Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello!

Hi!
    My name is Fabelie and I'm here on 16 types because JWC3 dragged me to the computer lab and forced me to make an account.

I have a few friends who are really into socionics and they can't really agree on a type for me. So I was wondering if I could figure out what type I am here.

Also, I think socionics is pretty interesting and would like to learn more about it. After searching around the internet for information on socionics and coming across this site multiple times, I've decided that it's high time I make an account here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome to the16types.

What types have been suggested for you?
    Describe your circle of friends.
    Describe your sock drawer.
    Do you think of things from lots of different angles?
    Is your seat comfortable?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friends have suggested iei, eii, sei, iee.
    I'm not exactly sure if I'm introverted or extroverted or not. I have two circles of friends and one circle is pissed that I have the other circle. The pissy circle consists of one who is really outgoing and is often a jerk to people not because he's serious but because he's really funny. One just stays at home and watches tv, then becomes angry when no one hangs out with him. He's really jaded and pessimistic, but his thoughts on life are fascinating. The third guy has lots of emotions and I find it really entertaining to push his buttons and argue with him.

In the other circle of friends, I have a friends who acts like my mother in the way that she is really caring and always taking care of me. In return, I listen to her problems and give her advice. There's also a person who is quiet, but she's really sarcastic and hilarious to be around. Usually, when we go out, the mothering friend says it's like she's watching over a pair of obnoxious children.

I have two different sock drawers. One is for socks, underwear, bathing suits and other. The second is for misc. clothing, riding gloves, scarves, pencils, hot chocolate, and gum.

My chair? My chair is fairly comfortable, though I think it's comfortable because I'm comfortable and not that it's the most comfortable chair there is. I can't really sit in any other position than the one I am in now and a slouched position.

As for looking at things at different angles, with physical objects I tend to look at them from different angles. With situations, I try to see other angles for the situation and form my own opinion.
    *insert witty comment here*

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabelie View Post
    one who is really outgoing and is often a jerk
    What did I tell you about leaving the kitchen?
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    What did I tell you about leaving the kitchen?
    Don't try me. I know where you live.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First group of friends sounds Gamma. Second group contains a caregiver. You weren't very descriptive about your chair, but I won't jump to conclusions and proclaim you a triangle.

Your last comment seems static, so give EII a trial run. If it doesn't fit, come back and we'll see what we can do. It's been a pleasure doing business with you.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that I'm an EII, one of my friends claims to be an SLE and we get along fine.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think that I'm an EII, one of my friends claims to be an SLE and we get along fine.
    Getting along with conflicts has been done.

What intimidates you?
    What do you admire?
    How do you respond to unharmful, but unnecessary change?
    What is your favorite animal? Why?
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Are you more prone to talking crazy or acting crazy?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not many people intimidate me. I suppose people with more experience in a subject or talent intimidate me when they flaunt that talent or knowledge. I admire the ability to easily make new friends and talk to people. I mean, it takes a while for me to warm up to people, so people who can just become friends suddenly with others is a talent to admire.

I don't really like change because it makes me nervous. There has been so much of it in my life that I like things to stay the same way for a while. An example is that they didn't have the coffee that I normally drink and it took me a while to decide if I wanted to leave and wait or get another coffee that I had once before. I was going to be late for class so I just went with the latter of the options.

I have two favorite animals. The first is the horse. It is strong and beautiful at the same time. Also, they are gentle creatures with the ability to kill you. I'm not really sure why I'm attracted to that. lol. My second favorite animal is the bird, particularly perching birds because they are pretty and sound pretty too.

a woodchuck could chuck all the wood if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

I'm not sure which I'm more prone to do. Probably talking crazy. I mean, I'll say that my friends and I should do random and crazy stuff, but when it comes time to do it, I'm usually the first going, "Guys, maybe we shouldn't do this..."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Okay, looks like you're an introvert. Second paragraph sounds rational to me. Talking crazy refers to black triangle, and acting crazy refers to black L. So your last paragraph would lean toward Delta. Sorry, but I'm gonna stick with EII until you give me a good reason why you're not my dual.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabelie
    Also, they are gentle creatures with the ability to kill you. I'm not really sure why I'm attracted to that.
    lmao, this completely cracked me up for some reason.

Anyway, I would guess ILE. I don't think EII (or any Fi dominant type) makes sense.
    EIE-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nilv View Post
    I don't think EII (or any Fi dominant type) makes sense.
    why? If I may be so bold as to ask?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters, I don't think these are the words of a Fi-dominant, especially a Fi-dominant with Se PoLR...

