Thread: The Grey One

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Grey One

Last edited by Hays; 05-30-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone!! So this is my dad. Type him if you can, he's a tricky one! He tests as every possible thing.
    I don't want to describe him to much, because he says something one day and then something else the next.
    Here's what I can say

Always positive
    Happy with life
    Almost never gets down
    Loves traveling
    Not sporty

That's just a couple. Good luck!
    Hakuna Matata

Creepy-cinq

This is tricky. The more recent photos - I would have guessed ST, probably ESTj Enneagram 8w9.

Describe him. What is he like? How does he think? What are his interests, his beliefs?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESTp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    My man is a hard worker at work. He is in charge of much including 100's of people.
    At home he likes to have the entire family join him in what he would like to do. For example if he wants to go out he would like everyone to come along or if he wants to sit and watch a movie he likes everyone to be there beside him.
    He is good at things that I am not and vice versa.
    Everything has to be very tidy and in it's correct place.
    I find him to be not very objective when it comes to things about himself.
    He is very ambitious and respects people who work hard.
    Spends hours and hours and hours categorizing things like music.
    He loves to hold hands and hug often.
    He can get very excited and enthusiastic about holidays, travel etc.
    He likes big toys and the latest technologies.
    Food and technology's are the things that he doesn't mind spending money on.
    He always looks so comfortable no matter where he is.
    Giving speeches in front of many people does not faze him.
    He says that he likes to get reactions from people.
    To me he seems very sensing and not intuitive.
    He is very proud of his children and likes them to be good members of society. He lights up when he talks about them.
    Dr Who is his favourite tv show followed by Star Trek.
    He seems to have a silly switch which is hard to turn off once it is on.
    He likes to be a leader.
    He likes to delegate.

If I think of anything else to add later I will.
    So are ESTp's...and? ESTj's don't like to manage. Does he like public displays of affection? Is he paranoid?

Gueorgui Zhukov—Marshal of the Soviet Union, a famous commander during the World War II.

1. The end result. This is the only thing that interests him. All he needs to achieve the final result he considers to be his vested interests. He is a strong-willed, determined person. "If stars shine at night – then somebody wanted it". With all his appearance he demonstrates he is far from being ostentatious, does not care for the impression he makes with others. “I did not understand, please repeat." – used to say Sergey Korolyov, the mastermind of the Soviet space technology. Few of Soviet top executives had the guts to ask this from Beria, the head of the Soviet secret police. All The Commander does is performed with ardor, passionately and must be brought to its conclusion. He has the personality of an untamed struggler, who must come out on top no matter what the cost. "One should not avoid difficulties! One needs to learn how to overcome them" is his motto.

2. Die Hard. The expression "severe but just" became already trivial about this sort of persons. Marshal Zhukov was a really tough person, but only he could say to Stalin: "If you believe that the Head of the Chief Headquarters is capable only of talking gibberish, then he has no reason to be here. I ask you to relieve me of my rank as the Head of the Chief Headquarters and to send to the front". He has no back thoughts about his right to manage other people. Even taking into account his love to collegial discussion of issues, he always reserves the last sentence for himself. This is usually compensated by profound passion for his cause and the ability to seed the same enthusiasm in others.

3. A fine tactician. He quickly grasps the current situation and distribution of power, makes a decision and acts. He is capable of political maneuvering but never forgets his line. He possesses powerful logic function, but this kind of logic is determined and thus biased, its purpose isn’t philosophical speculations but the creative search for the shortcut to finding a solution. It is easier for him to concede his logic than his goal.

4. Dispassionate. He seldom gives in to fear, hatred, and other negative emotions, rarely gets surprised and rarely envies. The more dangerous the situation, the more self-disciplined and resolute he becomes.

5. He does not like to speak about feelings: this is not his line. And if by chance such words slip out, he feels as if he betrayed himself. He is afraid of emotional love, considering it an undeserved luxury. He is anxious of other feelings as well. Perceiving others to be just like him, he has no doubt that he may be desired, but he is seldom sure he can also be loved. He needs his partner’s emotional support and submits his emotions to him. However, in practical activity he never tends to adaptation, but only to dictation.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your dad, I think, is the same type as Tom Hanks, what did everyone say his type was, ENFp?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Creepy-cinq

I can see E3 as a possibility given your description. And, what would you say about your relationship with the grey one, given your knowledge of socionics intertype relations. Even without knowing about intertype relations theory, how would you describe your relationship with him over the years? Would you consider him your dual, or does he mirror you, or is there something that better describes you relationship?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Also, he is popular wherever he goes, much more so than I am. Everyone loves him it seems including all of the ladies!
    Christopher Reeve was an avid sailor also an ESTp..why you can't see resemblence is beyond me, may be denial?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I should just clarify that when the Grey One gets excited about a cause and wants to dive straight in and do something about it it is not long before he gets bored and is on to the next thing.
    Doesn't sound like ESTj. They develop and interest, remember and what are you going to do now? Change your story about him?

"He likes to lead. He has many ideals but often he doesn't think them through sufficiently."

Sorry, not ESTj...more like ESTp
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Doesn't sound like ESTj. They develop and interest, remember and what are you going to do now? Change your story about him?

"He likes to lead. He has many ideals but often he doesn't think them through sufficiently."

Sorry, not ESTj...more like ESTp
    We haven't said that he is ESTj ... I don't know where you got that from.

Suzzy isn't sure if they are duality, mirror is a possibility...

If it is duality, it's not what you are hyping it up to be as they are more best friends.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What is your problem..
    What story am I changing?
    I said are you rather than you have.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

After he puts his CD's in order, where does he store them?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote is SEI. Overall he seems relaxed and low-key and quite irrational, seems pretty IP. He also seems Fe creative to me in his presentation. He's very aware of how his environment makes him feel (Si) and he knows how to employ humor and silliness socially and likes everyone behind him with that passion when he's instigating changes at work (Fe). How things make him feel (if they make him feel better, reduce stress, etc.) seemed to be a central topic of the first video (Si). Specifically he talked about the things he likes (which I think the common thread is that he enjoys all of these things and he knows what he enjoys) -- Si leading supposedly tries to maintain a state of constant enjoyment, which I would say this matches him in the video. He has an aesthetic sense in terms of how his environment affects his internal state (he likes colorful flowers that brighten the mood, likes the house a certain way, etc.). He is in tune to these things to the extent that he probably changes them or goes to places that create these pleasant environments to improve his internal state. (I think that in general these things affect everyone at times, but to him they seem to be the main focus -- that this is the information he is most attuned to.)

His lack of discipline with exercise doesn't at all point away from Si leading, imo. IP is a low energy, not very self-disciplined temperament and does often struggle with such things. I don't think his self-reported ambitiousness or competitiveness goes against Si leading either.

I don't see Se or Ne.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    My vote is SEI. Overall he seems relaxed and low-key and quite irrational, seems pretty IP. He also seems Fe creative to me in his presentation. He's very aware of how his environment makes him feel (Si) and he knows how to employ humor and silliness socially and likes everyone behind him with that passion when he's instigating changes at work (Fe). How things make him feel (if they make him feel better, reduce stress, etc.) seemed to be a central topic of the first video (Si). Specifically he talked about the things he likes (which I think the common thread is that he enjoys all of these things and he knows what he enjoys) -- Si leading supposedly tries to maintain a state of constant enjoyment, which I would say this matches him in the video. He has an aesthetic sense in terms of how his environment affects his internal state (he likes colorful flowers that brighten the mood, likes the house a certain way, etc.). He is in tune to these things to the extent that he probably changes them or goes to places that create these pleasant environments to improve his internal state. (I think that in general these things affect everyone at times, but to him they seem to be the main focus -- that this is the information he is most attuned to.)

His lack of discipline with exercise doesn't at all point away from Si leading, imo. IP is a low energy, not very self-disciplined temperament and does often struggle with such things. I don't think his self-reported ambitiousness or competitiveness goes against Si leading either.

I don't see Se or Ne.
    What would show Se on the outside?
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

I don't see Se or Ne.
    Great post.

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI!!!
    Sincerely Yours,

Beyond the clouds. Beyond the sun.

The Rebel without a cause.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This direct, penetrating, and deep stair can only be made by one type only...ESTp

http://socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index.html
    Look at the pictures of the Commander and you can compare.

The Grey One :: DSC00026.jpg picture by Shayleyc - Photobucket
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He looks a bit like me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    He looks a bit like me.
    You could be twins; why don't you ask some questions to see if the method of thought and conclusions on thoughts are the same?
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You could be twins;
    Haha! Was about to say that, but thought: "nah, maybe later". It's like you're reading my mind. By the way - great sense of humour.

why don't you ask some questions to see if the method of thought and conclusions on thoughts are the same?
    I could do that, but nothing comes to mind now. I think I'm in love.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This 'stare' is oh so mild compared to his mother's. His mother and I do not get on particularly well. We kind of quietly tolerate one another.
    Well he's somebody's son right; genes, mom + dad = him...he maybe mom's type.
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Well he's somebody's son right; genes, mom + dad = him...he maybe mom's type.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi Absurd can I ask what type you think you are and are there some photos of you on this forum that I could take a look at. I did find a couple of you in a thread started by yourself called 'What's My Type'. Do you think that my husband and yourself are very alike in speech, mannerisms etc?
    Hmm. Sorry, didn't saw the vids earlier, just noticed I'm on the second page, but no, not me, I am more sharp, abrupt and a bit restless.

Yeah, I have a pic and I can send it to you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I typed Absurd ISTp-morphologically
    -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed Absurd ISTp-morphologically
    Do you find it fascinating that 90% of people you either type ESTj or ISTp?
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Do you find it fascinating that 90% of people you either type ESTj or ISTp?
    ISTp's have a fascination with Socionics, so no, the numbers I have typed here as ISTp is correct. It's just intellectual and social enough to hold their interest.
    -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp's have a fascination with Socionics, so no, the numbers I have typed here as ISTp is correct. It's just intellectual and social enough to hold their interest.
    You typed almost all of the people from my pictures that had nothing to do with socionics. Some were relatives, some co-workers, some friends. You dont find that fascinating either I assume?

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heheh. There's no fascination in my case. You're a funny bunch and what can I say, I was curious.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    You typed almost all of the people from my pictures that had nothing to do with socionics. Some were relatives, some co-workers, some friends. You dont find that fascinating either I assume?
    ISTp friends make great ISTp friends...what can you say? It's symbiosis, you know a bond of familiarity, of brotherhood, or sisterhood; I've typed people who were ENFj and ISFj..I remember that well.
    -

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of them were not friends and quite a few do not get along so well, not to mention have totaly different personalities. But im pretty sure it is perfectly fine in your socionics. But I have a question.

So there are ISTp families, ISTp companies etc? Ah socionics rediscovered .

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ISTp friends make great ISTp friends...what can you say? It's symbiosis, you know a bond of familiarity, of brotherhood, or sisterhood; I've typed people who were ENFj and ISFj..I remember that well.
    The more I read you, the harder it is for me to stop laughing. Seriously, take a nap or something, I'm dying here

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    The more I read you, the harder it is for me to stop laughing. Seriously, take a nap or something, I'm dying here
    I am here to humor you darling.
    -

Creepy-cinq

Just a few more questions:

Would you say your husband - dominant/director type or more catalyst/get things going type?

In your relationship with him, is he the caretaker?

At work, what kind of leader is he - a visionary CEO that likes to create and cut new paths or manager/director who likes to delegate, happy to manage within a stable infrastructure, and let other leaders set new ground?

