Thread: Stages of other relationships

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stages of other relationships

The same idea as stages of duality, but with other relationships.

What stages do you see other relationships going through?

One that I've observed is at a certain point with supervision the supervisee constantly gets frustrated by what the supervisor does, even if it isn't anything that stimulates their PoLR.

What do you think? What else have you noticed? What else happens with other relationships?
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing to add cause I'm in a rush but this is a FANTASTIC idea for a thread

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience, semi-duality works somewhat like this:

1. X meets Y.
    2. X comes to like Y, Y comes to like X.
    3. After a while, Y does something to annoy X, causing X to temporarily shy away (or vice-versa).
    4. Y apologizes to X (or vice versa) shortly thereafter.
    5. Go to 2.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    In my opinion it's the opposite. The Supervisor becomes extremely frustrated and angered by the Supervisee. On the forum the Supervisor may attack Supervisees directly, in real life rather criticize them in the back, it's some sort of politeness they don't get out from, but stay constantly teeth clenched.

The examples I remember:
    - me and LSI workmates. I had problems with such people in convincing them that I know what I'm doing and my only solution to convince them was to take the approval of a boss/manager/authority of other type;
    - my SLI brother and his ex LIE boss. He used to call him "the swine". Not sure exactly what was his problem with him (forgot and stuff) but he (my brother) was very despised by him; said he's boastful and bothersome;
    - my gf and her brother (SEI vs EIE), I told the story recently;
    - my ESE mother and my SLI brother - this is an exception in my experience, I never heard or I don't remember her criticizing him, I was the black sheep, actually . I don't remember her to praise him or ask him for a serious opinion, though.
    - I was never bothered by my Supervisors. I find them nice but I use to mock them, dunno why. They gently try to tell me that I should consider people's feelings more and should be more diplomatic, but for a reason their advises are for me like the water for a swan's feathers, I simply ignore and find them unrelated to me. Well I used to, before understanding Socionics.
    - my LSE mother-in-law and my SEI gf. The mother used to say that her daughter is "good at nothing" and a looser because she doesn't has/touch goals.
    - an ILI friend and his LSE father. He avoids telling his father anything in advance because of some sort of misunderstanding and misuse of the information - telling the neighbours, trivializing the issues, etc. Usually the "news" that the father hears from his son are as old as several months or even years (don't know how this is connected to Supervision).

I conclude that the Supervisee is not so much bothered by the Supervisor, but the Supervisor perceives him as a "thick hide", "swine", "bear", "red-neck", someone who can't learn, therefore unable to do anything right outside of direct direction and control.
    The PoLR seems to be something so wrong that a type has no patience or interest to even consider a little.
    Hmm... well I can definitely see how it works both ways. I think that what I meant to say was something along the lines of this- Supervisor gets annoyed by supervisee, supervisor says/does something that may imply this, supervisee gets mad... maybe?

Also in my experience it's worked kind of both ways with my LSE step mom. She would get notably annoyed at my lack of organization, then I would get annoyed because I didn't know what she wanted me to do. Then she would get annoyed because I didn't know what to do, and all she would do would criticize me. She probably didn't know that she was criticizing me, but it sure felt that way. Then I get on the defensive, then she gets annoyed at me being defensive and arguing.

I can relate to being called a "looser" in a sense by my step mom. She thinks I won't achieve anything or be successful just because I don't do things the way that she suggests.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my experience business/identity/dual/activation relations have gotten me very close psychologically to the person very quickly. Much quicker than other relaitons. IME these are the most comfortable relations.
    SEE-Fi 9w8 sx/sp