Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49

Thread: Arguments for Khola as Fi type

  1. #1
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default Arguments for Khola as Fi type

    Removed at User Request

  2. #2
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    She didn't make a new username, but rather switched the username for her account; all of the posts she has ever made at this forum are, to my knowledge, listed under the account Khola.

  3. #3
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  4. #4
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 02-13-2010 at 07:30 PM.

  5. #5
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  6. #6
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Thanks, but to find what I was needing I should find my posts containing her nickname, which, because it contains only three letters, doesn't return any result.
    Btw, I think the minimum number of characters in a word to search should be decreased to three, especially because it is impossible to search for the acronyms of the types right now.

    (got a connection problem, someone cursed me , I'm posting the quotes in a minute)
    Try surrounding it with spaces.

  7. #7
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  8. #8
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I love how you just post your own arguments, without actually providing the evidence you speak of.

  9. #9
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Thanks, but to find what I was needing I should find my posts containing her nickname, which, because it contains only three letters, doesn't return any result.
    Btw, I think the minimum number of characters in a word to search should be decreased to three, especially because it is impossible to search for the acronyms of the types right now.

    (got a connection problem, someone cursed me , I'm posting the quotes in a minute)
    use the advanced search and enter [QUOTE=Bee as the keyword and filter for your username in the User Name field. assuming that your looking for text you quoted.

  10. #10
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  11. #11
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Cool! Stupid me, this worked... I used "quote=Bee" - including quotes. This doesn't solve the XXX type acronyms issue, though.
    yeah, it can be done but indexing the forum for three letter words would make the search database crazy huge (if I remember correctly)

  12. #12
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Hmm... I can't force you to acknowledge it, I'm leaving them here for the ones who want to. What kind of evidence do you need?
    Your evidence consists of rhetoric piled over rhetoric. You simply say and expect people to believe.

    You are a very arrogant man if this is all you plan to post. Thinking that all you need to do is once again, post dozens of quotes of what you say, and then when people are not convinced, raise your hands up and say "Why don't you believe me?" It is incomprehensible to me. I was expecting some actual quotes from bee and how you say they are Fi at the very least.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  13. #13
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I rest my case for stalker.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  14. #14
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  15. #15
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I cannot prove Bee is SEI in any convincing way since I have never met her in real life, but I will say over the time that we have been talking on MSN, i have found her to be my identical. I will discuss your points.

    your story shows no description, it is connected only to people, to ties. no colors, no smells, no impressions about the places. you look for your identity more than most people i've known. my ex gf was an IEE, she finished that drawing school, interested in art, etc. i heard this kind of stories over and over again.
    being an artist doesn't mean you're SEI. you are most probably a IEE! if you're shy this doesn't mean you're an introvert. i'm really pissed-off by this IMPOSTURE that's why i will never tolerate you as you pretend. you idealized this type and live in your own world. i wouldn't want to heart your feelings, but the truth is one and i won't close my eyes to it!
    in my experience IEEs are hard (if not impossible) to turn back from their convictions, but i still hope.
    Did you even read that story? Every sentence is a declaration in the story. That is declaring, not asking.

    "Soon she begins to fear, and to resent. She was manipulated into this. Bianca is finally happy for the first time in her young life in a long time, and she is going to lose it all. She breaks down. The freakouts and flip outs begin again. She is all alone in this pain, she is sure of it. Silly little girl."

    However, I am sure you are aware that I am horrible at making art, but I still love looking at it.

    Bee, i don't have anything against you, neither your story is something bad, just i suspected you of being another type for some time, in fact i though you are and SEE but this story made me think you are an IEE. don't take me wrong. and btw, if you were a SEI you would be inclined to listen to me, at least a SEI would send a priv asking "do you really think i could be ... ? let me tell you it is not true because ...". for example many SEIs, men and women mostly reacted to the fact i said they are not really inclined to logic. you seem to ignore this warnings totally.
    i want to stop following and attacking you once for all but i don't think i could ever ignore the false.
    You are way too sure about yourself, which pisses Bee and I off. You tell us who we are, unequivocally. No lie, I asked archon "Do you think I am EII" over text message yesterday. I do that, I wanted to ask Gilly how he sees me as SEI, but it may be a bother and I don't think Gilly knows me well.

    It's not that, not at all, talk to SEIs and you'll see. They're the opposite in too many aspects to count, for example SEIs by default consider that getting an advantage means to please people first, while SEEs find this behavior stupid, they rather constrain to get rid of opposition.

    But once again (don't take it personally): you're not SEI and can't do anything about it, no matter how hard you try. Get used to the idea.

    @Rubicon: Agreed! With SEIs you can change the subject easily if you find no interest, simply interrupting them. They very easily adapt and talk on the new one, I tried with both men and women. It's not even something to remember for them, except the case they tried to warn you about something but you did not have the patience to listen, then when the bad thing happened they say "I tried to tell you but you did not listen".
    I personally do the bolded. I change subjects quickly if the need arises, and I know I have done that in real life. Subjects change as the feelings change.

    Khola, I have no personal agenda as you think, you're just not SEI. If you think this is Te, suit yourself.

    I know very well what I wrote about SEI's aggressiveness. I repeat what I said before: your lack of compassion was not my reason to type you otherwise, I didn't use as an argument for this and your connection is unfounded - getting aggressive sometimes =/= lack of compassion, anyway. Basically most of your personality dismisses this type, stop insisting that I'm guilty of something because this is not up to me to decide.

    FYI, SEIs react on the moment, they don't keep hard feelings usually(I keep hard feelings for you because you continue to act like a jackass), and to say that your condescending behaviour towards several people - usually long after they allegedly "attacked" you - was a moment reaction is absurd. All Maritsa33 has done was to type you as SEE. You actually attacked her, it was a delayed retribution and it was not a simple attack, but an attempt of humiliation. I confidently can say that any SEI would not do such thing (Krig, I'm convinced of this).
    The fact is that you're a Se type and because of your ignorance you don't like to loose, you attack anyone who disagrees with your self-typing.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  16. #16
    Creepy-male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I cannot prove Bee is SEI in any convincing way since I have never met her in real life, but I will say over the time that we have been talking on MSN, i have found her to be my identical. I will discuss your points.
    Just a thought, but "I identify" is not a useful sentiment for Identity. "You're describing me" is, however, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    You are way too sure about yourself, which pisses Bee and I off. You tell us who we are, unequivocally. No lie, I asked archon "Do you think I am EII" over text message yesterday. I do that, I wanted to ask Gilly how he sees me as SEI, but it may be a bother and I don't think Gilly knows me well.
    So is it, "Pinocchio is full of shit" or "I don't want to listen to Pinocchio because I take personal offence"? Honestly, the first batch of quotes by Ephy here seem to make a lot of sense, but I get how it's easy to get all up in arms about a perceived personal attack.

    However, assuming I am, in fact, SEI, I think it's a bit uncharacteristic the way you're dealing with your disagreement. Pinocchio often makes typings I think are a little strange, but it's no problem to just ignore them as, "Ok, I don't understand, and I probably won't be able to". In fact, when anyone disagrees with my self-typing, I have a similar reaction, and can just let them disagree, whatever. (Though I'm always curious as to why they disagree.)

    Ephy, what do you think about what I've said above? I think you actually have a reasonable picture of what an SEI is like.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I personally do the bolded. I change subjects quickly if the need arises, and I know I have done that in real life. Subjects change as the feelings change.
    I think he was rather talking about how easy it is to distract an SEI in conversation. This is why we need Alpha NTs, to keep us on track and then distract us. (I'm thinking of various conversations with my EII mother, SEI music teacher, and ESE friend (weird friend, considering she's really, really old, but it's a lot of fun getting to gossip about interesting events with her!) where we go off on fantastic tangents at the drop of a hat. This is kind of frustrating with mum, actually, since I'm obviously more likely to have "business" talks with her (compared to the other two) where the tangents are unneeded diversions; I've found myself meaning to say things for who knows how many tens of minutes on end sometimes, for instance.)

  17. #17
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  18. #18
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  19. #19
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    FYI, SEIs react on the moment, they don't keep hard feelings usually, and to say that your condescending behaviour towards several people - usually long after they allegedly "attacked" you - was a moment reaction is absurd. All Maritsa33 has done was to type you as SEE. You actually attacked her, it was a delayed retribution and it was not a simple attack, but an attempt of humiliation. I confidently can say that any SEI would not do such thing (Krig, I'm convinced of this).
    When you say that Khola "humiliated" Maritsa, are you referring to Khola's "kill all humans" and "serious business" posts? Or something else?
    Quaero Veritas.

  20. #20
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  21. #21
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he was insinuating that I was joking in both of those posts in order to try and diffuse the argument (which I was)
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  22. #22
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Isn't that what I quoted?
    I didn't see any specific references to those posts; maybe I missed them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    I think he was insinuating that I was joking in both of those posts in order to try and diffuse the argument (which I was)
    Well, not so much "insinuating" as "leading up to", but yeah.

    Pinocchio, you've rather grossly misinterpreted Khola's intentions for posting those things. She thought Maritsa was taking things way too seriously, and tried to point that out with humour in order to alleviate the tension and restore an atmosphere of light-hearted Fe. Maritsa, either because of her poor comprehension of English, or her not being Alpha, completely misunderstood Khola's intentions and took the joke as a personal attack. Personally, if I had been in that situation and Khola had directed those jokes at me, I would have laughed, realized I was being silly, and made some joke in response about the inevitable robot apocalypse. It was very much Alpha humour.

    There are two things necessary to type someone: 1) an accurate understanding of socionics, and 2) an accurate understanding of the subject's character and motivations. In this case, Pinocchio, you completely lack the latter.
    Quaero Veritas.

  23. #23
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sarcasm seems to be poorly translated across the interwebs at the best of times, I can't really mock him too much considering that the only language I can speak at any decent conversational level is English while he is sitting there typing away in what I now have come to believe is not his native language (am I correct?) ......

    But yeah, that. Perhaps in person it would be a different story? I'm guessing he's not planning on an Australian adventure any time soon and I am megabroke pretty much all of the time, so perhaps we could get on Stickam some time soon?

    It seems that lately whenever I try to jump into stickam chat it has already disappeared. This makes me a sad panda Perhaps it's just that my functioning hours are pretty much the opposite of those belonging to the vast majority here, but it does seem as if interest for stickam chat is waning. More stickam ftw?

    I'll try to be more precise and simplified with my responses toward Pinnochio in the future, but I am still a little conflicted in doing so due to my:

    1. Urge toward teh lulz/Sarcasm
    2. Dislike of formalities
    3. Not wanting to act differently toward him compared to others in case he sees it as condescending or as me taking him for a fool (which is probably a moot point if he isn't grasping other subtleties anyway, but hey, irrationality ftw)
    4. Occasional laziness.

    But yes, that.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  24. #24
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  25. #25
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  26. #26
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    No, Maritsa took no personal attack that I can remember, I don't even remember if she answers Khola or not in that thread.
    Oh, sorry, "took the joke as a personal attack" means "interpreted the joke as a personal attack" or "understood the joke as a personal attack". I was saying that Maritsa thought Khola was attacking her, when Khola was really just joking and trying to lighten the mood.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    WTF joke? Because you say so?
    This is how I interpreted what happen and if you have another version that's fine for me, but it doesn't mean it is true.
    As a native English speaker, it was quite obviously a joke. "Kill all humans" is not standard English; it's a reference to a funny pop culture meme. The intent was clearly to be light-hearted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Thank you, but who the fuck are you to approve my understanding?
    ---

    As a matter of fact, why do you have this special interest in the matter? Can't you suddenly sleep at night because because of her concern?
    My interest in this matter can best be explained by the following webcomic:
    xkcd - A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language - By Randall Munroe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    @Krig the Viking: because you seem so confident in your knowledge, can you please tell me what type I am?
    I initially assumed your self-typing of ILE was correct, but after that post where I mentioned that ILE and LSI are both the "Cause-Effect" cognitive style, I've started to see how LSI might fit. So right now I'm trying to narrow it down between the two; so far I can see a case being made for either one. I don't want to say any more, though, until I've properly sorted through the evidence. I might just conclude that ILE was correct after all.

    I haven't found the arguments for you being Gamma very convincing, so far.
    Quaero Veritas.

  27. #27
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  28. #28
    Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada's Prairie Farmland
    TIM
    C-LII
    Posts
    2,647
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    When I'll see someone drowning I'll tell him "beat God" to cheer him up, right?

    Thanks for reinventing the culture, so the "meme" guys have the copyright on this expression? I didn't know that Maritsa and Khola were watching these together, though.
    What are you talking about? Do you know what a meme is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Should we make a poll somewhere else to see if the majority of the native English speakers understand the expression the same way as you do? (the second google hit). [yes/no]
    Haha, I was actually going to suggest a poll myself. Something along the lines of:

    "There's only one thing left to do Maritsa - kill all humans. It's the only way."
    Is it
    a) a light-hearted joke?
    b) a serious personal attack?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I prefer that you be explicit about this. There were two separate questions:
    - Who the fuck are you? - to judge who's right and wrong and which interpretation is correct?
    - What's your motivation? - to be so uncommonly involved in this compared to other topics?

    You're a Ti Rational (you say), you'll have no problem in being clear and concise.
    Oy vey, fine. Some people have no sense of humour.

    1) Who am I to judge who's right and wrong and which interpretation is correct? I'm not any sort of authority figure, I just have a fairly good understanding of the subject matter, enough so that I can see the errors in your reasoning. If you can show me where I'm wrong, I will gladly concede.

    2) What's my motivation to be so uncommonly involved in this compared to other topics? My main motivation is that I think you're demonstrably wrong, and I want to correct you. That was the point of the comic. It annoys me to see things which are not true stated as fact.
    Quaero Veritas.

  29. #29
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  30. #30
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    No, Maritsa took no personal attack that I can remember, I don't even remember if she answers Khola or not in that thread.
    WTF joke? Because you say so?
    This is how I interpreted what happen and if you have another version that's fine for me, but it doesn't mean it is true.
    ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Maritsa took no personal attack, I perceived it like that, and the reason why I was more attentive to this was that Maritsa supported the opinion that she's SEE previously,
    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    There's only one thing left to do Maritsa - kill all humans. It's the only way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    How can you say something like that? That is the cruelist thing I have ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    and I knew since that moment that Khola will look for vengeance. Khola's action was ignited previously and I was expecting it.
    As stated previously I simply found her blog spamming and spamming in general annoying in regards to nagivation. Pretty much nobody gave a fig about her typings because her methods had no merit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    She hates anyone who doesn't dance on her song (like you do, for example) and that's why "beauty and love" is political bullshit.
    Actually, you're wrong again. Kam's sig used to say "Working for Truth". I thought it would be a bit funny/silly to have a matching sig to his because we're both design mods here - so I edited mine to "Working for Beauty and Love". I think you'll find that by their powers combined they are a super lame quote from the movie Moulin Rouge (which in itself was vomit-worthy romantic and a little OTT) I couldn't care less about beauty, unless it was inner beauty. I like dressing up and looking cutesy for fun because I think it allows people to relax and enjoy the atmosphere around me but I take fashion about as seriously as.....well not seriously at all. Sure, I'm a hopeless romantic, I'll give you that. I'm not quite sure how you've managed to translate me being a bit of a tool for kicks into me attacking anyone who doesn't merge with my ideals. I think diversity is key to personal growth and learning personally. I just don't endlessly suffer fools at the expense of my own comfort (although I'll tolerate them long enough).

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    This "sarcasm" excuse was used previously by other users who asked for banning and whatnot, I personally don't swallow it. Be "Alpha" along with Khola and Kamajama and type me Gamma, if you prefer, it's impossible to implement correct typing on this forum, I'm not deluding myself anymore.
    Ok, just because you don't understand the sarcasm involved doesn't mean that it's wrong or it doesn't exist. This is the same sort of issue that I take with you in your typing methods. You seem to take something at extreme face value and then if you don't immediately understand it, you put it in an opposing quadra to the one you have chosen for yourself. "I don't like/understand it, therefore it is my conflicting quadra" is kind-of an emotional way of typing someone without actually looking at the logic behind it. It is rather infantile, I'll give you that, but more in terms of a three-year old that isn't getting what they want than an infantile socionics type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Thank you, but who the fuck are you to approve my understanding?
    ---
    And who are you to approve all of our understandings? Pot calling the kettle black?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    As a matter of fact, why do you have this special interest in the matter? Can't you suddenly sleep at night because because of her concern?
    I'm pretty sure the only person taking this 'issue' seriously at this point is you.

    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  31. #31
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    WTF joke? Because you say so?
    This is how I interpreted what happen and if you have another version that's fine for me, but it doesn't mean it is true.
    Ah, the crux of all Pinocchio/the rest of the world problematic interaction.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  32. #32
    constant change electric sheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,296
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    why everyone continues to feed pinocchio's arrogance is beyond me.
    The saddest ESFj

    ...

  33. #33
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Says he posting a new thread about him

    You loveable stooge
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  34. #34
    Creepy-cinq

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    why everyone continues to feed pinocchio's arrogance is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Says he posting a new thread about him

    You loveable stooge
    I can visualize Pinocchio in the middle of the night, by the light of his monitor searching for old posts to add to his collection to make his arguments. If members continue to challenge him, we'll never see him again. He'll be too busy going through the archives, enmeshed in all of his lines of argument he can make with the evidence.

    I kind of like him though - don't ya just want to grab him by the cheeks and pinch them? I hope he had a chance to take his girlfriend out for Valentine's Day. :wink: (all in jest)

  35. #35
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I can visualize Pinocchio in the middle of the night, by the light of his monitor searching for old posts to add to his collection to make his arguments. If members continue to challenge him, we'll never see him again. He'll be too busy going through the archives, enmeshed in all of his lines of argument he can make with the evidence.

    I kind of like him though - don't ya just want to grab him by the cheeks and pinch them? I hope he had a chance to take his girlfriend out for Valentine's Day. :wink: (all in jest)
    She's on to me!
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  36. #36
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Definition of Meme

    Quote Originally Posted by Princeton WordNet
    Noun

    * S: (n) meme (a cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one person to another by non-genetic means (as by imitation)) "memes are the cultural counterpart of genes"

    Nothing to do with watching TV. Not a show. Memes are cultural ideas. The fact that you don't even know what it means for something to be a meme kind of demonstrates Krig's point.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  37. #37
    Creepy-Pied Piper

    Default

    Removed at User Request

  38. #38
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread is shopped. I can pixel from some of the tell, and seeing some meme in my time.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



  39. #39
    <something> Wynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a Hill
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    3,910
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I took it as a joke, not necessarily meant to lighten Maritsa's mood specifically, but to lighten the tone of the entire thread. I also think that it should be obvious to anyone reading it that it can't possibly be taken in any kind of seriousness, regardless of whether or not you're familiar with the meme. As Krig mentioned, the phrase is extremely bizarre to use in every day English. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it and my boyfriend became curious and read it as well, succumbing to laughter of his own.

    I think the purpose of the sentence should be obvious. Khola was pointing out the futility of being continually upset over what happened because anyone who knows Gilly knows that he won't go back on an action like that. As a by-product she made her comment to make light of the situation. The comment is then supposed to serve two purposes. First, it's supposed to be a gentle way to get Maritsa to see that she should probably save herself the stress. The idea of killing all humans is over the top and carries with it the idea of someone going on a crazy rampage. It's too hyperbolic to be taken seriously, but it carries with it the underlying context that it's futile to continue on the path you're going because it leads you to nothing productive. If you are in any way lighthearted, you can look at that and have a little laugh at yourself. A good way to lighten up when you're angry is to relax and take yourself or a situation less seriously. Second, the joke itself is supposed to lighten up the entire mood of the thread, make people laugh, and see that the whole argument is pointless because what's done is done. Essentially, the sentence carries with it this unsaid prologue: "We've reached the end and there's nothing much we can do about the whole thing." ... "There's only one thing left to do, Maritsa - Kill all humans. It's the only way."

    Honestly, Maritsa's reaction and your interpretation is a pretty clear-cut example of a non-native English speaker's lack of familiarity with what can and can't be expected out of English in an English-speaking culture. No one who speaks English as their native tongue would ever take "kill all humans" as something cruel or mean. It's simply too ridiculous and it doesn't even make sense. I know you won't agree with me because I think we could give you a mountain of evidence to prove this again and again and you won't see it, but I'll keep saying it until the end of time. Your poor understanding of English as a language impedes your ability to interpret people in this kind of setting. If necessary I will take one of your posts line by line and show you all the ways in which you have poor English.
    Last edited by Wynch; 02-15-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

    Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

  40. #40
    I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    ESE
    Posts
    3,535
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    +1

    Also
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •