Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the most uncompromising type?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's the most uncompromising type?

What types would be the most reluctant to do things against their will or contrary to their principles? Which types do you think are the least tactful in this regard? What types are the most resistant to persuasion and fights of opinion and will power, always make independent decisions (for which they carry full responsibility) and do their own thing regardless of outside pressure and influence?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    What types would be the most reluctant to do things against their will or contrary to their principles? Which types do you think are the least tactful in this regard? What types are the most resistant to persuasion and fights of opinion and will power, always make independent decisions (for which they carry full responsibility) and do their own thing regardless of outside pressure and influence?
    That would be you WP.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    That would be you WP.
    Bingo.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bingo.
    HA!
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    SLE?
    SLEs don't have principles.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IJs for sure
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd say SLE, after a certain point. they make up their minds, and that's it. come to think of it, i'd say it's the beta quadra.

i don't typically find IJ's to be uncompromising, with the exception of ESI/male.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI for sure. You can argue and argue and argue, but they never submit unless it's a 'this is correct and this is incorrect' situation.

Socionics speaking, any Ne POLR would probably have some difficulty with compromise.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm stubborn, but compromising. ...my SLI mom is uncompromising.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on what you mean by uncompromising, and then the more annoying/unhealthy forms of uncompromising-ness usually involve a quadra difference and/or a person who hasn't gotten enough superid input. Generally the complaint comes from an N type dealing with an S type of the opposing quadra, but it can also occur across T/F fault lines.

Ne-polr is a good association with this too, but an LSE who hasn't gotten enough Ne can be very uncompromising, and an LSI can be persuaded, just more by Ni means than by Ne means.

SLEs can be uncompromising if they're driving towards a goal, otherwise not so much. And I don't think that mature people of most any type are uncompromising.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

infj

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    i'd say SLE, after a certain point. they make up their minds, and that's it. come to think of it, i'd say it's the beta quadra.

i don't typically find IJ's to be uncompromising, with the exception of ESI/male.
    yeah and LSIs. (although you covered them with your comment about the beta quadra) But I have to say that IEI would be the least uncompromising (or, most compromising) of all the betas, wouldn't you say?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    yeah and LSIs. (although you covered them with your comment about the beta quadra) But I have to say that IEI would be the least uncompromising (or, most compromising) of all the betas, wouldn't you say?
    yes, I think. IP temperament, goin with the flowin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    haha yes i would say so, IEI's totally go w the flow. i should have left IEI off the list. i guess it's IEI that gets the rest of beta to flex, huh?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a rational logical type, in Enneagram not a social compliant type. 8s are probably the type most like this, also perhaps 5s, 1s. LSI, LSE, LIE, perhaps SLE although when SLEs are like that they generally just don't give a shit/will continue on blithely perhaps without engaging or listening to others; the person you describe sounds more edgy, perhaps a bit reactive. My LIE roommate was the first person to come to mind when you gave the description.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI aren't always that pushy. I would vote SLE.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Me. I'm continually frustrating my family, particularly my mom in this one. Once she started to say that I don't listen to anyone, then stopped and said, "No, I take that back. You listen. You listen to everyone. Then you just go ahead and do whatever you want."
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    the person you describe sounds more edgy, perhaps a bit reactive.
    I'll take that as a compliment.

Me. I'm continually frustrating my family, particularly my mom in this one.
    Ha!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

INFj's, because things have to make a clear logical and rational sense to us and must have evidence beyond a shadow of doubt, otherwise we are the most stubborn of all types, even more stubborn then ENTp's who are very stubborn.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes entps so stubborn?
    I actually have trouble with making entps doing ANYTHING they don't want to do.

EDIT:reason theoretical NT reasoning that doesnt hold to reality and weak Se.
    Last edited by jughead; 04-06-2010 at 07:43 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    EII/INFj's are not stubborn like you are showing Maritsa. We care about people's feelings. We have an open mind and constantly check and double check to make sure we are doing the right thing for the right reasons at the right time in the right place etc. We do not want to have anything to feel guilty about, for if that occurs we can feel guilty forever. The only time I would say we are terribly over stubborn is when for reasons of faith/spirituality we have something that we hold onto as a truth.
    That may be true of some SEE but not all.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne-PoLRs... ESIs, LSIs who don't access their role function enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    EII/INFj's are not stubborn like you are showing Maritsa. We care about people's feelings. We have an open mind and constantly check and double check to make sure we are doing the right thing for the right reasons at the right time in the right place etc. We do not want to have anything to feel guilty about, for if that occurs we can feel guilty forever. The only time I would say we are terribly over stubborn is when for reasons of faith/spirituality we have something that we hold onto as a truth.
    The few EIIs I know seem to be that way, too. They really don`t seem stubborn. But even though I don`t think they are very compromising with their principles. Maybe it`s also about how one defines them. If not hurting others and preserving peaceful environment are principles themself, one probably will try to define other principles in a way, which doesn`t hurt them. The person might seem "compromising" in a way of giving up the principle, but they might only weight it against another principle...
    Last edited by anou; 04-03-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me. I'm continually frustrating my family, particularly my mom in this one. Once she started to say that I don't listen to anyone, then stopped and said, "No, I take that back. You listen. You listen to everyone. Then you just go ahead and do whatever you want."
    Wait, crap. I do that too. Minus the frustrating people part. I go along with them just enough to please them and then I ignore their half-baked suggestions and weak arguments and do whatever I think is best, haha. I've been accused of not listening on more than one occasion because of this.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what you guys are basically saying is that I probably have Ne PoLR, right? Well, I do have mustache.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what you guys are basically saying is that I probably have Ne PoLR, right? Well, I do have mustache.
    haha

I think different types can be uncompromising for different reasons and in different ways.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with the general verdict here that Rationals are more uncompromising than Irrationals. The impression that this is so is raised by the fact that Rationals make decisions more quickly and sooner than Irrationals do.

As long as Irrationals are in the state of being "undecided", they are easy to get along with, this is true. But when you want to get an Irrational to commit to an answer, they won't accept anything but the whole truth to what they can determine about the problem. This postponing of decision making they are known for is actually something that makes them more uncompromising, not less. It's here that Rationals more easily accept half baked answers and verdicts supplied by other people than Irrationals.

It's also the ability to compromise easily and without effort that makes Rationals decide more quickly than Irrationals. The typical "just go with what the rulebook says" approach that some Rational types are known for is a compromising attitude; it's all about granting something other than yourself control of the situation so you don't have to bother with making a complex decision.

As to the most uncompromising type, one that I haven't seen mentioned but still deserves to be is ESFp. An ESFp that knows what s/he wants is a real force to be reckoned with. Watch the Tudors for a great example of it:

BTW: for those interested in subtypes; Creating functions and Creating subtypes are the uncompromising, invested ones. It's the definition of Creating as far as I'm concerned.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I don't agree with the general verdict here that Rationals are more uncompromising than Irrationals. The impression that this is so is raised by the fact that Rationals make decisions more quickly and sooner than Irrationals do.

As long as Irrationals are in the state of being "undecided", they are easy to get along with, this is true. But when you want to get an Irrational to commit to an answer, they won't accept anything but the whole truth to what they can determine about the problem. This postponing of decision making they are known for is actually something that makes them more uncompromising, not less. It's here that Rationals more easily accept half baked answers and verdicts supplied by other people than Irrationals.

It's also the ability to compromise easily and without effort that makes Rationals decide more quickly than Irrationals. The typical "just go with what the rulebook says" approach that some Rational types are known for is a compromising attitude; it's all about granting something other than yourself control of the situation so you don't have to bother with making a complex decision.
    I totally agree with this!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rationals are also said to have an easier time adjusting to rules and discipline. This is also a matter of being able to compromise easily. A rule rarely tells you to do exactly what you wanted to do in the first place. To submit to one is to make a compromise.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Uncompromising" seems pretty subjective outside the general rational/irrational difference.

I am very uncompromising ideologically, and I view ESFp's as pretty compromising (the politician lol).
    The end is nigh

TIM
    NeFi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might get smacked for this, but it doesn't seem completely type related I feel like a mature person of any type can ultimately reach halfway or come to an understanding. Also, types might be uncompromising of certain things... I believe the stereotype would lead and leads to be the most stiff about things, but it think it's shared.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've seen SLIs like this.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I feel at my most "Rational" (~ socionics interpretation, not dictionary) I am taking shortcuts to making compromises. "Just going with the majority view" is an important part of it, but also "doing what the rulebook says", "telling people what they want to hear" (= instant shortcut to agreement).

Rationals are uncompromising when they explain situations and their understanding of concepts, not when they are making decisions, imo. (funny thing is, when you look at what I do on this forum, you see my uncompromising side)

Anyway, whatever. Just stating my opinion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice shortcut.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of thing rationals are compromising when they're the ones to accept the rules, but uncompromising when they're the ones enforcing these rules, and even more when they make them. Whereas irrationals neither submit nor subject others to so much rules with such dedication. Anyone can have principles they don't compromise on, so I don't include that (like morals or faith).

This is of course only relative difference and influenced by a lot of other factors, but that's how rational/irrational types seem to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck. SLE's are supposed to be that stubborn? I might change my type. I rarely give that much of a shit... about anything.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Fuck. SLE's are supposed to be that stubborn? I might change my type. I rarely give that much of a shit... about anything.
    you're probably iei then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rationals often come in with preconceived notions that are incredibly hard to dislodge. The most uncompromising type would have to be rational, unless one of their preconceived notions is already to be compromising -- say an LSI who's willing to yield to people with a more important role in some hierarchy he's a part of.

Anyway, in my experience Gamma rationals are very uncompromising. Which is sort of expected since I conflict with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast