Thread: See who can work out my type!

No Longer a Tadpole... Flat Footed Frog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default See who can work out my type!

Alright, im not very good at writing things about myself, but ill give it a go and see what responses i get. If you have any questions or i leave something out, dont hesitate to ask!

I am 19 years old studying Psychology at university. i enjoy art, listening to music, going for walks in my spare time, also haning out with close friends. I have only a few close friends, as i find i do not need any more. Probably 3 or 4 max at a time. These friends each provide a different type of interaction. When i am in a group of introverts, depending on who, i am usually bored if no one takes intitiative to talk or make interesting coversation or fun so i am often the one who starts it off (if that makes sense). If i am in a group of people i do not know, i am usually very quiet, or if i am dealing with someone i feel is above me. If i am in a group of people i know well, i am often myself, and a bit noisier and more outgoing, often leading the fun or helping to create a playful atmosphere. People may like me and want to know me better, but i will not let them in and tell them much about myself unless they happen to be in this inner circle or they have earnt my trust. I am very mistrusting of other people, even though i do not appear to be. People often view me as naive, childish and easy to take advantage of. Although in my head, i know exactly what they are thinking or doing, and constantly watching their actions analysing them although my behaviour or friendliness towards them will nto change, but i will keep it all in the back of my mind. I am hardly naive even though i may appear to be.

hmm...wat else...i very much live by the motto do unto others as you would have them unto you.

I have a very naughty sense of humour, and am often laughing to myself about things. I enjoy playing tricks on people or playfully teasing them. I have a quick, dark, sometimes sarcastic wit with those i am close to, but it is not till you are close that you will really get to see it.

I care a lot about people, and when someone is hurt, i feel physical pain, as such i can not watch gorey movies. I am not a fan of horrors or action movies so much because of this. Although if they have a good story line, and are more psychological rather than killing based i do enjoy them. A good example of this is Secret Window with Johnny Depp. i enjoy this kind of thriller. My favourite type of movie though is probably a romantic comedy, or even a comedy, but i find a lot of comedies a bit vulgar. My favourite actors are Heath Ledger, Johnny Depp, Reese Witherspoon, Drew Barrymore, Owen Wilson umm...i think thats the main ones...i dont really know if they help or not, but i thought intertype relations or somethign to give you the kind of idea of who i like.

Umm....this is all i can really think of at the moment, any questions just ask, and if i think of anything else relevant ill add it to the thread. Thanks anyone for replying, id love to hear what you all think!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These seem pretty sure: IxFx
    I think most likely as far as one can tell at this moment is: INFJ

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if you are male or female...

If male: probably INFj
    If female: maybe INTj

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ISFp
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-19-2010 at 08:57 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII or SEI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    EII or SEI.
    We are very trusting...this person says doesn't trust easily.
    SEI don't analyze people either, do they? But, they will have clicks of friends, but usually associate with a lot of people.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    We are very trusting...this person says doesn't trust easily.
    This depends more on nurture than nature...

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta NF. And no, EIIs are not always trusting. They can think people are up to something, get the Ne paranoia going about what people could be doing.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I had to guess I'd say ESI, though I don't know many ESIs to compare you to.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say that FFF's self-description was much about like/dislike (even as far as being explicit about it in the last paragraph) and attraction/repulsion. I'd also say that FFF has a strong sense of attraction and repulsion in the way (she) handles (her) life. So I'm going with -leading here.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey
    thanks for everyone who has tried typing.
    i wasnt sure wat to really write about myself, hence why i tried wat i like/dislike, and over explained things. the trusting thing is not a big deal, its more a part of me that ppl do not see. And in summary means more people have to earn my trust, i am constantly watching people and am very skilled at reading their motives, feelings and thoughts.
    I am female btw lol!!
    I am more feminine than some girls, but at the same time may come across less feeling around others.
    Currently in Cambodia doing volunteer work also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol no dont need any photos mum. thanks for the offer. and yes i thought the avatar was cute.

btw everyone my enneagram type is 9. But i was close with both 5 and 2 on the tests i have done. but yea, 9 was the strongest!

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Footed Frog View Post

hmm...wat else...i very much live by the motto do unto others as you would have them unto you.
    Is this a motto you actually have and try to follow, or is it just a something that describes your actions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this a motto you actually have and try to follow, or is it just a something that describes your actions?
    well both as it is my motto i follow as much as possible, thereby reflects in my actions!

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you have an idea what type you might be?

you seem stereotypical INFJ.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would also consider ISFj
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

majority of the times ive taken the test i have come out INFj, but havent been strong on either J/P or E/I. Which i think could accoutn to my seeming extravertedness occasionally, but it does wear me out.

