15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is perfect.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds more like something an ISTp would focus on, but the guy doesn't sound like an ISTp much at all. Maybe an ESTj, then. Shouldn't he be in a "what's this guy's type" thread rather than to be typed so dictatorially?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd recommend ESTj and ESFj. Creating-Si is the function with an interest in practical situations and tidbits of knowledge on how to deal with them. INTjs are characteristically known for hating to do the legwork on things like these, so they benefit a lot from it when someone takes the job off their hands:

Quote Originally Posted by socioniko.net
    3. Ascetic. He appears extremely uncompromising, often looks down with a piercing look from under his philosopher’s forehead. He toughens himself, training for the cold, starvation, losses and disapproval of others. The only aspect where he willingly concedes to his partner is the issue of dressing, taste and routine chores. The necessity to be responsible for these things irritates him. Usually he even does not notice the quality of his clothing.

Creepy-Cyclops

Re that quote, I worked with an LII/ESE duality. The ESE was always running around doing her stuff for her (both female).

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that this seems more like a Sensing thing. The tips and tricks described there do seem clever and admirably useful, but I'm usually too busy thinking about more abstract things to ever get around to implementing stuff like that.
    Quaero Veritas.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking that any kind of imagination == Ne, when in reality it is more like Imagination == ego functions. ESxjs are very resourceful when it comes to applying creativity and invention to their practical projects and I think this guy is an example of it.

If you compare him to the classical geniusses, he is much more similar to Leonardo Da Vinci (ESTj) than to Descartes or Immanuel Kant (INTjs).

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    LII shit, pretty cool:
    YouTube - kipkay's Channel
    Lol im subscribed to that fool, but I'd guess ISTp personally - ESTj isn't out of the question, but....

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have ten points if you can explain why are they geniuses.
    Their general level of acheivement relative to the standards of their days and age? A person can be labeled a genius for all kinds of reasons.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, IMO a genius is beyond measurements, so here is the problem that an established genius is not a genius because that can't be established.
    No problem establishing their genius status in hindsight. If a person was clearly ahead of their time by several standard measures, they qualify.

Is anyone else thinking Da Vinci was an LSE?
    Pretty sure that typing of him is common. I didn't spend much time pondering the issue to be honest. What I do know of him is that he was a practical man in many regards, perhaps more so than he loved theory.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wikipedia:
    Leonardo's approach to science was an observational one: he tried to understand a phenomenon by describing and depicting it in utmost detail, and did not emphasize experiments or theoretical explanation.
    Pretty much rules out ENTp. In fact, that is beginning to sound like the funny typing here.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The procrastination thing is a remnant of the MBTI. It doesn't work on me and probably doesn't work as a means of telling any rational apart from irrational.

Even in your own quotes, the extreme pervadence of practical work can't be ignored. The guy liked to take a hands on approach to everything. He was a gifted painter to top things off. That's a sensory skill if there ever was one.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

painter (sensory), sculptor(sensory), architect(mixed), musician(sensory), scientist(mixed, but his style was sensory as previously determined), mathematician(mixed, mostly just Logic), engineer(mixed), inventor(mixed), anatomist(mixed), geologist(mixed), botanist(mixed) and writer(mixed, sensory style of extreme detail)
    How does that indicate intuition?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor and geologist are Logical and usually N>S.
    but as we have had to determine countless times before, his style in all of these things was that of a sensor: detail oriented, practical and hands-on.