Thread: Dominant and Creative

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dominant and Creative

I think types are mostly self-absorbed in their dominant function, and usually don't like others to partake to our extremes (though we're happy if they are able to recognize and obtain what we see as a basic necessary realization), nor do we allow a lot of flexibility (even if we're quiet about it). This is sort of our safe base, and we really don't want any help (aka. intrusion). It is of course the main part of our ego. Where as with the creative function, we often just throw things out there for them to be tested or changed, more as an impulse (such as "something needs to be changed, but I don't know what it is, so I'm putting it forth.") We might ask questions or spark up more conversation or dispute with this function. If we do reveal a large impression of our dominant function, we will come across more decided and tenacious, generally confident (even if we aren't in many private areas.) For instance, an LSI will often be able to help out an ILI by giving them a direct and decisive answer to a logic-based question with their Ti, and the ILI would then interpret as much of the Te end of it, and skip say trying to grasp the inner logic. The ILI would take the information lightly, give it some merit and be glad a direct answer could be given and continue on normally, though the LSI might not think they're taking it seriously and thoughtfully enough, and the LSI will find necessary comfort in helping the ILI see it their way (or else the LSI won't really like how the ILI is doing it, which is basically being too "free" with the subject, and not serious and focused enough.) It is normally the case that the ILI is not very used to thinking in terms of Ti and whatever its external manifestation is comes across as a weak area. An ILI may respond with a sort of "alright, I'll try harder" attitude, though eventually not really care too much about the logical end of things. To an LSI, the ILI-LSI relationship can seem a lot more disconnected and unproductive and feels like he/she might need to escape the chaos caused by the ILI, where as the ILI doesn't view the relationship as that meaningful or even problematic. Mirrors, on the other hand, often find more comfort in helping each other with their flexible sides because they are on the same level with quadra values. Supervisor and supervisee is a different story, since PoLR is a much stronger feature than creative. What you have with ILI-LII is a complete negative summation of what I've said: both ends try to change each other, to want taking their creative side more seriously (like mirrors), but they have trouble with communication and eventually feel too disconnected and unproductive in their opposing methodologies. All of these relations are tied to all types and their dominant and creative functions (and their E to I, I to E, effort of translating). What is in bold is the main point.
    Last edited by 717495; 02-19-2010 at 10:43 AM.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going back to the LSI-ILI writing, where any benefit relation could be swapped (though while realizing that the details of one's thoughts and actions in a relation certainly depend on personality, where as the main idea is more consistent), I would say that any type can seem sort of weak in their ID functions, simply because they're usually not incredibly focused on the areas manifested by them, and not used to caring about being tested in them. Types can often actually come across seeming much stronger in select focus areas their Hidden Agenda, because they naturally focus on these manifestations and have experience with them. So I think one's lack of focus can surely bring down the momentum of strength (like when one stops using a built up muscle, it begins to die.) When a woman uses a muscle, like when an ILI uses Fi, it becomes only as strong as it can. But you can see the progress. Where as an ILI with Ti, you basically can't see many signs of strength. These signs are hidden and temporarily diminished, but potentially able. I would say focus levels of functions typically go something like this:

Dominant > Creative > HA > ID and role > DS > PoLR

DS would be higher, but it generally becomes too frustrating to take pursuit of alone, which is why duality is the best relation for that type of development.