Thread: Dream Interpretation Thread

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Do you dream of electric sheep?
    Only if I were an Android. Alas, I am not.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    The dreams you can't remember if they were dreams or reality are my favorite ones. And they're more... logical, too.
    My favorite dream I've had is one where I realized I was in a dream, then immediately wondered if I could wake myself up. I tried over and over again, but every time I thought I was awake, weird things happened to set off that I was still in a dream. Now I can't consider reality ontologically different from a dream at all since there's absolutely no difference perceptually, and any hypothetical thing beyond perception is completely meaningless to me. I mean all these people ramble about the afterlife and simulation theory and all that, but what are those contained in themselves? If you were somehow a brain in a jar, is that jar in a simulation, and that simulation looked over by angels, then the angels are figures of your imagination as a brain in a jar? It's the sheer possibility of recursion that makes the idea of anything beyond perception meaningless, really. And that's what I actually had to deal with in the dream, first-hand, not as some mental exercise.

TL;DR Don't have interesting dreams or you become a German idealist

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptikos View Post
    Only if I were an Android. Alas, I am not.
    Liar. Only androids have rational dreams.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Liar. Only androids have rational dreams.
    Dreams by nature are a mixture of the rational and irrational.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find painting dreams to be more interesting than trying to explain them through words. When you try to write about them, there is a tendency to rationalize them, stripping the dreams of their experiential, subjective content. Dreams take our experiences, combines them in irrational ways, which we then try to rationalize.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

This is a new dream trend for me and I cant figure out what it means: Horses attacking me. I think they often suddenly turn on me and its unexpected, but not sure if it was like that in my last one. In one dream there were two horses and they were attacking both me and my father. I ended up managing to pick up a chainsaw and the horse ran into me and I killde it. In the last one it was just me and one horse, i found some tazer electric shock tool that i killed it with at the end.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I dreamed a dream of times gone by...

Seriously, I dreamed that I was writing on this forum about how I've fallen for someone who dislikes Socionics just like me, haha. I wrote the post in a state of some weird lovey-dovey-ness; sometimes I am in this euphoric state where the world seems bright and joyful. It's a state I get mostly into when I am infatuated, but not always. Either way, once that moment had passed, I realized I did not actually love the guy. I'd never loved him. But I had entertained the idea of loving him. Sometimes, the idea of doing something can just be as satisfactory as actually doing it. Anyway, so I ended up deleting the post. But @Chae quoted me, however leaving out the part about me being in love with a guy who does not like Socionics. Tongue-in-cheek, she implied that she knew I was gonna delete the post etc.

My dream also involved other aspects, like actually being around that guy and seeing him in a different light before writing the post. He was better looking, ha. (He looked like a white version of this guy, haha. Wow, the similarity is uncanny and I am seeing those pics for the first time... This is eery. ) We were walking alongside each other, or sitting beside each other, in an old castle-like building in the late afternoon, with an overcast sky. The atmosphere was rather still and silent, with tones and an air that were cool but not uncomfortably so. The atmosphere was like Jimin's look, haha. If that look could be mirrored in a building or a "vibe". (I might have seen Jimin walking in front of me in the castle too, looking like this, haha.) But I actually do not remember exactly what else happened. There might have been a tournament or challenging game of some sort.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 06-03-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jereme View Post
    This is a new dream trend for me and I cant figure out what it means: Horses attacking me. I think they often suddenly turn on me and its unexpected, but not sure if it was like that in my last one. In one dream there were two horses and they were attacking both me and my father. I ended up managing to pick up a chainsaw and the horse ran into me and I killde it. In the last one it was just me and one horse, i found some tazer electric shock tool that i killed it with at the end.
    If it is a dream trend then it surely is important. Could be referring to major changes in life etc.

Horses could refer to instincts. If horses attack you and you fight them back there could be a conflict between your natural instincts and your conscious attitude.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

To really pinpoint what those dreams mean, @Jereme, you'd have to explore what horses mean to you personally.

How do you feel about horses? What kind of adjectives would come to mind? Are they mostly negative or positive or neutral?

I once read in a psychological test that one's attitude towards horses reflect one's attitude towards men. In my case, that actually rang rather true when I took that test. (Whether horses = men for everyone is questionable.) Following that interpretation, it is interesting to note that the horse was attacking Jereme's father, the primary male figure in her life (as of now, or at least in her childhood). They were also attacking her and "turning on her unexpectedly". Just based on that information, I could guess that perhaps Jereme is afraid of potential male love interests unexpectedly turning on her and harming her (mostly emotionally).

A potential male lover would threaten the position of the primary male figure in Jereme's life which as of now is still occupied by her father. So maybe that's why the horse was attacking her father. Perhaps there's an internal conflict in Jereme concerning accepting a new primary male figure in her life replacing her father. Maybe she does not trust men (enough). She feels like they are not safe, unpredictable and dangerous "animals". All Jereme can do, is killing those beasts in order to stay safe.

But again, this interpretation could be entirely wrong if the horses did not actually represent guys.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    If it is a dream trend then it surely is important. Could be referring to major changes in life etc.

Horses could refer to instincts. If horses attack you and you fight them back there could be a conflict between your natural instincts and your conscious attitude.
    They've stopped now. I have trends for like a week then it ends.. But interesting thought.

I have themes that stretch out over longer periods of times, one of them is rather embrrassing so I wont say that. But that one I havent had for a long time but recently came back which is interesting. The other one is being on airplanes. Sometimes they havent taken off, sometimes they take off but its really unstable, sometimes it crashes etc. Sometimes it lands safely too but the ride isnt staedy and it feels unsafe. I know what these ones are about though. One I had was we crashed, but while we were crashing I remained calm and accepted my destiny. I thought that was nice. Another one that deosnt come as often is there are huge animals that breaks lose (maybe you can count the horse dreams into these too), and often animals that dont even exist in the real world. And one dream I had to lead an elephant through a huge busy highway-

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    To really pinpoint what those dreams mean, @Jereme, you'd have to explore what horses mean to you personally.

How do you feel about horses? What kind of adjectives would come to mind? Are they mostly negative or positive or neutral?

I once read in a psychological test that one's attitude towards horses reflect one's attitude towards men. In my case, that actually rang rather true when I took that test. (Whether horses = men for everyone is questionable.) Following that interpretation, it is interesting to note that the horse was attacking Jereme's father, the primary male figure in her life (as of now, or at least in her childhood). They were also attacking her and "turning on her unexpectedly". Just based on that information, I could guess that perhaps Jereme is afraid of potential male love interests unexpectedly turning on her and harming her (mostly emotionally).

A potential male lover would threaten the position of the primary male figure in Jereme's life which as of now is still occupied by her father. So maybe that's why the horse was attacking her father. Perhaps there's an internal conflict in Jereme concerning accepting a new primary male figure in her life replacing her father. Maybe she does not trust men (enough). She feels like they are not safe, unpredictable and dangerous "animals". All Jereme can do, is killing those beasts in order to stay safe.

But again, this interpretation could be entirely wrong if the horses did not actually represent guys.
    In general I like horses and I think they are kind and beautiful creatures.. But they are a bit scary because theyre much bigger than me and so they have power over me if they want. Them being a symbol of my partners is a possibility though i feel its irrelevant in my life right now. But yeah that makes sense that Im afriad they will turn on me. Its not a subconscious thing and something I already know. In one of the dreams the horses were cutting off and changing skins before.

My father actually has no role at all in my life and I feel general disdain for him because he has had no impact in my life.. Hes a 9. So Im upset because he didnt teach me how to stand up to those big animals because hes not a typical macho "father figure". Hes like hay stack. Dry, malleable, can do no harm. Lol.

I had a dream this night about a big fight in my family that broke out while i was in another room. In this dream I had a little sister (I dont irl) and my dad looked like another person but he was my dad in the dream. Thats irrelevant probably but anyway. I came out and my father was holding a knife to my little sister and was abotu to hurt her. I felt that my father was deeply evil and then time kind of froze and I walked up to them, took the knife and cut two cuts on my fathers face (on the cheek/jaw) then ran off. I have a lot of cutting in my dreams, also.

Maybe the horses are representing inevitable changes in my life but I keep getting scared and stopping them (hence killing them)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Envisioner View Post
    Dreams by nature are a mixture of the rational and irrational.
    Like a viking ship sent of in flames towards the horizon. A swirl of experiences all coming together. With your self as the only spectator.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I just remembered a dream that I had to have had about 10 years ago. There were a bunch of fat, pale Elizabethan English aristocratic ladies in ruffles who had some sort of club with each other and an obnoxious habit of ending every single sentence with an unnaturally enthusiastic "JA?" and replying with "JA!" For whatever reason, I found this terrifying, probably because it was uncanny, but now I'm just thinking of why exactly I picked that as the theme. Maybe something to do with a movie since I vaguely remember something about a movie being involved.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general I like horses and I think they are kind and beautiful creatures.. But they are a bit scary because theyre much bigger than me and so they have power over me if they want. Them being a symbol of my partners is a possibility though i feel its irrelevant in my life right now. But yeah that makes sense that Im afriad they will turn on me. Its not a subconscious thing and something I already know. In one of the dreams the horses were cutting off and changing skins before.

Maybe the horses are representing inevitable changes in my life but I keep getting scared and stopping them (hence killing them)
    Horses are generally something you should try to control and ride (if horses represent men, then I should not be allowed within 25 feet of available men). They are a paradox because animals represent what's rejected from humanity and somewhat base, but then the nobility is defined by being able to ride horses. It's pretty much trying to get the conscious and the subconscious to work in unison which creates nobility directly from the base. Wild horses are hardly "kind" creatures at all and will kick your skull right in, but horses actually can't control you just due to their size because human beings are much, much smarter than horses. Of course horses relate to change since what they're used for is to travel long distances quickly, but the fact that they're just trying to kill you then you try to kill them is the significant part. Aside from that there's not enough detail.

And if anyone says that this is all nonsense because symbolism is completely personal, it's really not. It's a language that you have to know how to speak and most people are actually better at than a lot of people seem to think (metaphors and idioms are really not that arbitrary and if you can't understand a decent amount of an unfamiliar language's idioms, you are kidding yourself. All other symbolism is basically the same idea).

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My dreams usually consists of illogical transitions where meaning is totally lost or it fades away while it progresses. Like this (albeit this a sudden change): You suddenly enter the room and see wheel of fortune handled by someone you know.
    Do you trust your luck or is it possibly a set up?

One time I read about GTA series and did little bit of research. Next night I had a dream where sweet Disney world was mixed with organized crime world simply coexisting together.

Had freakishly symbolic and somewhat complex dream once. Just by comparing it my own life I found somewhat tight explanation to it in few minutes. No book knowledge needed. I don't really dreams in first person perspective very often.

I was walking down the road where our family lived when I was a child (road name contained snake part in it). Suddenly walls started to emerge on both sides. They grew and grew. Then walls started to emerge in front of me but they were tiny and you could just jump over them. Car emerges and stops next to furthest wall. I decided to take a short cut (very steep road not meant for any sort of vehicles). As I went on and on road started to get steeper and steeper. Gravel under my shoes loosed its grip and I couldn't continue. I turned into a forest to get a better grip. Plants started to reform and suddenly I was surrounded by snakes.

Avoiding something?

I think using modern stereotypes might help you out more.
    Childless career woman who sees cats in her dreams and flood of cats -> crazy cat lady.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamt that Chris Pine was eating fried eggs off of my body.

This is probably one of the most random dreams I have had so far.
    There's a scene for that
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    There's a scene for that
    Omg >_< Haha.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I dreamt I had a graduation party and my father chose to wear a dress... a pink dress.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I dreamt I had a graduation party and my father chose to wear a dress... a pink dress.
    Have you ever questioned his sexuality before?

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmmm I used to have dreams where I went to school in my underwear.

More nightmares:

When (compulsory ) military service ended I had recurring nightmares that they lost my personal information and forced me to do it again. Those were the worst. Ruined the next day completely. Never again, never again. You morons. Not going to fight for my country despite of (forced) oath (I only moved my mouth).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a dream that some guy that looked like a mid-20s version of technology boy from American gods was on Conan O Brien and his schtick was that he smoked a lot of heroin, and he was doing it during the show after Conan said, "So are you high right now?" and he bashfully said "Awww yeah, I am." Then he pulled out a clear glass bowl and the audience started cheering him as he smoked heroin out of the bowl.

I also had another dream where I was talking to a guy who was on heroin but could somehow hold a conversation.

I don't like what my unconscious is doing..

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Yes, many times. But i think my dream was some kind of joke about his 9-ness (and sp/so). He would never do something like that as a 9, stick out and "rebel".

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

The night before that I dreamt I was on a rollercoaster and instead of something happening to me like it usually does, the girl next to me fell out during a loop and it felt very morbid and real. But me and the person next to her held on to her so she wouldnt fall down and die, but she was freaking out and the freakout felt also very real. :/ Later I went to complain, and all the people working there just ran away. I woke up with my heart pounding like crazy haha.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I dreamt that there was an island for young midget orphans only. There, they'd be taken care of, but they weren't allowed to leave. Somehow I (or the character I was being) managed to get to that island via some kind of odd helicopter thing. The place looked like an amusement park for little kids but without the rides. It was like a little cute town. I went into the main school where several of the orphans lived. I met some guy who was actually rather tall for a midget, but considered short for an average guy (he might have been 168 cm tall as I am IRL). I was on the shorter side myself in the dream, so he was actually slightly taller than me. We hit it off well, and immediately developed a crush on each other almost exactly on first sight. But our romance was technically forbidden; the midget orphans were not allowed to date "normal people". We decided to flee from the island together... We ran through the halls and tried to out-trick the system... I don't really remember how the dream ended. It was an odd one, one I normally wouldn't tell, but oh well.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamt that there was an island for young midget orphans only. There, they'd be taken care of, but they weren't allowed to leave. Somehow I (or the character I was being) managed to get to that island via some kind of odd helicopter thing. The place looked like an amusement park for little kids but without the rides. It was like a little cute town. I went into the main school where several of the orphans lived. I met some guy who was actually rather tall for a midget, but considered short for an average guy (he might have been 168 cm tall as I am IRL). I was on the shorter side myself in the dream, so he was actually slightly taller than me. We hit it off well, and immediately developed a crush on each other almost exactly on first sight. But our romance was technically forbidden; the midget orphans were not allowed to date "normal people". We decided to flee from the island together... We ran through the halls and tried to out-trick the system... I don't really remember how the dream ended. It was an odd one, one I normally wouldn't tell, but oh well.
    So much potential for delicious interpretation. Let's see tomorrow...
    Maybe I'll see it in my dream...

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The forbidden love: @Cassandra's dream meets Romeo & Juliet
    Serious version
    This is so beta irrational.
    Socially secluded juvenile midgets. Clearly a case for socially shunned people hung up in youth who has never grown up to meet social standards. Your pick is only mildly off but you already start feel socially secluded yourself since you realize that you have shrunken below your own status by taking subordinate position. You are going to accept it anyway. Together you try to break out from social shackles while being in a secluded place – you eventually have to cross some boundaries (island) together in order to break free.

This one shows clearly that you are not having any sort of oedipal complex building inside you (as many analyzer like to portray it that way) where you want grow that child up. That's so delta. They just don't remember their own childhoods' and they are off as we are talking about juveniles.

2. interpretation
    You have serious midget fetish which is not really accepted in modern society.

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is so symbolic so I can't resist trying to interpret

A part of the personality that has remained in a childish, undeveloped state. This state is excluded and not integrated into the conscious personality. There is a chance of integration if the conscious personality can "lower" himself or be humble enough and meet the other side, but also not taking on too big challenges to begin with. (get to know the most "normal" midgets first).
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know what you mean but I don't think it means anything. I once had a humorous dream in which my very manly and hetero uncle wore a pink polka-dot grandma dress and the dress didn't phase his masculinity at all... he just continued to str8 man ishly grunt and go through life with his blue collar bad ass ness. And likewise a lot of men might think being manly is wearing the right kind of sporty clothes, but they open their mouths and a purse falls out of it. I just don't think it makes a difference truly. It just really comes from within you know.

Or maybe I'm wrong and my uncle is a secret butt muncher. If so he's hiding it well. He can be so macho that it's gay I suppose.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Here's an extensive dream of mine from the 6th of April.

It's another love story dream involving time travel; those can be the most entertaining sometimes.

I could travel back in time through books, someone's autobiography in particular or even fiction. I was someone who felt incredibly lonely at heart in my everyday life, and who was obsessed with Marlon Brando. Somehow I managed to experience a real scene in his "memoir"... He was already older, in his late 40s or early 50s. We were intertwined as we were ascending a hill. He was being gentle to me, whispering something... as if we were together. He gave me a soft but juicy kiss, and I felt like I was finally happy. I was dressed in old fashioned clothing, so I didn't appear to be from the future. However, even though I had been experiencing this scene and similar ones already in my study of Marlon, this time I had been careless, and carrying with me a book about him published in 2016. It was the first book I've ever read that was about him. Somehow we were at his home now, which seemed to be set in the 1940s. Blissfully, feeling like this was finally the right moment, I told him how one could psycho-analyze someone and even travel back in time to understand them. I took one of the books I had carried with me, called On The Water Front. One could travel back in time to the movie scenes through the book as if they had truly happened. I read out a line from the book and shortly ended up in a scene from it [supposedly; at this point I haven't truly seen the movie irl]. Marlon was a young soldier, looking dapper in his uniform and incredibly handsome. He and his fellow soldiers/friends (around 3-4) had to quickly go somewhere. They were running across a bridge in the city (somewhere in Europe, either England or Germany). Everything was in black and white. I was both with them, and not truly, I wasn't affecting the story line or action. The others both acknowledged my presence with glances, but at the same time it was as if I wasn't there.

Back. "Just look at this book." He took it (the other one) into his own hands. His gaze had turned from soft to focused. He turned the book, on the back it was in German and featuring its publishing date. "See, this book tells you I can actually speak German. Furthermore, I'm from Germany."
    "2016?" He said, and slowly it dawned on him what was going on. He became stiff, wide-eyed, and then both confused and somewhat angry. He put the book down on a wooden nightstand close to us, he called for someone. I took the book back into my hands and quickly browsed through it, snickering about the first pages which were full of pictures of him almost completely naked, just wearing underwear and maybe a captain's hat. I was glad he hadn't seen that.

He sat down in a chair and I sat down near him. Now we've had a friend or relative of his in the room too, who also was in the know. Somehow I knew I was his dual (ILI), and that he likely would be receptive to what I'd say, even if he didn't particularly like it. "Will I die in 1913?" He asked. This date didn't make much sense; or perhaps he meant 2013? Either way, I laughed and said "No, you won't. You'll actually get rather old." We both knew his lifestyle was rather bad, which made him think he'd die young. "So I'll die in my 30s?" Surprised at this number, I smiled and shook my head. His female friend or relative made a face as if it would be a bad idea if I told him the exact number. She may even have said "Don't tell him." But Marlon insisted, "No, I want to know." I remained relaxed and playfully said: "I can tell you you won't die in your 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s." He took it well. Then the question arose - why did I travel back in time or "Psychoanalyse" him in the first place. I admitted my fascination with him. It became obvious I was in love with him. Somehow Marlon and the other person didn't take this well. My honesty had somehow broken the spell; he didn't feel anything romantic for me anymore. And the time had been broken too, somehow. Now, there was supposed to be a dance coming up. More family and a young girl in her teens entered the room. She was naive and a beautiful brunette (black hair with blue eyes). Marlon's eyes kept returning back to her form. I figured he was attracted to her; definitely more than he was to me. I was a middle-aged, mousey looking Jewish woman with grey streaks in my hair. I had dressed in a somewhat more colorful dress and asked everyone "How do I look? Can I go to the dance like that?" I was obviously delusional at this point, everyone was annoyed at how I couldn't let go and kept trying to be of that time and age. Eventually Marlon lost his cool, he took a big gun and opposed to shooting at a wall as his memoir said, he knowingly decided against that and shot at the ceiling until it almost entirely came down. I wondered whether this reality would break down and we'd see the pages of the book above us. But no, it was just revealed that this room didn't feature the kind of ceiling Marlon had been promised. This deceit depressed him.

Now, I was still enamored by Marlon and didn't want to let go. I was determined to travel back again, but in such a way I'd end up young and appealing to him. I expected him to forget about me telling the truth once I travelled again (which was the case almost every time). The next time I was a bubbly, naive young blonde on TV in a 70s music video. Even though he saw me, nothing came out of it. So I travelled again. I was in a car with him and his fellow soldier friends, but this time everything was in colour; and the guys all had luminous, breathtaking blue eyes. It was spellbounding to gaze into them; Marlon would sometimes look at me, and I'd be mesmerized.

Another time travel. This time he was somewhere in the future; technically a time he wouldn't be alive in. I appeared/materialized in a glass house in the woods. Very stylish, a cooler version of my real home. It was the winter time, the trees and ground were covered in white snow. The pewter wood created a beautiful contrast to the white. It was a spectacular view. Marlon was equally elegant, stylish, in his early 40s and dressed all in black. "Isn't this amazing?" I asked him when he touched the glass wall that was presenting the view. "You live in the middle of the woods in this beautiful home that my father designed." Marlon turned towards me, looking solemn. He could see the beauty, but it didn't touch him. He was intrigued by this future, but not in awe of it. My appearance and this futuristic home put him in the know I was from the future, and he was somewhere in it, too. He remembered me. There was a hint of a sexual tension in the air. I looked more like myself, a touch more exotic perhaps. Suddenly a bunch of Indian or Native American looking girls started jumping and running around us; Marlon became anxious. I calmed him down by saying "Those girls aren't real, you are imagining this." The girls disappeared. I was still trying to get closer to him, to catch another kiss, or even more. But the time (or his mood) was never right. I may have told him I'd return and we'd have a date or meet up of some kind, for the last time; but this time we'd consummate our love - supposedly. Then, I'd be satisfied and never bother him again. He didn't oppose it, seemed to comply.

So I travelled again. It was the backstage of some TV production, I was the bubbly blonde again. Everything was very light and white. Marlon was there (seemed to be the director), he took me to the side, excitedly - he was in the know, remembered the "date". He told the others he'd be back soon and needed to discuss something with me. He was determined... He pushed me into a bathroom stall and we hastily started making out. When he kissed my neck and décolletage, I shivered. We had sex, and it was great, exactly how I had wished it to be - intense, passionate. I didn't worry about becoming pregnant; on the contrary, I wondered what it would be like to birth his baby in the future - how it would look like; what would the others think when it resembled him a lot?

I didn't get pregnant. Even though we had finally had sex, I still wasn't over him. I wanted to see him again. This time, the set up was somehow much more complicated. The more often I travelled and met him, the more likely he was going to find out I was from the future and he wasn't in his time, which "broke the spell"; in other words, he wouldn't act in accordance to the story then, but unpredictably instead - which could be positive or negative; more likely negative. The very last time travel involved him at a train station, he was younger and in his uniform again. I saw him, and immediately filled up with excitement. I acted like I didn't know him. He got a ticket from some kind of automaton; one I had manipulated, so that he'd take a certain train to which i would also have access, so we could meet and become lovers. Being so enamored with him, I forgot to get a ticket around or before the time he got his - otherwise it would disappear. So his ticket (a big ring, looking like an onion ring) kept disappearing mysteriously because I didn't get my ticket in time, so he had to keep going back to the automaton to get a new one, which made him grow suspicious. Eventually it didn't disappear anymore, the train arrived. I was running to the automaton, trying to get a ticket. "Oh, so you have to take this train too?" He shouted at me, surprised; considering I wasn't a soldier myself. I nodded and shouted yes back. He didn't focus on me any further, and went on the train. Meanwhile, in order to get a ticket, i had to put a ring in the mouth of a very aged Marlon with horrible teeth on the display. But there was a glitch; the mouth wouldn't close. As if this thing had a mind of its own and didn't want me to get with Marlon. I despaired; and the train drove off. I had missed it - and Marlon - yet again. At that moment, the mouth shut, and I got the ring ticket. Frustrated and disheartened, I threw it to the rails. With that I had decided to never travel back to Marlon ever again and finally let it be.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Here's a silly, slightly TMI dream to analyze for you guys.
    (I think the meaning is rather obvious, but I am still curious to see what you come up with, haha.)

I dreamt I had been bitten by a vampire, and that would mean that in a few minutes I'd go rampant with my thirst for blood, so I'd have to be contained in a room. This blood thirst wouldn't last for too long, for an entire night at most, then I'd be back to normal. I was led into a room by some girl, it was a small room with wooden doors. It did not seem too safe for a crazy vampire fit. I was surprised she thought it would be. She expected me to go rampant but not be able to leave the room somehow. I told her that I had good self-control, that I've been bitten two times before and never went insane and drank blood from another human being. Basically, I was good at abstinence. She was positively surprised by that, but still doubted me a tiny bit.

She left the room, locked me in. So the minutes passed, the blood thirst was supposed to hit me soon. But then I felt like I might have to pee soon, so I said "Please let me out for a bit, I need to go to the bathroom." She didn't think that would be safe, considering I could go crazy any minute now, so she didn't let me and I accepted it. A bit of time passed again, for some reason the other door was actually free to open, and I went through it and saw some other people hanging out in the next room. Amongst them being a very handsome guy. Somehow the crazy episode never really occurred, or I seemed to have a really good tolerance for it, so I ended up getting to know the girl and the other people who took care of temporary vampires or mythical creatures in this apartment. I could not go back to the previous room anyhow, because some crazy werewolf lady had been led into it right after I've left the room, and they didn't have any other free room, so I just stayed with the others.

Turned out, the handsome guy was a vampire himself, but he was the kind that was half vampire half human all-the-time without the crazy fits. I found out he was one of the "entertainers" of those crazy guests. Technically he was a prostitute, so he did sexual favours, but he also let vampires drink his blood or similar. When my fangs started to get longer, and I pointed at them saying that meant my blood thirst would come up soon, they offered him to me, and I was confused: "Can I really drink his blood? But he's a vampire himself." They just laughed at my innocence.

So they all left the room, locked me in with him. We got closer, I asked him what his perfect woman would be like, and he said "Brown eyes, very long brown hair, and a perfect body". I fit the description except for the perfect body part. So we started to kiss, but somehow our fangs would get smashed against each other, or somehow made it difficult to kiss nicely and properly, so it was a bit unsatisfying that way. He took of his shirt and had the hottest most fit upper body I've ever seen, it looked unreal, so I was about to say "You are so good-looking" or something along those lines, but I thought that would be weird, so I didn't say anything. Based on his looks and so forth, I expected the sex to be great or quite good at least, but when it came down to it, our rhythms were totally out of synch... xD And he was slower and lazier than I would have like him to be, haha. I thought that was a clear sign we weren't really too compatible and/or that he didn't like me that much, so he didn't put much effort into it. All in all, it was okay but not really as good as I had expected it to be. I don't even remember whether anyone climaxed or not... probably not.

Afterwards, the others came back into the room and asked me how it was, expecting I'd say it was awesome, and I just said "It was fine".

After that, there's been some other things going on in the dream, but nothing really note-worthy.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 07-07-2017 at 01:38 PM.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dream from last night:

I am outside a house in the garden. It could be evening or even night. There is a girl at the 2nd floor of the house, maybe she lives there. I climb up to the window and knock on it to get her attention. I give her a sign that I want her to come outside with me. She accepts. She leaves her room and I'm waiting for her to get down and out in the garden.

There are also some other people in the garden a little further away, and I try to avoid being seen by them. I stay on the other side of the house.

Then she is just about to come outside, the seconds keep ticking, she'll be her any moment, but something happens, or the dream ends just there.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I rarely remember my dreams involving sex, but I remember the dream I had last night.

I was back in the apartment I shared with my engineering school buddy. He was still in grad school, but I was out and was making more money than I could imagine. I was just pouring it into a bank account for lack of any experience with money, and we both still lived like bohemians out of long habit. People were always coming and going in our apartment; friends from our expanding friend circle and acquaintances who were buying the weed we were selling.

My roommate, who was probably an LII because we admired each other but did nothing together, read that there was an artistic performance judging event that evening at a local sex club, and he wanted to see if he could win. He ran a comb through his hair and beard and off he went. I thought that would be ridiculous, and stayed home.

Soon a woman whom I’d never seen before showed up at the apartment and explained that she had heard of the event and she wanted to practice with someone beforehand. I liked her, she was nice and easy to talk to, so we had sex in the living room. We both had a pretty good time, mainly because we interacted easily and had practical ideas about what we wanted to do. It didn’t feel like she was practicing to me, more like she was just spending some pleasant time in the late afternoon.

Afterward, she decided to leave, but I got the impression that she wasn’t leaving to go to the sex club event. Instead, I decided to go, just to see what something like that was like.

When I got there, the performances had ended, people were standing around in various states of undress, talking and eating the last of the refreshments. I found my roommate, and he seemed phlegmatic, distracted, slightly cheerful, in other words, normal for him. I got the impression that he hadn’t won. He wandered off to get some cake, and a half-dressed, bright young woman approached me and asked if I had seen a particular guy, and proceeded to describe my roommate. I led her over to where he was standing and introduced them.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Last night I had another time travel dream where a past friend of mine had a certain red diamond (looked like the diamond from The Sims, ha) with which one could travel back in time, she just had to to change the time on her watch and one would travel back there... But actually, it would result in everyone's time being thrown back. The entire world would go back in time, so to speak.

I asked her to go back one year, so I could improve my grades (haaaa), otherwise I might not be able to make it or something. At first she didn't listen, but then...
    I was back in time, and I felt relieved and happy to be able to walk through the halls of my High School... Finally I'd be able to make the most of my time, I had compassion for myself and was highly motivated to do everything as well as I could; not just grade-wise, but generally.