What reasons for ISFj, if you dont mind me asking?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

majority of the times ive taken the test i have come out INFj
    Oke I know enough. My final typing of you is INFJ and I'm very confident.

I don't see any contradictions, you describe a stereotypical INFJ in your opening post, next to that you've been tested that, also the general vybe I get from your opening post doesn't contradict INFJ, actually rather confirms it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

majority of the times ive taken the test i have come out INFj, but havent been strong on either J/P or E/I. Which i think could accoutn to my seeming extravertedness occasionally, but it does wear me out.

What reasons for ISFj, if you dont mind me asking?
    The first thing I noticed was that your replies seemed stereotypically sensorish. You also seem interested in people, and your comment on friendship preferences seemed more serious than merry. Sarcasm is often a Gamma trait, and you seem like an introvert.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One reason why you are not INFj is this..."I enjoy playing tricks on people or playfully teasing them."

We don't enjoy this type of behavior for various reasons. It downright annoys me to see a person "play tricks" on someone, I think it's disrespectful of possibly encountered emotions (what if the person get offended, what if the person will not tollerate it emotionally, what if the person has emotional hang ups about themselves and the trick will further agrivate the situation, what if the person is intollerant of trick playing, what if the person is so serious that the trick will set them off screaming-this last point may be more related to how my dual would possibly react), we analyze things too much to proceed with such action....so we refrain from such "fun". We enjoy sexually teasing our mate; my sister-ESFj will tease someone by flirting, touching, licking her lips etc...I usually don't do this to anyone except for my mate.

This doesn't apply to only INFj's...

"I care a lot about people, and when someone is hurt, i feel physical pain, as such i can not watch gorey movies."

Do you offer advise to people? What sort of advise would it be?
    Do you enjoy looking at the patterns, color and textures of fabricks, paintings pictures, and clothing?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-22-2010 at 07:43 PM.
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't you Hannah(sp?) from Socionics.com? I think you could be an IEE, from both your self-description and videos, although I wouldn't rule out EII
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey marie84

Aren't you Hannah(sp?) from Socionics.com? I think you could be an IEE, from both your self-description and videos, although I wouldn't rule out EII
    yes i am hannah or blonde coffee from socionics.com

and uve picked me perfectly...i am tossing up between INFj(EII) and ENFp(IEE). Sorry, i do not believe ISFj fits me, even under the descriptions given.

It downright annoys me to see a person "play tricks" on someone, I think it's disrespectful of possibly encountered emotions
    from everything i have read INFj's are known for playing tricks on people sorry Maritsa. I mean i only do it with those im close to and know can take it, i will never do it to someone who is not in my comfort circle. And usually it just involves sharp-witted bantering back and forth, never offensive or anything so i dont know where u got that from. Maybe my use of the word teasing was misunderstood...but its 'playful' teasing!

From INFj tribes, as far as i could tell these are INFj's: [quote]I try not to use my humor with people that aren't familiar with me, because it's either disturbingly macabre, bitingly sarcastic, or just the opposite extreme of very goofy to the point of almost being childlike. QUOTE]
    I can be sarcastic but try not to be since people can take it personally and far more serious than I intended it to be (and there are some people who I would never treat with sarcasm because I would be too concerned about their feelings while others are just asking for it)
    Mine can be very childlike, too. Like I bought some of those foam bugs in gelatin capsules from the dollar section at target ... you know, yuo drop them in water & they grow...& took them to my friend's house to have mojitos on the deck. I'm thinking it's hilarious to drop them in my drink & watch a bug emerge but he just didn't get it.
    This last one about bugs and putting them in a drink, sounds like something i'd jokingly do with a close friend to surprise them. But only ever with or to a close friend, and never to someone i knew couldnt take it.

Do you offer advise to people? What sort of advise would it be?
    yes i am the main one close friends to go to for advice as i am a good listener. The advice changes depending ont he situation so hard to say really. but it is usually advice they arrive on their own but need to verbalise it first and just need it validated. Even though i am in Cambodia and my friends back in Australia, they still talk to me about any problems they are having. Not people back home...

Do you enjoy looking at the patterns, color and textures of fabricks, paintings pictures, and clothing?
    i do only because of my artistic side, and usually only attracted by vibrant bright colours, as faint ones i dont notice very much. Its like taste, has to be a strong taste or else i dont register it, sometimes i eat more of something waiting for a sensation that does not come (that is where i think the S's eat more than N's theory is flawed...N's may eat more as they do not get the full sensation S's do, and they keep eating wiating for it but it never comes). So yes i do, but not for aesthetic reasons, more for looking at originality, vibrancy, personality.

Hope this answers some questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This site was quite interesting for those that are interested in how relationships work. My Mum found it earlier today (Suzzy) and i found it interesting. Hope you dont mind me sharing it Suzzy...I definitely fitted the Infantile category haha...the others were just big no's. So that brings my type down to ILE, LII, EII or IEE.

In summary, Infantiles basically are the weird personality who do not know how to deal with affection or compliments from a loved one. Have a weird sense of humour. They bring to a relationship a look at various possibilities and alternatives to life. So imagination, random-fun etc. Which is definitely what i bring.

My boyfriend from the descriptions i believe is a caregiver. So i bring the fun and imagination to the relationship, he grounds me back to reality and takes care of me in things i do not necessarily need help in, but it is how he shows affection.

Those interested heres the link. I think it can really rule down ur type. Wat are other people's types according to this information? And has anyone read it before?

Romance styles - Wikisocion

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem very obviously to be Delta NF to me. Martisa is very confused about Socionics and is wrong about her type, and types other people based on whether they are like her. I would disregard her input.

I am also infantile and my husband is SLI, so a caregiver.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems Maritsa is being ostracized by her own quadra.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    Seems Maritsa is being ostracized by her own quadra.
    She's being ostracized by the quadra she thinks she's a part of but isn't. And that isn't even why she's being ostracized. It's because she's trying to redefine EII as "Like Martisa" and Delta as "People Martisa Likes".
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Frog, if you already think you're a Delta NF, why didn't you say so so we could discuss between the two? Self-typings are more reliable than online-typings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    She's being ostracized by the quadra she thinks she's a part of but isn't. And that isn't even why she's being ostracized. It's because she's trying to redefine EII as "Like Martisa" and Delta as "People Martisa Likes".
    Amen to that.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

from everything i have read INFj's are known for playing tricks on people sorry Maritsa. I mean i only do it with those im close to and know can take it, i will never do it to someone who is not in my comfort circle. And usually it just involves sharp-witted bantering back and forth, never offensive or anything so i dont know where u got that from. Maybe my use of the word teasing was misunderstood...but its 'playful' teasing!
    That is one irrational and twisted idea of what you think INFj is
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey marie84

yes i am hannah or blonde coffee from socionics.com

and uve picked me perfectly...i am tossing up between INFj(EII) and ENFp(IEE). Sorry, i do not believe ISFj fits me, even under the descriptions given.
    ah okay, nice to see you here : )

I agree with what Mariella said and that I would doubt you as any type of Se valuer
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Frog, if you already think you're a Delta NF, why didn't you say so so we could discuss between the two? Self-typings are more reliable than online-typings.

Amen to that.
    I already told you that nothing in the ways that you write, that you talk about yourself and others, reflects that of ESTj...absolutely nothing. Not relatively, but absolutely.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    I take back my guess that Maritsa is ESFj possibly... she never ever apologizes for upsetting anyone, and that is more Beta ENFj/ISTj than Alpha, imo... (not that Betas can't apologize, but some unhealthy ones I've known either didn't want to, or couldn't, or could do it only rarely).
    easy, look at my VI and you will see INFj....no guesses there.
    -

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frog, probably ENFp.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are either ENFp or ESFp or ISFp. I see bits on INFj, but as a whole i dont believe you fit it. good luck finding your true type FFF
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahcoles View Post
    ESFp
    I might be stereotyping here, but all the ESFP's that have posted on this forum have at times started threads like this:

HeY WhAzZuP EvErYbOdY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's not the energetic, wildness and crazyness vybe that I get from frogfoot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    I might be stereotyping here, but all the ESFP's that have posted on this forum have at times started threads like this:

HeY WhAzZuP EvErYbOdY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's not the energetic, wildness and crazyness vybe that I get from frogfoot.
    yeah i would say thats my third pick for her.
    mostly i think ISFp then ENFp.. then ESFp but a lot less likely.
    p.s. lol at the title.
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Director Abbie
    sorry i didnt want to say cos i wanted to get an idea of what people get from my description to see whether these two are correct. Its what i type as majority of the time, but thought doesnt hurt to check and didnt want to impact people's feedback. Cos as you can see, i have got other types Such as ISFp and ISFj back. I do not think these two are likely though due to how intuitiive i feel i am and how mcuh i enjoy intellectual conversations and theorising.

and frog foot.....now that just hurts....lol, im getting all sorts of nicknames here...frog foot, FFF, flat foot, flat frog...the list goes on

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

and frog foot.....now that just hurts....lol, im getting all sorts of nicknames here...frog foot, FFF, flat foot, flat frog...the list goes on
    Welcome to the club. That's what you get for having a username more than two syllables long.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari