View Poll Results: Correlation between DCNH subtype and facial structure?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this correlation between DCNH subtype and facial structure seems to exist.

3 25.00%
  • There is certainly a correlation but I can't confirm the correlation JohnDo describes.

0 0%
  • No, I don't see a correlation though I'm familiar with DCNH and experienced in V.I.

3 25.00%
  • I'm not really interested in DCNH subtypes.

2 16.67%
  • I'm not really intersted in V.I.

2 16.67%
  • I'm neither interested in DCNH subtypes nor in V.I.

2 16.67%

Thread: Facial Structure

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Facial Structure

A lot of people dismiss my DCNH-VI theory described in this thread. Please vote...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. There's some correlation between facial structure and type. DCNH isn't even that much accepted.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Don't forget to take notice of the curvature of the forhead.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Maritsa: Why don't you vote then? "Not interested in DCNH" probably...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDo View Post
    @Maritsa: Why don't you vote then? "Not interested in DCNH" probably...
    I voted.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 50% of the people on this forum are interested in V.I.
    I think 20% of the people on this forum are interested in physiognomical V.I.
    I think 10% of the people on this forum are interested in physiognomical V.I. and DCNH.

That's the problem: My method works but only 10% are interested...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your theory matches to my facial features.
    I am sceptical but I will take your theory into consideration. It's novel but seems plausible.

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinion hasn't changed. I think there are some interesting loose correlations between facial structure and base type which bear further investigation, but I haven't yet seen enough evidence to convince me of a link between facial structure and DCNH subtype, and certainly not any sort of 1:1 correlation.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    the curvature? i've probably missed sth.not having checked the forum in a while, but what would that indicate? cheers
    Round forehead=round brain on the other side=round frontal cortex=highly adaptive emotion to logic center=Feeler type.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Hm. round brain? I think you just mean a round skull. I have a sort of ridge above my eyebrows running horizontally across my forehead, but I'm sure it just means that's how my skull is shaped, not my brain.
    I will post top view pictures monday.
    -

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    My opinion hasn't changed. I think there are some interesting loose correlations between facial structure and base type which bear further investigation, but I haven't yet seen enough evidence to convince me of a link between facial structure and DCNH subtype, and certainly not any sort of 1:1 correlation.
    You don't even use our hypothetical DCNH descriptions, do you? I've been using them for 3 months and it really makes sense.

Let's undertake an interesting experiment:

1.1) Assume that the hypothetical DCNH descriptions are absolutely accurate.
    1.2) Use them to determine the DCNH subtypes of all people whose main types you know for sure.

2.1) Assume that the V.I. pattern I discovered is absolutely accurate.
    2.2) Use it to determine the DCNH subtypes of all people whose main types you know for sure.

3.1) Compare the results of step 1 with the results of step 2.
    3.2) Tell me the correlation in %.

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel View Post
    johndo - are you basing your theory on pattern observations alone? cheers
    No, it is also based on the fact that men and women do not only behave differently but also look different. The same should be true for types and subtypes, of course.

The pattern I discovered is also convincing because of the following example:

Ni-INTj and Ti-INTp can easily be mixed up if you observe their behaviour. The base function (Ni or Ti) is hard to determine because of the subtype. The interesting point is: Ni-INTj and Ti-INTp not only behave similar but also look similar! Same goes for all other types!

Te-INTj ~ Ti-ENTj --- rectangular
    Ne-INTj ~ Ti-ENTp --- square
    Ti-INTj ~ Ti-ISTj --- round
    Ni-INTj ~ Ti-INTp --- oval

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I will post top view pictures monday.
    Why don't you post top-less pictures of yourself?

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now (thanks to Krig) there is another interesting article about DCNH available which should make typing easier.

The experiment I described above could now be conducted as follows.

1.) Type all the persons you know well by using these general descriptions which are certainly more or less accurate even though I don't know Vera Borisova and the translator doesn't speak Russian.
    2.) Type all the persons you know well by using these specific descriptions which are at least a good approximation even though they were not written with DCNH in mind.
    3.) Type all the persons you know well by using this method of face detection which is not acknowledged but I guarantee it works.

Most people here should be able to do that. Don't be lazy...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Some people here may find this article interesting: Men with wider faces 'less trustworthy' - Telegraph

Through research they concluded that men with wider faces are generally less trustworthy than men with more narrow faces.
    That's nothing new, only an update. One can even say that the team of those experts is great at doing nothing.

Well, socionics works in "mysterious" ways, so does criminology and I'm quite fed up with being called a criminal, bank robber, MMA fighter, etc.

I'm having Maritsa call the FBI right away, that's just unbearable.