View Poll Results: What does your mood primarily effect?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • My choice of activity.

5 16.13%
  • My behavior to people.

2 6.45%
  • All of the above.

24 77.42%
  • None of the above.

0 0%

Thread: The Effect of Moods

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The Effect of Moods

Personally, I realized that the mood I'm in effects what I do, but not what I think. Is this the way it is with everyone, or it it type-related?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

bump

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mood affects everything. I am one with my mood.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mood affects what I do, what I think, but not what I feel.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe there's a positive correlation between my mood and arrogance.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes... feeling good and feeling like input from others is completely irrelevant.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I see the tendency. There is some sort of general avoidance to answer you, but actually you let people the impression that you rather think loud than dialogue .
    I didn't imply that I was in a good mood all of the time.

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Personally, I realized that the mood I'm in effects what I do, but not what I think. Is this the way it is with everyone, or it it type-related?
    I am like this as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mood effects everything in my life. Even big decisions. I changed my major to something completely different because I "felt" like it. So yeah I'm impulsive. Main reason I think I'm EP.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Wow; looks like mood is a big deal to most people. Divided, what type are you?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposed INTp. I think it's right.

For information purposes, the reason why I chose what I did in the poll is that I think it has something to do with not being good at dealing with strong moods in others. And I don't really understand why anyone would want to deal with any strong moods from me, nor does it feel natural to express my moods to people. So I utilize and serve my moods by changing my activity, whereas some people utilize and serve their moods through expression with other people, as well as activity. I think that's the key difference. Some prefer to express their moods with others and some would rather remain quite neutral. The reasons I do not know; although I can see it possibly having more to do with Fe than anything else if we confine our speculations to the socionics psychological functions.

edit: I predict ILI, LIE, LSE, and SLI to mostly fall into the activity only category.
    Last edited by DividedsGhost; 03-23-2010 at 03:58 PM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Divided View Post
    I predict ILI, LIE, LSE, and SLI to mostly fall into the activity only category.
    So you suspect it's -related. That would make sense.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    So you suspect it's -related. That would make sense.
    Yeah, basically. And having a strong and conscious Te function lends itself to having a weak and conscious Fe function. Or in other words, any behavior change is a result of the goal of Te task-completion efficiency and won't be at all personal. Whereas if Fe was weak and unconscious then it would most likely appear as a cause and effect scenario where taking action is more personal and less about efficiency.

And feel free to disagree with me on this though because I'm kind of justifying my intuition on this.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    How the heck can your mood not effect what you think?
    I suppose I should have been more clear. Does your mood affect your opinions?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 03-27-2010 at 11:51 AM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my mood mostly affects how much I will feel like talking with people/approach them. That's about it.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    LSE

long shot second: ILE

WHAT ABOUT ME LOLZ
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've come to the conclusion that moods influence everything. Those who honestly say that they're not easily influenced by their moods; well, their moods are simply not wild enough.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've noticed that with Fi ego types, they are effected by other people's moods, their own mood effects how they feel and think, whereas Fe ego types have moods but that they don't effect how they feel or think. This may have to do with the empathetic nature of Fi.

When Fi sees that someone else is upset, it causes them to be or get upset.
    When Fe sees that someone is upset, they may try to talk to the person to cheer them up, but the other person's mood will not effect their own, as in, they will not walk away with this lamented feeling about "oh, that's so sad that Susan feels this or that and I wish I could help somehow."

With Fi types being in a depressive atmosphere makes them feel depressed just for being in it.
    With Fe types, you can be in a depressive atmosphere but somehow shelter yourselves from being depressed or let down by the general mood.

I noticed my SEE friend telling me how upset she was at her sister's picture. Her sister took a funky picture, wearing a skirt and inappropriately revealing her crouch/underwear; that just stood against her ideals and morals and she was voicing it out passionately to me and it made me look at my Fi in that situation; although I would not have been as upset as she was because I view things from the possibilities angle (possibly, she got caught in the moment and did not realize it), she looked right past and didn't even care about the possibility and just ranted off at the inappropriateness of her manners.

Interesting how my moods shifted across our conversation in directions.

This is one reason why I belive that Allie has Fe in her ego block.

The real question is, from outside behavior, how do you observe which it is?
    1. Ask the person.
    2. I've noticed that in myself, I will continue talking about the situation that has had a deep effect on me, sometimes quite passionately.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I can say for sure is that in my observations, comparing SEI with EII for example, SEI is a mood mirror, while EII is very stable. Apparently Fi types are moved by things which match some matrices of theirs - their emotional agenda don't change.
    SEI is irrational and dynamic, EII rational and static. I think that while varying energy levels may be connected with rationality/irrationality, stable/varying moods are more of a static/dynamic thing - at least seems to work with people I know. (Note: of course dynamic means Fe in ego, no matter how bad, so it could simply be related to conscious rather than valued IEs, and the degree of external influence is another matter.)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah sure . Show me an SEI who can refuse and I put it on display. Jeez, you're off, Maritsa!

I mean peoples' moods are contagious to them, not everything, of course, for example the motivation for long-term great achievements. But that doesn't require empathy, I suppose, does it?

No, not acting or rather acting to appear "cool".
    They make their moods contageous to others...other way around...lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request