Does this mean I have or haven't moved on? Maybe a mix of both...

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i love dream interpretation but i think it's very difficult to (correctly) interpret anyone's dreams except maybe your own, which doesn't invalidate the purpose of this thread, just something to keep in mind in case someone claims one of your dreams hints at repressed memories of childhood trauma.

dreams can only be compromised of thoughts that existed prior to you falling asleep, meaning that your mind is incapable of conjuring up a mental image out of thin air, so although it can extract components from various sources and create something (seemingly) new on its base, it can't magically create something out of nothing. when you're awake, you have conscious control over your thoughts. you pick and choose what you do and don't acknowledge. you repress, and your thoughts are filtered through and watered down by everyday distractions. when you're asleep, there are no distractions, you lose conscious control of your thoughts. it gives your mind free reign to explore the depths of your psyche and whatever you repressed during the day manifests itself in your dreams. most of the time it's whatever you expose yourself to the most, but sometimes it can be long-and-forgotten memories from years past. imagine your mind as a caged animal during the day. the cage is consciousness, and it disappears once you close your eyes.

does anyone here keep a dream journal?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Lately I have been having several dreams where I am in love with women, and I've never had this before. I have had endless dreams about having sex with women but not acting like we are together and in love. Weird.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    does anyone here keep a dream journal?
    I used to do it. I have collected hundreds of dreams for the last 15 years. On paper and as audio files recorded in the middle of the night with a sleepy voice and the dream fresh in memory. But now i cant recall my dream anymore in the morning, and if i do i only remember vague fragments. So i dont do it anymore.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to have a dream journal, I just wrote down a bunch of dreams though. Last days I've found it by accident and read them... and it was weird because I couldn't remember any one of them... I described the dreams pretty well in my diary but I just couldn't remember those dreams at all. While reading those "memories" though, I came to notice that they pretty much described very well what I was going through in my waking life... it wasn't a easy period, I was in one hell of abusing relationship at the time and my dreams were reflecting that, it was always dark in my dreams and I was always alone, with a little light by my side.

There are dreams I remember, after years, and I've never had to write them down... sometimes I see things and make experiences in my waking life, and then can't help but reconnect them to a dream I had. Sometime some dreams are gonna stay forever, I still remember some of the ones I had when I was a little kid, and that's pretty intense.. why do we remember some and come to forget others? Uh

nice movie to watch: Waking life.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

had a dream that I died.

I went on a road trip with my family. we were driving through the mountain rage. narrow roads, steep mountain cliffs, NO barricades. my brother lost control of the wheel. I tried to regain control but no bueno. we swerved straight off the cliff but there was a long interim period where I naively hoped that we'd make it. the fall seemed like it went on forever. I naively hoped again that we'd make it. darkness hit. we woke up in a campsite at the bottom of the mountain range, there was border control nearby, but it felt far away. the car didn't look totaled, it just looked... old, and I felt empty. so empty. several cars passed us by but none of them stopped for us. it was a while before we realized they couldn't see us. we spent the duration of the dream scavenging for food, silently reminiscing, at one point I had to wonder if we could even see each other. cars continued to pass us by without so much as a glance. the experience was wrought with dread. it felt so cold and isolated, and the fall was gut-wrenching. 7 hours later and I'm still caught in a warped daze.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dreamed that I talked to a friend of mine a few weeks after he died. It was as real as any waking experience. I had to tell him he was dead, because he didn't know.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was waiting in dreadful anticipation for graduation day. I failed all my classes but I tried to keep it a secret from my childhood nemesis' mom. I lied about moving across the country to avoid dealing with her before or after the ceremony. I devised a sneaky plan to retrieve my belongings from my locker, but I forgot where it was, so I shoplifted a few items from a store inside the school. now I'm climbing a mountain with my childhood nemesis. it's steep, we've got nothing but a rope to keep us from falling to our death. there are evil things lurking at the bottom of the mountain, they're chasing us. we're stuck playing a cat-and-mouse game with the evil things for what feels like hours. I'm mildly aware that I'm dreaming, but I'm still scared shitless.

does anyone else experience real emotions in their dreams?

writing about dreams is a fun time because I know that my written recollection of the dream barely scrapes the surface of what really happened.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast