Thread: Moods vs Physical States

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Moods vs. Physical States

So, one of my friends said to me: "I don't know whether I'm depressed because I'm tired or I'm tired because I'm depressed." Then another friend said almost the exact same thing to me a few weeks later.

That got me thinking, and I realized that I usually describe my physical state (tiredness, well-restedness, etc.) in terms of moods/emotions. On the other hand, I know a lot of people who tend to reduce their moods to physical states ("oh, I just need some sleep...")

So I'm curious: do you see your moods in terms of physical states or your physical states in terms of moods? Lets see if there's any trends.
    EIE-Ni

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I do this too.. or maybe not say it exactly, but it's definitely how I feel. When I'm tired, I feel like utter crap and I do think to myself... 'hey, I'm depressed." I just hate not feeling physically up to shape, it literally ruins everything else. Very small things concern me and bother me, bodily sensations I mean.

Also, if you're tired.. that in itself could cause anxiety, depression, etc. Lack of sleep is never a good thing. And of course vice versa.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Moods might influence physical state. Physical state does not control moods.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was gonna say... Hunger for me is the leading cause of being pissed off.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    That's not true at all. Of course physical states influence or even drive moods. Try being happy or enthusiastic when you're dog-tired and your eyes are about to close. And don't you feel bad when you've been cooped up not doing anything for awhile? And, I don't know about anyone else, but I get VERY grumpy when I'm hungry.
    I agree with Diana. Physical states totally drive moods for me. Much more so than the other way around. I can pick up my mood simply by going for a walk!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Yeah, I was gonna say... Hunger for me is the leading cause of being pissed off.
    my husband is the same.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Moods might influence physical state. Physical state does not control moods.
    Yeah, same.

Try being happy or enthusiastic when you're dog-tired and your eyes are about to close
    I can totally feel happy or enthusiastic when really tired, although I will not externally show it of course.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit