View Poll Results: How do you feel about ILIs jokes?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, ILI jokes dont make sense to me

1 4.76%
  • I get what the ILI is trying to do, it's just not funny

10 47.62%
  • I understand the ILIs jokes and I find them funny

10 47.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ILIs and jokes which dont make sense to anyone but themselves

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILIs and jokes which dont make sense to anyone but themselves

Is there a connection? You decide

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish threads about ILIs would stop being so relevant these days.

My option is both A and B, depending.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah.. I chose B.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think B is more commonly perceived, as a joke. A is more personal, and usually perceived through the self, such as laughing at instances in one's head that no one else would understand: which actually ties back to B, because if they told it as a joke, it would not be funny. Not a very bright humor, these caped wolves.

An example I can think of is one laughing at oneself walking in a snow storm. Or eating an oatmeal cookie that dries the throat.

I also think this sort of humor is tied to other Gammas.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

A or C, depending.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best ILI jokes are not jokes. 75% B. Split the rest between A and C.
    Someone post an ILI comedian if they know of one.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scott Adams is either ILI or LIE, though not a standup comedian. He is standing up in this video here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKRAy4Rr_SE"]YouTube- Dilbert Creator Scott Adams Speaks Very Funny[/ame]

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, basically you have the gist of it right there, speaking for myself and a few others. (There should be a feature to post this after all of your posts, then it will account for most.)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    The best ILI jokes are not jokes. 75% B. Split the rest between A and C.
    Someone post an ILI comedian if they know of one.
    ILI-Te subtypes have good humor, it's even written in the subtype description.

ILI-Ni have sometimes good humor, though some are really weird and boring so I get what you are saying.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I choose C. My dad is one and hes funny as hell.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    ILI-Te subtypes have good humor, it's even written in the subtype description.

ILI-Ni have sometimes good humor, though some are really weird and boring so I get what you are saying.
    Yes, I agree and ESE love humor that's why they mistake them for their dual.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously post some ILI humour, I'm hating on a particular ILI, yes probably Ni, who's jokes always fall flat.

This "just don't think ILIs are good at telling jokes as they are making a joke of something which can be executed well by sudden, subtle comments.

But if joke jokes are meant 'telling a joke,' I would say it's not so much an ILI thing. "

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I choose C. My dad is one and hes funny as hell.
    Hell is far from funny.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Seriously post some ILI humour, I'm hating on a particular ILI, yes probably Ni, who's jokes always fall flat.

This "just don't think ILIs are good at telling jokes as they are making a joke of something which can be executed well by sudden, subtle comments.

But if joke jokes are meant 'telling a joke,' I would say it's not so much an ILI thing. "
    They like family relational humor, with people interacting not cartoons or drawings. Ask an ESE, they will have more words to offer then I
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I rarely have gotten positive responses from ESEs on my sense of humor. Either it's too weird or too offensive as I tend towards biting sarcasm and crassness.

What I find that is if I try to be funny, it's not funny. If you don't try, it's likely to be found funny, especially when it wasn't really meant to be funny. Though I often find this true about humor in general with the exception of an SEE I know who tries to be funny and succeeds. I am not counting professional comedians who are funny (hopefully) by profession and by training.
    Yes somewhat, very sarcastic just like ESTj, but ESTj stop when they realize they may say something offensive (in this regard they try to look like ESFj, but can't be because their values stop them from sayint really serious sarcastic stuff, plus they a are serious type) about a person's nationality while ESFj's will just say it without thinking. Bill Maher is ESFj I believe- watch his humor.

So, I ran into my boss's wife an ILI, at the grocery store parking lot; I looked at her car and thought that it looked like a Honda and I said, "Hi, I didn't recognize you. I thought you drove a BMW, this looks like a Honda." She went and told her husban an ESE, "I ran into Maritsa at the grocery parking and she told me that my car looks like a Honda. Well, that was money well spent." That is ILI humor.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 03-02-2010 at 07:26 PM.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-cinq

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    There are all kinds of ILI 'jokes' assuming humor is meant. Some only make sense to themselves and fall flat. Others are more quips or things said at the precisely right moment which can cause a snicker fit from others. I used to make plenty of 'fall flat' jokes but have better awareness. I tend towards the latter, though, and usually get positive responses. While gammas seem to appreciate it the most, it's not limited. I just don't think ILIs are good at telling jokes as they are making a joke of something which can be executed well by sudden, subtle comments.

But if joke jokes are meant 'telling a joke,' I would say it's not so much an ILI thing.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    ILI-Ni have sometimes good humor, though some are really weird and boring.
    True.

I think Jeremy Hotz is ILI, or at least his comedic persona is. At minimum plr

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously post some ILI humour

have you ever used socionics to help you heal a relationship?

yes, I ran away from my ESE girlfriend.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching that video I am inclined to believe that Scott Adams is actually Fe leading. Not only was he in control of the environment, but he took a possibly offensive joke and made it relatively harmless. But then, Dilbert is the very definition of Merry. That comic finds the humor in everyday life that is not how Te works.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, this is the greatest comedian of Croatia. INTp from what I can tell. Anyone wants to VI him? He's quite good, objectively speaking, because many laugh at him.
    but... but... he seems totally to me... I don't understand what he's saying but my guess would be SEI or something.

Also Larry David and Rowan Atkinson come to mind. I think they're INTps too. Especially Atkinson.
    I kinda have a hard time buying Atkinson as ILI as well, but that's just off the top of my head.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    but... but... he seems totally to me... I don't understand what he's saying but my guess would be SEI or something.
    He's telling everyone his fat cells have invaded his brain and if nobody feeds him in the next 15 minutes he's going to be forced to lose some weight. It's not a joke, but everyone laughs. Hope that clears everything up.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate woody allen btw...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Maybe it's a coincidence that ILIs I know who make jokes are overconfident, fake and try to pose as social, popular guys or distinguished weirdos (eg. hardcore nerds, like niffweed or Woody Allen).
    This sounds more like an alpha NT/weak+valued Fe trait in my opinion. The INTps I knew were considerably more subdued in their humor than the alphas I know, more assuming that the content of the joke would take priority over the way the joke was said/made. Conversely, I've known quite a few ENTps, maybe an INTj or two, who seemingly try too hard to be funny, such as the way you described.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    i get the impression that neither allen nor atkinson are ILI. larry david is, possibly, ILI - i love his sense of humor (when he's not repeating jokes)
    But Woody Allen and Larry David are clones

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    LOL, so it means it's not necessarily Serious-related. But whatever, something about him sucks hard.
    yes
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woody allen and niffweed
    very similar to me

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the question at hand, I find that INTp humor tends to be sort of mocking in nature, pointing out the inherently stupid/negative aspects of something. I can get this kind of humor when I'm in the right mindset, but when I'm bombarded with it it just becomes overkill to me.

On a related note, Dylan Moran is the best comedian who ever lived.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Dylan Moran's routine in super Ni, because all of his ideas bleed together as one cohesive stream of thought. It's as if in his mind, everything is inherently connected to each other and nothing can be separated. So it's like you watch his routine, he starts on cigarettes and eventually slides into something about Irish people or child-rearing and you have no idea how he got there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be fair larry david is funny as hell

Creepy-female

How come there is not the option that ILI jokes don't make sense to me but I still find them funny?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

popular ILI : P

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being ILI is the ultimate joke.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI comedians seem rather common, ILIs are pretty good at telling jokes- it's kind of ironic, they hate the gay thing where ppl are forced/encouraged to laugh in public, like that very typical Fe sitcommy atmosphere, but that's exactly what happens anyway and what they attract when they try to speak... becuz it's their polr. Yeah it tends to be biting and cynical. ILIs often can say something really mean and cruel ((whether it's a joke or not)) but also it has this 'now fuck me even harder and say something even meaner than I did in return' vibe because of their "victim" energy.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    I think that guy might have been a disciple of this one :

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, I misread the poll results and voted that I understand ILI jokes to be contrarian. I should've voted that I don't understand my own jokes.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I feel like Dylan Moran's routine in super Ni, because all of his ideas bleed together as one cohesive stream of thought. It's as if in his mind, everything is inherently connected to each other and nothing can be separated. So it's like you watch his routine, he starts on cigarettes and eventually slides into something about Irish people or child-rearing and you have no idea how he got there.

Potential sequence of concepts:
    -Cigarettes.
    -Cool, rebellious people.
    -Rebellious people.
    -Rebellious white people.
    -Rebellious white people who fought against England.
    -Alcohol.
    -Broken family.
    -Child rearing.

