Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: LII or LII? ATT: electric sheep

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default LII or LII? [ATT: electric sheep]



    Okay, so there's a 10% chance I'll accept electric sheeps's SEI typing. If he can get a few credible people to side with him, perhaps that will increase.

    From Krig's duality thread:http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tml#post623487
    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    ok I'm going to pull the experience card and say that I've been around longer, and you know we have a lot of the same experiences.
    True, but I'm not sure those experiences are type related. And I'll let you play your experience card, that, and the fact that you're obviously not dumb, is why I'm taking you seriously in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Guessing my motives. Yes, I do that a lot when I'm arguing with people too, and you're wrong in this case. I would say this is a case of using SiFe in a debate because you're addressing my feelings rather than my thoughts. Of course, it doesn't work very well because like I've already told Krig, I wont engage him logically. All I can really say is "you made some good points" and leave it alone.
    You are seeing what you want to see. I want to know your motives because I want to know which personal biases could be influencing your reason. Hack an argument down at its roots.

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    You avoid being formal. There is a problem with this. LIIs are almost always formal. Look at krig, huginn, labcoat, et al. They are extremely formal in their posts. You don't have the same rigid thinking as they do, or at least you act like you don't
    I avoid being overly formal in certain posts for the reason that it influences the reader to be nit-picky about my choice of words. This isn't a good thing for me, as I'm usually half asleep, I suffer insomnia (which doesn't seem like something that would happen to an SEI). The right words often elude me and I end up being misinterpreted. Using a colloquial prose cuts me some slack.

    And I don't think labcoat's reasoning is as "rigid" as you say. A lot of it is rhetoric. And a bit of OCD.

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Reciprocating like this could mean different things. What I'm getting from this is that you can be either nice or mean depending on the general emotional climate. You have been well received here and you're nice in return. So would you say you have a good grasp of the emotional climate? You must have one in order to respond properly. It seems like you don't need a lot of guidance because you are able to grasp how you are expected to act based on the way people act towards you. Do you think that's weak Fe or strong Fe? When you say you're usually AR (I'm assuming that relates to some kind of social ineptitude) it could just be because you are just responding to a different emotional climate. There could be all kinds of reasons why you act differently under different circumstances.
    Kamajama sent me a friend request. It doesn't take an ethical type to gauge the emotional climate in such a situation. I really am not good at judging how people feel about me - I need to be constantly told where I stand in relationships. Before I learned that this was an LII trait, I used to think it was insecurity. AR - anal retentive. :wink:

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Essentially we are our duals turned inside out. If you take out the jargon you used, you could see that you also described duality. When we talk about mirror relations, we emphasize different aspects of the same things. Like when it's you and your cousin together, you don't see the point in the activity (maybe a bit of Ip/Si laziness in there), but she said the point of the activity was just to socialize (Fe emphasis). That's a mirror disagreement imo. You aren't seeing eye to eye in a sense, like you do with ILEs. An ILE probably wouldn't want to participate in something that was "just to socialize" either.
    Again, you are seeing what you want to see. In duality, we are turned inside out, but not totally inverted. The fact is that SEI generally still only find Ti useful only as far as it relates to Ne (well, as I understand things, anyway.)

    You are missing the point that my focus was on the rational (for which practical purpose are we knitting?) and my cousin shifts that focus to the ethical (it gives us an excuse to hang out).

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Well I hope I reached you in some way. What I've said might not mesh well with what you've read on other websites or with what the people here will say, and I completely understand if you choose to go with them over me, but I trust my own experience more than those websites or the NTs who claim to know what SEIs are like
    I respect that. It's just that you don't know me well enough - you are trying to type me too soon, imo.
    Last edited by Zed; 03-14-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    LII

  2. #2
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    creating a whole thread for the purpose of attacking me? Bravo, my friend.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  3. #3
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    creating a whole thread for the purpose of attacking me? Bravo, my friend.
    I'm amazed you consider this an attack.

    I also think you don't know a thing about what you're talking about most of the time when it comes to Socionics and the Enneagram. Worse is the fact that you laud yourself as an expert, delivering words of wisdom as if they were a gift sent down from on high.

    This thread is now a flame war waiting to happen. Thank you and good night.

  4. #4
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I stand corrected: THAT was an attack.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  5. #5
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,337
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't think a lot of the following applies too much to LIIs @ ES. I mean, LIIs aren't all exactingly formal, certainly not in a theoretical online atmosphere. LIIs can also chose to approach things from an emotional side. I think anyone can do that.

    Certainly the things you've said aren't exactly qualifications or mean much in self typing, but I haven't read a whole lot of what you've been saying anyway.

  6. #6
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I also think you don't know a thing about what you're talking about most of the time when it comes to Socionics and the Enneagram. Worse is the fact that you laud yourself as an expert, delivering words of wisdom as if they were a gift sent down from on high.
    I don't consider myself an expert. All I know is my experience, nothing more.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  7. #7
    Eldanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southeastern USA
    TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've always thought it strange that people devote entire threads to the types of other forum members, especially in dissent.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I'm amazed you consider this an attack.
    That makes two of us.
    LII

  9. #9
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    That makes two of us.
    ! clearly we're identicals.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LII

  11. #11
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Maybe sheep thought it was an attack because the thread title had ATT in it?

    I propose a new class of jokes: electric sheep jokes.

    "electric sheep can put two and two together... and get the answer wrong."

  12. #12
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're only proving my point, that this thread is dedicated to bashing me.

    I bid you good day.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  13. #13
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  14. #14
    Ti centric krieger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,983
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LIIs aren't all exactingly formal, certainly not in a theoretical online atmosphere.
    I tend to interpret the Reinin property of "subjectivism" as "informality". INTj are only "formal" in regard to their own personal terms. It actually when Fi types engage in academic pursuits that they start taking the formalities of the field extremely seriously. Ti types violate the formalities by just explaining things "their way".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •