Thread: someone is arguing with me that

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default someone is arguing with me that...

IEI's can be 9's. I personally don't see how this is possible with Ni leading and Se valuing. can someone explain this?
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in an infp, the picture I get from that description is more of a phobic 6 than a 9.

my problem is the 9 description itself sounds inherently Si to me, as its the opposite of Ni I dont see how this combo can work; and furthermore unaligned with beta values. I find it hard seeing an estp dualizing with this kind of person, as I dont see it providing what an SLE needs.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what does the 9 fail to provide the SLE with exactly?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno about IEIs being 9s, but SLEs make great 9w8s.
    The saddest ESFj

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never met an IEI 9, for whatever thats worth.

Creepy-male

I remember reading that Garrison Keillor of Lake Wobegon Days - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia fame is both an IEI (I believe by Rick's typing) and a Nine (from some Enneagram source which I can't recall... probably ocean-moonshine).

Nines and IEIs are not incompatible. In Keillor's case, he sits neatly where they overlap: he's a storyteller focusing on warm, glowy, fuzzy kinds of stories about life and relationships.

It's perfectly possible for such a type to dualize with an SLE, I think. I recall Sam talking about how receptive Sean (sorry if I'm misremembering things here) is/was to being told stories and having his imagination stimulated. A Garrison Keillor type IEI would be able to provide plenty of emotionally coloured reflection, which as far as I understand falls directly across the SLE's super-id.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all i know is that yes, it is possible. someone find the missing link!! socionics is still/just a theory after all.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you must be the one doing the arguing.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    I remember reading that Garrison Keillor of Lake Wobegon Days - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia fame is both an IEI (I believe by Rick's typing) and a Nine (from some Enneagram source which I can't recall... probably ocean-moonshine).

Nines and IEIs are not incompatible. In Keillor's case, he sits neatly where they overlap: he's a storyteller focusing on warm, glowy, fuzzy kinds of stories about life and relationships.

It's perfectly possible for such a type to dualize with an SLE, I think. I recall Sam talking about how receptive Sean (sorry if I'm misremembering things here) is/was to being told stories and having his imagination stimulated. A Garrison Keillor type IEI would be able to provide plenty of emotionally coloured reflection, which as far as I understand falls directly across the SLE's super-id.
    Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    all i know is that yes, it is possible. someone find the missing link!! socionics is still/just a theory after all.

Thanks, except what I was asking for was an explanation.

Not buying that example from first impression.

and matilda I don't know why the fuck you would say that, then basically admit you have no support to back it up. it makes you look like an idiot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs (hope you don't mind) View Post
    Se isn't about conflict. Se is about being impulsive, decisive, and centered in immediate action. There is really no interference between 9 and Se-DS.
    thread: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...questions.html