Thread: xLE/ExI supervision in romantic relationships

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default xLE/ExI supervision in romantic relationships

How do ExI's supervise xLE's with Fi in regards to their romantic relationship with each other?

How do they supervise them in general?

real life observations/experiences > "I imagine it would be" or "I've read it would be something like this", please
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter is LSI.

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Irrelevant.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all I have is my imagination

but I'd imagine that it would be ExI enforcing seemingly arbitrary rules on the xLE. xLE feels limited because they have to behave according to rules which aren't easily understood but are compatable with the way they see things. This is consistent with any IJ > EP supervision.

With IFj > ETp, ETp finds themselves having to focus on how others will feel about what they say or do and to behave accordingly. It's far more natural to behave freely and with some logical guidelines. "If there isn't a 'real' reason, what's the point?" might be a Ti attitude on Fi, but it should be emphasized that Ti is not the primary focus of xLE. xLE would most likely see that what ExI is saying is important and be unsure of how to handle it.

A bit of a general supervision explanation, but I did what I could.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 02-04-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I tried to think of an example of a supervisee marraige, then I remembered-my mom's mom is an ESI, and my mom's dad is an SLE. They're an old couple and have raised 5 kids together. She does behind his back, like sending birthday money to grandkids without his knowledge

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    all I have is my imagination

but I'd imagine that it would be ExI enforcing seemingly arbitrary rules on the xLE. xLE feels limited because they have to behave according to rules which aren't easily understood but are compatable with the way they see things. This is consistent with any IJ > EP supervision.

With IFj > ETp, ETp finds themselves having to focus on how others will feel about what they say or do and to behave accordingly. It's far more natural to behave freely and with some logical guidelines. "If there isn't a 'real' reason, what's the point?" might be a Ti attitude on Fi, but it should be emphasized that Ti is not the primary focus of xLE. xLE would most likely see that what ExI is saying is important and be unsure of how to handle it.

A bit of a general supervision explanation, but I did what I could.
    to me it's more like you get this sympathetic understanding and direction for your relational fuck ups. you like the understanding and you feel like here maybe is somebody who can help you, since they understand your problem so clearly. you feel like they are quite clear on what you need to do and so it should be easy. but you try to do it and you can't. supervisor doesn't really care, since it's really not all they think about....but they notice when you do the same thing again, so they offer slightly different advice on the same theme. you still can't do it. the more you are around them the more the dynamic comes out. it becomes a worn old record groove and the supervisee can develop a complex. you are drawn to your supervisor's understanding and can't argue with their criticism. you try to do what they say with very limited success. so you feel like you are always disappointing them. they don't understand why you can't do what they say to do. they get tired of saying the same thing.

the relationship becomes overly defined by this dynamic since the supervisor doesn't value Ti, and cannot connect with XLE on the level of Ti. the supervisor is logically tired, boring, and dry in their thinking. very mundane and everyday. they can't really "play" with XLE or banter with them. they are offended by the anti-Fi humor of XLE. the relationship starts to feel like no fun at all. since it always comes back to supervisor's ethical domination.
    Last edited by Blaze; 02-20-2010 at 02:00 PM.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Real life observations:

EII ;After establishing a shitlist on the persons ethical character they blacklist the person and avoid them(Or what blaze said about the groove of the relationship established).
    Before shitlist:ILE person gets drunk alot and also does the following, not neccesarily drunk all time: ILE is overly nosy and disregards formal relations and comments with Ti on Fi's dumb boundaryies. EII bitches out ILE for being a childish baby.

SLE:continues to say how awesome self is constanlty which just makes him look like an ass.Tells blatant lies to dumb fucks to make himself look powerful. Ex: Look at how smart and cool I am: we all know you cheated and gamed to get there prick.(Fe HA) See Carlos Mencia.(SLE as far as I know, tool)
    Kinda like kanye in that regard and other rappers. (SEE)
    EXI totally avoids such a character or instantly calls them out.

XLE constantly fucks up psychological distance or just says whatever they want to say, ie hugs girl and flirts in front of their boyfriend. Makes them look like an ass without acknoledging so EVER. XLE continues to ignore Fi, will steal petty stuff, petty crime XLE inspires XEI to laugh at them and tell them all the stupid shit they are doing and how to get around Fi, pissing of EXI by acknoledgin XLE's Ti.

EXI gets pissed at XLE's newfound success.

As for romantic relations...in general all I've heard is that no one would ever want relations with XLE (EII on ILE), or they assume that, so they criticize their behavior in general. Frankly I've never seen actual romantic relationship advice from EXI for XLE, in my expirience supervision has been too painful for them to even get to that level.

I cannot make paragraphs on this forum correctly spaced.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    Real life observations:

EII ;After establishing a shitlist on the persons ethical character they blacklist the person and avoid them(Or what blaze said about the groove of the relationship established).
    Before shitlist:ILE person gets drunk alot and also does the following, not neccesarily drunk all time: ILE is overly nosy and disregards formal relations and comments with Ti on Fi's dumb boundaryies. EII bitches out ILE for being a childish baby.

SLE:continues to say how awesome self is constanlty which just makes him look like an ass.Tells blatant lies to dumb fucks to make himself look powerful. Ex: Look at how smart and cool I am: we all know you cheated and gamed to get there prick.(Fe HA) See Carlos Mencia.(SLE as far as I know, tool)
    Kinda like kanye in that regard and other rappers. (SEE)

XLE constantly fucks up psychological distance or just says whatever they want to say, ie hugs girl and flirts in front of their boyfriend. Makes them look like an ass without acknoledging so EVER. XLE continues to ignore Fi, will steal petty stuff, petty crime XLE inspires XEI to laugh at them and tell them all the stupid shit they are doing and how to get around Fi, pissing of EXI by acknoledgin XLE's Ti.

EXI gets pissed at XLE's newfound success.

As for romantic relations...in general all I've heard is that no one would ever want relations with XLE (EII on ILE), or they assume that, so they criticize their behavior in general. Frankly I've never seen actual romantic relationship advice from EXI for XLE, in my expirience supervision has been too painful for them to even get to that level.

I cannot make paragraphs on this forum correctly spaced.
    They care about justice, we about mercy so do the numbers there.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should write your own observations not more Fi to supervise them unless you intend to turn this into an example.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw my ESI girlfriend loves Carlos Mencia's shows
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like to think that it plays out like erin brockovich.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Mencia and I'm IEI. Boring show, bad jokes. I didn't mean to say the examples I mentioned I particularly like or were upstanding citizens. But they are the only examples from memory within socionics understanding.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jughead View Post
    I hate Mencia and I'm IEI. Boring show, bad jokes. I didn't mean to say the examples I mentioned I particularly like or were upstanding citizens. But they are the only examples from memory within socionics understanding.
    i don't see how liking carlos mencia is really related to type. i agree w/ you. he's absolutely horrible & really un-funny.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei