Thread: Two people Id like you to type

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Two people Id like you to type.

Some people Id like to type. Sorry theres alot to read.

Person 1

Im pretty sure his type is INFp. I came to this conclusion while writing this up, so Im still not too sure.

He lives an orginal lifestyle, he is an artist.

He likes to wear original, eyecatching clothes. Somewhat of a narcissist in his appearance. He likes the "dandy" look- has a thing for eton jackets and dandy outfits. Often wears a black, glitter covered trenchcoat. Likes to combine bright colors in clothes: for example, black and reddish orange, blue and yellow etc. His clothes are always high quality, probably expensive stuff. Has a very unique style.

He is not cold, distant, or unresponsive but he wasnt too emotional or mellodramatic either.

He is kind of "speedy" in his movements, kind of energetic. He often looks downwards in a conversation as if from excessive shyness. Often he seems intimidated when I talk to him(kind of like infps do when I use too much ). He is not imposing or exuberant in his behaviors, he is kind of shy. He was seems pretty sensitive when people talk to him, like he feels theyre being too imposing or blunt. He has a dreamy, helpless, puppy dog look in his eye, like hes just been victimzed in some manner.

Hes interested in alot of strange and exotic subject matter, for example, sadmasochism, murder, drugs etc.

He is very nice and polite, and never shows aggression, bluntness or sarcarsm around people.

He knows how get close to people he likes, and prefers to avoid others instead of criticising their flaws.

Person 2

He was my best friend back in Las Vegas. I always thought his type was esfp, but from VI he seemed isfj. My current guess from his behaviors is XXfp. But Im actually pretty confused as to what his type is and Id like to know because this was a pretty important relationship in my life. Its kind of hard cuz I havent seen him in a while, so the description might not be as fresh as the other one, but bear with me.

He never seemed very assertive to me. Kind of shy, but knows how to connect with people really well. Has ease in making contacts, but shows alot of fear of rejection around people as well. He has alot of friends, ever since I knew him he always knew alot of people.

Very generous, altruistic, he'll give you the shirt off his back if you need it. People pleaser; doesnt try to be "right" or "logical" around others, just goes with the flow.

Sometimes his people pleasing would go too far in my opinion, like he was too obsessed with fitting in or being popular.

He was very trustworthy. He had alot of chances to betray me, but he never did. For this reason he was a very good friend.

Often he lost his temper but it didnt last long. When he got mad he'd get sarcastic like "ooooh look you won again, oooh this and that".

Sometimes we fought cuz I thought he was irresponsible or he didnt care about certain things. Also his room wasnt very clean. Its not that it was dirty but he never seemed to care too much for order; he wasnt anal or controlling.

He took care of his look. The impression he made on others was taken very seriously, in fact everyone thought he was charming.

The look in his eye was kind of shy, like he was holding back.

He had a good sense of humor; he laughed at my jokes.

He thought it was funny when I got into "intp mode" and criticisized everything. He always agreed with me in my criticism of other's stupidity.

He always stood straight and tall.

He liked non team sports like skating, DDR(dance dance revolution), weightlifting etc.

He was not very organized or self disciplined, he hated ROTC. For this reason I felt comforatble around him(people who are too rational stress me out).

What are your thoughts? Any input will be appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFJ?

Person 2 sounds an awful lot like an ESFJ guy I knew in the army. Could you be INTJ actually?
    Of course with only a short subjective story to go by pretty much anything is possible, but the description fits ESFJ very well, and since ESFJ is one of the most stereotypically feminine types, male ESFJs can be rather hard to recognize at first.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Person no. 1 actually sounds more SEI (ISFp) to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Actually, i think you are right.
    So this would make Cheerio ENTP then...
    Oh well, nevermind. :wink:
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

1st person: ENFp
    2nd person: ESFp

Just a guess, might be wrong.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Actually, i think you are right.
    So this would make Cheerio ENTP then...
    Oh well, nevermind. :wink:

I see the arguement for ISFp in the first person, that would have been my second choice but the dreamy intuitive look in his eye seems very . The atrraction for glamour seems very beta quadra to me, which might explain the interest in eyecatching clothes which you might be mistaking for .

I also see how my friend could correspond to ESFj like curious soul pointed out. This is because of the self sacrificing traits and desire to be popular, lack of fear in expressing vulnerabilities etc.

When I compare him to esfjs I know, he was alot more non-intrusive. exfjs I know tend to "correct" me when I say something that tips them off, and he didnt do that, which leads me to beleive he isnt dominant . Also when I look at his photo he isnt effusive enough for ESFj(I compare to the esfjs on rmcnew'w site), he looks like hes kinda holding back and looks just like one isfj on rmcnew's site. Ill have to look through my photos tonight and find more pictures to double check.

But as I think it about he does have something esfj about him. It was funny how we connected, I've never felt so understood by any anyone in my life, so its hard to beleive hes esfj if Im intp.