Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-Romantic Duality

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Non-Romantic Duality

What do you guys think of duality outside of romance? What's the relationship like? There's generally a limit on intimacy, and as such on the benefits of duality, but aside from that, pretty cool, no?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer EII friends to EII mates. They're really nice people, easy to get along with, and often fun.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie
    I prefer EII friends to EII mates.
    Hmm........then who do you prefer as mates?

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's great, IMO. I also really enjoy all the intra-quadra relations because they seem like brothers and sisters, kind of. I have a realllly good SLI female friend who is totally like my sister and that's a nice feeling - we talk about relationships and help each other out with lots of things, we're objective parties when it comes to drama in other areas, etc. And IEEs are a lot of fun to work with and are very smooth when it comes to people and social situations. EIIs are great because they are someone who shares your disposition and you can get good feedback even if there is no emotional involvement or connection there.

I don't know about limiting the relationship because it's not romantic. It doesn't go to its 'full potential', but I think that's how most relationships that are non-romantic go. I think there are tons of practical benefits to having duals that are non-romantic - especially if they have similar life-paths or values or interests as you. In those cases, I feel like duals and other intra-quadra relationships can be seemingly invaluable. They are the people I tend to find myself wanting to seek out the most and stay in touch with the most.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shagbag The Wizard View Post
    don't worry, I prefer EIIs as mates .. ... ...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I haven't decided yet.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Ryu, that is possibly the first time I have seen you use a smiley.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Abbie, maybe you just haven't met the right EII yet.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's the first time I've seen the following smiley in context.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Omg, the air is so thick with Te right now....... *faint*

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you must not have seen any of my 'silly posts'

Abbie, maybe you just haven't met the right EII yet.
    Sounds like that EII is going to have to 'meet' her. Abbie will be buttered up and falling over herself in no time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is probably the longest string of all-delta responses in a 16types thread outside of the delta quadra in a while. Good for you, deltas, the forum shouldn't just be beta playland.

My best friend is probably SLE, but I'm not sure. Good friendships make life easier, or at least less boring. On a somewhat related note, I bet Alfred Tennyson and Arthur Hallam were duals. But I can't quite picture Hallam as LSE, so I might have to change my typing of Tennyson.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu
    you must not have seen any of my 'silly posts'

Hmm......I'm a bit suspicious about this alleged "silliness".

I think some links are in order.

Sounds like that EII is going to have to 'meet' her. Abbie will be buttered up and falling over herself in no time.
    An LSE all out of composure, now this I would not miss for the world.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Silverchris
    That is probably the longest string of all-delta responses in a 16types thread
    You could've waited a few more posts before breaking the thread, lol.

Ah well. At least the bar is set pretty low for our next record-breaking run.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Did you read that EJs have a high evergy level all day until they collapse? That happens in the evening. Sometimes I'm so out of it I forget how to speak English and can't even walk straight.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could've waited a few more posts before breaking the thread, lol.

Ah well. At least the bar is set pretty low for our next record-breaking run.
    Yeah, I know. I couldn't let you guys have all the fun for so long. You might actually beat the beta record of arguing through... ugh... friendly conversation about everyday topics! I'm feeling queasy already. (kidding, obviously).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm......I'm a bit suspicious about this alleged "silliness".

I think some links are in order.

Just look at some of the delta quote threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Did you read that EJs have a high evergy level all day until they collapse? That happens in the evening. Sometimes I'm so out of it I forget how to speak English and can't even walk straight.
    I tend to get more hedonistic at the end of the day.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, LSEs are silly when in the mood. Generally it's silliness, not silliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I tend to get more hedonistic at the end of the day.
    I had to look that word up. I may, too.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

Did somebody say silliness? Please, allow me.....

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Just look at some of the delta quote threads.
    *goes to look*

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of the SLIs I've known have just been friends. I've only dated one for a long period of time. One of my friends I can tell anything to. He and I have had the best conversations. If I could imagine the kind of marital relationship I want, that would be it. Another one and I seem to be forming a natural business partnership. Honestly, my dual friendships have been way better than my dual boyfriend. As in intimacy. I got the feeling that my ex was sort of afraid of a woman taking over his life or something. *eye roll* Therefore, he was rather distant. My friends don't have those inhibitions weighing on their minds.

Overall I find duality pretty fulfilling. I have to say that my EII best friend hears the full brunt of things when I'm really emotional about something. I don't really let that go around SLIs.
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by somavision
    I then got distracted by a buxom wench
    It happens.

Lol, so LSEs are capable of humour after all.

Who knew.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

certainly not a non-delta such as yourself
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer
    I have to say that my EII best friend hears the full brunt of things when I'm really emotional about something. I don't really let that go around SLIs.
    Interestingly, it's my SLI friend/colleague that goes off on rants about everything that isn't working properly, and I'm the one who sits there, giving quiet moral support. (Of course, when I say "rant", this is the SLI version of a rant completely devoid of Fe.....more like an emphatic monologue, really).

