Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been having a lot of subconscious feelings making themselves known with their time in the spot light these past few nights. My parents disappointments in me, caring for my Mom like she were a small to toddler, my brothers separation from me, you know, the usual 4 AM wake up bullshit. Gotta love Lucid dreaming. Defrag the machine, erm brain.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What senses are active in your dreams?

The most common by far for me is sight. Then probably physical touch / sensation - texture and sense of movement mainly. Hearing tends to be more of an impression usually. Like when people talk it's more I know what they are saying than that I actually hear it.

I realized this morning that smell and taste are very rare.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()

"Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

"Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    What senses are active in your dreams?

The most common by far for me is sight. Then probably physical touch / sensation - texture and sense of movement mainly. Hearing tends to be more of an impression usually. Like when people talk it's more I know what they are saying than that I actually hear it.

I realized this morning that smell and taste are very rare.
    Yes it's interesting. And what does that tell about sight? is it the oldest and most developed sense? In everyday life sight seems to be the most important, it is "the world" and the other senses accompany it.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My most memorable dreams are... well, I could almost call them symbiotic. It's as if I am a part of them. I know they are not me, yet I feel as if we are one and the same. Like, if there was a halfway point between being the player and the character in a video game. It's both you in point of fact yet it also is not in your mind. Even so, you're leaning hard towards the "it's you" possibility despite the fact you have a distinct sense of separation from that obvious fantasy that must have occurred in a dream...

Problem is, how, exactly, can we distinguish the most realistic and vivid dreams from reality?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamt I was exploring a series of branching passageways. Their shape was what you would have if you took a wide door, dropped it into the ground, and swept it through the earth, excavating a trench as you went, but the trench had a glass roof that was level with the ground. The glass let in light, but it was partially covered with underbrush, because the passageways had been there for a long time.

The passageways were part of a large maze in a much larger field behind a house, and as I wandered through them closer to the house, the path suddenly branched into the dark basement of the house, with stairs leading up to the main floor, and I recognized the basement as being that of my grandfather’s house, and the passages that I was in as being a part of a basement maze that had terrified me as a small child. I had been afraid that I would wander into it and get lost, but now I was approaching the passages from a different perspective.

I realized that the maze that I was in was much larger than I had thought it was as a child, and potentially easier to really get lost in, but at this point in my life, I had more knowledge and greater resources, and so I felt confident I could follow that passage, associated with such terror in my childhood, out of the basement to see where it led.

I walked through the maze for quite a while, sometimes taking a left branch, sometimes a right, looking for the place it would exit into the air. But as I walked, it got later and later in the afternoon, and the light overhead got dimmer, and I felt heavier and heavier, as if a weight were growing in my chest. I came to understand that I owned this property and it was my responsibility to either extend the maze or abandon it. As my pace slowed and I felt I needed to stop and rest, I turned a corner and found my grandmother waiting for me, with her arms out to comfort me.

And then I woke up.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314