Thread: What was the MBTI type of Isabel Myers?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What was the MBTI type of Isabel Myers?

This is something that I know has been brought up in passing a couple of times on this forum, but has been pretty much ignored.

What was Isabel Myers socionics type?

I think this is important because it would lead to more understand as to where problems with the MBTI occured. Was she EII, or IEI? She claimed to be an INFP. But was that really FiNe or NiFe? If she was a socionics IEI, then that means that her understanding of the funcitons were just different from the start. If she was actually an EII, then that means that her attempt to classify J/P just went off course leading to further crossing and misinterpretations when people took the test. According to Lytov, INFJs (EIIs) generally test more on the P side, or only slightley J (whereas the INFPs test as ubber-P). If this is true, then it would make enough sense that she could think an FiNe might be more P with the Extraverted Intuition function (but actually mistaking that for what was really causing the FiNe to be more on the P side; the NF bias in the definition).

Also, she claimed her husband to be ISTJ.

So, do any of you actually know anything about Myers and what she was really like as a person? Does anyone have any actual knowledge on her real socionics type?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

I don't know enough about Myers' life to comment but I think this is a good question.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...because she and her followers were reluctant to disclose any facts about her or her family members' characters.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    That's interesting and could make sense as well. However, she would then have a conflicting relationship with her husband. Unless he was . In that case the MBTI wouldn't hold water.

And I wonder why they keep their personal lives secret...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Lytov, INFJs (EIIs) generally test more on the P side, or only slightley J (whereas the INFPs test as ubber-P).
    Where and/or when have you said anything about that, Dmitri Lytov? It's very interesting, because that coincides exactly with the results and self images of two friends of mine, which are MBTI INFJ and INFP respectively. Now I'm trying to determine for sure whether my hypothesis is correct, that the INFJ is a Socionics INFj and the INFP is a Socionics INFp. For some reason it seems to be difficult for some of us who are sure of our MBTI type to be sure of our Socionics type. I had to make en enormous effort myself to become sure of my Socionics type, and I still don't know why that should be so difficult, because my problem was not due to lacking information.