Thread: Type Thread Again

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type Thread Again

Any chance I'm not IEI? Just wonderin'. I've heard ILI as a suggestion...
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote you cool enough to be an honorary EII, although you probably aren't one in reality. Are you sure you're not Ni subtype? That might make more sense, if you're thinking ILI, than Fe subtype . . .

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no issue with IEI, being the Socionics expert that I am.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol no dude, not ILI. your a total feeler
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were ILI, I'd definitely be Ni subtype. I don't think there's anything wrong with IEI either, but

a) I think it's a good thing to question one's type every now and then, especially when one is comparatively new to socionics, as I still am
    b) I want to have to prove that I'm IEI, mostly to myself
    c) I really do want to remain open to alternate perspectives, even though I'm pretty confident of my type at the core (although I have considered both ILI and SEI), and
    d) I want attention. nom nom nom nom nom. Feed the black hole! nom nom nom nom nom.

("nom nom nom" is supposed to be an eating sound reminiscent of the cookie monster from sesame street, just fyi).

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Possibly SEI, EII, if not IEI-Fe. Ethical.

Have you considered E9? IEI-Fe E9w1?
    Yeah, I have. I consider it to be in my trifix (4-7-9), but I don't want to be E9, mostly, which is a big part of why I don't consider myself E9. E4 is probably more doubtful than IEI-Fe.

Why EII? And also, anything in particular that makes me clearly a feeling type? And also also, doesn't your name mean "necessity" or something, and is it by chance a reference to the Hunchback of Notre Dame?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ananke View Post
    Why don't you want to be an E9?
    Too cheery, too peaceful, too repressed. I can see that I've been that way to some degree in my life, but that's not a life strategy that I enjoy. I enjoy wallowing in my emotions, to a degree, even if it's unhealthy. I cling to the notion that I am special (realizing that special and damaged are sort of two sides of the same coin; damaged because you're special, special because you're damaged; pain and power--I use those as poetic tropes--as proof of one another). I do not cling to the notion that I'm really not angry. I know I'm angry. But I learned early on that expressions of said anger receive negative reactions from the people surrounding me.

I don't think you are one, but you seem emotionally more stable than most IEIs, in a way that is more typical of EIIs, at least superficially. However, you talk too much for an EII, so maybe IEE is even more probable. I still think you are IEI, but an E9w1. You seem positive outlook (E2, E7, E9) rather than reactive (E4, E6, E8). Correct me if I'm wrong.
    IEE is the other type I seriously considered when I first encountered socionics. In a general sense, perhaps "positive outlook" makes sense over "reactive," but can you explain to me further what these terms means in the context of the enneagram? I've studied it somewhat, but I haven't gotten half as deep into its concepts as I have into socionics, mostly because socionics is a little "safer" to me--enneagram is a lot closer to its occult/mystic roots. But it is also, perhaps because of that, much more broad in scope and perhaps even in power of poetic metaphor.

Your focus.

don't mistake intelligence for logics.
    Agreed. Concepts sans people are dreadfully boring. I only made physics work for me by connecting it to Walt Whitman.

It is a reminder to myself that I cannot escape. I can't ever be completely free as long as I live. There will always be something binding me out there, physically or mentally, even when I run.
    Feel free to ignore these ramblings, as they are probably only semi-coherent at this time of night, but... That sounds like no fun. But yes, you're technically right. Emerson (according to my idol Harold Bloom) made the trinity of logos, pathos and ethos into freedom, personality and character/destiny. I don't understand why logic is freedom, but I do understand how personality is different from character, and how character is in a sense destiny. I am more inclined to believe in this internalized source of limitation than an external source thereof. I don't want to believe in limits or the exterior force, the outer bound, but I realize that it exists. But I would like to feel completely free. I think complete freedom is possible, but only through God/Jesus Christ. I think that's part of the vague mysticism of my beliefs, although I don't want to become so mystical as to no longer be orthodox. To bring Christianity back around to Emerson, both senses of character are then appropriate for destiny, both the sense of "moral character" and the sense of "that which is unchangeable about the self/who I am."

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=silverchris9;623328]Too cheery, too peaceful, too repressed. I can see that I've been that way to some degree in my life, but that's not a life strategy that I enjoy. I enjoy wallowing in my emotions, to a degree, even if it's unhealthy. I cling to the notion that I am special (realizing that special and damaged are sort of two sides of the same coin; damaged because you're special, special because you're damaged; pain and power--I use those as poetic tropes--as proof of one another). I do not cling to the notion that I'm really not angry. I know I'm angry. But I learned early on that expressions of said anger receive negative reactions from the people surrounding me./QUOTE]

Dude, I can relate a lot to most of this. It feels like selling out or losing yourself in the desires of others. And maybe I am, because there are very few people I can wallow around. As for anger, I can tell I am, but for the most part I realize that when I feel most like expressing it it's a redirection of who or what I feel it for. I don't want people to judge me for a single moment where I was upset. Sometimes that divides people, which kind of startles me. Withholding anger is safer, but god you have to let it out sometime, somewhere. That you may or may not relate to.

Or something.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=munenori2;623343]
    Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Too cheery, too peaceful, too repressed. I can see that I've been that way to some degree in my life, but that's not a life strategy that I enjoy. I enjoy wallowing in my emotions, to a degree, even if it's unhealthy. I cling to the notion that I am special (realizing that special and damaged are sort of two sides of the same coin; damaged because you're special, special because you're damaged; pain and power--I use those as poetic tropes--as proof of one another). I do not cling to the notion that I'm really not angry. I know I'm angry. But I learned early on that expressions of said anger receive negative reactions from the people surrounding me./QUOTE]

Dude, I can relate a lot to most of this. It feels like selling out or losing yourself in the desires of others. And maybe I am, because there are very few people I can wallow around. As for anger, I can tell I am, but for the most part I realize that when I feel most like expressing it it's a redirection of who or what I feel it for. I don't want people to judge me for a single moment where I was upset. Sometimes that divides people, which kind of startles me. Withholding anger is safer, but god you have to let it out sometime, somewhere. That you may or may not relate to.

Or something.
    That is probably true, if you want to be a healthy person. But massive repression is also a viable strategy. So is my solution to everything, poetry (that is, if sublimation really does fix everything, which I don't think it does). I refused to punch pillows as a little kid. Too cliche.

But no, seriously, I get what you're saying. Agreed on not wanting to be judged for a single moment, although I suppose I wouldn't begrudge someone incorporating that moment into an overall picture of who I am. I was notorious for being "always happy" in high school, to the point that my friends *wanted* to see me get angry at someone, just to say that they'd seen it. That was kind of hilarious.

Maybe 9 really is a viable option, given all the anger/repression issues I have... but then, I'm not sure exactly how my matrix/maze of tropes (that is, my mind/soul) connects.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Any chance I'm not IEI? Just wonderin'. I've heard ILI as a suggestion...
    VI please.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html