Thread: Gamma NT/ Delta ST?

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gamma NT/ Delta ST?

After reading over function descriptions, I'm seeing it to be a distinct possibility that I'm -valuing. I can't say I relate to the "over-application" one would see from a Base Function, but xLI seems to be a feasible, especially over - Ignoring.

Thoughts?

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    My immediate thoughts are that you do not strike me as being SLI. I am curious as to what details brings you to consider this. I can believe you to be LII as is your self-typing, but I can also believe you to be ILI.
    SLI was always more of a "split the difference" option in my attempts at making a self typing. ILI would mean valuing, which I'd be skeptical of. (and the skepticism somewhat supported the PoLR idea for LII)

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've read, is very concentrated around the idea of force. Not only force, but also a preference to use a stronger force to get things to work as it would desire. Usually high on being organized and disciplined. As an ego function it would appear intent on making a name for itself

While I can, in many respects, relate to the description above, (maybe due to my bias in explaining) I am usually on the side of non-aggressiveness (save war-style games where the objective is to beat the crap of the other people, then so be it) to accomplish goals and realize that things generally work out best when not forced into position.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's what you see as Se-valuing, what would you think is non Se-valuing?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What she says is good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience types place great care to the state of their well being, comfort and so on while types tend to have a nonchalant relation with it, brushing things off, ignoring injuries, placing little to no care on . I think this relation is most evident in sport where a valuing athlete will take great care of their mental and physical state, ensuring they are fit, healthy, wearing comfortable clothes, have a good rhythm, are not damaging themselves and so on while a athlete will push the limits of their mind and body, ignore injuries, even cause injures, they would see getting damaged in the process as something completely normal and natural, nothing to get upset about.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Does the topic exclude any possibility of someone to support the opinion that you're LII?
    No, supporting the LII opinion is a legal option.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait a second, my innate desire to not be pigeonholed has a way out of that! While you've presented a very nice position for Ti > Te, there's still a gap for fitting the irrational elements in. As you very well know, many symptoms of a given type can be see in others. Without a fuller picture excluding those other types (half of the types value any given function and anyone can use a given function) the evidence above, while helpful, does nothing more than suggest a reduction in the field of possibility. While it is true I have largely professed likely being a Judicious type, that can't be directly connected with a Ti base to synthesize LII because both positions come from two different interpretations. In short, while giving evidence of a valued, perhaps even to the level of a base function, may affirm LII over SLI, the posts previously made in this thread contend for the possibility of LSI. (And yes, I'm fully aware of some irony between my own not wanting to be pigeonhole and this post affirming such pigeonholing or making said process easier.)

Of course, not being a complete asshat, I do thank you for your input as it is helpful. I'm merely being a greedy bastard(which is fundamentally different from an asshat) and wanting more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    From what I've read, is very concentrated around the idea of force. Not only force, but also a preference to use a stronger force to get things to work as it would desire. Usually high on being organized and disciplined. As an ego function it would appear intent on making a name for itself

While I can, in many respects, relate to the description above, (maybe due to my bias in explaining) I am usually on the side of non-aggressiveness (save war-style games where the objective is to beat the crap of the other people, then so be it) to accomplish goals and realize that things generally work out best when not forced into position.
    No, they are not concerned with the idea of force, that is yet another false description of that Se...Se primary simply have an excepetional grasp of the basic human 5 senses; because to their hightened perception of this area, they are attracted and mezmerized by the veriaty of illuminescent colors...as that tends to be a visual perception...true that certain types have a weak ability to be physical...these are all N types in general; while S types can be physical when required.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-25-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Se primary are wonderful people; don't make them out to be fist fighting machines...they are often very kind, generous in every way (especially SF's); Force is a choice of the matter - it is unrelated to type...INFj are unable to stand the sight of human suffereing, they feel for the suffering of people and can not watch as people are ill treated in any way...So, what I am saying is that don't attach negative connotation to Se...
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading over function descriptions, I'm seeing it to be a distinct possibility that I'm -valuing. I can't say I relate to the "over-application" one would see from a Base Function, but xLI seems to be a feasible, especially over - Ignoring.

Thoughts?
    I'm not trying to convince, but just for the record, you seem LII to me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just for the record, you seem LII to me.
    seconded.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a chance you could be more specific on how I seem LII?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a chance you could be more specific on how I seem LII?
    The only way I am able to see what kind of type someone is, is by comparing their writing style and word usage of that of other forum members who's type I know.

Some types (not all) are easely spotted this way. You seem LII. Most LII's have a pretty distinct writing style. I find it often hard to read (what they mean), which is an indicator for me. LII's probably think the same about ILI's I guess... It's simply the quasi identical misunderstanding.

Although this is probably the only method that works a bit, it still isn't that reliable. So I'm never 100% certain.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    The only way I am able to see what kind of type someone is, is by comparing their writing style and word usage of that of other forum members who's type I know.

Some types (not all) are easely spotted this way. You seem LII. Most LII's have a pretty distinct writing style. I find it often hard to read (what they mean), which is an indicator for me. LII's probably think the same about ILI's I guess... It's simply the quasi identical misunderstanding.

Although this is probably the only method that works a bit, it still isn't that reliable. So I'm never 100% certain.
    Can we ever be 100% certain of anything?

Your statement that my posts are hard to read is noted. Your death wish will be processed within the next 40 years.

Out of intentions to explore further an not necessarily question your methods, I'd be interested in seeing what keys you in to the distinct LII writing style.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we ever be 100% certain of anything?

Your statement that my posts are hard to read is noted. Your death wish will be processed within the next 40 years.

Out of intentions to explore further an not necessarily question your methods, I'd be interested in seeing what keys you in to the distinct LII writing style.
    I usually can sense that I'm dealing with some kind of analytical person. Their writings are correct, strict and analytic. It's hard to be concrete but I guess it's what they call a 'vybe'.

Though it's not with all posts, for example when some type makes a joke I can't tell anything, but when they write something serious from their perspective, relying heavy on their ego functions, they make distinctive writing.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I hope you're in the minority on that one.
    not everyone here is a typechanger. There are enough people who are useable as a benchmark.