Thread: Co-worker

Creepy-cinq

Default Co-worker

There is an employee whom I interact with on occasion. She is one of the main contacts on a large project, unfortunately. I don't find her very knowledgeable in her area of 'expertise'. We've had many discussions and many conflicts because she doesn't understand. Then when I think I've made headway, the issue crops up again a few months later to land us back on the first square. The problem with that is she raises the issue in front of all of the managers as if I've not resolved the issue.

I initially concluded she has comprehension problems, as I know other supervisors and managers in my field who report having great difficulty having her understand basic ideas - spending at times enormous amounts of time on the phone explaining things. But, a few things have happened as well, where she has withheld information purposely, to use later in a strategic manner, to make herself look good. It's starting to make me think she is more clever than she lets on.

She seems to love the 'blame game' as well. She doesn't hesitate to tell me I was wrong, then say she tells me this to help me out. She seems to like to do this in front of others as well. The other day, when she made an odd request for information after a meeting and I responded to say I would distribute the information in the usual way. She then accused me of saying something during our meeting that contradicted this. I checked in with other meeting attendees and none of them came out of the meeting with no other expectations than the usual routine. I was about to reply to co-worker she was incorrect - had the email typed out - paused for a while, then deleted the reply figuring there's no use.

In any case, all this to say this woman is extremely annoying. I can see myself losing it someday in front of her. I'm thinking she may be my conflictor - ESFj.

Any other opinions/guesses?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-cinq

I see the potential for Gamma rational. ISFj would be my second guess.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that doesn't sound like esfj. that sounds like the work behavior of isfj. to the t. i work with one myself and they are absolutely insufferable.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I could see a very Se ISFj behaving like this. (However, take into account that her inability to understand instructions isn't type related)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-cinq

Thank you for the feedback. This gives me pause for thought regarding my type as I typically have trouble with types like this woman.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-cinq

I fully realize not all is type related. Still, there is a distinct theme when I think of current and past relationships with types. It could be the rational/irrational divide.