Thread: ISFp description - my take

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ISFp description - my take

Here's my take on the functions as I think they express themselves in me. Don't expect it to apply to all SEIs. and please be gentle in criticism!! I'll be much more responsive if you are Just see it as an attempt to make sense of my own type. Hopefully at least some of it will be spot on. It's not really comprehensive. I think a lot of other things could be added, and I'm open to suggestion.

Si
    Brings practical knowledge to the table. Knows how systems respond to various inputs, outputs, and stresses. Math equations produce an output based on the variables, the constants, and the operations involved. Paintings can produce a response based on the color, texture, and medium. Speaking to someone can deliver a different message depending on the speaker's intonation, volume, and body language. ISFps attain a mastery of subtleties that can make a good thing great, or bring a lost cause back to life with a few simple touch-ups.

Fe
    ISFps tend to thrive in a light hearted environment. Heavy moments are not created by this type, but they are not necessarily avoided. Takes pains to ensure that others feel welcome and unafraid. Seeing happiness in others allows them to relax and open up. Does not tolerate disturbances of the emotional harmony they work so hard to create.

Ni
    ISFps tend to worry about their course in life. In the absence of things that grab their attention, may look for outside guidance in choosing a long term goal--serving the interests of their parents or society rather than their own. Long term planning is done, but it is always open for revision.

Te
    Can tolerate a nice, yet incompetent person, but never a rude, yet skillful one. Unable to see people as resources to be managed. Does not value efficiency at the cost of humanity. Does not always choose sources of information wisely, as ISFps are always willing to listen, and will not disregard anyone known to be untrustworthy. Easily becomes overwhelmed when many, seemingly unrelated, facts are present.

Ne
    A lot is happening in the world all around us, and being a master of subtleties produces a certain vulnerability to the constant deluge of information we all get every day. The constant scanning, parsing, and analyzing of Ne types protects the ISFp from being overwhelmed by it all. Ne types bring forth a wealth of valuable, connected information in a manner that allows the ISFp to refine and expand upon it.

Ti
    With the seeming inability to remember miscellaneous factoids, ISFps attempt to compensate by learning how to think certain ways. It's impossible to learn everything about the universe, so it's better to learn how the universe works. Overly complex theories and ideas put the ISFp to sleep (), so assistance in reducing the complexity and size of ideas is greatly appreciated.

Se
    Does not prefer to become pushy or forceful with anyone. Always saves that as a last resort and will at first try to be gracious and kind. However, ISFps have been known to become consumed with rage when pushed too far.

Fi
    Always courteous and politically correct, but does not enjoy the sort of restrictions that come with it. Welcomes a break from following social rules if the situation allows for it.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried to direct the description away from ISFps being lazy and relaxed and all that, maybe I did too much. Would be interesting to see what other type you think I described hehe. Master of subtlety, as in knowing how to make a small change to create a large impact. Kinda like one of those karate guys that can poke you in a few spots and paralyze you/knock you unconscious. I think that's a good Si depiction, unless you think otherwise...
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Here's my take on the functions as I think they express themselves in me. Don't expect it to apply to all SEIs. and please be gentle in criticism!! I'll be much more responsive if you are Just see it as an attempt to make sense of my own type. Hopefully at least some of it will be spot on. It's not really comprehensive. I think a lot of other things could be added, and I'm open to suggestion.

Si
    Brings practical knowledge to the table. Knows how systems respond to various inputs, outputs, and stresses. Math equations produce an output based on the variables, the constants, and the operations involved. Paintings can produce a response based on the color, texture, and medium. Speaking to someone can deliver a different message depending on the speaker's intonation, volume, and body language. ISFps attain a mastery of subtleties that can make a good thing great, or bring a lost cause back to life with a few simple touch-ups.

Fe
    ISFps tend to thrive in a light hearted environment. Heavy moments are not created by this type, but they are not necessarily avoided. Takes pains to ensure that others feel welcome and unafraid. Seeing happiness in others allows them to relax and open up. Does not tolerate disturbances of the emotional harmony they work so hard to create.

Ni
    ISFps tend to worry about their course in life. In the absence of things that grab their attention, may look for outside guidance in choosing a long term goal--serving the interests of their parents or society rather than their own. Long term planning is done, but it is always open for revision.

Te
    Can tolerate a nice, yet incompetent person, but never a rude, yet skillful one. Unable to see people as resources to be managed. Does not value efficiency at the cost of humanity. Does not always choose sources of information wisely, as ISFps are always willing to listen, and will not disregard anyone known to be untrustworthy. Easily becomes overwhelmed when many, seemingly unrelated, facts are present.

Ne
    A lot is happening in the world all around us, and being a master of subtleties produces a certain vulnerability to the constant deluge of information we all get every day. The constant scanning, parsing, and analyzing of Ne types protects the ISFp from being overwhelmed by it all. Ne types bring forth a wealth of valuable, connected information in a manner that allows the ISFp to refine and expand upon it.

Ti
    With the seeming inability to remember miscellaneous factoids, ISFps attempt to compensate by learning how to think certain ways. It's impossible to learn everything about the universe, so it's better to learn how the universe works. Overly complex theories and ideas put the ISFp to sleep (), so assistance in reducing the complexity and size of ideas is greatly appreciated.

Se
    Does not prefer to become pushy or forceful with anyone. Always saves that as a last resort and will at first try to be gracious and kind. However, ISFps have been known to become consumed with rage when pushed too far.

Fi
    Always courteous and politically correct, but does not enjoy the sort of restrictions that come with it. Welcomes a break from following social rules if the situation allows for it.
    ISFp is wrong; I havn't read the others
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of this. To be blatantly honest, it doesn't sound you're describing a type, and it doesn't seem you have a very good grasp of what the elements are beyond stereotypes.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I quit
    The saddest ESFj

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks pretty good to me. Fairly basic, but for the most part accurate. I especially like the line describing Si as: "Knows how systems respond to various inputs, outputs, and stresses." Whereas Ti understands and constructs static systems, Si understands and influences how dynamic systems flux and change. I'm not entirely sure about including math in Si, though -- math seems pretty static to me.

I also really like the description of Ne, of SEIs being vulnerable to "the constant deluge of information we all get every day," and how ILEs can easily sort through all that and keep SEIs from being overwhelmed.
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very basic, but I found nothing false.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. Krig that's kinda how I learned math. I just take one equation, look at how it responds to different variables and I feel like I understand it. Take a linear equation: y = 4x + 3 and you can change the constants in it and see how the resulting graph changes. It's like I'm turning it into a dynamic system and understanding that. That's just how I learn things. I have to toy with them.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but yea you'll notice I gave more thought to some functions than I did others. I was trying to tie Ni with my need to appear ambitious, like I have to put on this front that I've set all the right goals in life, despite the fact that I don't really care about them. I'm not really sure how I'd say that, or if it's even relevant.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 02-20-2010 at 05:08 PM.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    but force it to SEI using stereotypes.
    I'm not sure where he's coming from, but that is exactly what it sounds like.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    - can't tolerate a rude, yet skillful person - this means SEIs can't tolerate ILEs It's the opposite, thanks for telling me what you think of me.
    I think you give yourself more credit than you deserve. I've never doubted your knowledge of socionics, it's just your knowledge of people that I question. I think people would listen to you more and make fun of you less if you weren't so rude and arrogant (you aren't right now, and I appreciate that). This is what I mean by practical knowledge, socionics can't tell you how to be courteous.

being overwhelmed by the deluge of information - that sounds as a concern of a Logical type.

hmm maybe It's more like having too many things to pay attention to and they're always changing. It's hard to keep up with it all.

I don't remember SEIs being bothered by what they're not interested in, except when they have to learn something for a purpose (eg. for school). But that seems more likely NT, the need to understand the system as a whole but the huge amount of information required for that.

SEI: "I just don't know what I'm interested in, I'll just do what I'm good at and maybe I'll make some money with it. Am I really interested? Is this really what I want to do? It's so boring, maybe I should do something else. I just can't seem to find anything interesting about this subject anymore."

[enter ILE]

ILE: (spews forth a slew of interesting things about it and things related to it)

SEI: "oh this is actually quite interesting, I didn't think of it that way"

- learn how the universe works - NT! The opposite.
    Damn it, I wanna understand the universe too. So if you could let me know what you find out, that would be awesome. ok?

- saves being pushy or forceful as last resort - No, it's not even the case, SEIs are never pushy neither forceful. Never, at least not premeditated! You misunderstood what you read in other threads - it's about bursting in anger. This sounds like someone very determined which has a goal and try first to obtain collaboration diplomatically, if that doesn't work he/she will try forcing. This is LIE.
    Oh, bursting in anger isn't the same as being forceful? Technicalities
    I guess using force on someone to influence them can be considered Si too in a certain respect. It's just using a different kind of input to affect the system. I really don't like it because it brings everyone down.

2. reading the first time it appeared to me to be ILI, now it seems to me closer to LIE, it emerges a repressed need for overturn obstacles, forcefulness and touch goals under a requirement for diplomacy, to stay nice.
    You actually captured my enneagram type (3w2) quite nicely right here, and I suppose it influenced this profile a little too much. The 3w2 ambition seems to be at odds with most ISFp descriptions, so there's a bit of conflict here.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    You actually captured my enneagram type (3w2) quite nicely right here, and I suppose it influenced this profile a little too much. The 3w2 ambition seems to be at odds with most ISFp descriptions, so there's a bit of conflict here.
    I would then say that you need to pick one, because it sounds like you're either 3w2 or SEI It's a mistake to use the Enneagram to say "I'm this type, but I just look totally unlike it because of my e-type"*. You really need to use the two systems in isolation, or your understanding of one (usually going to be the Enneagram) will dilute your understanding of the other.

*"totally unlike" is an exaggerated example. Please don't nitpick it on me, because I'm sure you get my point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea it's more like 3w2 reworded to fit ISFp stereotypes. So now I'm at a loss because I want to make them compatible, but I don't know how!
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request