Thread: Why is the ethics symbol shaped like an L?

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why is the ethics symbol shaped like an L?

... and not the Logic symbol?

That always bugged me.

Creepy-male

The Rational elements are based on squares. The "corner" of Ethics is actually a square (of Logic) with a piece missing, because apparently anyone with Ethics is retarded and a lesser human being, or something. I'm actually not sure what Augusta's reasoning was for making Ethics "Logic with a piece missing", but hopefully it wasn't *actually* what I stated

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L for == ethics?

Or maybe it's a test to see who's actually paying attention to the theory

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The Rational elements are based on squares. The "corner" of Ethics is actually a square (of Logic) with a piece missing, because apparently anyone with Ethics is retarded and a lesser human being, or something. I'm actually not sure what Augusta's reasoning was for making Ethics "Logic with a piece missing", but hopefully it wasn't *actually* what I stated
    Or maybe its the small logic square that is missing from the larger ethics block? Heh, no. But I think she meant that ethics is more intricately subjectively personalized, so there are technically more possibilities of which gateways could be switched open or closed in an judging sense, and the block isn't necessarily smaller than logic, especially ideologically. It just looks that way physically.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually remade 2 of the symbols a few months ago:

I turned the N element on its side to look like a play button symbolizing along the lines of "process," mentally, and the E element into a heart symbolizing basically what I think it should, elements of attraction, passion, desire, one's feelings, whatever you want to call it. I forgot the exact reason I did it. I also confirmed the other two as spot on, for whatever reason. I think S had to do with focus, or something. I wish I would have written it down. But I use the traditional ones anyhow; I'm sure there's a good reason for them.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ethics are always messier and more 'artistic' like than logic, or sensing. They are like eternally incomplete. It makes sense, that way I think.

logic is logic. there's no arguing with it. 2 plus 2 just equals 4. it's not OMG SHOULD WE LET FAGS GET MARRIED OR NOT?' sensing is also different. its just what you....sense. So it's a complete circle. and intuition as a triangle makes perfect sense cause that is what the charka in your head is like.

my brain as an infp is almost innately 'argue-like' I'd be a good lawyer.

Creepy-male

The Intuition triangle is actually inscribed within the Sensing circle (sirkle?) because it gets less of a complete picture than does Sensing, but it comes to sharp points of insight.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like this:

If it were a clock, S gets the whole day, and N skips ahead. But more realistic Ni valuers for example might be inclined to do more foreseeing. The actual metaphor goes for anything though, ideas. So Ni types aren't the only ones into foreseeing, and aren't all into foreseeing. I for one, don't really subscribe to such thoughts daily. My world is too inner focused.

Creepy-male

In tetris it takes two L's to complete a line thus symbolizing the cooperative/empathic nature of ethical types.

However blocks don't cooperate and in fact when combined with L's the results are catasrophic.

Possibly someone could draw up all the shapes and intertype theorys and explain our existance as merely an never-ending tetris game.

Either that or it was just chosen at the spur of the moment without much after-thought.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A missing piece makes the L more organic than a solid block of logic, proving once and for all that ethical types are cool and not squares.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

Creepy-male

[QUOTE=aixelsyd;622159]...Then Tetris is prejudiced against sensors![QUOTE]

thats why they invented tetrisphere

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to some Wikisocion article...

... and represent the cornerstone of feelings that everybody needs to flourish, a safe place where you can relax and enjoy your loved ones
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    In tetris it takes two L's to complete a line
    I usually see it taking 10 slots... two L's and a long piece, or two long pieces and a square.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All socionists being Logicals it was the last to be considered and the symmetrical symbols were ran out of, so the Ethicals got the shaft.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request