Thread: Dichotomic Groups

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dichotomic Groups

Lately Iíve been thinking about Quadra dichotomies and how they play into Interquadra groups. This arose when I noticed three major groups in my class at school. My own group seems to be Alpha-Delta, another seems Beta-Gamma, and the third is probably Gamma-Delta. Now, I got to thinking how two adjacent Quadras can only connect on one axis of functions (Ti/Fe, Te/Fi, Ne/Si, Se/Ni). If this is the case, in order to harmonize the two, the group would connect specifically on the set they can agree on.

As a result, the Alpha-Deltas would be primarily Judicious (Ne/Si), the Beta-Gammas Decisive (Se/Ni) and the Gamma-Deltas Serious (Te/Fi). Interestingly enough, the Judicious group has very little connection the Decisive group and there is also a bit of tension between them. From what I see, both groups have ties to the Gamma-Deltas here and there. And, the Serious group doesnít seem to have an opposing group, which would theoretically be Merry (Alpha-Beta).

Not only do I think that types in certain social conditions will arrange into Quadras or Clubs, but I think that they might also naturally sort into these types of groups. If a Merry group did exist, I think the resulting alliances would split the groups and theoretically have them reorganized into Quadras (i.e. the Betas in a Decisive group would eventually side with Betas in a Merry group, etc.). However, from what I observe, there is no Merry group, and in such a case, these types of groups formed in place of Quadras.

Note: These groups certainly arenít inflexible and there are exceptions (I think a Beta hangs out in my Alpha-Delta group of friends, for example). But generally I see this.
    What do you think?
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I think you should continue observing these trends and record them, including accounts with relevant details.
    I concur. More stories!
    Quaero Veritas.

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, there are LIIs out there that aren't loners and actually have a group to fit into?

In my experience, Alpha-Beta groups tend to prefer actively resenting a Gamma-Delta Serious group. It was always very odd to so easily slip into unnecessary rivalries. Of course, I always knew people that got bored without a little action stirring the pot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewZ View Post
    Wait, there are LIIs out there that aren't loners and actually have a group to fit into?
    I guess so. I like to have free alone time, but I usually do a lot of that outside of school. Instead, a lot of my socializing is with this particular group I've mentioned. I don't really have many ties apart from it, although there are a few.

@aixelsyd: I can certainly do that. I’ll just need to be a bit more consciously observant, since I’m already good at observing.

From what I can tell, many people refer to the Beta-Gamma group as “the preps” (which in our local slang basically means popular, arrogant kids). They’re not all like that, obviously. Almost all of them (males and females) are athletic, but there are also females among them that are your drama types (from what I see, mostly Beta NF). I definitely agree that they are a “group made up of smaller groups”. A lot of the divide I think is between Rationals and Irrationals, though that’s just an off-hand guess.

The group I’m part of (the Alpha-Delta?) is centered around an ILE. There’s myself (LII), a possible IEI guy, an ESE male, a female SEI, and then I think we have an alliance with an LSE, SLI, the LSE’s girlfriend (former ILE’s girlfriend), and a few others. We almost seem like two different groups that are bonded together, though remaining subtly distinct. There’s not a lot of drama, usually. A lot of the common humour is Ne-based. As I mentioned before, I think that there’s a silent tension between this Judicious group and the Decisive group. For the most part, we’re dorks and they’re jocks.

The Gamma-Delta group (so typed) almost has their own side of the school. They keep to themselves, and since I haven’t spent much time among them, I have no idea what they really do or talk about. They’re almost like a median group—the Alpha-Deltas and Beta-Gammas have contacts in it and that’s where a lot of the overlapping is. There are some Alphas among them (an ESE and an SEI for sure, but they’re tied to an EII girl who’s in there. This is the group I have the least knowledge of, but Gamma-Delta sounds right.)
    IJ temperament
    LII ()
    LII-Ne
    H-LII
    Ni-LII
    iei-LII

Enneagram: 5(w4?)