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pirate
    certainly not a non-delta such as yourself
    *sigh*

Here we go again.

Well I'm done for the night. Good night everyone.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If nothing else, Shag seems to be getting on well with the LSEs on the forum, so there's something, although, yes, he does continue to seem awfully Fe for an EII.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine I retract my accurate statement <_<
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris
    although, yes, he does continue to seem awfully Fe for an EII.
    Fe 7th function....I use it when I need to.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My roomie from first year. Amazing relationship, amazed we didn't become lesbians. Honestly, until then I didn't know I could have any kind of relationship that could be so good. To this day, I'm convinced that that relationship was as intimate as you can possibly get without having sexual experiences together.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My cousin's my dual; we never argue, we never fight, we go out, have a drink and laugh, she is so strict with time management; one day, when we were at Knotts Farm and about to leave, she turned around and screamed at everyone for not rushing out the exit door, and I knew this was rage. Kids get frightened by rage if they've never seen one, so I had to do damage control to make sure that the little ones didn't start to cry. I softly reminded my cousin to keep that rage under control and that we weren't going to be late for anything...providing reassurance about how things will work out always helps my dual cousin calm down.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    My cousin's my dual; we never argue, we never fight, we go out, have a drink and laugh, she is so strict with time management; one day, when we were at Knotts Farm and about to leave, she turned around and screamed at everyone for not rushing out the exit door, and I knew this was rage. Kids get frightened by rage if they've never seen one, so I had to do damage control to make sure that the little ones didn't start to cry. I softly reminded my cousin to keep that rage under control and that we weren't going to be late for anything...providing reassurance about how things will work out always helps my dual cousin calm down.
    So... I'm still pretty sure that you're EII, but that bit about "how things will work out" is pretty obviously Ni... Ne would be more "well, x might happen or y might happen or z might happen." Ni is "x will happen."

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    So... I'm still pretty sure that you're EII, but that bit about "how things will work out" is pretty obviously Ni... Ne would be more "well, x might happen or y might happen or z might happen." Ni is "x will happen."
    OMGoodness...I have use of most of my brain you know and there's just not only Fi in here.

Look at model A and of Ni...it's in spot 8th spot in my functions; corresponding to weakness in Dual function 4; it's an interplay of how ones' strength assures another's weakness, without making waves...or arguments...because of this function, I don't procrastinate, and I regulate time and can schedual actions at appropriate times, and I am an undemanding regulator of time, as in I don't put stress on people who don't show up on time, etc.

"The Humanist also foresees well the outcome of undertakings and relations. He recognizes well the perspectives of new theories or technologies and he is among the first to struggle for their implementation."
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

OMGoodness...I have use of most of my brain you know and there's just not only Fi in here.

Look at model A and of Ni...it's in spot 8th spot on my functions
    I wish you'd permit the same to the rest of the world.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I wish you'd permit the same to the rest of the world.
    I do, but in appropriate doses.
    -

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at model A and of Ni...it's in spot 8th spot in my functions; corresponding to weakness in Dual function 4; it's an interplay of how ones' strength assures another's weakness, without making waves...or arguments...because of this function, I don't procrastinate, and I regulate time and can schedual actions at appropriate times, and I am an undemanding regulator of time, as in I don't put stress on people who don't show up on time, etc.

"The Humanist also foresees well the outcome of undertakings and relations. He recognizes well the perspectives of new theories or technologies and he is among the first to struggle for their implementation."
    It was mostly that you said your ESTj cousin always likes that sort of reassurance, whereas I feel like if I told an ESTj what I thought was going to happen, they'd just be pissed off and annoyed because I was making statements without a rational basis. That being said, I suppose everybody likes to hear "it's going to turn out fine." I guess.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It was mostly that you said your ESTj cousin always likes that sort of reassurance, whereas I feel like if I told an ESTj what I thought was going to happen, they'd just be pissed off and annoyed because I was making statements without a rational basis. That being said, I suppose everybody likes to hear "it's going to turn out fine." I guess.
    That is more charactistic response of ISTj...well if ESTj does want a rational basis...then whatever happends when I say what I say at the right moment works, so I guess I just do it automatically...but it works. I will ask Rasputin why it works.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It was mostly that you said your ESTj cousin always likes that sort of reassurance, whereas I feel like if I told an ESTj what I thought was going to happen, they'd just be pissed off and annoyed because I was making statements without a rational basis.
    I agree. Tell me why it'll turn out fine and I'll be satisfied.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, so LSEs are capable of humour after all.

Who knew.
    What gets me is that Shabag's responses, like that, strike me as EXTREMELY the same way that beta NFs respond to things. That response in and of itself makes reminds me of an EIE who is excited when it starts to see a lightening up of someone who is otherwise reserved - an LSI, so to say.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had some good friends in highschool who were ESTp. we would have alot of fun causing trouble / drinking / skateboarding. Really a fun relationship..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast