Thread: thePirate is not IEI

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thePirate is not IEI

I'm sorry, I cannot allow this to go unaddressed. thePirate is clearly not an Ni dominant: always coming out, inciting things, making himself known; even before he was a regular, all he would ever do was come in and incite little spurts of conflict, rarely ever drawing anything out. Contrast that to the style of conflict that most IEIs on this forum engage in: being very selective about where they apply themselves, but once a conflict is initiated, they either go to the bitter end, or until it has become so long and drawn out that what is actually being discussed is no longer relevant. thePirate comes in for little jabs wherever, without any sort of pattern or commitment, and only follows up sometimes, while IEIs are prone to draw things out but involve themselves selectively.

Also, he is just far too externally oriented to be IEI. Much too much focus on Se and seemingly almost none on Ti (at least actively). He has none of the sense of personal intertia that is common with IEIs. Take one of the least inert IEIs, Scarlettlux, as a counter-example. Scarlett questions her type sometimes, but is more or less in a 3-related constant flux of indeterminance; we all know she's IEI-Fe, and she probably accepts it on some level, but she never really comes down out of the clouds to settle on it, or even ACTIVELY question it. Contrast to thePirate, who comes out of nowhere with a lightning bolt of a type change, doesn't draw out any discussion, but takes it as assumed that, since nobody objects, everyone must agree - not only is this how EIEs tend to rationalize things but it also indicates that he is more prone to these sudden upheavels and natural shifts, as opposed to IEIs who are less naturally inclined to make such sudden shifts of their own volition (thus Se dual seeking); EIEs, on the other hand, seek Se actively, and thus are almost constantly TRYING for such upheavals and turn-arounds, whether they are feasible/realistic or not. This better explains both thePirates rather drastic and quick shift to Beta, as well as the quick switch to IEI-Fe, and should generally be taken as evidence that he is ACUTALLY an EIE.

Pirate, I'm curious about what makes you think you are a 4 as opposed to a 3 or 7.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

what am i.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make your own thread and maybe I'll tell you.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose SEE is the next most likely type after EIE, but he seems Beta to me.

Under cerulean skies...

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised too. Maybe you're just sad, pirate, and not IEI. The two can be very difficult to tell apart, of course. I still relate to some of what you wrote about ideal selves, but then Gilly is EIE and he had a whole thread about his image projections causing him to doubt the existence of a substance behind said projections, which is not all that different from living in an ideal self (although... in favor of IEI > EIE, the ideal self is more internal, whereas the image projections are more external in nature). Knowing almost nothing about it, I almost want to resort to tcaud's dual-type thing and say that you're EIE-IEI EM or whatever, but given that I, again, know absolutely 0 about said dual-type system (and however interesting it is, it is certainly a huge departure from "classical socionics" whatever that is if it is at all), I'm basically talking out of my butt here.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

extroverted decisive feeler EIE > SEE
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

def. EIE>IEI
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he's IEI, it's Fe-IEI... From what I know of him, I don't think that typing is out of the realm of possibility.

My hunches were EIE and SEE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I'm sorry, I cannot allow this to go unaddressed. thePirate is clearly not an Ni dominant: always coming out, inciting things, making himself known; even before he was a regular, all he would ever do was come in and incite little spurts of conflict, rarely ever drawing anything out. Contrast that to the style of conflict that most IEIs on this forum engage in: being very selective about where they apply themselves, but once a conflict is initiated, they either go to the bitter end, or until it has become so long and drawn out that what is actually being discussed is no longer relevant. thePirate comes in for little jabs wherever, without any sort of pattern or commitment, and only follows up sometimes, while IEIs are prone to draw things out but involve themselves selectively.

Also, he is just far too externally oriented to be IEI. Much too much focus on Se and seemingly almost none on Ti (at least actively). He has none of the sense of personal intertia that is common with IEIs. Take one of the least inert IEIs, Scarlettlux, as a counter-example. Scarlett questions her type sometimes, but is more or less in a 3-related constant flux of indeterminance; we all know she's IEI-Fe, and she probably accepts it on some level, but she never really comes down out of the clouds to settle on it, or even ACTIVELY question it. Contrast to thePirate, who comes out of nowhere with a lightning bolt of a type change, doesn't draw out any discussion, but takes it as assumed that, since nobody objects, everyone must agree - not only is this how EIEs tend to rationalize things but it also indicates that he is more prone to these sudden upheavels and natural shifts, as opposed to IEIs who are less naturally inclined to make such sudden shifts of their own volition (thus Se dual seeking); EIEs, on the other hand, seek Se actively, and thus are almost constantly TRYING for such upheavals and turn-arounds, whether they are feasible/realistic or not. This better explains both thePirates rather drastic and quick shift to Beta, as well as the quick switch to IEI-Fe, and should generally be taken as evidence that he is ACUTALLY an EIE.

Pirate, I'm curious about what makes you think you are a 4 as opposed to a 3 or 7.
    I basically agree, but I wish I knew SL offline so I could confirm her being an IEI. Online she talks like an EIE.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scarlett hasnt actively come out to discuss her type? I might be mistaken, but I remember multiple threads in which she comes out to discuss it; maybe she's just settled down now and feels the doubts aren't worth scrutiny?

Anyway, thanks.

I appreciate you setting this up, and everyone's comments. I was debating on whether to respond or not as I dont really plan on defending my type here. I want it to be known that abit of this presumptuous, for one there wasnt anything really lightning bolt about it; in the sense of how it came off here I can definitely see that. As much as I consider this community a good source of information with alot of intelligent people, the fact remains that theres no real interaction between us. People on here are still mistyped because of this. People have been really helpful in terms of narrowing my quadra down; I'm certain of being beta. I discussed with people on here and entertained ideas because I was plagued with doubt, trying to fit the descriptions; this includes my typing of ENFj.

Secondly, I think my emotional investment, in this forum is being grossly missrepresented. This forum is an outlet, a game, sometimes taken seriously, but to think that I would leave my typing to a bunch of superficial interactions on the internet is a bit ridiculous, no? This is partly why I didn't bother to discuss it; unlike many on here, I realize the limitations of this forum. That, and I just dont bother to spew my shit all over here like some other members choose to; I have said time and time again that my anonymity and privacy are important. Gilly, for instance, says i focus on Se - while another member I talk to somewhat frequently and more personally has explicitly stated my focus on Ti. Taking into account your opinions, contrasted with those of my best friends who I have asked to read profiles and typed me IEI - one of them being SLE - then who should I consider right?

Gilly, as I was reading your points; I normally would have thought about it and contemplated deeper than I have, and while they are interesting, theres too many things that would be unexplained by the type change. The intertypes in particular just don't make sense for me as an ENFj. The only possibility for this would be that I mistyped everyone close to me(which is highly unlikely) or that I'm an ENFj who has gone so 'deep' in his act that its managed to distort all his relations. I actually contemplated the second one, but it remains too far fetched to be taken seriously.

I can see what you mean about the way I start arguements, and I can also see how some behaviors here would be considered 'j' like in certain aspects, but my motivations or situations aren't really being taken into account; as you yourself have stated socionics is bout internal proccesses as opposed to outward behavior, right? With people who, for lack of better words, actually matter in some form, my interaction style is closer to the one you just described for IEI, at least to my perception. Also, I didn't assume that anyone accepted anything, I just wasnt particularly interested in peoples opinions here about it. If anything, I was actually curious why more people didn't speak up as I knew there would be doubters. I mean cmon, when is there ever a consensus here on anything?

To end, I'm going to say that I won't completely reject the ENFj typing; I do consider it at least a decent possibility. As I go through my day to day life, I will of course see how things play out and if enough evidence to prove otherwise surfaces, I'll make it more of an issue to address it. For now, its comfortable, it fits, things make sense. I might start a thread or bump a topic for more info on mirrors.

Its hard to honestly say that Im open interpretation right now, but if someone really cares enough to take an earnest and unbiased attempt to type me based off personal detail and interaction, I'm available via pm.

Oh, and aixelsyd, as much as I like you, I cant really consider SEE. I can imagine how you and cyclops see me like that, but Im so obviously intuitive SEE is something thats out of the question for me to discuss.
    Last edited by thePirate; 02-02-2010 at 06:05 AM.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as enneagram goes, that Im more apt to openly talk about. Stuck between 4 and 6.

Enneagram 3 - No way can I be a 3, I know a 3 pretty damn well and his emphasis on 'status' compared to mine is incomparable. I also dont have the same issues he has; on a superificial level perhaps, but nothing as nearly as deep. Anyone who knows me knows Im scattered and unfocused, I dont have his drive and dont feel compelled to modify; he was the one who really pushed the threes modification agenda on me and as a consequence I put more emphasis on that and interpersonal dynamics, WAY more than Im comfortable with or even care about. I really just want to be authentic and would prefer people not to like me for me, than to like me for some image Im disconnected from. Failure does get to me way easier than I would like, and Im not scared of being 'found out'. If anything, I want people to cut through the bull between us so we can get to know each other. I never had the issue of having people wonder if they loved me for me; this concept was first introduced to me by my 3 and as such I do think about it but it is no NO way as deep seated as his. My 'worries' if you could call them that are comparatively superficial in that regard. I also dont manifest the lies and bragging that unhealthy 3's display. My energy is also really scattered, anyone who really knows me is aware of this; focus, or willpower, is definitely one of my weak points.

Enneagram 7 - I dont run away from negative emotions, I engage them as I think its neccesary to grow as a person. I have a friend whose a 7 and this aspect of him comes off as superficial to me. Sometimes I can run away from things, but its not sometihng that I would consider a core fixation, I know I have to come back and address it eventually. Im selfish, but I dont think Im selfish in the 7 way. Im selfish in the way where other people wouldnt say I am, I put others needs before mine but its really draining. The flaws of the 7, the hedonistic lifestyle and constant escape isnt me, what I perceive that way of being is so conciously flawed to me that I generally avoid that. If anything, I suffer more than I have to alot of the time. I do seem younger than my age, partly because of how I look, and generally put a childlike vibe. I just dont read into this profile as deeply as the 4 or the 6, I do have some issues here sure, but its mostly on a superficial basis like that of the 3. Im unhealthy-average, and dont plunge myself in the pleasures 7s do.

6w7 Ive been considering, and would make sense considering people's opinions here. I still need to read and think about more, but so far 6 and 4 are the strongest I resonate with.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do give credit and agree that EIE is probably a better go, but I'm not going to judge it strongly.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    The intertypes in particular just don't make sense for me as an ENFj.
    I think that inter-type relations is how you might get your type correct.

Who do you think's your dual?

Personally, it took me awhile to realize that there was a pattern in who I got along with best, (b/c I had Socionics upside down... The pattern was clear long before I put the correct type to it.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make your own thread and maybe I'll tell you.
    Rarrrr!!!! Tell me what to do too please.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If thePirate is IEI then so am I!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    If thePirate is IEI then so am I!
    No; you aren't EIE or IEI, regardless of what thePirate is

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No; you aren't EIE or IEI, regardless of what thePirate is
    You're not the president of me!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You astound me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you continually frustrate and annoy me. I guess we're not identicals.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he's ILI! You could be his supervisor! I tend to get on well with ILIs (although I'm Fe subtype... weird). But my original typing was LIE, and I'm going to be happy if it turns out I'm right.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-Cyclops

I thought he was LIE, dunno for sure though.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you continually frustrate and annoy me. I guess we're not identicals.
    It's really that easy to frustrate and annoy you?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Way Ticket View Post
    It's really that easy to frustrate and annoy you?
    Depends on the person. Some people, all it takes is seeing them.

A Tiger livin' in a zoo.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the person. Some people, all it takes is seeing them.
    I managed to accomplish that with practically content-free posts on a forum? That's neat.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Scarlett hasnt actively come out to discuss her type? I might be mistaken, but I remember multiple threads in which she comes out to discuss it; maybe she's just settled down now and feels the doubts aren't worth scrutiny?

Anyway, thanks.

I appreciate you setting this up, and everyone's comments. I was debating on whether to respond or not as I dont really plan on defending my type here. I want it to be known that abit of this presumptuous, for one there wasnt anything really lightning bolt about it; in the sense of how it came off here I can definitely see that. As much as I consider this community a good source of information with alot of intelligent people, the fact remains that theres no real interaction between us. People on here are still mistyped because of this. People have been really helpful in terms of narrowing my quadra down; I'm certain of being beta. I discussed with people on here and entertained ideas because I was plagued with doubt, trying to fit the descriptions; this includes my typing of ENFj.

Secondly, I think my emotional investment, in this forum is being grossly missrepresented. This forum is an outlet, a game, sometimes taken seriously, but to think that I would leave my typing to a bunch of superficial interactions on the internet is a bit ridiculous, no? This is partly why I didn't bother to discuss it; unlike many on here, I realize the limitations of this forum. That, and I just dont bother to spew my shit all over here like some other members choose to; I have said time and time again that my anonymity and privacy are important. Gilly, for instance, says i focus on Se - while another member I talk to somewhat frequently and more personally has explicitly stated my focus on Ti. Taking into account your opinions, contrasted with those of my best friends who I have asked to read profiles and typed me IEI - one of them being SLE - then who should I consider right?

Gilly, as I was reading your points; I normally would have thought about it and contemplated deeper than I have, and while they are interesting, theres too many things that would be unexplained by the type change. The intertypes in particular just don't make sense for me as an ENFj. The only possibility for this would be that I mistyped everyone close to me(which is highly unlikely) or that I'm an ENFj who has gone so 'deep' in his act that its managed to distort all his relations. I actually contemplated the second one, but it remains too far fetched to be taken seriously.

I can see what you mean about the way I start arguements, and I can also see how some behaviors here would be considered 'j' like in certain aspects, but my motivations or situations aren't really being taken into account; as you yourself have stated socionics is bout internal proccesses as opposed to outward behavior, right? With people who, for lack of better words, actually matter in some form, my interaction style is closer to the one you just described for IEI, at least to my perception. Also, I didn't assume that anyone accepted anything, I just wasnt particularly interested in peoples opinions here about it. If anything, I was actually curious why more people didn't speak up as I knew there would be doubters. I mean cmon, when is there ever a consensus here on anything?

To end, I'm going to say that I won't completely reject the ENFj typing; I do consider it at least a decent possibility. As I go through my day to day life, I will of course see how things play out and if enough evidence to prove otherwise surfaces, I'll make it more of an issue to address it. For now, its comfortable, it fits, things make sense. I might start a thread or bump a topic for more info on mirrors.

Its hard to honestly say that Im open interpretation right now, but if someone really cares enough to take an earnest and unbiased attempt to type me based off personal detail and interaction, I'm available via pm.

Oh, and aixelsyd, as much as I like you, I cant really consider SEE. I can imagine how you and cyclops see me like that, but Im so obviously intuitive SEE is something thats out of the question for me to discuss.
    This seems really well thought-out and I can't really contradict anything you've said here, but I still can't fully justify you as IEI in my mind. Fe sub is plausible, but something just isn't right.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ identical rivalry

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    lol @ identical rivalry
    WWT and gilly? fwiw, i doubt they're identicals. i just saw WWT's VI thread like yesterday and he feels totally different from gilly… more sleazy (which is hard to believe, i know) and more dumb or something? probably delta. and yes its fucking type related!

@ thepirate - dude, you're not IEI. and god damnit, you are so weird.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who's seen pics and a vid of thepirate?
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is he hot or creepy?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya WWT annoys me just by popping up.

TIM
    ENFj-fe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    is he hot or creepy?
    Ohhh... he is sooo adorable! For privacy reasons, I won't go into any details but he reminds me of Prince, same kind of mystical aura about him... yeah he's a cutey.
    EIE tritype 5w4, 4w5, 9w1

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
    Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Ohhh... he is sooo adorable! For privacy reasons, I won't go into any details but he reminds me of Prince, same kind of mystical aura about him... yeah he's a cutey.
    hmm, and isn't Prince IEI?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ identical rivalry
    I don't compete with nobody.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morcheeba View Post
    Am I the only one who's seen pics and a vid of thepirate?
    I DEMAND THIS

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWT and gilly? fwiw, i doubt they're identicals. i just saw WWT's VI thread like yesterday and he feels totally different from gilly… more sleazy (which is hard to believe, i know) and more dumb or something? probably delta. and yes its fucking type related!
    Intelligence is type related?

Please, someone, help this girl.

I agree that he's not as intelligent as Gilly (although more intelligent than the average person in the street), and as for sleaziness - if by sleaziness you mean dishonest and corrupt, I really, really don't see how you can draw that conclusion about either Gilly or him. Have you met either of them?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm basically the opposite of sleazy in multiple meanings of the world, but I can't deny that I understand where she's coming from

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intelligence is type related?

Please, someone, help this girl.

I agree that he's not as intelligent as Gilly (although more intelligent than the average person in the street), and as for sleaziness - if by sleaziness you mean dishonest and corrupt, I really, really don't see how you can draw that conclusion about either Gilly or him. Have you met either of them?
    uh, i never said intelligence was type-related. i used dumb in the way you'd use "pointless/irrelevant" mixed with a "not focused" sort of vibe. and please tell me you didn't just look up the dictionary definition of corrupt, because its pretty obvious that's not what i meant. "sleazy" is an attitude. e.g., "what a fucking sleazebag" @ the way someone comes across. a smile can be sleazy, or a demeanor, an environment, whatever. jesus you take things too literally.

and btw, you can totally be corrupt without being sleazy fwiw

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, i never said intelligence was type-related. i used dumb in the way you'd use "pointless/irrelevant" mixed with a "not focused" sort of vibe. and please tell me you didn't just look up the dictionary definition of corrupt, because its pretty obvious that's not what i meant. "sleazy" is an attitude. e.g., "what a fucking sleazebag" @ the way someone comes across. a smile can be sleazy, or a demeanor, an environment, whatever. jesus you take things too literally.

and btw, you can totally be corrupt without being sleazy fwiw
    And you take things WWWWWWWWWWAY to seriously. When was the last time you had sex?

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast