Thread: ISTps are so unique and all different from each other

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default ISTps are so unique and all different from each other

I have to say that I find all SLI to be very unique and so individually different from one another. Why is that?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    I have to say that I find all SLI to be very unique and so individually different from one another. Why is that?
    Females are indeed somewhat unique, and not really stereotypical like the man. But I don't know too many of them to say something reliable.

The men mostly all share:

-sharp looking face, cheeckbones.
    -boring jokes, but they are at least trying to be funny which keeps the atmosphere good.
    -Coolish behaviour, aware and observant.
    -They seem to look AT you and really READ your face. Sometimes pretty intimidating since they seem to keep looking just a second longer at you then what is comfortable.
    -Most of them are thrill seekers. Whether it is fast driving, bar fights or criminal activities like burglary.
    -Womanizers, or at least focussed heavely on sex. Often make hidden sexual suggestions to women.
    -Sometimes wearing special / easy noticable clothing.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    -Sometimes wearing special / easy noticable clothing.
    I was under the impression that SLIs would want to blend in and not stand out in order to feel comfortable in their environment.

And maritsa, I have no idea what you are asking; are you asking us why SLIs are different from eachother or how? I have a hard time believing you really are wondering why people look different.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, each type has a continuum to it.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LII-IEI
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLIs are my beneficiaries. I like most of them. There are different subtypes:
    Te-SLI: the bouncer
    Se-SLI: the epicure
    Ti-SLI: the athlete
    Si-SLI: the pacifist

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell happened here? did your break or something?

Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    I was under the impression that SLIs would want to blend in and not stand out in order to feel comfortable in their environment.
    Not the Si types, they can be seen wearing fashionable clothing, Te types also sometimes.

Not that these types never wear black or so, but they often have very unique and noticable clothing.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    That is true. But I also like wearing stylish clothes sometimes.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're unique because we like being unique.

I wonder if they look alike or not. I am puzzled by this interesting type.
    If Parkster was browner he could be my brudda.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my bf is very stylish and he's ISTp. I mean, he doesn't go over the top, but always classy nice looking things. He's never worn anything I didn't like or thought was weird (which is a huge change, as most guys have a least a few shirts that SCARE me. Which is always awkward as you don't want to tell them what to wear). So yeah, let's give the ISTps credit where credit is due.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    my bf is very stylish and he's ISTp. I mean, he doesn't go over the top, but always classy nice looking things. He's never worn anything I didn't like or thought was weird (which is a huge change, as most guys have a least a few shirts that SCARE me. Which is always awkward as you don't want to tell them what to wear). So yeah, let's give the ISTps credit where credit is due.

The SLI:

"I carry my adornments only on my soul, decked with deeds instead of ribbons, mantled in my good name and crowned with the white plume of freedom!"

Cyrano de Bergerac
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband wears only blue jeans and khaki pants, and always the same brand. And only gray or white t-shirts, or dark blue or white golf shirts. Always the same brands.

His choices of clothing are based on 1. comfort and 2. price/value.

I don't think any one type is more or less variable than any other type.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reason i don't have a closet full of jeans, shorts and collared shirts is because then people would think I never change out of em.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    My husband wears only blue jeans and khaki pants, and always the same brand. And only gray or white t-shirts, or dark blue or white golf shirts. Always the same brands.

His choices of clothing are based on 1. comfort and 2. price/value.

I don't think any one type is more or less variable than any other type.
    Nothing apart from that?, No watch, no ring, not some small triffle that sets him apart? When he walks into a room, does he enter with grace and command, to let all who care to see, without need to be told, that he has arrived?

I think there is more to Slacker Dad than meets the eye.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    Nothing apart from that?, No watch, no ring, not some small triffle that sets him apart? When he walks into a room, does he enter with grace and command, to let all who care to see, without need to be told, that he has arrived?

He does not even wear a wedding band (nor do I). Don't know about the "grace and command" thing. LOL. I will watch. I kind of think he tries to remain unnoticed though.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrano View Post
    The SLI I know does that

He'll even say something like "Did the room just get hotter?" to go with that.

Oh, and he intentially makes it a point to dress down. He actually stated at one point that he was going to change the accepted style at work to less formal (by example). That said, his body carries those clothes so well, that his informal clothes LOOK more formal on him.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. . .having possibly another SLI interaction today. He is the boyfriend of my friend's sister so not a romantic option (and cultural issues would preclude it anyway). Today was the second time i'd hung out with him. Lots of Si and Te going on. Lots of "caretaking" moves from his end (on a platonic level). Dont' know maaaaybe he's an LSE.

In reference to Maritsa's original point, I have to affirm that his demeanor and "look" is a bit different from the other SLI i closely know. This one slightly more smiley, face a bit more open and less "smoldering" than the other SLI. Interaction a bit easier--psychological distance relatively close from the outset, conversation flows easily, both of us genuinely interested in what the other has to say--this part seemed like a dual interaction.

It's interesting that these 2 SLIs grew up around very different circles of friends and values (could also be culturally related), which may explain their nuance in demeanor. It could also be that I was immensely physically attracted to the one SLI and not quite so much to this recent one (who isn't available anyway), which made for a different approach to each from my end. I also had a working relationship with the old SLI, and just a friend interaction with this one.

Just some observations i thought i'd share.