Thread: Examples of Si subtype ISTps

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of Si subtype ISTps

Inspired by Rubicon's http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...1-si-seis.html thread.

Matt Groening

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Cyclops

How can he be ISTp? he doesn't have a moustache

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Maybe he shaved it off?
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-male

ISTjs are the ones with the moustaches.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Dick Van Dyke?

There's a slight change of him being ISFp, but I'd lean delta.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    Dick Van Dyke is his own entity.

Basically he's a DVD(Loco-E)...
    Hey I love Dick Van Dyke :<

I've been considering Jeff Foxworthy as Si-ISTp too, but I have no real way of backing that up.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you fucking blind?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    ISTjs are the ones with the moustaches.
    That was the joke.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    Hey I love Dick Van Dyke :<

I've been considering Jeff Foxworthy as Si-ISTp too, but I have no real way of backing that up.
    ISTps are so undesirable sometimes. Hah. Can't say it's completely my fault, my type leans toward the Beta side. Blame Aushra.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    ISTps are so undesirable sometimes. Hah. Can't say it's completely my fault, my type leans toward the Beta side. Blame Aushra.
    That's BS...ISTp's are smart, fun, funny, very good looking, tallented actors and actresses, emotionally live and vivid, usually have one of the best muscular built bodies around...
    With a combination of the brains and looks, no wonder why they get soooo much attention.

Dick Van Dyke is SLI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't find you very desirable either, dick.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I don't find you very desirable either, dick.
    I don't care much for dick either.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    That's BS...ISTp's are smart, fun, funny, very good looking, tallented actors and actresses, emotionally live and vivid, usually have one of the best muscular built bodies around...
    With a combination of the brains and looks, no wonder why they get soooo much attention.
    What about the dumb, boring, ugly and untalented actors and actresses ISTp's? Or the ISTp's who don't show much emotions and are skinny or fat?

You have such a naive impression of what socionics personality theory describes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What about the dumb, boring, ugly and untalented actors and actresses ISTp's? Or the ISTp's who don't show much emotions and are skinny or fat?

You have such a naive impression of what socionics personality theory describes.
    Then you never know what kind of lives people have or had.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Creepy-Cyclops

Edit: Sigh, socionics doesn't explain IQ, or being born with an attractive face, among the other things, it just tries to explain a preference for processing information.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Edit: Sigh, socionics doesn't explain IQ, or being born with an attractive face, among the other things, it just tries to explain a preference for processing information.
    I know that, but when the preference comes with certain physiological features, what can you do?
    I don't think I am the best looking person; my LSE cousin is by far better looking then I am.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

I know that, but when the preference comes with certain physiological features, what can you do?
    I don't think I am the best looking person; my LSE cousin is by far better looking then I am.
    Well you said:

Quote Originally Posted by maritsa
    With a combination of the brains and looks, no wonder why they get soooo much attention
    And then you say you already know that:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops
    So on one hand you are saying ISTp's are smart and attractive, and then you are also saying that you know ISTp's can be low IQ and ugly.

You make no sense, and then take pop shots like:

Quote Originally Posted by maritsa
    Even although you are agreeing that knowing people that we are bound to come across low IQ (dumb) and ugly featured ISTp's.

Not forgetting the fact that ISTp's are Fe PoLR so it's indeed highly unusual to come across one that's "emotionally live and vivid".

So I don't even know what you are trying to do or say, but what you do is senselessly argue and make big false proclamations.

Another example: You've already told me I know jack about socionics, then illustrated it with an example of something I never said.

Don't you think, on the basis of this, that you are better off being ignored?

Personally, I'd like to know why you are doing the sort of things i've highlighted, it would help me understand you (cause i'm curious) and it might help determine what your type is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well you said:

And then you say you already know that:

So on one hand you are saying ISTp's are smart and attractive, and then you are also saying that you know ISTp's can be low IQ and ugly.

You make no sense, and then take pop shots like:

Even although you are agreeing that knowing people that we are bound to come across low IQ (dumb) and ugly featured ISTp's.

Not forgetting the fact that ISTp's are Fe PoLR so it's indeed highly unusual to come across one that's "emotionally live and vivid".

So I don't even know what you are trying to do or say, but what you do is senselessly argue and make big false proclamations.

Another example: You've already told me I know jack about socionics, then illustrated it with an example of something I never said.

Don't you think, on the basis of this, that you are better off being ignored?

Personally, I'd like to know why you are doing the sort of things i've highlighted, it would help me understand you (cause i'm curious) and it might help determine what your type is.
    What? I never said they are low IQ and ugly, I wouldn't call any individual those things. Fe has nothing to do with emotions, being excited, live or vivid, or correct expression of in SLI...
    You don't know socionics because you don't know the use of functions in an individual; ISTp have Fe as polr because they can not fully use this function, so they say things to bring people up to display emotions in incorrect use of emotional or phrase like manner...ignoring them, calling them names, pushing them away, pulling people near...they don't trust other's emotions...really, you have no clue...

This function reflects person's own emotions, his/her emotional, highly personal and passionate reaction to what is going on around. Types with this dominant functions are eloquent, often smiling, artistic, charming (but somewhat “fussy” and “too artistic”), can speak and persuade others, but they perceive situations too emotionally, too personally, and sometimes they “sink” in their own emotions, cannot calm down for long time.

Unlike Fe dominent they don't have full control and understand how to give an appropriate reaction for instance. Sometimes they over react, sometimes they underreact, sometimes they do things to pull reactions; only IEE understands which way to react at what times necessary to establish harmony with their dual.

I have dated SLI, and I can tell you that these extremes are not easy to deal with; the only one I figured out was when they are very intensly quiet and stressed, they don't say much and work very hard, in this case, being supportive, physical demonstration of affection works very well.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-18-2010 at 07:33 PM.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

What? I never said they are low IQ and ugly, I wouldn't call any individual those things
    Then I have no idea what you are saying. However, whether you would call someone low IQ or ugly is irrelevant, because low IQ people exist, just like normal and high IQ's. People also vary in attractiveness (although that's also more of a personal taste, it's practical enough to be able to say someone is good looking or someone isn't)
    Fe has nothing to do with emotions, being excited, live or vivid...
    Well if Fe has nothing to do with emotions then who knows what Ashura was on about when she said it did. I'll grant you that being excited, live or vivid is open to interpretation, to an extent, but that's a pointless semantical debate (for me) that maybe some Ti ego would enjoy having with you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Then I have no idea what you are saying. However, whether you would call someone low IQ or ugly is irrelevant, because low IQ people exist, just like normal and high IQ's. People also vary in attractiveness (although that's also more of a personal taste, it's practical enough to be able to say someone is good looking or someone isn't) Well if Fe has nothing to do with emotions then who knows what Ashura was on about when she said it did. I'll grant you that being excited, live or vivid is open to interpretation, to an extent, but that's a pointless semantical debate (for me) that maybe some Ti ego would enjoy having with you.
    I meant Fe in SLI. You don't have to agree with the way I view people, you can see them for what they are in their "real" form....what I see is not compared to what you see.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

I meant Fe in SLI. You don't have to agree with the way I view people, you can see them for what they are in their "real" form....what I see is not compared to what you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    You don't know socionics because you don't know the use of functions in an individual;
    Let's have a look at it then:

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33
    ISTp have Fe as polr because they can not fully use this function, so they say things to bring people up to display emotions in incorrect use of emotional or phrase like manner...ignoring them, calling them names, pushing them away, pulling people near...they don't trust other's emotions...really, you have no clue...
    And we can compare it to how Fe PoLR is defined in wikisocion:

Quote Originally Posted by wikisocion
    Fe PoLR: The individual tries hard to never let himself "come apart at the seams" emotionally or even let out strong feelings publicly, because displays of passion do not come naturally and make him feel self-consciousness and vulnerable to painful criticism. This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression.
    Your description of Fe PoLR states that ISTp's try to bring up display of emotions in others. I find it really embarrassing when i'm in a group of people and this happens, I try to stay away from lots emotional expression in such a situation, whether it's positive or negative (usually just even little bits of it) and for me to do it feels really awkward. Not only that, but what you describe as Fe PoLR contradicts what the resource encyclopedia material ( facts) say about it.

The rest of what you mention - ISTp's ignoring people, pushing people away, pulling them near, *might* be them rather pathetically trying to use their weak Fi.

As for the name calling you mention, it's something I generally don't do and have known plenty of ISTp's who do it far less than for instance ESTp's (who do it to try to get an external emotional rise along with boisterous playfulness).

And I think that it might be a good way to begin to explain why you type Mike Tyson as ISTp and not ESTp.
    Last edited by Cyclops; 03-18-2010 at 08:03 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Let's have a look at it then:

Your description of Fe PoLR states that ISTp's try to bring up display of emotions in others. I find it really embarrassing when i'm in a group of people and this happens, I try to stay away from lots emotional expression in such a situation, whether it's positive or negative (usually just even little bits of it) and for me to do it feels really awkward.

The rest of it - ignoring them, pushing people away, pulling them near, *might* them trying to use their weak Fi.

As for the name calling you mention, it's something I generally don't do and have known plenty of ISTp's who do it far less than for instance ESTp's (who do it to try to get an external emotional rise along with boisterous playfulness).

You will find that your definition of ISTp's Fe PoLR actually corresponds pretty well with ESTp's Fe HA:

And I think that it is a good way to begin to explain why you type Mike Tyson as ISTp and not ESTp.
    I dislike wikisocion. Notice that I never quote it.

"This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression."

That is a false and inaccurate statement.
    I point you towards I site that I find to be more accurate and you criticize me.
    You may not be SLI, because they are fun loving, just post your pictures already and I'll type you for goodness sake.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

I dislike wikisocion. Notice that I never quote it.
    You make a good point. The problem with socionics is that there's no way to really agree on anything when there is a large difference in opinions flying around, because it's all still rather subjective. See for instance the shenanigans that took place over the socionics article in wikipedia.

It's actually one of the reasons why I tend not to quote wikisocion - or other sites generally, I see it as impractical and inneffective.

"This makes the individual generally seem emotionally neutral and politely indifferent to excitement and agitation around him. The individual deeply dislikes attempts by others to get him to "cheer up" or "join the fun", especially in the context of group activities with loud emotional expression."

That is a false and inaccurate statement.
    I don't think it's that false. It describes me pretty well when i'm at work. I might be a little more relaxed around my friends, but I don't like people "forcing" me to smile and "join the fun " if I don't want to.

I point you towards I site that I find to be more accurate and you criticize me.
    Well, it seems you've been the one who criticises me, telling me I know nothing about socionics and that i'm no help, which as best as I can tell came about by you imagining I said something which I didn't even say.
    You may not be SLI, because they are fun loving, just post your pictures already and I'll type you for goodness sake.
    I might not be, but it works for me IRL and i'm quite happy to stick with it. As for VI, I disagree with your methods as i've stated before. In any event i'm not interested in making my personal self known on this internet forum. I did however submit myself for VI to socionics.com some time ago, general consensus among those who've seen me is that I look ISTp, but i'm not too bothered about such appearances.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You make a good point. The problem with socionics is that there's no way to really agree on anything when there is a large difference in opinions flying around, because it's all still rather subjective. See for instance the shenanigans that took place over the socionics article in wikipedia.

It's actually one of the reasons why I tend not to quote wikisocion - or other sites generally, I see it as impractical and inneffective.

I don't think it's that false. It describes me pretty well when i'm at work. I might be a little more relaxed around my friends, but I don't like people "forcing" me to smile and "join the fun " if I don't want to.

