Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I'd really love to know what this dream might mean:

I was taking a bath in this old victorian looking bathtub with decorative silver faucet. But the water that was all dirty and muddy. So I thought I need to do this something about it, while I was standing there and the water started to reach my ankles. I don't why, but in that dream I decided to call my grandpa to take a look at the water, but that moment my mom came in the bathroom and she told me that granda won't come, because he died.
    Yeah, I agree with Adam. The dirty water in the bath tub to me symbolizes a mess you are in, or maybe feel inside of yourself. It seems you are reaching out for outside help to fix it but realize you are alone.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @Adam Strange. I though of that, too

TIM
    INTp
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had this really disturbing dream that consisted of someone carving up live puppies like it was a perfectly normal thing to do.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This morning I had a dream of hiding in this building, from something I don't remember what or what most of the dream was about. I do remember hiding behind this glass veranda at the entrance of the building, facing this pond in an urban area. I was afraid some kind of giant fish or sea creature would emerge from the pond, so I felt safe in this building. It was nightime, but there were no stars. If I remember there was a slight glimmer of artificial lights reflected in the surface of the pond, which was otherwise pitch black.

I just remember I was walking through these rooms in the building (later on) and Dwayne Johnson was in one of them. There was some fries and a hamburger there, too (the room was a kind of a kitchen?) big fries and small fries. I ate the small fries, they had no taste, and looked uncooked, then the big fries but not the hamburger as it had already been bitten by someone. Anyways, Dwayne Johnson was there, and I started speaking what I thought was Dutch to him, but upon waking I realize they were just made up words that sounded Dutch.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had three dreams last night.

In the first one, I had gone over to a new GF’s apartment to pick her up. She invited me in, and while we were talking, her cat asked to go outside. When we opened the door to let it out, there was another cat waiting just outside the door. The two cats immediately attacked each other and rolled into a locked ball under a table.

In the second dream, my GF was an SEI who looked like Taylor Swift.
    This was obviously one of those Chased-By-Monsters horror-dreams my subconscious devises to wake me up, which worked.

In the third dream, I was at my ex-wife’s place for some reason (to drop off misdirected mail or something) and she mentioned that she had a date that evening (which will never happen in real life - she will never share again).
    But it made me think about why we had managed to marry in the first place. I had thought she was just amazing. Not 100% perfect, but very close, and she had thought I was passionate about my work and about her.
    Which was true at the time. Lol.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't remembered my dreams for a week or more, the moose one was the last one. That's usually a bad sign I'm not going into a deep sleep. Sometimes I only feel half asleep and feel like I'm thinking all night...I wake up at least 3 times a night usually.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The 'big fries' and 'small fries' in my dream. Dwayne Johnson is the 'big fry' and I am the 'small fry', muscle-wise. I think that's what that part means, especially when I spoke to him I was saying what I thought was Dutch for 'fries'.

Anyways, what it all means: I had been thinking about Dwayne Johnson recently (before the dream) and how he represented something I can't attain physique-wise because he does intense training and probably does roids too. The point is, I've been projecting my expectations too high, especially recently, and I think the dream is telling me, it's ok to be a small fry, at least compared to The Rock since most guys are anyways. So the last part of the dream is not about fitness per se, but about projecting my expectations too high.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    re: dreams and sleep -

actually, i think people -remember- their dreams more with bad (light, short or 'interrupted') sleep. theres a years old thread here that linked to some page saying so, saw the thread a ~week ago. all i can say is that's true for me - when i [remember] my dreams, its usually when i sleep/nap for <4 hours.
    ah, I've never been able to take naps. I can't sleep during the day at all. I've read most dreaming occurs in REM, and I don't feel like I get to that point a lot anymore. I'm a very light sleeper and almost anything will wake me up. I only dream when I go into a more deep sleep, which is rare anymore...I suppose there is just differences in people tho

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did read an article abt that and can see what you're saying. I prob enter deep sleep and R.E.M. more than I realize I'm sure, but when I do wake during the night, I rarely remember any dreaming I've had. Maybe this is unusual. When I'm woken by the alarm or other people, I don't either, because I'm focused on the situation immediately at hand or usually in a hurry to get up and get ready and not about what I was dreaming of. It's usually when I have time to wake up on my own and reflect right after I've slept that I can remember. I didn't used to have as much stress and responsibilities and remembered my dreams much better then. Maybe this is unusual, idk. I wouldn't call it 'special', though, more like a pain. It might just be related to stress.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i had a dream i ate tostitos with salsa. i think someone was murdered but i don't remember because distracted by tostitos

i do remember thinking it was really dumb that we had several mini jars of salsa instead of just one big jar.
    awldjkwepierpgokqweølfqøerlkfdaergnhtm¨å¨æ''-we-fqpoeufasdøflthøljwtlhkjrøtlhhhhhhhhhhsapfoeporipr
    "WELL I'M SORRY THAT I LIKE TO HAVE OPEN COMMUNICATION IN MY RELATIONSHIPS" - Galen 2k13

Banned
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    i had a dream i ate tostitos with salsa.

i think someone was murdered but i don't remember because distracted by tostitos

i do remember thinking it was really dumb that we had several mini jars of salsa instead of just one big jar.
    important news and events unfolding in your life but you need to organize it all better. the murder represents the uneasy urgency you are ignorning.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dreamt of kissing this girl who had a beard, it was really beautiful, her lips soft

then my 90 years old granma (who's dead..) was pregnant and we didn't know who the father could be but I was reckoning how long she could still live to take care of a lil baby and I offered to raise him up myself

unrealistic dreamer turd mrrrmaid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't normally remember dreams so the vivid nature of this one was weird and there's probably some pretty easy interpretation.

So I was in a coffee shop that I used to work in and as I walk to the bathroom, my high school best friend and her brother walk out in the other direction. We exchange an awkward hello but that's it. [Real life context: This is a friend who I'm not in contact with anymore because I kept having to call her up to arrange catch ups and I realised all the effort was all on my side so I decided to wait until she contacted me to meet up again and she never did - been 4-5 years since our last catch up] I go to the bathroom and one of my coworkers is there and she's dishing out sweets so I take one - and I realise that my friend's brother had had one in his hand as well. Almost immediately the room starts spinning and I realise the sweets are spiked and even though my orientation is completely off I run out to find my friend and her brother. Sure enough, she's crouching over him as he's freaking out on the floor, obviously also having a bad trip. I join them and start cradling him and talking him through it, telling him I'm experiencing the same thing and he isn't crazy. At this point he calms down and we all sit on the floor whilst I catch up with my friend. By the end of this, she's really thankful and calls up all my friends I've had throughout my life and they all come to a party to celebrate. The dream basically ends with people applauding me and fighting over who has been my friend the longest / who is my best friend (even though many of them are people I haven't spoken to in years).

So lost friends and rampant narcissism ~
    Craving attention from people who have forgotten about me, maybe? Anxiety over the short lived nature of so many friendships?
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was was wondering about meaning behind a dream I had a few months ago. I was exhausted and I fell asleep. I slept like normal.. Before I woke up I was a male lion and there was a female lion licking the small of my back. I could smell myself as a lion and my temperature was hot. I felt adrenaline and as I lie there the female lion kept licking the small of my back. It was painful. It was like there was a dick on my back that had been used so many times it was bleeding and raw. She was licking it, but it hurt because of the hooks on her tongue, and the soreness of it.

It was nails on chalkboard like pain. That's the best I can describe it. I just lay there and let her.

Lion-sleeping-the-zoo-lions-36835738-800-600.jpg
    Amber casts infinity of shadows, and my Avalon had cast many of its own, because of my presence there. I might be known on many earths that I had never trod, for shadows of myself had walked them, mimicking imperfectly my deeds and my thoughts. -Carl Corey(Corwin)CC

Merlin has a very different personality than his father and, oddly enough considering his upbringing, considers himself to be a "regular guy". He lacks both the ruthlessness and the crudity of Prince Corwin, and seems to be almost allergic to ambition, a rare trait considering his parentage. Merlin has dark hair and light eyes. His colours are purple and gray, although he also uses the blue and gold colours of Berkeley, where he studied Computer Science on Shadow Earth.

TIM
    C-IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't remember dreams much lately and when I do dream I feel like they're mostly pretty straightforward. I dream about having conversations with people or being late for work, stuff like that. I have two main recurring themes that could be symbolic though.

1. Wandering throughout a very very large public restroom/locker room type of place and getting lost or constantly discovering new parts of the place. I usually see people in there but we never speak to each other or look at each other. And I never know why I'm there. And no one in there is changing or using the restroom usually. Just kinda hanging out not speaking or making eye contact. It's a bit creepy and uncomfortable.

2. Exploring an old house, usually a house that I am kinda familiar with but never got to see all of it. I usually end up trapped in the walls.
    9w1 7w6 2w3 so/sx

Always open to suggestions on my typing, but I'm back at IEE for a while I think.

RCUAI (rx|U|ai)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

dreamt of being chased by vampires and zombies inside a grocery store

this interpretation might be a reach but I'm gonna take it to mean Halloween is coming up. just my guess.

TIM
    SLE is your mom
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a pretty cool dream last night. I went camping with my boyfriend somewhere in the woods with a group of other people. We ran out of food, so we decided to go to the nearest town and buy some junk food and beer. There was a guy with a truck who offered us to take us downtown and told us, he was also missing a friend and he needs to find him, he thought he might've gone to the town as well.

We did some shopping and on our road back the driver became kind of weird. He told us he saw a ghost of a woman in front of the car on the road. Nobody really believed him and all of sudden there was a man on the road hitch-hiking. I thought it was that friend of his, but it turned out it was some random guy from the camp, so we took him with us.

We asked him about the driver's missing friend and he said that there's a pub near, (a pub in the middle of the woods) and that we should go ask there. The 4 us got out of the car and entered the pub. There was this big fat bold guy looking kinda' pissed behind serving beer, I went to him and asked about the missing friend. He said, he didn't see anything, but we should ask the ghosts. The bartender explained to us, that every person leaves his ghost at every place he visits.

I got approached by two blonde twin, they told me they are all ghosts of a woman who comes here really often, that's why it's two of them. The ghosts of their kind have a very short time to live, and only stay at the place for an hour. They apparently knew where the guy had gone, and agreed to show me, but we had to hurry to find him in an hour before they disappear.

And then I woke up.
    "Suck a dick dumb shit."

TIM
    SLE is your mom
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another one from my episode of weird dreams:

I was a in a hotel room taking a shower, when suddenly a woman stepped in. It wasn't weird, her being there even though I didn't know the woman at all. She pulled out a rope made from torn plastic bags and tied it on a ceiling. In that dream I thought she was just being a big attention whore and that there was no way the rope could ever hold her weight. She wanted to hang her self, but the plastic begs torn and she was lying on the ground.

She left the room and came back with a really weird machine. She plugged it into a socket, sat down in front of a TV watching something lame and injected a needle from that machine into her vein. She told me that it's full of a human blood type A. Injected blood type A into her body would potentially kill her. I told her, she's just messing around and that she wouldn't do it.

Shortly after the wrong blood type went through her vien, she had something like an epilepsy attack and I actually got worried. I told her to stop, but it was too late and I couldn't save her.

Injecting a wrong type of blood into your body is really a weird way of dying, not sure how my mind came up with the idea really and I definitely have no idea what the hack it could actually mean and why I was so cold about the woman attempting suicide.
    Last edited by Freya; 10-29-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    "Suck a dick dumb shit."

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It was a nightmare, and I don't remember much of it, but i was with a woman in a nightgown and her stomach kept exploding, shooting her guts everywhere, and a bunch of (birds? bats? bugs?) would fly out.

Maybe it's just because ive had a stomach ache

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had two fairly common themed dreams in a row a few days ago. One was another expanding house dream where I kept finding rooms I forgot about, and the second I haven't had in a while. I was driving and went to brake, and the brakes wouldn't work. My kids were in the backseat. My whole dream I was trying to figure out how to slow down the momentum of the car so if we did crash, we wouldn't die. My emergency brake was also not working. I kept telling everyone to make sure their seat belts were on, and I read once that if they relaxed their bodies they were less likely to be injured. I finally got the car stopped at a restaurant and was waiting outside in the dark. A very friendly and outgoing waitress came up to me and started talking. At first I thought she was annoying and then I started to like her. Somehow my 6 year old and I ended up in the car again. She was driving and went up to 60mph, with the brakes still not working and I somehow got behind the wheel. We were on the interstate at first, but the surroundings kept shifting. I kept dodging cars going too slow, hoping to god we wouldn't be going down hill...but I can't remember anymore... I think I woke up and then started remembering the time I was in college and my brakes really did go out. That was scary, but luckily I was on a not very busy flat country road with few stop signs!

I think the first dream was because I'm facing some changes in my life and we are potentially moving. The second dream I think also has to do with these changes, but I feel out of control a bit, and my kids in the backseat, I'm trying to control it all, even how we could crash. Because I'm a control freak. lol

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

dream note to self: if you see a giant spider with red marks run up the wall and hang from the ceiling, do NOT walk underneath it

spiritual aggressor/volcel Troll Nr 007's Avatar
    TIM
    Ne-ILE-C 7(93?)
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was locked up alone in a grocery store and then an otter appeared soon after there was a beaver. Then I looked outside and realized that a huge robot was terrorising the area. Soon I was in a forest and saw a pine cone running at first it looked like a mammal but soon it turned out to be a lizard. I thought it would be scared of me but it followed me soon there was another one following me. I got scared.
    You can suggest an alternative type based on video found in HERE

extrospection > introspection

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213