Thread: My ISTp brother's new girl??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My ISTp brother's new girl??

Can someone please VI my little brother's new girl?
    They go together VERY WELL, or so it seems.

A quick note: It's cute because we used to live across the street from her when we were kids (she was 10 and he was 9) and then many years later they found each other on facebook (2009) and then they started dating and now... they're engaged and expecting a baby boy!!!

About her: she is very into her physical health (skin, diet, nutrition, etc.) and very organized. She punctuates a lot of what she says with laughter, and she comes off as incredibly sincere and laid back, NOT overbearing or arrogant in the least. She's immensely practical. I'm not sure what to say about her, so ask questions if you want.

He's ISTp and she is...???
    (Please don't copy photos, thanks.)

SLI

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Malia... congrats to your brother. She's very cute.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's a sensing type. gamma SF would be my first guess. Your probably probably isn't SLI. He's too um, dirty, or soemthing, no offense.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    she's a sensing type. gamma SF would be my first guess. Your probably probably isn't SLI. He's too um, dirty, or soemthing, no offense.
    fwiw this was my impression, too. congrats to him, she sounds awesome.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She: EIE, He: LSI? That's just a guess, really, 20% certainty or less.

Based on the photos and your description, I'm more sure of ExFx for her, and IxTx for him. Like 90% sure.

Of course, more photos and descriptions/stories about them would definitely help.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You'r brother is ISTp
    GF is ISTp or ISFp- do you see a bonny protruding thing on top of her nose (on her forehead, or between her eyebrowes?) if yes then ISTp; if that part is smooth and not bone sticking out then ISFp...but you have to either look at it from the side or feel her forehead;

I am almost 100% sure that she is ISFp
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-27-2010 at 12:18 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your brother may be Ni-ENFj. That was my hunch from the first picture.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think your brother may be Ni-ENFj. That was my hunch from the first picture.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know if I'd flush that. When i first saw him I was sure he was some type with Ni.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    This toilet makes me think you disagree with the ENFj typing for my brother? Haha...

ME TOO! He is very certainly ISTp, in my mind.

But this is more about her, and I really keep having trouble nailing her type down. What is she? If she's ISFp, what are their type relations?

Back to my brother:
    I'm not arguing with those of you who have a different typing for him. It's fine -- think what you will. =)

I will offer some info to flesh this out: he has tested in several socionics tests as ISTp, has been VI'd on here and other socionics sites as ISTp last year, he has identified strongly with more than one ISTp description, he is "smart" but not very "intellectual" (don't bite off my head for using those words, please) and his last girlfriend (classic ENFj imo) and he experienced severe Contrary relations. As an ESFj, I'm pretty clearly his Supervisor, and he has a great deal of difficulty dealing with our ESTp brother.

His main interests are surfing, basketball, agriculture, chemistry (especially brewing), and he is basically an animal charmer.

Here are a couple of more pictures, if it helps. He is also not DIRTY... that is just... silly. I can see how he may come across as that in a photo but he is actually impeccably clean (not arguing, it's just a fact).

He is pictured with some of his brothers in these photos. In the first one, he is carrying his soon-to-be step daughter.

New typing of him is welcome, I'm open-minded. Just surprised at this VI since I was sure of him being ISTp.
    nah he still strikes me as someone in Se quadra, possibly LSI. The guy in the middle in the last pic is a good VI example of SLI. But this is inexact science.
    asd

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and he has a great deal of difficulty dealing with our ESTp brother.
    Wasn't he ENTp?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    nah he still strikes me as someone in Se quadra, possibly LSI. The guy in the middle in the last pic is a good VI example of SLI. But this is inexact science.
    I disagree, SLIs tend to look sad/mad at baseline. SLI brother (rightmost?) seems SLI on that particular pic. And he sort of has the SLI eyes.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, no, I mean -- we have ENTp and ESTp brothers. And another one, to boot!
    Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to the ENTp one, who btw is clearly an Ne type, even just from VI.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your "SLI" brother looks like he could be an Se/Ni logical type, but he could just be a Te-SLI, like forumer force_my_hand, who also VI's very similarly.

Oh, and now I also remember your ESTp brother.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agreed about the Ne ENTp brother.
    Does the relationship with his "SLI" brother feel more like semi-duality, or say, supervision?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, middle brother is likely ESTp. That is a terrible photo of him. But I could be wrong. So, a couple other photos of the middle brother (he's on the viewer's right in every photo):

ca. 1998--

More recently--

With his best friend...

With his wife...
    holy fucking shit, you're middle brother is a benchmark SLI V.I.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I still have trouble with that ID. I'd have to be his Supervisor for him to be SLI, and that is in no way possible. Benefactor on his part really fits though... so I dunno. Certainly something to think about.
    lol thats really funny because my first impression of you was ESI.
    asd

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is very certainly ISTp, in my mind.
    I looked at some of the other pictures, and should just say I had always thought my dad might be ISTp because he is the stereotype of that in MBTI, but it turns out he's in the beta quadra. I don't believe your brother is an ISTp from VI, but in Beta and probably an ST (from these other pictures). He looked very ENFj in the first one you posted in OP.

But I don't even believe in VI, so right now I'm just joshing you.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, right now I'd say Se-ISTj for your brother in the OP.

And you, Si-ESFj.

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This toilet makes me think you disagree with the ENFj typing for my brother? Haha...

ME TOO! He is very certainly ISTp, in my mind.

But this is more about her, and I really keep having trouble nailing her type down. What is she? If she's ISFp, what are their type relations?

Back to my brother:
    I'm not arguing with those of you who have a different typing for him. It's fine -- think what you will. =)

I will offer some info to flesh this out: he has tested in several socionics tests as ISTp, has been VI'd on here and other socionics sites as ISTp last year, he has identified strongly with more than one ISTp description, he is "smart" but not very "intellectual" (don't bite off my head for using those words, please) and his last girlfriend (classic ENFj imo) and he experienced severe Contrary relations. As an ESFj, I'm pretty clearly his Supervisor, and he has a great deal of difficulty dealing with our ESTp brother.

His main interests are surfing, basketball, agriculture, chemistry (especially brewing), and he is basically an animal charmer.

Here are a couple of more pictures, if it helps. He is also not DIRTY... that is just... silly. I can see how he may come across as that in a photo but he is actually impeccably clean (not arguing, it's just a fact).

He is pictured with some of his brothers in these photos. In the first one, he is carrying his soon-to-be step daughter.

New typing of him is welcome, I'm open-minded. Just surprised at this VI since I was sure of him being ISTp.
    I wouldn't rule out SLI from the photos. That first photo actually reminds me a bit of my own SLI brother, when he's in a silly mood (unless I'm reading his mood wrong in that picture?). In the third photo he does have a superficially "Beta ST" look, kind of defensive and territorial, but on closer examination it does look more like just a completely blank expression, with no particular emotions associated with it. Given that and your strong insistence that he is your Supervisee, which I have no reason to doubt, SLI seems like the most likely choice.

In that case, my initial guess that his fiancée is EIE seems unlikely, given your description of their relationship. Is it possible she's your identical? It does seem to fit your description of her (organized, practical, laughs a lot, sincere and laid back, etc.). Plus, supervision does seem pretty common in romantic relationships. But still, I wouldn't want to bet money on her being ESE at his point, without seeing further evidence.

I don't even know what to say to that!!! Haha... Show photos? I'm pretty much an Alpha quadra SF according to, like, EVERYONE. But uh... why did/do you think ESI?
    Hahaha, this is the most ESE-esque paragraph I've read in some time. Awesome.
    Quaero Veritas.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi malia. I'm actually very happy to see you coming back on here, since I didn't expect you to log in this week. It's hard to VI from that one frontal picture of her, but all the stuff you said is good indication, though I'm not sure that its enough information.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have considered that maybe she's an ESE but to be honest, I admire her quite a bit and it's hard for me to imagine someone so lovely is the same thing as me (stupid of me, I know).
    I think this is within feasible possibility.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to say ESFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She looks rather similar to the SEE girl an SLI friend from high school married. His wife is sexy and very manicured. She's a go-getter, knows exactly what she wants, and is very good at building the relationships she needs to get her there. I imagine she'll own her own business at some point. But she's also quite down-to-earth and pragmatic. Likes outdoorsy stuff and sports, which you wouldn't guess from looking at her flawless hair, makeup, and nails.

I don't see why your brother can't be SLI just because he has some facial hair and likes bandanas. Do none of you know any SLIs who went to art school? They have the grungy sexy look down to perfection. *melts*
    Last edited by tiny_dancer; 02-27-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    IEE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks for more pictures of her. I am very sure of her being ISFp. You shouldn't question your brother's type...ISTp. Just because she is ISFp that doesn't mean that they won't go for each other...it just means that their relations will be challenging. Odd combinations are also attracted to one another, even out of quadra combinations. You should get along great with her being her mirror relations.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-27-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

On the first picture of the thread:

Boy: Si-ISTp
    Girl: Fe-ISFp
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read all of the posts in this thread but I think it's hilarious the guy can't automatically be SLI because he has facial hair/long hair and is smiling and showing some sort of emotion. You guys suck! Come on now. Anyway, that girl is really pretty, I want to be her.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I didn't read all of the posts in this thread but I think it's hilarious the guy can't automatically be SLI because he has facial hair/long hair and is smiling and showing some sort of emotion. You guys suck! Come on now. Anyway, that girl is really pretty, I want to be her.
    i don't think it's based on that exactly. anyhow, he does look clean but he also still looks kinda .
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Krig, I like you, and your name is hilarious.
    Awesome. For my part, I have found your old posts, and especially your description of your experiences with LII-ESE duality from an ESE's perspective, to be immensely helpful in my understanding of how ESEs work in the real world.

The first photo with the frown is indeed silly. I made him stand there in the doorway while I took about four photos of them because I thought it was so cute how he was carrying her out while she slept. And he started to get play-annoyed with me. But he does what I say, which is funny to me. Because he is so completely independent. I never understand why he listens to me and wants to hear my opinion all the time. Totally supervisee to me (for more reasons than that).
    Heh, awesome. My certitude of his SLI-ness is increasing -- 80% certainty or so, now.

She doesn't strike me as EIE either, especially since she and I get along very easily. EIE's and I can get along but have a big underlying tension, and his last serious girlfriend was EIE. It was an awful relationship for them both.

Anyway, this girl and my brother (the ones in question) came to visit my boyfriend and me a few months ago. She had this magical quality of hanging around the kitchen while I cooked just in case I needed help. I never ever felt pressure to find something for her to do (like usual when someone offers to help) nor did her presence make me feel nervous to perform well. She was simply available at all times when I did really need something. And she is a GREAT cook and was an invaluable assistant. She also washed the dishes for me perfectly and seemed to do things just the way I like them done, and while we hung out we just talked a bit now and then but not constantly, and I couldn't have enjoyed her personality more. I remember telling my mom, "She is so delightful!" after she came to visit.

Recently, I went down to Southern California where my family all lives to visit and I taught her to knit. She kept taking out her knitting, over and over, and perfecting it, just like I did when I started out. I mean, it sounds like anyone would do that -- it's hard to explain, but just the way she did it was just like me.

I have considered that maybe she's an ESE but to be honest, I admire her quite a bit and it's hard for me to imagine someone so lovely is the same thing as me (stupid of me, I know).
    The ease of interaction you describe definitely makes me want to rule out any Gamma types as a possibility. Nothing against Gamma quadra, but that level of ease doesn't seem likely for opposing quadras. Furthermore, most of the great things you listed about her seem directly tied to Si -- her relaxed, easy-going attitude, her skill at cooking and washing the dishes, even likely the knitting. I would be very surprised if she were not at least Si-valuing.

However, the new photos you posted are making me a little hesitant to definitively call her ESE. I mean, I wouldn't rule it out or anything, it's just that her "look" doesn't really match up with any ESEs I know. She seems somehow more composed and reserved than the ESEs I'm familiar with, who tend to exude more of a lively, mirthful air (such as the pictures you've posted of yourself in this thread ). On the other hand, I'm having similar problems seeing her as an SEI, LSE, or IEE, the other types I'm considering. Very mysterious.

How are her relationships with the rest of your family? I think inter-type relations might shed some light on things. I hope. My curiosity has been kindled.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man I love this thread! Because there's tons of photos and practical discussion about the intertype-relations.. and it confirms that I'm SEI and my brothers SLI and ILE. Wooooo.. V.I. is awesome! :-)
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, I wish there were more threads with photos and practical discussion. But when I post photos I do feel in the back of my mind like I'm annoying some of the people here...
    Can't please 'em all! Emoticons annoy some people too..

"Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."