something original...have you thought about ISFj? Then there is always the ENFj option for goofy people who have problems finding their type

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Objection

Edited for inanity.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Objection

Can you stare people down without flinching and make them feel physically uncomfortable?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I can keep my temper no matter what the other party does.
    EDIT
    I am not actually sure, I have never felt the need to humiliate others.
    martin_g_karlsson

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    No, but I can keep my temper no matter what the other party does.
    Okay, that makes sense, but here I'm talking about standing up to physically threatening situations without flinching, and being able to physically threaten others. The EII's I know are absolutely incapable of doing this. Keeping your temper might be keeping a hold on yourself, but I doubt any EII's can extend this physical control to other people and external situations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited...
    martin_g_karlsson

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In this case she wasn't, but I would infer that she could do so easily if she stands up well to such treatment. SLE's tend to drop little threatening hints all over the place. It's part of their sense of humor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still see ISFp.

You make very good points, Rick, but I'm not sure any of them focus on the "big picture" of how Keba actually functions in real life.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the military example:
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Anyway what kind of army do you really have in the states? That is just not the way to make good soldiers. I guess it kind of explains the mess you have in Iraq...
    One of the goals of basic training is to break down ego-loyal thought/emotional patterns and then build up group loyalty. If the soldier uses independent thought or thinks mostly of himself, then that could create problems in the field. Thus, each soldier gets trained to obey a command irregardless of if the soldier thinks it's an appropriate command. In fact, there are many attempts to keep the soldier from even judging a command...the focus is on acting on each command.

Regarding the staring back thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Mmm. A really good example of this is when my first sergeant was grilling me. He told me I was a failure and a loser and that I would be his slave. He was trying his hardest to make me cry but I would simply stare directly into his eyes and smile. This infuriated him and amused me greatly.
    This could be interpreted as an aggression thing.
    It can be interpreted as an internal sense of peace.
    It can also be interpreted as standing firm with and perhaps even asserting one's sense of self.
    It can also be interpreted as a way of directly informing the other person that they have no affect on you and are really just making themselves look like a jackass.

Regarding ISFp possibility and this instance.....
    My boyfriend is ISFp. He was in the military. He enjoyed the military. He joined the military because he believes strongly in supporting this country and it's government, as well as it was something to do after high school. Because he identified with military and it's ...purposes...he did fairly well in it while he was in it.
    I can easily see an ESTp getting into the military. But not for the purposes of supporting country and government. But more because it's a stepping stone towards some other goal. ESTps who succeed in the military do so because they utilize it to meet their own ends. If the military is not meeting the means to the end, then an ESTp will likely attempt to buck the system, or get out. If Chibi had artistic interests, then it's not likely that the military was providing a means to an end. Also, due to Chibi's history of abuse, the military would have been a means of continuing similar abuse issues. She left it, it seems willingly. (yeah Chibi!!!)

Regarding ESTp and artistic pursuits:
    I once dated an ESTp who was into writing, poetry, lyric writing, and some music playing. (He did fitness training to support the artistic pursuits.) His works were definitely creative. I myself though, couldn't quite grasp his style. It always seemed a bit...um...off...to me.
    Chibi's artism strikes me the same way. I love how creative she is. I love looking at and reading about her characters. I love reading her posts. But I admit that most of the time...I personally just don't get it. (of course...the fact that I don't get it is one of the reasons why I love reading it all...I'm trying to get it! The other reason I love reading it is cuz I admire so much those who are willing, capable, and succeed at taking those risks.)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look to me like an ISFp (but I haven´t read the thread).
    "Wenn der Deutsche in einen Satz taucht, dann hat man ihn die längste Zeit gesehen, bis er auf der anderen Seite des Ozeans wieder auftaucht mit seinem Verb im Mund." - Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still say ISFP as well.

And her art isn't somesort of subconcious function. It's (+).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But doesn't she just have this huge..."Joy" quality to her?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THAT WAS NOT MY ANCHOR. It was just a passing thought to help guide you toward other considerations.

You people...are masters in the art of assumption.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Clearance level: 10 (9 is maximum) Fermi's Avatar
    TIM
    entp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you on a pirate ship on the first pic? And what are you eating?
    is like a wet kiss on the cheek and a warm hug by a cute smiling girl.
    is the confetti shots on your birthday party with all your friends.
    is a way to completely rip apart the face of god and stare directly at the naked universe.
    is like over here and then over there and they are all connected and I am on amphetamine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Well I'm no expert on this but you seem very flirty and stuff.
    Eww...I'm anything but I cringe at the thought of being sexually premiscuous I think I may just be a mega prude though because of my mom's bad influence.
    Oh. I thought you do it on purpose And I didn't know it was a bad thing. Sorry about mentioning it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy Crap! I don't know what it is you are eating, but I want one! *expects totally vulgure answer*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Holy Crap! I don't know what it is you are eating, but I want one!
    Some kind of weird ice cream?? Is that ice cream inside or just cream?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like a really big, oddly shaped twinky
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, to make this easier for people who are looking at this thread:

ChibiKeba's thread about herself:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2062
    Most 'normal' and informative picture of ChibiKeba:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../myspace23.jpg
    Other decent pictures:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...r=asc&start=15
    More about her and her husband's types:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2855
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3377
    Online journal:
    http://chibikeba.deviantart.com/journal/

(If ChibiKeba wants I'll erase this list later or whatever).

Too much emphasis has been given here to the "staring down" thing. It's just a single incident.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Its hard to type people on here cuz I dont know them in real life. But what do you think of the various ESTp decsriptions, Keba?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think ChibiKeba could be ISFp, but continue to keep up the discussion about ESTp. Though I will say that she doesn't seem to be as shy as I am and seems to have more freedom to be herself than I do. I find that I can only truly be myself around people I feel extremely comfortable around.

As for what Rick said about Chibi and her games about faked violence, etc. I’m an ISFp and I do similar things all the time. Usually around guys, and guys who can take it. I’ll often joke and tell them that I will “end them” or that if they do something I don’t want them to do I threaten them and say, “there may be death.” I think it’s hilarious because they’re not expecting it from me.

Also, when I was younger people would pick on my younger brother or friends and I’d do things in retaliation. I pushed over a couple of neighbor kids, and shoved a kid at school because he was hurting my brother. I can’t stand that kind of thing…it takes some doing to really get me going and upset/angry. A quick way to do that is hurt people I love/care about. I’m a completely different person under those circumstances. Which I guess could correlate to standing up for the underdog. I really can’t stand it when people with power take advantage of the, so called, little people.

But what I described in the paragraph above isn’t something I would call my everyday character, it’s just something that happens to me in rare circumstances.

I would also talk about things from my past in a sort of “matter of fact” way. Normally I wouldn’t get emotional about it unless it was something I was experiencing right then or something that corresponds to something difficult I’m going through at the time. Then I would only be telling this to a VERY close and trusted friend. I rarely ever display vulnerability around people, only in extreme circumstances. I hate people to see me as weak. I also can’t stand to put my problems on other people and burden them with my issues.

I certainly wouldn’t rule out ISFp.
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IXTj most likely then ...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like my ISTj father, but my father will never ever do those faces for photos, he looks more serious. Though the description matches, even the barking orders without thinking about other people's feelings, without realizing it, and then being hurt that he has hurt their feelings.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast