Thread: Thoughts on Duality; The Illusions of Socionics

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thoughts on Duality; The Illusions of Socionics

How I see it now, duals are like keys or shortcuts. Duals provide you the keys to live as the best person that you can possibly be. If your at a place where you cant take advantage of that, dont realize it, or refuse to, or close yourself off then the key doesn't get used. The shortcut isnt taken and your life remains the same. So in the sense that with duality comes happiness, that its injected into your life, I dont think thats the case. Its a choice of whether you let that in or not.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    How I see it now, duals are like keys or shortcuts. Duals provide you the keys to live as the best person that you can possibly be. If your at a place where you cant take advantage of that, dont realize it, or refuse to, or close yourself off then the key doesn't get used. The shortcut isnt taken and your life remains the same. So in the sense that with duality comes happiness, that its injected into your life, I dont think thats the case. Its a choice of whether you let that in or not.
    I like this... I'll say more later, when I'm not exhausted, but wanted to say that this is very true imo.

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite your constant inappropriate rudeness to me, I have to admit this is VERY well said.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so first you have to get a dual partner to have a dual relationship.

I didn't know that.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fd;fds;f;dsfs
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the bold is very true.

A very "good dual" of mine was pointing out things that I simply didn't get because I was so unaccustomed to seeing things that way, and even though I was trying to understand it, it actually took me a while to figure some things out. So I think a large part of things is you being properly open, willing, and able to receive things. If you're lucky, your dual will stay around and work with you to get there. But that's certainly not a given, just like it is not a given that you'll care enough to see the value in certain perspectives or ways of thinking that can be EXTREMELY different from your own..... even if they are eerily similar or "other side of the coin"-ish.