Thread: Heavy Rain (game)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heavy Rain (game)

The thread title reads "type heavy rain" as if there would be some kind of initiative on your part in doing so, but there is a little surprise: i've done the typing for you.

Disclaimer: Heavy Rain is a work of fiction. Characters are typed to the extent they can be typed at all only.

Video with Madison first and Norman Jayden second:

Video with Scott Shelby and Lauren (interesting from 4:20):

Jayden, Blake and some lunatic ENFj:

Ethan Mars and some INTj psychologist, also with Shaun Mars @ 5:00:

Ethan Mars: INFj - very sensitive, capable of going through anything to save his sons. Lives by a clear schedule and is a very caring father.
    Scott Shelby: INTp - a calm and controlled guy who is not afraid of getting his hands dirty. Has extreme planning skills while also showing a compassionate side. Says about himself "tact isn't exactly my strong suit".
    Madison: ESTj - physically confident, rides a motorcycle. Fits the image of a tough woman while not being violent in any kind of initiative taking way.
    Norman Jayden: ISTp - a capable investigator with great attention to detail. Holds his own in physical fights despite being bodily unimposing. Initially seems to lack Se but flares up when the need arises.
    Officer Blake: ESFp - highly aggressive, quick to judge, trigger happy. Gets in trouble for being too brash about things. Tries to finger innocents to get the investigation out of the way. Very good at playing social power games. Portrayed as a villain.
    Lauren: INFp - another sensitive character, but far less mature in her attitude than Ethan Mars. Carries herself quite youthfully. Generally too melodramatic to be ISFp and too subdued to be ENFj.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're in for a treat. This game is invasive. It will leave you deeply traumatized (in a good way).

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    You're in for a treat. This game is invasive. It will leave you deeply traumatized (in a good way).
    THANKS FOR THE SPOILERS ASSHAT
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of person clicks a thread named "type heavy rain" when they're afraid of spoilers?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with almost all the typings, except Blake, which looked more ESTx to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTps are calmer than he is. ESTps focus on controlling the situation, manipulating it in a subtle way despite direct. ESFps are far more carnal in their reactions, far more likely to show their true colors. Blake is definitely of the second variety.

BTW: Blake is like a carbon copy of Al Pacino's (typed ESFp across the board) character in Heat:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

And you're not seriously suggesting he is an Si valuing type, right? Get off it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another argument: the thing in the third movie is basically a hypertypical case of weak Ti in ESFps. The guy is behaving like a complete nutcase. He causes the killing of a suspect of the murder and fingers the guy unduely to boot. Everything about the move is antithetical to controlled planning and intelligent manipulation. An ESTp would never have lost control like that.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

Another argument: the thing in the third movie is basically a hypertypical case of weak Ti in ESFps. The guy is behaving like a complete nutcase. He causes the killing of a suspect of the murder and
    uhh not neccessarily.

just got the game, it fuckin rocks. so gotdamn intense, wow. finished it earlier today..

I agree with you no blake

blakes an idiot, and emotionally agressive, abrasive, and logically incompetant idiot. all he cares about is nailing the case at the expense of the truth, his emotions generally fly off the handle. unhealthy ESFp

thats the only one I can say with any certainty. Im just going to take wild guesses here:

Ethan Mars: INFp - Has an all or nothing approach when it comes to the situation, emotional. There is something innocent about him, broken. I actually dont think hes good at keeping schedules. An example of this is how hes always late to pick up his son. He has weak and unvalued Te IMO, he also appears to struggle as a father. He isnt out contemplating possibilities about the situation, as much as his focus was concentrated on what would happen.

Scott Shelby: ISTp - This man in particular has fucking fantastic detail attention. an INTp probably would have been caught trying to do what he was pulling off, or maybe not even getting around to it <_<. Of course theres going to be some Ni use in carrying out things he does, however I dont think its his general focus. Stealthy, efficient in what he does. Leaves no trace of anything. Again, I dont think he prepares or focuses on outcomes, hes just so good at what he does that it seems like hes an intuitive. Nostalgic, has deep empathy. Can be aggressive, I have a hard time seeing gamma values for him. I can see the delta in him, shattered from childhood.

Norman Jayden: ISFp - Good at keeping his cool when he needs to, definitely conscerned with ethics and relationships. Has a good awareness of Fe and Fi, generally polite but says what is on his mind. Strong outward reaction to things. Drug use, disregards or does not think of how negatively it can or does affect him. Doesnt trust Blake which is suposedly common of extinguishment. At one point was going to finger him for the crime. Apalled by Blakes Se use, feels blake is manipulative.

Officer Blake: ESFp - Obvious reasons

Random guesses. The thing about this game is so much of who they are and how they act is based off your choices, seperating that into who they are apart from that is about tricky.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethan Mars: INFp - Has an all or nothing approach when it comes to the situation, emotional. There is something innocent about him, broken. I actually dont think hes good at keeping schedules. An example of this is how hes always late to pick up his son. He has weak and unvalued Te IMO, he also appears to struggle as a father. He isnt out contemplating possibilities about the situation, as much as his focus was concentrated on what would happen.
    I see him as something of a paragon of maturity, like a real saint. He just doesn't have an Fe type's ideosyncratic passions. He also quite boring, "normal", in most other regards, which INFj are and INFps are not.

Scott Shelby: ISTp
    Maybe. I strongly vibe-type him as intuitive, but am not sure how to argue the point.

Norman Jayden: ISFp
    I don't really ever see emotions really getting ahold of him. His logical abilities run like a red thread through the story to the point I don't think they can be denied. Calling him ISFp means saying Te is his PoLR. I could think of a few F typings that I would tolerate, but downplaying his practical logic to this extent is too much.

Anyway, I appreciate the input, but these are my opinions as they are.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really ever see emotions really getting ahold of him. His logical abilities run like a red thread through the story to the point I don't think they can be denied. Calling him ISFp means saying Te is his PoLR. I could think of a few F typings that I would tolerate, but downplaying his practical logic to this extent is too much.
    lol, yeah good point. I can see what your saying about the other characters too.. either way anyone looking for an epic, emotion ride should get this.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this available for Xbox 360?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS3 exclusive.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the videos I've watched till now, I think Ethan shows a clear Fi > Fe preference, so I agree with the INFj typing. Norman's character seems consistent with ISTp, and my initial impression of Scott was along the lines of Te EJ.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my initial impression of Scott was along the lines of Te EJ.
    He is very heavy on Te, so I can understand part of the origin of that typing. As to how to proceed, no matter where one turns there's a roadblock. ENTj is one of the most positive and happy types in the socion, which doesn't mix with Scott at all. ESTj would make Ni his PoLR, which makes no sense in light of the kind of chaos magic tricks he pulls through the story. On top of all this, there isn't much of a reason to call him extrovert.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFj was a gut typing for Ethan. Not sure about the others, but I could see Madison as ego.

Favorite character story was Norman Jayden's(especially for the technology). It's definitely a worthwhile game, low replay value though.

EDIT: Actually I think Ethan is either ENTj or INFj.
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 01-21-2012 at 01:50 AM.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...just got done watching the videos, never expected the game to look -that- good...No wonder it had so many good reviews.

Gonna buy it first chance I get.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee The Great View Post
    Wow...just got done watching the videos, never expected the game to look -that- good...No wonder it had so many good reviews.

Gonna buy it first chance I get.
    I'd try to rent or borrow instead of buy (do rental places still exist?) It was good, but I didn't think it was THAT good. It was more of a Choose Your Own Adventure book, and could have been more exciting.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I'd try to rent or borrow instead of buy (do rental places still exist?) It was good, but I didn't think it was THAT good. It was more of a Choose Your Own Adventure book, and could have been more exciting.
    Yea borrow if you can.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I've got a looong movie to watch today. Hooray. I'll come back and throw out some typing feedback I suppose

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atlast View Post
    I guess I've got a looong movie to watch today. Hooray. I'll come back and throw out some typing feedback I suppose
    Hooray. Yay. Mirror.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was alright. Probably exceptional for a mystery/adventure game. The best things about it were the dark rainy detective feel and the interesting characters of Ethan and Scott. The music was pretty captivating too. However I thought the dynamics and logic of the scenes weren't executed that well a lot of times, it had me sorta face-palming. I came back to watch the rest really because of the main character and the mysterious atmosphere it had to it, sentimentally quaint I would say, combined with the good graphics; I think that's something special. Looked like it would be a slightly boring game to play, though it's cool that there are many possible endings/scenarios, but I watched this version on youtube here:

There's this other game on PS2 I played that was kinda like this, a movie-like mystery game where you chose different paths as the dynamics evolved. Forgot the name. edit: that's right, Indigo Prophecy. I'm gonna have to try out L.A. Noire next.
    Last edited by 717495; 01-27-2012 at 01:01 AM.