Thread: Rick DeLong

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Rick DeLong

Rick DeLong is ESTj/LSE type; he is the founder of Wikisocion and another Socionics site. He once typed me incorrectly as INFp...not noticing that the J is morphologically apparent; here is his personal website. If you want to know what ESTj's value and are like, please read his site...

Personal Website of Rick DeLong

In an independent study of ESTj's, that I conducted, I asked 50 men between the ages of 20 and 35 what their favorite books were they said Guns, Germs, and Steel and The Power of Myth also they included the economy, statistics, environment to be a big issue and concern for them. I also asked other relevent questions and will eventually post the results on my blog.

Here's George Clooney loving the book and meeting the author..

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2005/08/03/ggs
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-18-2010 at 06:21 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Rick DeLong is ESTj/LSE type; he is the founder of Wikisocion and another Socionics site. He once typed me incorrectly as INFp...not noticing that the J is morphologically apparent; here is his personal website. If you want to know what ESTj's value and are like, please read his site...

In an independent study of ESTj's, that I conducted, I asked 50 men between the ages of 20 and 35 what their favorite books were they said Guns, Germs, and Steel and The Power of Myth also they included the economy, statistics, environment to be a big issue and concern for them. I also asked other relevent questions and will eventually post the results on my blog.

News: 'Guns, Germs, and Steel' Reconsidered - Inside Higher Ed
    Yet another retyping!

Okay... how do you know that Rick is ESTj? Morphology isn't established enough here to use that, and you don't seem to have any other methods... so yeah.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    Yet another retyping!

Okay... how do you know that Rick is ESTj? Morphology isn't established enough here to use that, and you don't seem to have any other methods... so yeah.
    Ok So what I did first was type him morphologically, then I read his blog, especially the letters he has written to government offices in concern for issues, if you will read his style and emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" solutions you will see that's quite typical of ESTj's.

Please have a little trust...sometimes is observation first then method of development especially when the human mind is concerned.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE-Ne cp 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok So what I did first was type him morphologically, then I read his blog, especially the letters he has written to government offices in concern for issues, if you will read his style and emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" solutions you will see that's quite typical of ESTj's.
    Emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" just means valued Te. This fits with his self typing of IEE, who have Te mobilizing.
    Stan is not my real name.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stanprollyright View Post
    Emphasis on "efficient", "productive", and "sustainable" just means valued Te. This fits with his self typing of IEE, who have Te mobilizing.
    True, but they can not be routinized; so, if they value routine and some form of concentrated methodological effort then it is Te valuing primary which is ESTj...if not then ENFp..
    -

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Shit, I'd better send off a letter calling for inefficient, unproductive, and unsustainable solutions right away.

Typical of these types to always get a head start.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have tried very very very hard to find all of you an example linking morphological type to a person and finally I have found one example and I hope that you can trust me to bring more to you.

In Rick's words..."I have a keen sense of what is involved in learning a foreign language and have been able to help quite a few other people do so more effectively." Notice "effectively" same as "efficiently"

I have tried to be kind and sympathetic, I know I am a new person but trust and pattern or logic is important I hope.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

I think Rick is IEE, if I was to give him a sub-type, i'd say Ne. Of course he may not have sub type, but that's my impression nonetheless.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the free promotion of my personal website.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I think Rick is IEE.
    No, he's not because IEE although both can seem optimistic, and capable of finding interesting ways of doing things LSE is more likely not to develope new new new ideas and just develope an interest they have already, this is observed in how Rick has taken so long to develop Socionics, where IEE would easily get bored and dump the whole project.

IEE are materially unabitious as well.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Hi Rick...you're welcome...I typed you. You're my dual.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

I see you have pictures for sale...you must be Gamma....

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I see you have pictures for sale...you must be Gamma....
    He is probably raising funds for a project, am I right? They deleted all of my examples of x-rays...that was sad.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Would you please take Christopher Reeve out of the ESTj file...thanks. you will see that he doesn't fit morphologically...he's a P and if you would like, you can read his biography and will notice that with other P's he has similar values, beliefs and understandings...etc.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

No, he's not because IEE although both can seem optimistic, and capable of finding interesting ways of doing things LSE is more likely not to develope new new new ideas and just develope an interest they have already, this is observed in how Rick has taken so long to develop Socionics, where IEE would easily get bored and dump the whole project.

I don't think Rick seems optimistic, I think he seems rather pessimistic.

Although I can't speak for Rick, he seems to have many other interests than socionics, and has at times abandoned it then came back to it (eg for some cycling/backpacking trip and some other things) as I understand it.

I think that in socionics, the sort of developing 'new ideas' as you put it is perhaps more in the realm of ILE's - see user Pinnochio, as he presents new ideas, but he formulates them with strong logics.

My impressions of reading Rick's blogs is that he has many new ideas of socionics from a societal and human POV, I'd expect someone with ego ethics not to churn themself with more of the theory aspect, which he doesn't really, but relate it more so with a human touch.. which I think is how he does it, basically Ne going into Fi, in their course of developing their interest in the subject.

I'd have to think longer to produce a better case, as i'm simply typing off the cuff, but perhaps you would have to also ;-).

2/cents.

He is probably raising funds for a project, am I right? They deleted all of my examples of x-rays...that was sad.
    Dunno, maybe he is raising funds because he has to live and put a roof over his head, not sure though.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think Rick seems optimistic, I think he seems rather pessimistic.

Although I can't speak for Rick, he seems to have many other interests than socionics, and has at times abandoned it then came back to it (eg for some cycling/backpacking trip and some other things) as I understand it.

I think that in socionics, the sort of developing 'new ideas' as you put it is perhaps more in the realm of ILE's - see user Pinnochio, as he presents new ideas, but he formulates them with strong logics.

My impressions of reading Rick's blogs is that he has many new ideas of socionics from a societal and human POV, I'd expect someone with ego ethics not to churn themself with more of the theory aspect, which he doesn't really, but relate it so much with a human touch.. which I think is how he does it, basically Ne going into Fi, in their course of developing their interest in the subject.

I'd have to think longer to produce a better case, as i'm simply typing off the cuff, but perhaps you would have to also ;-).

2/cents.

Dunno, maybe he is raising funds because he has to live and put a roof over his head, not sure though.

Why are you talking for him? I am saying this kindly. He is optimistic he cares about the environment, his sense of humor might be a little pessimistic, but that just humor.

You're getting Socionics all confused that's why the testing, the verbal testing, is highly inaccurate. What are you talking about...keep it simple don't use so much emphasis on this element that goes into that one and makes the other other that...and on and on.
    -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tried very very very hard to find all of you an example linking morphological type to a person and finally I have found one example and I hope that you can trust me to bring more to you.

In Rick's words..."I have a keen sense of what is involved in learning a foreign language and have been able to help quite a few other people do so more effectively." Notice "effectively" same as "efficiently"

I have tried to be kind and sympathetic, I know I am a new person but trust and pattern or logic is important I hope.
    You do not have to be efficient to be effective. I trust you no more or less than anyone else. If I were to go by trust alone, I would listen to the vast number of people who believe Rick to be IEE and I would trust that is the case. Pattern and logic are important to me. So far the pattern I have observed is that your morphological method has little convergance with self typings or recognised typings. I personally will spend more time observing, sceptically as I have been. There may be something in it, however I have seen enough to doubt either it's reliability or your skill in executing the method.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    You do not have to be efficient to be effective. I trust you no more or less than anyone else. If I were to go by trust alone, I would listen to the vast number of people who believe Rick to be IEE and I would trust that is the case. Pattern and logic are important to me. So far the pattern I have observed is that your morphological method has little convergance with self typings or recognised typings. I personally will spend more time observing, sceptically as I have been. There may be something in it, however I have seen enough to doubt either it's reliability or your skill in executing the method.
    The only way to do it is to sign on a free dating site...type the people, morphologically first, then print their profile out and read it, you will see a huge similarity that is undeniable...I am doing my research from college student point of view.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

Why are you talking for him? I am saying this kindly. He is optimistic he cares about the environment, his sense of humor might be a little pessimistic, but that just humor.
    I said I can't speak for him.

However, i'm posting because it's a typing thread, I gave my opinion of his type, you queried it, I was polite enough to respond to your query.

I suppose I could have ignored your response to me...damned if I do damned if I don't?

I do think my shorthand analysis makes more sense from a socionic-functional POV than what you've posted atm however.

You're getting Socionics all confused that's why the testing, the verbal testing, is highly inaccurate.
    Possibly, but I think this of you sometimes, hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by maritsa33
    I actually do think there is some grain of truth in this, and to be honest it does surprise me little that Rick seems to pursue avenues of making money, such as selling photos.

I'll do my best not to speak for him, so i'll pretty much just say that I think any type can be an entrepreneur. Indeed, perhaps the converse, I know an ENTj who makes rather little money, he spends his time directing plays and wasted a very good mathematical brain by only graduating with an ordinary maths degree (he was capable of 1st class honours) then dropped out of teacher training... There's personality as well as type, let's let humans also breathe a bit within that perhaps...

what are you talking about...keep it simple don't use so much emphasis on this element that goes into that one and makes the other other that...and on and on.
    Although I do think that dichotomies and some personality traits DO correspond with type, it is mostly for beginning, it's my experience we have to use the functions along with these things in order to get the best picture...besides, my functional anaysis was rather brief... and simple, so we are all OK then, ya? ;-)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

One person from the forum Palujim sent me a google link to a girl so that I would type her if you look at her photo and read her history you will see she's ENFp. Then by comparing and contrasting you will see what I see.
    -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way to do it is to sign on a free dating site...type the people, morphologically first, then print their profile out and read it, you will see a huge similarity that is undeniable...I am doing my research from college student point of view.

That is not an objective method. You would need to see the photo and the profile independently, then type them seperately. The photo's can then be matched back with their corresponding profiles.
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    That is not an objective method. You would need to see the photo and the profile independently, type them and only have them matched afterwards.
    I know what an objective method is...and I know a better way then that...but getting you guys to listen to me alone is a chore and STRESSFULL.

The only way to do a double blind study is the one in my head but...why should I tell you when you won't even trust me?
    -

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what an objective method is...and I know a better way then that...but getting you guys to listen to me along is a chore and STRESSFULL.

The only way to do a double blind study is the one in my head but...why should I tell you when you won't even trust me?
    O.K., well I'm game what's your idea for a study? I have already stated that I trust you as much as anyone else.

If you are trying to sell something to someone, whether it's an idea, an ideal or a product, that customer is under no obligation to buy, no matter how much or little it costs. Whilst I am sorry that you are feeling stressed, that is really no one elses concern apart from your own.
    IEE-Ne

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My assessment (which I've shared previously) is that he's ENFp-ESTj. ESTj is his EM type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    My assessment (which I've shared previously) is that he's ENFp-ESTj. ESTj is his EM type.
    Who are you? I like to get to know people like they are actual human beings so please introduce yourself.

Everyone actually talking to me please VI with me thank you.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Erase all you know and have know about Socionics as a theory and in terms of their elements and stop dissecting what people say and how they behave from functional view points...

Method one (there are four methods/ways for a valid test)
    1. follow VI, Rod's method, four steps in my blog....
    2. Get people to post their picture in a VI thread, have 3 people with great vision processing morphologically type them, even if you don't agree with the method.
    3. Ask a series of questions about basic things.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is tempting to respond to this thread and correct misinterpretations or provide additional information, but I would feel incredibly vain drawing that much attention to myself. Should anyone happen to have more than a passing interest in me and my life, there is plenty of info out there to learn all one would want to know and probably more.

Maritsa, as for your typing method based on "morphological" features (i.e. VI), I cannot comment on the methodology itself because I know nothing about it and am not interested. However, the results of using such a methodology I know all too well from years of exposure in Ukraine:

- its adherents tend to claim 100% or "95-99%" accuracy
    - it tends to lead to psychological bullying by adherents of the method and to a persecution complex
    - strong VI proponents tend to display many forms of intellectual dishonesty
    - it leads to the creation of hierarchical socionics schools where those on the lower rungs suffer psychological oppression similar to that experienced in cults; they become dependent upon the leader/s in their judgments and even life decisions
    - VI and its close relatives are the most popular tool for creating cult-like socionics groups (see The Socionist: How to Create a [Socionics] Cult to learn how to build such a cult)

So, even if you have the best of intentions and think that you are truly helping people, I don't think VI is useful for much more than gaining psychological dominance over a small group of slavish followers who think you have a supernatural gift.
    Last edited by Rick; 02-18-2010 at 08:12 PM.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is tempting to respond to this thread and correct misinterpretations or provide additional information, but I would feel incredibly vain drawing that much attention to myself. Should anyone happen to have more than a passing interest in me and my life, there is plenty of info out there to learn all one would want to know and probably more.

Maritsa, as for your typing method based on "morphological" features (i.e. VI), I cannot comment on the methodology itself because I know nothing about it and am not interested. However, the results of using such a methodology I know all too well from years of exposure in Ukraine:

- its adherents tend to claim 100% or "95-99%" accuracy
    - it tends to lead to psychological bullying by adherents of the method
    - strong VI proponents tend to display many forms of intellectual dishonesty
    - it leads to the creation of hierarchical socionics schools where those on the lower rungs suffer psychological oppression similar to that experienced in cults; they become dependent upon the leader/s in their judgments and even life decisions
    - VI and its close relatives are the most popular tool for creating cult-like socionics groups (see The Socionist: How to Create a [Socionics] Cult to learn how to build such a cult)

So, even if you have the best of intentions and think that you are truly helping people, I don't think VI is useful for much more than gaining psychological dominance over a small group of slavish followers who think you have a supernatural gift.

Rick, VI is us humans, human beings that come from two societies where it's in our genes to be who we are...look at marriages where people who have pure j or p only have p or j kids...that's what socionics is identifying people who they are, the type of person they are or the society they originated from. It's basic biology, evolution but for some reason our genes are not intermixing, they are staying seperated distinct into 16 types.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Whose joke account is this?
    No body's joke account, I am real, a real human...INFj type...from society of J people meant to mate with my mate who is ESTj.
    -

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Maritsa, It's Rod. I decided to stop by and take you home. This house is full of evil clowns. It's time to burn it down down down.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think people here are generally not open to the idea that there may be some link between certain morpological features and Socionics type anymore than they are not open to the idea of Maritsa being human.

Creepy-Cyclops

Rick, VI is us humans, human beings that come from two societies where it's in our genes to be who we are...look at marriages where people who have pure j or p only have p or j kids...that's what socionics is identifying people who they are, the type of person they are or the society they originated from. It's basic biology, evolution but for some reason our genes are not intermixing, they are staying seperated distinct into 16 types.
    I'm somehow feeling I should be wiser in life and not respond to this thread some more, but i'll try.

Maritsa, you won't convince me of your VI methods because they can't be substantiated.

Whilst I do think there is something to VI, and at times i've met a type and they've looked a little like someone else who's type i've verified...and it turns out that they are ALSO the same type, it can't be explained, reasoned in any logical fashion that I can decipher.

To say that "I think you are X type because you look like X type, or X type has these features" is simply a religious approach where belief simply has to be accepted.

Now, you may think that VI can be substantiated - and maybe it will at some point in the future, it can't just now, and you have been unable to do it.

I really don't know what else to say on the matter, save to repeat that you won't convince me just by saying "you know better".

And your X-rays proved nothing. It's like me posting a box with the colour red and saying, "it's blue", just cause I said so.

As much as i'm intrigued by anything which can make typing an easier process, i'm not just simply going to be bought into a 'get rich quick scam' you see - which is in essence what you offer (those emails and letters go in the bin).

I would however be interested if you would discuss socionics on a level playing field where things can actually be debated on an even keel between you and I, maybe then progress can be made onto your more esoteric ideas.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I don't think people here are generally not open to the idea that there may be some link between certain morpological features and Socionics type anymore than they are not open to the idea of Maritsa being human.
    There's a reason you got 30/30 on that test.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Why are you people so mean?
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

No body's joke account, I am real, a real human...INFj type...from society of J people meant to mate with my mate who is ESTj.
    Actually that's Aryans who are meant to mate with each other....

Why are you people so mean?
    How am I mean?

*edit* the Aryan thing is a joke, hopefully you'll see the perspective...

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

News: 'Guns, Germs, and Steel' Reconsidered - Inside Higher Ed
    Rick is ENFP, everyone knows that.

Have you ever read a post of him, he's got a very evolved language writing style, common for NF people. If he were an ESTJ, he would be more businesslike, and less likely as much interested in socionics and psychology as he is now.

You have overconfidence in your typing methods.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are you? I like to get to know people like they are actual human beings so please introduce yourself.

Everyone actually talking to me please VI with me thank you.
    I'm Anthony Caudill. Been on this site a long time, and have worked for five years to develop competent extensions of socionics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Rick is ENFP, everyone knows that.

Have you ever read a post of him, he's got a very evolved language writing style, common for NF people. If he were an ESTJ, he would be more businesslike, and less likely as much interested in socionics and psychology as he is now.

You have overconfidence in your typing methods.
    that does not indicate ENFp that's actually ESTj...language writing style of his better corresponds with ST types, read dostoevsky and you will see.
    -

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's basic biology, evolution but for some reason our genes are not intermixing, they are staying seperated distinct into 16 types.
    what would you expect.

The gender (male/female) also stay separated into two types.

Sure VI works, but your methods are just basic. Not that I want to promote VI to much, but I suspect that Ganin is better at VI since he uses a more comparison methods (seeing similarities in faces) instead of looking just at neck etc. You've made lots of mistakes with those methods so they aren't accurate enough to just use those.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I'm Anthony Caudill. Been on this site a long time, and have worked for five years to develop competent extensions of socionics.

How can we type j or p? how? from those pictures- yes, j and p people have different language and understanding style...but please post a side picture.
    -

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast