TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Telling apart Mirror types

What's the difference between mirrors?
    I'm looking for explanations that go a little deeper than just "EJ vs IP" or "EP vs IJ."

What's an observable difference between Base/Creative Role/PoLR DS/HA Ignoring/Demo?

Whats the difference between static mirrors versus dynamic mirrors?

Reinin dichotomy differences(if you're into that): Yielding/Obstinate Carefree/Farsighted Strategic/Tactical Emotivist/Constructivist Positivist/Negativist Processes/Result

Similarities: Static/Dynamic Democratic/Aristocratic Serious/Merry Decisive/Judicious Asking/Declaring
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Labcoatian, and also supported by the relationship description:

Mirrors, while sharing the same ego elements, hold quite different standards for those elements. Each holds their base function to be something applicable to anything at any time, but holds their creative function to a higher standard, expecting anything done with it to be done well. Thus, mirrors will get into disagreements, with each partner trying to hold the other's base function to their standard of perfection, while at the same time trying to get the other to accept free and constant use of their own base function.

The difficulty in telling mirrors apart partially stems from a difficulty in telling which function is which; I'd recommend looking at side quadras for this (that which both LII and LSI do is , that which both LII and EII do is , that which satisfies both criteria is probably something else altogether). As a corollary, I disagree with the view that there is "Beta Fe" and "Alpha Fe" as separate types of Fe - though I'm fine with "Beta Fe" meaning "Fe with Se or Ni mixed in" (and the equivalent for Alpha).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Labcoatian, and also supported by the relationship description:

Mirrors, while sharing the same ego elements, hold quite different standards for those elements. Each holds their base function to be something applicable to anything at any time, but holds their creative function to a higher standard, expecting anything done with it to be done well. Thus, mirrors will get into disagreements, with each partner trying to hold the other's base function to their standard of perfection, while at the same time trying to get the other to accept free and constant use of their own base function.
    Not a bad rephrasal.

I personally try to focus on the clubs and temperaments when making practical typings, though, so here it would just be a matter of figuring out wether the person is calm, stable and reserved or chaotic, active and open to experience. The function orderings are tricky because it can be hard to tell the idealistic perfectionism and focus of the Creative function apart from the pragmatic, reactive decisiveness of the Accepting function. They are both a major focus to the person.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I guess I'd say, the creative function is what someone aspires for. The dominant function is a main interest. Also, the DS for one person goes dry and unused, but it really "supports" him when someone else can use it for him, and he seeks that, where as that same IM for the mirror is the HA, which he doesn't seek consistently enough, but provides a lot of relief when he remembers to use it. So the super ID is like the ++ balancing and relieving place, but different between mirrors as well. One sup-ID is outward, the other is inward.

I also think PoLR and role is a large difference between types. One mirrors IM is a PoLR, which basically gets in the way of everything he aspires toward. (opposite of creative). Where as the other persons IM, the role, is actually very helpful, in that it gives direction. It shows you what you need to do next. It lays the ground work, its looking at the map. You see what you've covered and what you need to cover.

But I guess I'm not elaborating exactly on the meaning of the title "mirror," which to me is more intuitive than anything.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting info, lets bump for the fun of it
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not