Quote Originally Posted by Fabelie
    I'm not exactly sure if I'm introverted or extroverted or not. I have two circles of friends and one circle is pissed that I have the other circle. The pissy circle consists of one who is really outgoing and is often a jerk to people not because he's serious but because he's really funny. One just stays at home and watches tv, then becomes angry when no one hangs out with him. He's really jaded and pessimistic, but his thoughts on life are fascinating. The third guy has lots of emotions and I find it really entertaining to push his buttons and argue with him.
    The way you describe your circle of friends, saying you "find it really entertaining to push his buttons and argue with him" don't seen EII at all. IME, EIIs aren't the kind of people who would "push buttons" or argue with people for entertainment value. Moreover, I think the way you talk about your "pissy" circle of friends and the friend who "stays at home and watches tv, then becomes angry when no one hangs out with him" would come across as insensitive and dismissive to EIIs, regardless of whether you intended it as a joke.

Finally, you consistently describe people in Fe-oriented terms. "Pissed," "outgoing," "funny," "lots of emotions," "entertaining," "push his buttons," etc. This isn't to say that paying attention to these things makes you a Fe type, but the fact that this is consistently how you describe the people in your life does indicate Fe > Fi. Fi is about static, interpersonal relationships, and even though you have plenty of opportunities to talk about these things in this paragraph, you obviously prefer to discuss the emotional processes going on in these people, emphasizing them (in socionics terms) as "objects" instead of "fields."

BTW, you seem Ne-dominant. Your posts definitely have feeling of whimsicality and thoughtfulness that I'd associate with Ne-dominants, and the more I think about it, the more ILE makes sense.
    EIE-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the more ILE makes sense.
    Someone typed me as IEI, what is the difference between ILE and IEI?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a crush on Fabelie.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I have a crush on Fabelie.
    Thanks man. It's nice to know I'm loved.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI actually makes more sense with your attraction to horses as you described it... that is, as an attraction to power (). ILEs, while not as troubled by as EIIs, still aren't particularly fond of it. Also, "pushing his buttons" being an -oriented thing, it would make more sense for an -ego (IEI) than an -superid (ILE).

ILEs are Static, IEIs are Dynamic (that's what my sister was trying to test with the "many angles" thing). ILEs are Logical, IEIs are Ethical (corresponding to interest in the logical/emotional aspects of a situation).

ILEs are EP temparament ("likes change but sees little of it"), whereas IEIs are IP temperament ("likes change and sees much of it").. neither of these fit particularly well with your answer about change, which is closest to EJ temperament ("dislikes change but sees much of it"). (Static/Dynamic corresponds to "sees little change"/"sees much change" - not meaning how often things have changed in your life experiences, but how aware you are that things are changing).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're such different types, I don't think a post of mine could possibly encompass this difference. It might be helpful to look up some descriptions -- you could search these forums or look up the descriptions on WikiSocion. Maybe also look at the quadra descriptions (Alpha vs. Beta).

But here's a question that might help... which of the following descriptions resonates more with you:

inclined to discuss highly theoretical concepts as a source of intellectual stimulation and fun rather than for their practical merits.
    This quadra encourages dramatic self-expression with elements of theatricism and melodrama. They enjoy finding artistic means to express romantic, abstract ideals and feelings.
    And which parts of the following do you relate to:

explorative; light-hearted and detached curiosity; focused on interests and ideas; usually upbeat and good-natured
    wacky, goofy, dreamy, zany; interested in people's inner experiences and where people are going with their emotional life; mix of joy and melancholy
    Of course, these are little more than moderately helpful stereotypes, but hopefully your answers point one way or the other...
    EIE-Ni

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Nilv: 2nd one in the first section and 1st one in the 2nd section.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about EIE? That's the closest thing to Beta , and has EJ temperament.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps EIE, i'll talk it over with my friends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Nilv: 2nd one in the first section and 1st one in the 2nd section.
    Ok, 2nd one in the first section was a description of Beta quadra and the 1st one in the 2nd section was Rick's one-line ILE description taken from socionics.us.

Hmm, actually now that you mention it I could see EIE. But I don't think the "pushing buttons" thing necessarily points to Fe ego. In fact, I think a strong Fe HA could work in the sense that Fe is valued but is used in a less directed, more whimsical way. And isn't seeing things from many angles classic NeTi? On the other hand, I agree that Se role doesn't seem to fit. So where does that leave us?
    EIE-Ni

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Fabelie. From the way you've described yourself so far, I'd be inclined to think that you're probably an SEI, with IEI as a close possibility.

ILEs are logical extraverts and IEIs are ethical introverts. IEIs have Extroverted Feeling (Fe) as their creative function, which is ILE's hidden agenda. ILEs also have Introverted Thinking (Ti) as their creative function, which I don't see at all in your writing.

I don't think you're an extrovert either. Well, unless you're actually an IEE.

Check these out and see what you think:

Sensing Ethical Introtim - Wikisocion
    Intuitive Ethical Introtim - Wikisocion
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IEE

(Perhaps those are not the best descriptions, but I don't have access to my bookmarks atm. Someone else may post better links if they are willing.)
    Last edited by Park; 02-28-2010 at 07:52 AM.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The third guy has lots of emotions and I find it really entertaining to push his buttons and argue with him.
    Who says we're friends? No hugs for you!
    Stan is not my real name.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Who says we're friends? No hugs for you!
    Please. You do it too.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please. You do it too.
    What?

What did I tell you about that sass mouth?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What did I tell you about that sass mouth?
    It really doesn't matter what you've told me. I'm just going to do it anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    Nice to meet you Fabelie!
    Thanks! Nice to meet you too!

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really doesn't matter what you've told me. I'm just going to do it anyway.
    Snaggletoothed bitch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snaggletoothed bitch.
    Really? That's the best you can do?

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? That's the best you can do?
    Nope. I'm saving my best for a final crushing blow sometime in the near future.

In the meantime, you should definitely get back in the kitchen and shut your whore mouth when men are talking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the meantime, you should definitely get back in the kitchen and shut your whore mouth when men are talking.
    Listen, I know you're jelous that I have other friends and a life outside of you, and that you have to take out some of your frustrations and agressions towards those feelings. However, on a public forum, I think your insults are a little uncalled for and more damaging to your reputation then mine. Also, I really don't want the whole world to see us pointlessly throwing around insults at each other. I thought you were more mature than this.

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen, I know you're jelous that I have other friends and a life outside of you, and that you have to take out some of your frustrations and agressions towards those feelings. However, on a public forum, I think your insults are a little uncalled for and more damaging to your reputation then mine. Also, I really don't want the whole world to see us pointlessly throwing around insults at each other. I thought you were more mature than this.
    Jeeze Dave, I was joking the whole time... what happened to our Love/hate relationship (we love to hate each other)? If I actually offended you with my cunning linguistics, you're gonna have to get over yourself.

I await your next move, darling.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I await your next move, darling.
    I have to agree that you are a very cunning linguist.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENFp.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    I think ENFp.
    why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree that you are a very cunning linguist.
    Disagree

Fab I'm glad you decided to get a real diagnosis. Good life decision.
    I just feel like I've done something to make you think that I care about you, like what you do or say. . . For that I am sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. . . And I do a whole lot more than watch TV you wench!
    I just feel like I've done something to make you think that I care about you, like what you do or say. . . For that I am sorry

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vuze View Post
    . . . And I do a whole lot more than watch TV you wench!
    haha! But the olympics have taken up all of your attention recently. There is no room for me in your life right now. When are we hanging out lovely?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For starters, I don't think these are the words of a Fi-dominant, especially a Fi-dominant with Se PoLR...

The way you describe your circle of friends, saying you "find it really entertaining to push his buttons and argue with him" don't seen EII at all. IME, EIIs aren't the kind of people who would "push buttons" or argue with people for entertainment value. Moreover, I think the way you talk about your "pissy" circle of friends and the friend who "stays at home and watches tv, then becomes angry when no one hangs out with him" would come across as insensitive and dismissive to EIIs, regardless of whether you intended it as a joke.

Finally, you consistently describe people in Fe-oriented terms. "Pissed," "outgoing," "funny," "lots of emotions," "entertaining," "push his buttons," etc. This isn't to say that paying attention to these things makes you a Fe type, but the fact that this is consistently how you describe the people in your life does indicate Fe > Fi. Fi is about static, interpersonal relationships, and even though you have plenty of opportunities to talk about these things in this paragraph, you obviously prefer to discuss the emotional processes going on in these people, emphasizing them (in socionics terms) as "objects" instead of "fields."

BTW, you seem Ne-dominant. Your posts definitely have feeling of whimsicality and thoughtfulness that I'd associate with Ne-dominants, and the more I think about it, the more ILE makes sense.
    Ok, answering this honestly as possible question will effectively rule out at least one possible answer: which group of friends do you prefer and why? Who are your favorite individuals within each group?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast