Thread: Expressiveness and Excitedness

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Expressiveness and Excitedness

My SEE friend repeatedly asked me yesterday what it would take to get me excited (which in his terms meant doing something crazy and being loud about it) and it made me reflect upon the fact that most of the time I don't feel "excited" and I am rarely very outwardly expressive. I feel like my ISTp roommates are even more expressive than I am.

Which type(s) do you guys think are the least expressive and/or get the least excited about things?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi/Te Introverts.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah. My probably-SLE friend always wants me to be more excited about things. However, I am externally excited (or I project excitement) about all sorts of things... it just takes a lot to get me really excited, and I pretty much go from superficial to obsessed with very little in-between.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bardia View Post
    My SEE friend repeatedly asked me yesterday what it would take to get me excited (which in his terms meant doing something crazy and being loud about it) and it made me reflect upon the fact that most of the time I don't feel "excited" and I am rarely very outwardly expressive. I feel like my ISTp roommates are even more expressive than I am.

Which type(s) do you guys think are the least expressive and/or get the least excited about things?
    You remind me of an ESI boyfriend I once had. I liked him so well though. He was very stable and solid, emotionally. He was always up for activities and would often suggest them himself but never loud or uproarious. I had heeps of subdued fun with him.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    SLI and ILI. I think they would remain dispassionate even if the sun became green.
    yes. ILI for sure. I don't know many SLIs.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE, SLI, LSI, SLE-Ti, IEI-Ni, ESI,
    Last edited by matilda; 02-01-2010 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Usually chill, but I've seen LSE, SLE-Ti and LSI all get pretty excited & expressive over things they enjoy. Oh and IEI-Ni also (me).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I know I don't often get really excited. One of the guys I work with always tells me he wants me to walk in and make an appearance (I think he's LSI > SLE). Pretty much I only get giddy when I'm in a new, informal sitch (edit: with people I kinda know), haven't had much sleep, or I'm drunk. Gotta say though, any formality kills excitedness.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    hah. My probably-SLE friend always wants me to be more excited about things. However, I am externally excited (or I project excitement) about all sorts of things... it just takes a lot to get me really excited, and I pretty much go from superficial to obsessed with very little in-between.
    Yea I know an IEI and SEI and they both seem to be able to turn their effusiveness on and off very effectively and appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    You remind me of an ESI boyfriend I once had. I liked him so well though. He was very stable and solid, emotionally. He was always up for activities and would often suggest them himself but never loud or uproarious. I had heeps of subdued fun with him.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Out of that list SLE jumps out the most to me as being off. Most of the SLEs I know get very easily excited and expressive, granted you have to figure out certain topics or activities that really bring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Well, I know I don't often get really excited. One of the guys I work with always tells me he wants me to walk in and make an appearance (I think he's LSI > SLE). Pretty much I only get giddy when I'm in a new, informal sitch (edit: with people I kinda know), haven't had much sleep, or I'm drunk. Gotta say though, any formality kills excitedness.
    Yea I have to be with people I know and feel comfortable in my surroundings. Alcohol definitely helps too haha.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    SLI and ILI. I think they would remain dispassionate even if the sun became green.
    I agree. I've never seen my SLI mom get excited in that sense (though she has been perky upon finding something terrific in a gardening magazine.) ILIs wouldn't pay much attention to a green sun, but I've seen one get somewhat crazy a couple times with an SEE.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILIs have a secret crazy side. It is just buried very far down there and can only be seen by those with whom the ILI is extremely close.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    ILIs wouldn't pay much attention to a green sun
    I think an astronomer ILI would.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request