I couldn't watch the video due to it being unavailable.
    Last edited by Clarke; 10-28-2022 at 05:11 AM.

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by may View Post

popular ILI : P
    Here's a potential problem. Considering photons seem to act oddly intelligently (photons move differently in a split light experiment depending on where they're being observed), how do we know that the light is actually moving when it's being shined from the car? What if it simply appears?

I don't think that this theory works due to our knowledge of space and the apparent speed of light. We seem to be looking at things back in time.

I generally don't know if this theory has been disproven.

Edit: Basically imagine the following situation. Something exists between point A and point B, and there's particles or something that can be activated in between. When something's triggered, the particles activate, and simultaneously a beam of light forms.

This idea was inspired by a video game weapon I think.

This post has been generally edited. I removed something that said that the theory was supported because light behaves like a wave and a particle. I wasn't understanding the definitions of wave and particle correctly. I think the implications of that theory are that a photon travels as a particle, which behaves like a wave. It travels forward/outward, like a pond ripple. I thought of it more as the wave would spontaneously appear for some reason.

Edit 2: Wait a second. Electrons exist in a cloud around an atom's nucleus. We don't know the exact location of an electron at any given time.

Edit 3: This idea is actually impossible. We have evidence that it takes 5-20 minutes for a radio signal to reach mars. Radio signals are light.

Edit 4: At this point, my idea generation is being kind of an enemy of science. The thought I had was "what if the time at which the beam forms depends on the distance between point A and point B?".

I mean it's an interesting thought, but I don't really know how you would prove that light moves instead of spontaneously forming as a beam between point A and B at a delayed time.

I think that if my idea has any support, it would be related to that split light experiment. That shows that the behavior of light is dependent on an observer. Due to my chronic laziness, I haven't really looked into it further.

Edit 5: So the implications of the idea in Edit 4 are that point A and point B exist, and then afterwards, there's a delay in the formation of the light. By the time the light formed, point A and B have already changed. They no longer exist as an entity that can create the beam. A continuous stream of information (like the observation of the galaxy) would have the following sequence:
    -Point A and point B exist 10 light years away from each other.
    -Point A and point B trigger the creation of beam C.
    -Point A and point B become point A2 and point B2 after 1 second.
    -Point A and point B trigger the creation of beam C2.
    -Roughly 10 years later, beam C forms.
    -1 second after beam C forms, beam C2 forms.

If this process is repeated, it should create a video feed for the observer that seems to be taking place 10 years in the past. This is what we seem to observe.

Edit 6: I think I might have misunderstood the phenomenon behind the double slit experiment, which is what I meant with the split light experiment, so it should no longer be support for the idea that I proposed.

Here are the phenomenons I know of that would need to be considered for this theory to work:
    -Why can we see the night sky instantaneously?
    -Why does laser light disappear from a wall when cardboard is placed between the laser pointer and the wall?

It's clear that if light functions this way, humans or human-related activities aren't what creates the second point of the beam.

I've thought of the following model for light based on the information above and the theory I proposed:
    -There are activated particles, probably some kind of non standard particle, between point A and B.
    -Their activation is dependent on point A (the source of light). When point A is blocked, they deactivate a certain period after point A becomes blocked.
    -The particles either deactivate simultaneously when disconnected from point A, or they deactivate randomly.

This means that this theory could be tested with the following experiment:
    -Turn on a laser pointer (point A) at a wall (point B). Have a method to measure the presence of photons in between.
    -Put a sheet of cardboard (object D) between point A and point B.
    -Measure the presence of photons between object D and point B. Theoretically, if light traveled from point A to point B, photons would stop being present near object D, and then the lack of protons would slowly expand to point B. If light followed the model that I proposed, photons would stop being present at all points simultaneously, or would disappear randomly along the area from object D to point B.

There's this other thought that the connections between the particles between the two points and point A could also be delayed by distance. In this case, the particles would cause the apparent photons to behave like traveling photons. I think that generally, the model is a poor explanation for that experimental result (it seems to be too meaninglessly complex).

Generally, I think that this theory isn't likely.
    Last edited by Clarke; 10-28-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh... yeah. They have obscure have inner references based on their vast data collection sometimes.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII/SLI- HN
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DirectorAbbie View Post
    Hell is far from funny.
    If you have dark humor, hell probably has some funny moments. Kind of a narm thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast