Thread: 'universal' functional manifestations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'universal' functional manifestations

it seems to me that when i get stressed out to a great degree i do not seek out, get relaxed by, or even enjoy rather i seek out, get energized by, and enjoy . because i do not get relaxed by it however i enter into a continuous cycle of seeking out more and more until I recieve so much that mental processing ceases (note: this can be either a very good or very bad thing). after that i DO need, enjoy, and seek out . i am more easily satisfied when in that state but eventually the lack of stimulation starts the loop once more OR just general life gets it going once again. i do not think this is related to types at all. i think this is a general manifestation of "S" behavior in all persons and what varies is the who what when where and why type things that cause satisfaction, non-satisfaction, and dissatisfaction. in general NJs seem to have the lowest threshhold for this sort of stimulation and when in these situations go through this cycle more quickly than any of the other types. the way enxjs and inxjs do this differs (i will not elaborate on how) but they both share a low-tolerance for and quasi-avoidance of this material. after them are the NPs who have the 2nd lowest tolerance for this but are intrigued by the disturbance it causes in them and seek it out in small doses (relative to the way an S dominant person in their position would). next are the SJs who have a fairly high tolerance for but avoidant response to such factors and lastly of course are the SPs who have the highest tolerance for and who most seek out this (for lack of a better word) stuff.

because of this i posit that the "dual" (only in the sense of one who would tacitly expand your ability to deal with a multitude of situations) of an particular type would actually be a very rare form of one's conflictor/dual who can manage to provoke one's PoLR (in the case of auxiliary function and possibly creative subtypes) or PoLR (in the case of first function and possibly accepting subtypes) in small mediated doses in order to knowingly cause disturbance which can then be satisfied/quenched with heaps of estimative function or suggestive function stimulation (respectively).

i also think this occurs along multiple axes for example an entj who is EJ dominant would benefit most from an IP dominant person and vice versa.

problems:

why don't anti-dominant mentality relations typically work out? what about the differences between quadra value persons and quadra value persons in the above example in terms of both expression and reception of SP (again for lack of a better word) stuff?

#1: there is an inability to communicate one's thought process in both directions because of a lack of habitually practicing this ability. the differences could be mitigated by more varied life experience, better ability to communicate, and a higher energy environment in which thought processes flow together more evenly. i think this is why enfx types are more likely than others to have these sorts of problems mitigated and be able to interact with many forms of personalities easily though I think infjs are the true masters of this technique (as mentioned elsewhere) in one-on-one situations. infps are quite close behind in larger group settings.

#2: i believe these differences are over dramaticized in socionics and the way in which model A is constructed makes us think in "vs." terms moreso than one who is unfamiliar with socionics would. i think it would be better to consider Si/e differences are the equivalent of Pi/e differences until such a time that more empirical methodologies can elaborate on how wide the gap between these various processes is in a laboratory environment that uses inanimate test subjects.

now what?:

i would like to hear persons elaborate on how the differences (and similarities if one so wishes) between any two categories of persons affect them. for example EJs discussing how Ij/p or types with a creative dominant function affect them.

thank you for listening to me bitch and moan

/end rant

p.s.

i realize that socionics does not provide for all the schisms possible within the human mind and as always gladly seek out new terms for delineations (make up a word if you want!) that i recognize but have no means to express such as the shared characteristics between PeJe dominants or what have you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this works for all functions and not just sensing.

I also think that it is only natural to seek out the PoLR first, but because of it's unsure nature, you have to sooth it over with the Hidden Agenda. But the H.A. only comes out when you get frustrated. If your PoLR is NOT abused then there is no H.A.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    i thought i said that multiple times :/ forgive my lack of clarity

also you must include "functions" like En or Es which are not the equivalent of Ne or Se

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    i thought i said that multiple times :/ forgive my lack of clarity

also you must include "functions" like En or Es which are not the equivalent of Ne or Se
    "i do not think this is related to types at all."

Then what did you mean by that?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i do not think it is a property of intjs. i think everyone seeks out stimulation and crashes when they get too much the difference is in the threshold you are capable of. an intj in an culture will have a higher one than an Ji living in a rural isolated community of 15-30 people. see what i mean?

the nj/np/sj/sp thing is for people with relatively equal levels of in their system

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default -I Did Not Understand.

it seems to me that when i get stressed out to a great degree i do not seek out, get relaxed by, or even enjoy rather i seek out, get energized by, and enjoy . because i do not get relaxed by it however i enter into a continuous cycle of seeking out more and more until I recieve so much that mental processing ceases (note: this can be either a very good or very bad thing). after that i DO need, enjoy, and seek out . i am more easily satisfied when in that state but eventually the lack of stimulation starts the loop once more OR just general life gets it going once again. i do not think this is related to types at all. i think this is a general manifestation of "S" behavior in all persons and what varies is the who what when where and why type things that cause satisfaction, non-satisfaction, and dissatisfaction. in general NJs seem to have the lowest threshhold for this sort of stimulation and when in these situations go through this cycle more quickly than any of the other types. the way enxjs and inxjs do this differs (i will not elaborate on how) but they both share a low-tolerance for and quasi-avoidance of this material. after them are the NPs who have the 2nd lowest tolerance for this but are intrigued by the disturbance it causes in them and seek it out in small doses (relative to the way an S dominant person in their position would). next are the SJs who have a fairly high tolerance for but avoidant response to such factors and lastly of course are the SPs who have the highest tolerance for and who most seek out this (for lack of a better word) stuff.

And so it goes on and on...
    “I did not understand, please repeat." – used to say Sergey Korolyov, the mastermind of the Soviet space technology. Few of Soviet top executives had the guts to ask this from Beria, the head of the Soviet secret police.
    http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index-type.html

Dear Beria
    Could you please put this in plain English, please?
    I am afraid you all just get lost in this "sociobabble". When you take things to this level of abstraction the symbols take on a life of their own - lose their connection with reality and start communicating only with each other. What I want to know is: what is it that you do in which situations - how and why - what do you feel, think, sense and intuit. Then I can easily put the functions together in my own mind and we can all be sure we are on the same page. Otherwise these threads easily become just another real life demonstration of the Emperor's New Clothes.

Yours Truly
    Logically Challenged
    (ESTP inside)
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: -I Did Not Understand.

Yesterday I was out in the sun all day doing various things that got me tired and weary. I came home seeking relaxation but could not find it so I threw myself into many activities trying to distract myself from sensations of tiredness because I wanted to enjoy the time I had left in the day. I ended up wearing myself out (in a good way) able to sleep well in exhaustion without the frustration of stress caused by lack of rest impeding me from sleeping at all or poorly. this sort of thing is a frequent occurance when i involve myself with others/difficult matters for too long because the process of translating my thoughts becomes tedious. this also happens when i am engaged in vigorous physical activity because the body gets tired from work but needs release from all the strain as well. this also happens in thousands of other situations which i am sure i am forgetting and/or am unaware of.

i cannot elaborate on how i would "typically react" as i think the same situation could cause many different reactions depending on a lot of factors such as the state i was in prior to the activity, how much i typically have done the activity recently, how i prepared myself (if at all), whether or not i used means to facilitate the activity, etc etc

also i will not reveal too much information because of my suggestive function being so sensitive awww

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Logically Challenged
    stop doing that shit, it is annoying.

your supervisee,

-pedro-teh-lione

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I Do Understand

also i will not reveal too much information because of my suggestive function being so sensitive awww
    Why is everyone so paranoid these days? It is impossible to analyze people if we do not get any juicy tales. I miss all the good posts you deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Logically Challenged
    stop doing that shit, it is annoying.

your supervisee,

-pedro-teh-lione
    OK, not anymore, the joke wears thin quickly too, but you get the point, I hope.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i'll try. damn those old posts. i was a mess