LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another Gulanzon?

Him: "You can't read your own mind? Or is it English that's lacking?"
    Me: "The first one."

This guy claims to identify with every type, every quadra, every temperament, and every side of every dichotomy. (I wonder if he'd say that about null/nonnull?) I'm of the opinion that he's ego, but of course he won't say yea or nay on that. Unlike Gulanzon, he doesn't find loopholes in my statements - he just sticks to both sides of every question.

This is an Internet friend that I've never met in person, but have had a lot of fun with, hence my belief that he's ego. While I'd love to have you actually type him, he's reluctant to get involved with this forum, so my immediate question is - what would the above indicate?

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    ENTp or ESFj!
    Suddenly I wish I'd put this in "What's my type?".

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-male

There can be only one Gulanzon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Him: "You can't read your own mind? Or is it English that's lacking?"
    Me: "The first one."

This guy claims to identify with every type, every quadra, every temperament, and every side of every dichotomy. (I wonder if he'd say that about null/nonnull?) I'm of the opinion that he's ego, but of course he won't say yea or nay on that. Unlike Gulanzon, he doesn't find loopholes in my statements - he just sticks to both sides of every question.

This is an Internet friend that I've never met in person, but have had a lot of fun with, hence my belief that he's ego. While I'd love to have you actually type him, he's reluctant to get involved with this forum, so my immediate question is - what would the above indicate?
    I remember reading in Rick's comments about user dbmmama, that being half-impossible to pin down to any solid conclusions about one's personality (and not just type) is indicative of -leading (or -suggestive.)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    I remember reading in Rick's comments about user dbmmama, that being half-impossible to pin down to any solid conclusions about one's personality (and not just type) is indicative of -leading (or -suggestive.)
    Hmm... he stated that he liked being pinned down, although he seemed to resist it. This seems to support it being related to his suggestive function, or at least his superid.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Hmm... he stated that he liked being pinned down, although he seemed to resist it. This seems to support it being related to his suggestive function, or at least his superid.
    Yeah, I'd say so too.

I have a question, though. I've noticed a pattern shown by certain forum members (namely Gully and aixelsyd, although there may be others...I'd probably put myself in the past into this category) where, when a type for them is determined, go through periods of holding tenaciously to this type and using it in virtually every Socionics-related thread to make points or whatever, even more than most others do on average. Their approach, then, to Socionics is quite personal and involves relaying information about themselves (and they are great at talking about and analyzing themselves) almost to an extreme degree (if this forum didn't encourage that behavior.) Yet they still, almost unexpectedly, will quickly cast off the type and go into another period of confusion, and the cycle begins again. I'm not sure exactly what's behind this behavior, whether an identity crisis or just a susceptibility to define themselves according to their interactions with others and being sensitive to changes there (as -egos are apparently apt to do; in contrast, I've heard LIIs say things like, "I know my type" or "I've always known who I am".) Does this guy do anything like that? And what do you think of this?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    Yeah, I'd say so too.

I have a question, though. I've noticed a pattern shown by certain forum members (namely Gully and aixelsyd, although there may be others...I'd probably put myself in the past into this category) where, when a type for them is determined, go through periods of holding tenaciously to this type and using it in virtually every Socionics-related thread to make points or whatever, even more than most others do on average. Their approach, then, to Socionics is quite personal and involves relaying information about themselves (and they are great at talking about and analyzing themselves) almost to an extreme degree (if this forum didn't encourage that behavior.) Yet they still, almost unexpectedly, will quickly cast off the type and go into another period of confusion, and the cycle begins again. I'm not sure exactly what's behind this behavior, whether an identity crisis or just a susceptibility to define themselves according to their interactions with others and being sensitive to changes there (as -egos are apparently apt to do; in contrast, I've heard LIIs say things like, "I know my type" or "I've always known who I am".) Does this guy do anything like that? And what do you think of this?
    I've done that sort of behavior in my head, but I don't think that I've ever expressed conclusions to others based on me being anything but LII (though I have announced a few times that I was something other than LII - ILE three times or so, ILI once).

This guy, though, has never gotten as far as picking a personality type (or anything similar), to my knowledge.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There can be only one Gulanzon.
    I hope this means there is going to be bloodshed.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that self-typings are the greatest certainty available in socionics, it would make sense for Ti-weak types (those with the least confidence in forming stable convictions) to be the most difficult to type. It isn't really them that are difficult to type, but it's the sheer number of mixed signals they broadcast out of their inner confusion that makes every typing seem contradictory.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I hope this means there is going to be bloodshed.
    *kneels* If you grant me your favour, my lord.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*kneels* If you grant me your favour, my lord.
    Joe Kucan says: "You have the favor of Nod, my child. Go and slay mine enemies in service to our grand ideals, that the cities of our empire may arise from the crevices of the earth and feast on the riches of this world... for an eternity!" *knights Gulanzon*