Interesting videos. I can see how people would be attracted to him. Also, my impression of him in statics photos is different from the videos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P.s: dad is hard to type as he says one thing one day and the total opposite the next; he changes.
    Hakuna Matata

Creepy-cinq

I'm leaning towards ENFp

In broad strokes - being excited about change/restructuring to me sounds like intuition of possibilities/potential. Identifying with the infantile group provides more evidence. ENFps can be E3 or E7, possibly E6 (with E3 as stress point or direction of disintegration hence the connection to the E3 type; E6 are considered ambiverts). His restlessness may be indicative of an intuitive subtype. I think ENFps are engaging and tend to attract people, although, people may read more into the closeness than what ENFps are providing. Being able to predict the outcome of movies accurately may be evidence of someone who understands relationships and possibilities quite well. Being able to manage 100s of people would be someone who understands relationships and how to motivate. He may engage with many people within the work sphere, but, his preference and what has more meaning to him is more introverted - his family. I think he may feel he is a sensing type because is more engaged in the here and now, not necessarily interested in details though. Also, he may sense he is less intuitive than you, although still intuitive, and this is a possibility. Your husband does remind me bit of Tom Hanks as well, in the way he expresses himself.

Alternative possibility - ENTp.

See if this description of makes sense to him. Maybe he has read it before.

So, these are my thoughts/opinions.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My husband read through the Socionics romance types and chose the infantile group as the only one that he felt was remotely close to how he perceives himself.

Infantile - Wikisocion
    We perceive ourselves as our duals in cases where we have not grown up with one to know our selves. We manipulate our internal selves to cope with ourselves, but on the outside, people will tell you that you are different then what you perceive.

If he perceives himself INFp...he's ESTp
    If he perceives himself ENFp...he's ISTp

For the longest time I thought I was ESTj, especially before full development of my own type, but then, with the help of my dual cousin and friends and family, I was able to put my conscious and outside self in perspective and bring them to harmony and self realization of one another...a merging of self, so to say.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

We perceive ourselves as our duals in cases where we have not grown up with one to know our selves. We manipulate our internal selves to cope with ourselves, but on the outside, people will tell you that you are different then what you perceive.

If he perceives himself INFp...he's ESTp
    If he perceives himself ENFp...he's ISTp

For the longest time I thought I was ESTj, especially before full development of my own type, but then, with the help of my dual cousin and friends and family, I was able to put my conscious and outside self in perspective and bring them to harmony and self realization of one another...a merging of self, so to say.
    It says in the textbooks that people who are around their dual for a long time start to act and resemble their dual somewhat, so what you say doesn't make any sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    Suzzy I really think you are INFj and your man is ENFp. Sorry I haven't read most of the posts in this thread, so I don't know if it's already been said.

Anyway, a lovely pair!
    Suzzy says thats very nice of you to say so
    Hakuna Matata

Creepy-cinq

I think you may have nailed down his type . I originally under Myers Briggs typed him as ENFP but have had a bit more difficulty with his Socionics type as in some ways ESFP seemed to fit him more but re-reading a few descriptions keeping in mind what you pointed out I now can see that this is his type. This description fit him particularly well.

Intuitive Ethical Extratim - Wikisocion
    I can't deny I sensed some ESFp influence, but, I think is more prevalent. Also with Gulenko's erotic styles - aggressive vs. infantile - he relates to infantile so is the better fit. I suppose if there are further doubts, I would think a view of his life patterns at a younger age (away from many years of the environmental influence of an intimate partner) would help tease out differences. I think as one grows older, it becomes more difficult to ID type as you become more proficient at using most functions. The boundaries become blurred.

Check out socionics.org (use translate function). There is good information there for comparision ESFp vs ENFp or ENTp (or any other type).

My hat tips to your husband for participating given his reluctance in front of the video camera. Thanks. It was a learning experience for me not to trust static photos..