Thread: Accepting/Producing Subtypes of SLIs and IEEs

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Accepting/Producing Subtypes of SLIs and IEEs

What, in your experience, do you find to be the differences between accepting and producing varieties of the above types?

Also, in your experience, what seems to stay consistent between the two types? As in, what behaviors seem to apply to every, or almost every ISTp and/or ENFp you know, if there are any?
    Last edited by Default; 03-06-2010 at 11:01 PM.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default View Post
    What, in your experience, do you find to be the differences between accepting and producing varieties of the above types?

Also, in your experience, what seems to stay consistent between the two types? As in, what behaviors seem to apply to every, or almost every ISTp and/or ENFp you know, if there are any?
    I don't know much about subtypes, or really have put that much effort in understanding what they mean. As for your second question, it depends on how you see Socionics... Do you see it as a model that is open for change, or a model that is already accurate? If you are in the second category, then by definition, you would just rely on type descriptions by renowned socionists. The theory is that ISTp/IEE will have certain specific personality traits that are unique to them, because if there weren't any, you wouldn't have distinct types. I think that the best way to answer your question is to just read about what people say in the forum (with a grain of salt) about these types and then compare it to what you encounter irl.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I should probably look around. It's a lot to read through, though, haha.

I'm just curious as to what people have discovered for themselves.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

difference between accepting and producing is the same as in general.

Accepting: if they talk it seems as if they talk for themselves and let others listen along.
    Producing: they are more talking to others, as if they are trying to persuade them.

SLI-Si: very cool and laid back, sharp edged face, read your face when looking. The aesthetic subtype. Social yet still a thrill seeker

SLI-Te: Less socially developed, the mechanic subtype

IEE-Ne: extremely talkative, strange, weird, emotional, hurt, dominant, healthcare subtype

IEE-Fi: more laid back, cool, charming, don juan subtype

questions?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why then there is a theory that Ne subtype is more shy than Fi subtype for example? What would be the basis for it?

Seems people have polarizing views on Fi/Ne subtypes. One say its Ne, others its Fi.
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion Accepting/Producing is not a very useful subtype system. You should rather think about DCNH...

D-SLI: bouncer
    C-SLI: hedonist
    N-SLI: athlete
    H-SLI: pacifist

D-IEE: slob
    C-IEE: madman
    N-IEE: advsisor
    H-IEE: spiritualist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    In my opinion Accepting/Producing is not a very useful subtype system. You should rather think about DCNH...

what is DCNH?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ssmall View Post
    Why then there is a theory that Ne subtype is more shy than Fi subtype for example? What would be the basis for it?
    from my own experience... I don't know any IEE that are shy.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    from my own experience... I don't know any IEE that are shy.
    Maybe because the shy ones aren't as noticeable or aren't as out there. Or maybe you just dont realize some shy people around you are IEEs. Or maybe the shy ones don't come across as shy to you. I know people who know me well are surprised when I describe myself as shy. For me, shyness depends on who is around me and what the venue is.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Maybe because the shy ones aren't as noticeable or aren't as out there. Or maybe you just dont realize some shy people around you are IEEs. Or maybe the shy ones don't come across as shy to you. I know people who know me well are surprised when I describe myself as shy. For me, shyness depends on who is around me and what the venue is.
    I don't dispute that they exist. I just haven't seen them so I cannot say anything about it

I know one shy SEE and ESE, so I agree that extraverts can be shy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be very shy (practically mute!) but I was always the same IEE underneath that. Now I'm very outgoing/talkative. Before I was the same but hid my extrovertness due to the shyness.

I think the Ne subs may be more aloof seeming, which could cause them to seem more "introverted/shy-ish." The Fi more immediately concerned w/ people's personal issues.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I used to be very shy (practically mute!) but I was always the same IEE underneath that. Now I'm very outgoing/talkative. Before I was the same but hid my extrovertness due to the shyness.

I think the Ne subs may be more aloof seeming, which could cause them to seem more "introverted/shy-ish." The Fi more immediately concerned w/ people's personal issues.
    Jewels how did u become more outgoing?

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't speak for Jewel, but I feel that I become much more extroverted when I'm in an environment I trust and around people whose company I enjoy.

Also I tentatively agree with the sentiment of Ne-ENFps seeming more aloof and Fi-ENFps seeming more concerned with people.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    I can't speak for Jewel, but I feel that I become much more extroverted when I'm in an environment I trust and around people whose company I enjoy.

Also I tentatively agree with the sentiment of Ne-ENFps seeming more aloof and Fi-ENFps seeming more concerned with people.
    Yeah Arctures, i'm just like that. But Jewels seems to be referring to generally having become more outgoing than she used to be, which I aspire to. don't know if it's in my nature though. . .gotta stay true to myself.

As far as the subtypes, I feel that I go back and forth between seeming aloof and appearing more concerned with people (though when i'm aloof i'm still concerned with people, I just dont look it )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jewels how did u become more outgoing?
    Well it was back in HS...I'd been known as "the girl who doesn't talk" through much of school.

So then I realized when I went to a new high school (where I knew next to no one), that if i didn't talk it'd be social suicide and my life would be hell. It scared me more than talking, so I forced myself to start talking to random people, which felt pretty awful for a while. I remember almost saying "that's a cool pencil" for an hour to someone at my table. I'd open my mouth to say it, and then not say it...for an hour! Then, I finally said it -- I remember feeling like I was throwing myself off of a cliff. It was the first time I just made a comment like that.

It then took about 2-3 years to really get comfortable with talking, trying to seem like I was "normal." Then I eventually got used to it and now am more outgoing than most people i know.

But I was always outgoing under the shyness problem. At home I was very talkative. Just outside of my house I'd go into shy mode. Most IEEs (though maybe quiet) aren't that shy! So not too many conclusions about IEEs can be drawn from my experience, I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's pretty much exactly like me, right down to the nickname. lol
    IEE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah actually I resonate with a lot of what u wrote too Jewels. I guess I am more outgoing than I used to be too. And less shy in terms of speaking my mind if I see the need, but quiet especially when i'm in Ne mood and have a lot of thoughts and reflections going on. I will still sometimes have to force myself to reach out and connect verbally with a person unfamiliar to me though. Sometimes their demeanor makes it easier. I really think it's an issue of trust and being selective about who I interact with. Once I know they are good people and friendly, out comes the Fi and I start babbling.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JohnDo, if you could elaborate upon those descriptions, that'd be helpful. I don't really find them to be effectual descriptions, if at all.

It seems that a consensus hasn't been reached
    So, who's generally more extraverted in the MBTI sense, Fi-ENFp or Ne-ENFp?

Quiet ENFps, from the looks of it, seem a lot more common than I originally assumed. I was, and maybe still am reluctant to type someone as an IEE because she isn't exactly all that outgoing or talkative as I imagined IEEs to be ... I get along with her extremely well, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"So, who's generally more extraverted in the MBTI sense, Fi-ENFp or Ne-ENFp?"

Oh I'd say Fi-ENFps are more "extroverted" for sure. My story was about being shy, which is separate from all of this.

And while ENFps can be quiet, when thinking of Ne things, pondering, etc., I still talk a whole LOT compared to an introvert.

TIM
    Fi-IEE Sx/so 739
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, alright. Which subtype do you consider yourself to be, Jewels?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sometimes very shy. Sometimes I'm very, very outgoing. Depends on whom I with, where I am etc. When I'm in a new environment, I like to find out who's who and what's what before getting too involved. Once I start to get comfortable with the whole dynamic I tend to get more involved.
    IEE-Ne

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as the subtypes, I feel that I go back and forth between seeming aloof and appearing more concerned with people (though when i'm aloof i'm still concerned with people, I just dont look it )
    Well the thing is that ENFps are delightful combinations of aloofness and people-concern to begin with. I personally am still trying to find a good definition for what a subtype is meant to denote and what defines them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, alright. Which subtype do you consider yourself to be, Jewels?
    Fi.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post

John, where did you find this? Do you have a link? I'm in the middle of discovering a dual friendship with what I think is the bouncer subtype. I'd like to have a source to reference my experience to.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I just go by the inert/contact dichotomy.