Well, it seems you've been the one who criticises me, telling me I know nothing about socionics and that i'm no help, which as best as I can tell came about by you imagining I said something which I didn't even say.
    I might not be, but it works for me IRL and i'm quite happy to stick with it. As for VI, I disagree with your methods as i've stated before. In any event i'm not interested in making my personal self known on this internet forum. I did however submit myself for VI to socionics.com some time ago, general consensus among those who've seen me is that I look ISTp, but i'm not too bothered about such appearances.
    A great place to start is in this forum by reading Fi and Ethics thread...it's excellent. Silverchris9 is an excellent writer...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...fi-ethics.html
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

A great place to start is in this forum by reading Fi and Ethics thread...it's excellent. Silverchris9 is an excellent writer...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...fi-ethics.html
    Maritsa, i've been interested in socionics for years, and i'm happy enough with my understanding of it and how it can and can't be used in my life. I don't post here to 'start' anything, I do it because I mostly just feel like it.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, i've been interested in socionics for years, and i'm happy enough with my understanding of it and how it can and can't be used in my life. I don't post here to 'start' anything, I do it because I mostly just feel like it.
    cyclops friend, a good rule of thumb with Maritsa is to put her on ignore or mentally ignore her posts. Dont even bother arguing with her, it's futile debating with someone who has Te-POLR and Ti-HA who thinks her flawed knowledge is the end-all be-all. Save yourself the frustration and irritation--believe me I know the feeling all too well
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my type leans toward the Beta side.
    Care to clarify?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerard Depardieu

Last edited by Park; 03-21-2010 at 03:53 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people even respond to Maritsa? It's like arguing with a retard. You just don't do it.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like a lot of ESTps I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Why do people even respond to Maritsa? It's like arguing with a retard. You just don't do it.
    this

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like a lot of ESTps I've seen.
    That's interesting. He seems kinda laid-back for an ESTp to me. I don't think he's Se/Ni. Seen any of his movies?
    Last edited by Park; 03-21-2010 at 10:19 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And yet your typing couldn't be more inaccurate.
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're one to talk, IEI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    You're one to talk, IEI
    I think you should not address me and good luck finding and dating your dual
    -

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should not address me and good luck finding and dating your dual
    ditto

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't even know where to begin with you, if I was, you ressurect some conversation which is days old, just to have some I presume dig at me, for what ever reason, and all this based on you accusing me of saying something which I never EVEN SAID - and which you've still not apologised for.

So, you don't know my all typings, only 2 of them which perhaps re-assuringly disagrees with yours.

But tell you what, i'll just say: "My typings are crap" for you, happy now?

Edit: Oh wait, you know we disagree on three typings now..you're not EII!!!! ;-)

Although I expect we would likely give most people different types.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon
    ....*talking to Maritsa*
    It's been a while since we've had a fanatic on the forum (like eg Maritsa). It's a bizarre scenario of considering engaging them to see how crazy they are and also wanting to stay away from them incase they mess about too much with my fire wall.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's interesting. He seems kinda laid-back for an ESTp to me. I don't think he's Se/Ni. Seen any of his movies?
    Yeah, I saw a lot of his movies in French class in high school: Cyrano de Bergerac, Return of Martin Guerre, and Jean de Florette (maybe Manon des Sources, but I can't remember). To me he seems very actively aware of his immediate environment, a trait I associate with Se valuing/ego.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I saw a lot of his movies in French class in high school: Cyrano de Bergerac, Return of Martin Guerre, and Jean de Florette (maybe Manon des Sources, but I can't remember). To me he seems very actively aware of his immediate environment, a trait I associate with Se valuing/ego.
    Well, awareness is essentially an Si attribute. Applying force to create environmental impact/change is Se.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chiwetel Ejiofor (?)

with ILE interviewer

Last edited by Park; 03-27-2010 at 01:16 AM.